Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[R] the problems of songbirds {Chalcanthite x Faustite} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:02 am
Quote:
Backdated to mid January.

Faustite coughed as he breezed down the stairs, leaving a small smoke trail in his wake. The halls had been relatively sparse since the holidays, but enough people complained about smokiness in his usual haunts that he was reticent to add more smoke where it was already challenging to breathe. Lucky for him that the ceilings out in the halls were high enough to provide ample room for whatever ailed him.

It was three flights down to the lowermost part of the Citadel, where he would have access to the Hall of Shadows. Despite his boys' complaints, there was still work to be done on the crucible — adjustments to be made, kinks to sort out for it to be more optimized. Better if they could find ways to ensure that it takes less time, therefore easing the youma's burdens, and takes less energy, ensuring that more of that energy went to Metallia and not the gadgets that made her officers more effective.

Moreover, it was a distraction from the restlessness that plagued him. A side project to ease his mind while he consider what to do about the mole in their midst.

When Faustite rounded the final banister, he fully expected the great anteroom to the Hall to be completely empty. What he found instead was a lone figure occupying the gigantic room. It was a curious change, especially since the Citadel itself had fallen quiet, but what was stranger to him was that he didn't recognize the officer's uniform. They hadn't been part of the mission, so Faustite supposed they were either new, or newly returning.

Faustite approached nevertheless, hiding his cough in his sleeve, though he couldn't do much about the noise of it. The figure's back was to him, which granted him a moment to concentrate and pick up the aura.

"General," he greeted, voice a little dry. "Seldom find anyone here. Do you need something?"

sara draconia
finally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:57 am
Chalcanthite stood quietly in remembrance of past events for a moment. He had been in the rift many times although his trips had paused for a few years when things had become a bit busy for him. It wasn't so much a distraction to him but a reminder of what happened and what could not happen again in the future if he had any ability to prevent it. There was so much more to be learned about the rift and so many things he had learned especially when using the crystals in his own personal ventures. Even within that deep memory of the singing crystals, he felt the tingling of an aura getting closer.

As they approached he mentally shook himself out of his memories and put on his standard calm face he used when out in public. It was a voice he hadn't heard before and as he turned, it definitely wasn't someone he had seen before. They were almost a foot shorter than Chalcanthite but it would rude to point that out. In the moments before he got a real look at the general, he had wondered if he was coughing because he had been smoking. It was apparent that the smoke was coming from him instead though. A slight pang of memory at those he had met in the past with similar youmafication flickered in the back of his mind. He would sketch and write notes in his personal records when he arrived back home.

"Hello General, I come here periodically as I research things in the Rift. I also seldom find people here. Are you here for research as well?" Chalcanthite spoke with his usual calm and cool voice, hiding the curiosity and slight surprise from his face.

Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:18 pm
Polite (to an extent), kept his cards close to his chest, didn't offer his name. Tall boy with a handsome face and a long braid that would've gotten him mistaken for a Negaverse senshi were it not for the uniform. Looked like a conductor, almost. Faustite's attention swept over him fleetingly before his burning gaze settled on the unnamed officer's face.

Faustite rested a hand on his hip, half on leather and half on metal. "It's Faustite," he explained by way of correction, his free hand going supine with the offering.

There was something this one wasn't telling him, but Faustite couldn't be surprised at that; anyone who made it to General harbored secrets, and often those secrets were of a kind that were taken to the grave. They didn't need to be best friends immediately, regardless; it might be for the better that they each keep to themselves.

He was cute, though. That was a Problem.

Faustite let out a small sigh, curls of smoke leaving his nose before they petered out in the air between them. They smelled of copper and moondust, with an undertone of salt. "More or less," he answered at last. "Always got business down in the Rift. Seems promising enough. Think we can augment weapons," he began, then cut himself off with another coughing fit. He stepped back, knowing how much black smoke filtered out of him anymore.

sara draconia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:47 pm
The curls of smoke seemed to increase as the small general coughed. It didn't bother him too much as his own sense of smell and taste had been dulled from years of smoking and drinking. It was an odd and interesting thing to see though, coming from a person instead of a stove or fire. "I am Chlacanthite." He responded to the other's offering of their name. It was definitely not a name he had heard before in his years being part of the Negaverse but he had been scarce, even as he rose to the rank of General. HIs only appearances occurred in a few large-scale missions with mixed results and he tried to keep a low profile so that he could continue living both his civilian and powered life separately.

Something they had said interested him even more than the smoke though. "Weapon augmentation? I do not believe I have heard of that, does it work in relation to the crystals in the Rift or are there other machinations that work alongside our own weapons?" It was a very curious topic indeed and that curiosity sparkled a bit in his icy blue eyes. The idea that weapons could perhaps gain different attributes had been something he had wondered about since seeing the magic that Knights used alongside their own weapons. If it was like that there could be endless potential for all agents, especially those who were more about getting into the thick of it in a fight than Chalcanthite would. Diplomacy was his goal but his bow did significant damage when required so there was that.
Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:07 pm
Faustite fanned away some of the smoke surrounding him. "Crystals are secondary — an energy source for the structure. Keeps the lights on and the elevators moving." As he spoke, his hands followed the words, as if holding the concepts between his talons. He paced, too; ideas for improving the Negaverse inspired an energy in him that only boys managed anymore. "Building's been able to draw on the ambient energy on the Rift. You'd have to ask a Mauvian for details. Something about resonance." He didn't care much about those details, despite the Mauvian's excitement.

"Changing the weapon requires a youma. Bonded one, or they won't want to do it. Has to be strong, too, since the mechanism is unforgiving."

Faustite paused in his pacing, only to hold both his hands up. His left palm faced Chalcanthite, fingers extended, as if frozen in waving hello. His right hand was flattened out and parallel to the floor. "Weapons are immutable," he began, raising his right hand. "Youma are mutable." He raised his left. "A youma's starseed is proof of transformation: from human to something else. If we harness that ability and fold them into each other…" Faustite connected his hands at the heels, then back to back, then interlaced his fingers as he set them palm-to-palm. "We can make a different weapon.

"Doesn't last forever, and the youma's nature influences the product. Still working everything out, but I've watched mismatched daggers fuse with a harpy to become a feathered scythe." He assumed Aquamarine was having fun with that one, whether by tormenting Lieutenants or drunkenly asking the Queen for lessons. Maybe both.

A couple light coughs escaped him as he rested his hands on his hips. "Costs a lot of energy. Takes a good bond, too."

sara draconia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:31 pm
Chalcanthite listened very closely and unconsciously pulled his notebook out to take notes as the general spoke, it was a habit of his he had gained over many years of witnessing many events that left people dead or injured. It was a bit odd though, that the crystals themselves were not a focus to him but then again that resonance was probably what allowed his piper's fife to do what it did to others. With it being something that was inherently noncombative, it would not be a focus for many people in the Negaverse.

The topic of youma came up and he thought about his own, was their bond strong enough? If his little Voce would disappear or be unable to sing, that would break him even more. The dying of a mimicked voice would also sound horrifying to those witnessing the event. "I see, what would happen to the youma used in this augmentation? Does it return to normal after the allotted time passes? I would be curious as to what happens when a bird and a bow were combined if the other ended up with a scythe. I would like to believe that my youma and I have a bond but with it being a smaller creature I am unsure how that would affect things. How many others have gone through this process? I am just curious but I understand if you are hesitant to share your research results so openly with someone you had only just met."

He was thoroughly interested in what would occur but still wanted to play it safe. One example had been given so far but the feeling that things were still a work in progress had also come from Faustite. There were many variables to this and it would be a nice new topic to keep track of for future reference as well.
Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:58 pm
The note-taking was different, but ultimately insignificant; his research was already released and molded into a functional trial. There wasn't anything to steal if the General was looking for a quick way to claim that he'd finished something new and helpful for the battlefield. Besides, he might be of a mind to help out instead. He'd had a few volunteers already; surely there could be more.

"Far as we've seen," Faustite explained with a brief nod. "Once the energy runs out, the two split apart. Youma's back to normal, but it needs to revisit the Rift. Rest and recover. Weapon returns to normal, too — same form, same magic in it as before.

"Size of the youma shouldn't matter — it's more about the pliability of its starseed. Haven't seen enough of these to predict how that would go, however. It's more like an open trial right now." He could only convey his suppositions for how any of this should work. What they came up with had no guidance but for where Galvorn had left off, and the rest was a series of educated guesses and trials by fire. They'd gotten something to work, however, and all that remained was for others to try it. And if this General was willing? Then they had more data, as far as it had been explained to him.

"Only had a couple volunteers so far: Jet and Aquamarine. Jet altered his youma, gave it a second form. Aquamarine was the one whose youma helped make a scythe."

sara draconia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:26 pm
With a nod, he let Fuastite continue with his explanation. It was all very interesting and the reassurance that his youma would return to normal eased some of his hesitations. With it being an open trial with only a few participants it would be something to maybe look into. Of course, it would depend on who had tried it and what other results had come from it.

It was only the mention of the two Generals he had fought alongside a year ago that cemented the idea to join this smoking general in his research. "I believe I perhaps would like to see what potential my youma has with either of those two options. I remember Jet and Aquamarine from a year ago and if things went well for them I feel like it would be worth it to provide more data to this research. If that is alright with you of course being you are the one who knows about this and what it entails." He nodded towards the general for a moment as he thought.

"I for one, am always up for collecting data of course, given my normal focus on that matter. I would find it very interesting to speak more with you about this matter as well if that is also quite alright with you. If things go alright with my youma I can perhaps try and wrangle a few more participants as well, once I know a bit more about the qualifications required of course."

Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:45 pm
Oh, this boy had a similar manner of speech as Albite. He'd keep that to himself, for now; better to wait until he knew this one for more than just a five minute chat about research.

To his request, Faustite gave an affirmative nod. He coughed again, hoarsely, then summoned a metal water bottle to hand. After unscrewing the cap, he drank deeply and the water went through him to splash and sizzle on the fire in his gut. Whether Chalcanthite stared in horror at him, looked fascinated, or didn't give a s**t, it wouldn't matter to him. When he was finished, Faustite recapped his water and banished it back to subspace.

"Can take you down there. Show you how it works. Good opportunity to test our learning materials, too." If Chalcanthite could do it the self-guided way, then there wouldn't be a need for Faustite to make himself available to others.

"What sort of research have you got?" While Faustite could speak on some of his projects, he was more interested in learning what the other Generals got up to when they had free time. Faustite didn't much care to stare at his own things for too long, though he wasn't terribly well versed in research, either. Still seemed better to ask about it than to drone on about what he'd completed with a team.

sara draconia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:23 am
The appearance of a water bottle was interesting but how it flowed through the general into the flame made Chalcanthite pause his writing mid-sentence. That was not something he had ever expected to see in his life and he wondered what other things the flame could be used for or what would happen if it was doused with larger amounts of water. Could it even be extinguished, though that would probably not be good for the general?

"I would be very interested in that Faustite. I would love to see what materials you have and how easy it would be for other captains or generals to learn of this new advancement. My research is related to resonance and its effects when shaped and used in ordinary objects. When the resonance in those crystals is changed to different frequencies, what effects occur within that object or to those around and using said object or instrumentation? Though it is not as hands-on combat oriented as your research I do believe it would assist in expanding the way into exploring the endless depths of the Rift. I feel that place is like an ocean and holds much more than we could ever imagine exploring at our current state."

This topic was one that Chalcanthite was animated when speaking of, his fingers trailing as if conducting an invisible orchestra that sang of dark and unsettling things that crept in the night. For the duration of his schpeal, the ice in his eyes twinkled brightly. He could go on for hours if not longer with this topic though he was prepared to snip it short when getting close to the darkest reasons for his motivation and that would be when the ice chilled back over in his eyes and face for those were secrets and regrets he would live with until the day he died.

Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:49 pm
"Take you to the Rift, then." Faustite turned around and waved for the other General to join him, even as he coughed into his sleeve. The walk through the Hall of Shadows was never pleasant, but one fell into a quiet acceptance of the place's eerie nature after enough repeat visits. It was likely that Chalcanthite wouldn't react much to it, though Faustite still found it morose and hair-raising.

"Sounds like a lot of science," Faustite replied simply. "Physics or something." Something that he would have likely been forced to take, had he remained human and grown up, but escaped as a youmafied officer. Faustite understood that other agents like Amazonite or Kosmochlor were highly interested in the logic and science behind a phenomenon, and they wanted to investigate it for the betterment of the Negaverse, but Faustite preferred his comprehension of the world have a little more wonder left in it. He didn't understand how the crystals in the Rift held energy, only that they did, and that energy sustained a nigh infinite number of youma that answered to their commands. If he understood how they worked, he suspected he would find them less entrancing.

"You're right. Rift is enormous. Ever-changing, too." Faustite had never seen the edges of the Rift, even after all his time spent in it. There was always somewhere new, something he hadn't seen before, some fresh youma to meet, some austere cliff to climb.

"Anything to help newer officers — and more human officers — navigate unharmed. Heard of enough accidents down there with trying to find a personal youma. Expect that's why we don't see so many officers with them anymore." Too many accidents, too many drawbacks. Whatever the case, he'd seen a strange separation between officer and youma, where they had each become separate forces under the same umbrella.

sara draconia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:52 pm
Some of the things Faustite said took Chalcanthite by surprise, he wouldn't really call it science as much as it would be music theory and sound. Though the way he approached it was cautiously like a scientist would. "I would liken it to the unearthly melodies that bring forth effects but science and physics work as well." He chuckled a bit to himself at the idea that the General was probably more into the wonder of things like he was. Following Faustite through the Hall of Shadows, ghostly memories tickled and threatened to haunt him once more so he shook his head almost imperceptibly to try and force those tarred and feathered ghosts away.

"Yes, I want things to be safer for them and to hopefully strengthen the Negaverse by bringing more opportunities for our officers to find a youma. With how vast and different they are, it is an advantage and surprise to use against our enemies. It is also sad to hear that there are few of them around the officers but given the past few larger-scale experiences I had in the Rift, I can understand the hesitancy to venture in there and ally themselves with one." His own youma could mimic so many different things, that in itself was useful for many different facets of his duties as a General. Whether it was using the mimicked sound of a crying child to lure those in to drain or attack, or the sound of an alarm to scatter agents from a danger, there was always a sound and a use for its flight and birdlike appearance in his duties.

Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:26 pm
"Thought music was all math and frequency," Faustite returned. He was reasonably sure his mother told him that one, for she was the one that wanted him attending voice lessons when he was young. No — it was both his parents. He could remember both of them telling him that voice lessons would be good for him, that he'd be practicing a skill that would help him get better marks in math. That it would improve his logic somehow. He'd rather loathed that idea, for he wanted nothing to do with a subject that deconstructed the wonders of the world into strings of numbers and formulae, so he'd given it up early on.

And if, after all this time, it turned out that his parents were wrong? He'd probably have to lay down immediately.

"If people would learn to stop being stupid and quit pulling ******** starseeds out in the middle of the Rift, then they'd have less to fear." The General's gaze grew lidded and his hands picked up the emphasis on his exasperation. "But as long as they keep ******** around, the Rift's going to look like a killzone." That wasn't the youma's fault; they simply needed to quit recruiting braindead cannon fodder and promoting them to Generals.

Faustite gestured outward as he descended the steppes to the fallen city below. "Youma don't want to be subserviant to idiots. Bonding to an officer means surrendering some of their freedom, and what's the point in that if the officer's a moron? Youma like that get bullied by their brethren.

"So if you come up with a way to make the Rift safer, don't waste it on the ones who can't read or follow directions."

sara draconia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:29 pm
"I would say that music is a lot more magical and personal than that but there are many viewpoints on it and more mathematically inclined minds prefer to shy away from things like that. I really feel there's a lot more to it that cannot be explained away so simply with more structured logic." Chalcathite watched the General carefully as they continued to walk, he was very interesting and had some similar views about the wonder behind some things. It was kind of refreshing to take a step back away from the work and busy side of things to get to the main idea that led him to music. The way it seemed to almost magically affect everyone that heard it, whether by allowing people to share emotions and feelings or by allowing memories to return from the depths of a mind at the tickling melody tied to that memory.

"I would like to think that it would take a level of intelligence to work with your method we will be looking into today but, I will take that into mind when working through my research. I had not realized there were those with such a lack of common sense running around still especially if they managed their way to General. I feel like it would cause a lot more havoc down the line for youma and Negaverse agents. I have been a bit isolated in the past year, I should look more into the going ons of things other than my notes and research again."
If things had fallen that much in his time of isolation, that was bad news. It was hard to advance when there were so many liabilities and risks to take into account when those who had little or no common sense were involved.

Strickenized

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:54 am
"It's a sordid state of affairs," Faustite commented bitterly as he took the lead into the worn road and deep valley that awaited them. He would remain quiet for much of it, partly for vigilance of the various youma that often stalked the area, and partly because it was his nature to remain quiet. He paused seldom, preferring to stay moving to remain free of being considered an interesting target. Even as a pair of Generals, one being part youma, he was under no assumptions that each youma in the area would heed their intrusion as peaceful.

This trend continued into the Scar, where the bisected mountain rose up before them. Faustite kept his thoughts to himself when he started through the craggy underbelly where many youma made their homes. In this area, he picked up speed, preferring to jump from pile of rubble to pile of rubble to keep from disturbing the myriad creatures who made their homes in the gaping holes that lined the mountainsides. All manner of screeches, shrieks, clicks, skitters, and chitters filled the ruined mountain with a sense of liveliness, though it was all only a facsimile of a true ecosystem. No creature here fit the definition of 'alive' biologically. None but Chalcanthite and possibly Faustite.

As the pair neared the clearing, the creatures thinned out. They were less inclined to avoid the area as before, but collective memory hadn't yet faded — or the youma that reclaimed the space were naturally averse to wide open spaces. Faustite never stopped to ask.

"This way." Faustite ushered Chalcanthite on with a wave of his hand as he descended a narrow staircase hewn out of rock and dead soil. It reached down into a pit, into the fractured hole of a building, where they would find their way among obsidian, glass, metal framing, and numerous cords that glowed eerily bright in the broken space. As they passed nondescript black panels, the displays would light up with WELCOME, GENERAL FAUSTITE or WELCOME, GENERAL CHALCANTHITE, but Faustite did not linger long enough for the panels to display their options.

He reached the elevator, which was connected to nothing but the small catwalk on which they stood. After boarding the platform, Faustite manipulated the touchscreen for the platform to take them to the lowermost floor. Out of habit, he checked the energy readout — still 99,999 hours of power remaining, according to its own instrumentation. Faustite sighed through his nose.

"Doubt we'll find anyone down —" Faustite paused to cough, holding onto the guardrail for support as he hacked away hoarsely. When his coughing slowed, and he was able to swallow, his brows creased as he continued. 'Down here. Negaverse has been mum on its reception of this idea."

sara draconia

Negaspace & The Rift

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces