Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Winter Blues [Aelius / Yukio]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:47 pm
Aelius had found himself with ample time between a modeling gig and his evening ballet class and little want to go home to an empty apartment. He'd do nothing but brood and fret. With Faustite's condition not growing any better, and in fact getting worse with no sign of a remedy beyond the most extreme measures, Aelius was left with a pit of anxiety and dread having take permanent residence in his gut. It made for a temperamental young man with a short fuse. So, to try and brood elsewhere and hope that maybe something, anything would help give him an idea on how to fix this, he had opted to park himself in a small indie coffee shop.

It wasn't in the heart of downtown so in the early afternoon hours it didn't tend to get incredibly busy, but there were others milling about. Some people sat with tablets or laptops, others with a friend or homework. Helio had gotten his drink and parked himself at a small, two person table in a corner surrounded by windows. An attempt to force himself to get some much needed vitamin D and not sulk in darkness. Cause not sulking wasn't an option.

Fingers wrapped around the stoneware mug. The warmth permeated through his hands and he closed his eyes in thought. His life felt like it was going topsy turvy for what Faustite was facing. So quickly things went from fine to horrible in a blink of an eye. It was easy to loose himself to the despair that crept along the edges of that anxious pit. But, he needed to focus. With hands warmed he reached down into the bag at his feet, a small black duffle that housed all of his dance gear, towels and shoes. In a pocket along it's side, where a particular pen sat housed carefully but in easy reach, Aelius pulled out a small notebook and writing pen.

He flipped to a clean page and scribbled in cursive 'memory retention' towards the top. Absently he made small bullet points below it. What could they do. If Faustite was to likely loose his memories, what could be done to restore them? Could they possibly be restored? Aelius hadn't had a need or want to restore his own after his own corruption, so could it be done? Was there something magical out there that could maybe pull lost memories back? Even snippets? Could memories be easily shared?

All of these quesitons were jotted down in that tiny book.

Sitting back in his seat, he drew the mug to his lips to sip at the dark liquid inside. Black, as he preferred, as his eyes slipped to the other patrons of the coffee shop as a few other people milled in, but he paid them little mind. All of them as he continued to mull over his thoughts.

TatterPixie
Sorry I am late with this! But, here is your start. Yukio unfortunately has to deal with a broody young man.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:52 am
Rare was it that Yukio was seen wandering around outside the familiar downtown core that he called home, but he had a lot on his mind, and that meant getting out of his apartment and going for a walk. Didn't matter where, just walking seemed to help him think. And he had a lot of thinking to do.

This would be his final year in college, if he hadn't secretly dropped out in his freshman year and then lied to his family in San Francisco about it. The charade he had put on since then had them pretty solidly fooled: staged photos, requesting "homework help" from his computer-scientist father, cheery updates that classes were going well. But he would be "graduating" soon, and that would mean the lie would have to come to an end. His conundrum was how to go about it – lie again, or come clean?

The possibilities were fairly limited if he decided to continue lying to them. For one thing, there was the graduation ceremony and the likelihood his parents would want to attend – although it would be quite the haul for them to come to Destiny City all the way from San Francisco, and he knew his dad was super busy with work and his maths teacher mom might not be able to get time off. But what if they did? That would be a mess.

There was also the option of coming clean, but that was fraught with problems too. How do you tell your parents, who had been paying you to attend college, that you stopped going years ago because a girl broke your heart? No, there had to be some other way.

The scent of coffee and tea drifted on the breeze past Yukio, and he stopped in front of the small indie coffee shop the aromas were emanating from. Mmmmm, tea. Sounded like just the thing for thinking on. As he walked into the shop, he spotted a familiar face in the back corner. Stepping up to the counter, he ordered a black tea with milk and a little bit of sugar, then cradling the mug he got in both hands, he headed for the back.

"Aelius," he greeted in his flat yet friendly manner. "Fancy seeing you here. May I join you?"

Kolina
it's all good! Yukio is a broody young man himself XD

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:10 pm
Aelius was well in his thoughts. So far in fact, he hadn't even noticed the young man walking up to him until he actually said something. The voice was familiar, but it was putting the face to it that brought a name to go with both. "Yukio." He closed his small notebook, hand resting on it as he offered a tired smile.

How long was it now since he first met Yukio at that festival? A few weeks? A month? Time was lost to Aelius recently as each day was just one trial after another. He was lucky he knew what day of the week it was. If it wasn't for the schedule in his phone he'd likely be lost and missing appointments left and right. The question still sat on the table though. Was he interested in having company?

Honestly? He wasn't sure. So... "Sure. Take a seat." He gestured to the chair across from him as he put his notebook and pen back into his bag.

"Funny that we both ended up here. What brings you to this neck of the city?" He questioned as he turned his attention to his mug to sip at the black contents.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:56 pm
Yukio pulled a chair out and sat across from Aelius, placing his milky tea on the table in front of him. "Just walking and thinking," he nodded at the other man from behind his ubiquitous little round sunglasses. "I have a lot on my mind lately, some… choices I have to make." He didn't want to disclose quite yet what those choices involved, at least not until he had a firm plan.

He took a sip of his tea, letting his thoughts briefly return to the problem at hand. Could he fake a graduation from DCU? Should he? Or should he come clean with his parents? Sitting and chatting with Aelius was proving to be a nice distraction from the worries spinning around in his head.

Cradling his tea in both hands, he took another sip. Not quite as good as the tea at Nekosuke, but good enough. "What about you? I haven't seen you around for a few weeks, since that festival. You've been busy with your work, I imagine."

Kolina
SORRY THIS IS SO LATE and so short! heart

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:41 pm
Walking and thinking? Aelius could relate to that. It seemed to be a constant state for him as of recently. Cupping his mug of coffee he sighed and leaned back in the chair, ankles crossing under the table as he straightened them out.

To avoid comment on the question immediately, he paused to sip at the hot liquid, mulling over his response. Yukio was a stranger after all. They'd only met once before and it had been rather brief to Aelius's standards. Diving into his current affairs, even if they weren't negaverse centric, would be highly unlikely. So, lowering his mug back to the table he forced a small smile. "Things have been a bit hectic. Work, uh, certainly has been keeping me on my toes."

Vague yet conversational. Good enough. He didn't have the spoons to go on beating around bushes like this though and he damn well wasn't going to be divesting his woes here. Even if he probably looked like life was giving him a run for his money.

"Just tired and run down. Nothing new though." He waved a hand dismissively.

How soon was too soon to leave the conversation? He sighed, it was too soon, for sure.

"Anything I can help you with with your choices?"

tatterpixie
No worries! Don't worry about length. Haha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:57 am
Yukio sipped his tea thoughtfully. What could he tell Aelius about what was going on? He'd confessed to Abbey months ago, and she was a virtual stranger at the time. "I have a… a situation where I've been withholding information from my parents. They don't live here, they're in California, so they have no idea what's been going on with me. Anyway, the metaphorical piper has come calling, or will soon, and I don't know how to pay them, if you get what I'm saying. Do I own up to what I've been doing, or do I carry on with the deception?" He gave a soft sigh. "That's my dilemma – that's what I have to make a choice about," he said, sipping his tea again.

"Anyway, I don't think there's any way you can help, but thanks for letting me vent." He didn't expect Aelius to have any answers; he was just grateful for the ear, sympathetic or not.

Yukio pondered in silence for a few moments, then thought of a graceful way to change subjects. Aelius didn't seem to want to talk about his issues. "So I got some advance news that Ummet Ozcan is coming to town for a show," he nodded. "You know, the Dutch DJ who does throat singing live with his mixes. I've been wanting to see this guy for ages now – I love his beats and the stuff he adds live is incredible. I'm trying to wrangle one of the opening slots for his show." An eyebrow went up as he spoke, almost saying that he was a shoo-in for the slot. "Regardless, I'm going to be there. Interested?"

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:50 pm
The metaphorical piper, hm? Never a good situation to be in for sure, and by the sound of it, Yukio got himself in rather deep. "You're right, I can't actually help." He commented, eyes glancing to the clock on the wall over the store's counter. "But I would suggest you stop putting yourself into a bigger situation." He shrugged, as his head moved to rest again his hand, propped up by an elbow on the table. "But, do whatever gives you less stress and anxiety. Most likely, that's letting the piper take his dues."

Aelius hadn't heard of that specific DJ. In honesty he wasn't deep into the world of indie bands and singers. Instead, he just let himself float from sound to sound that interested him and very rarely found himself anchored to one specific artist and all of their works. Still, he was open to new things.

At the open invite, Aelius's brow rose as he paused to take sip of his coffee. "I've got a lot going on right now." He confessed in as vague as a manner as was acceptable. Was he at all interested? Eyes looked over Yukio curiously. Was this invite something more? "Perhaps. If I can fit it into my schedule. Things are a bit on the fly right now though so I might be a bit late deciding for sure though." He lowered his drink back to the table.

Another flick of eyes to the clock. He needed to get going soon.

"When is it?"

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:10 pm
"You're probably right," Yukio nodded. He didn't like the idea of confessing, but he didn't like the idea of continuing the lie any longer. Maybe his plan to tell his parents he was skipping graduation – which he was, after a fashion – was the way to go.

"Oh, the show's not for a few months yet, not til early summer," he shrugged. "Like I said, advance info and all. I can let you know the exact details once I know more – they're still taking demos for warm-up DJs, so. Submitted mine already." Again the unspoken surety that he was going to get in was reflected in his flat tone and raised eyebrow.

Yukio noticed Aelius's gaze occasionally flick to the clock. "Well, I don't want to keep you," he said as he finished his tea and rose. "I just saw you here and thought I'd say hello. Good seeing you again, Aelius."

With that, he returned his cup to the counter and meandered out of the shop.

Kolina
I think we can fin in a post or so!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:02 pm
A concert would be an interesting thing to hit up, but there was just so much going on now that the frivolity of it seemed...pointless? Ah wlel, it was months away yet. Perhaps things would change and he could slip it into his schedule. Maybe by then, he'd be able to invite Eion along. Sure, it would only be 3 hours worth of time, but it could be a fun experience to share with him. "Yea, let me know."

As Yuki got up to leave, Aelius grabbed a napkin and jotted his number on it and slipped it across the table to him. "Here's my number. Let me know when you find out." He flashed a smile, tired though it was as he began gathering his own things and stood.

His bag was slung over his shoulder, scarf pulled tight before he followed Yuki out of the door after depositing his mug at the drop off. Even if he hadn't any intention of seeing or talking to anyone, the mundane conversation had helped lift his mood, even if just a little bit. It was easy to forget life continued on when things were tough.

tatterpixie
Fin?

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces