Today was a day that they decided to leave the kids at Xander’s for some much needed alone time. Mercy thought it would be a good idea to just go out for the moment and enjoy some adult time [granted, asking Cass to take a day trip to Florida so she could be on the beach crossed her mind but there was no WAY she was going to bribe him enough for that.]. The place they would start at would be the roller rink downtown. They had the best music, it was clean, not a lot of teenagers….Perfect. Since it was winter, there would be no shorts today…Or, maybe some jean shorts with leggings? Or just leggings and a winter sweater dress? The latter sounded much better but maybe with no turtleneck.

“Cass! You ready?” She was currently trying to get her messy hair in some sort of presentable bun, thinking that it might be time to cut it again. Before she had kids, Mercy loved having her hair at a decent length, but now, anything past the shoulders was like a death sentence for her poor head. The boys loved pulling hair even though they are toddlers now.

Cass did not want to go to the roller rink and he’d told his wife as such. He’d never gone roller skating in his life, that he could remember. Mercy was insistent so he was now at a roller rink and skates without so much as a clue how to stake. He watched some youtube video, but it hadn't really made him want to try it. Some people were pretty damn amazing at it, like ice skaters on wheels but with a different sort of rhythm.

“No, but we're here now, so it is what it is.”

Usually he made more of an effort, but he just wasn't feeling it. He was literally doing it to make his wife happy.

Mercy frowned and sighed. She thought that Cass would at least give this a chance, she could even go slow and teach him, but now she felt like an a**. “You know we could just try something else. How about bowling?” If it was in the summer, surfing was something she was getting used to but really wanted to practice. Maybe she should do research to see if she could find some sort of indoor wave pool? That would be nice, her husband is a merman after all. She started taking off her skates so she could hand them back in. “C’mon give me your skates.”

“Its just not my cup of tea Dove, but we are already here so just put your skates back on. I'm an adult and fully aware that I can’t always have my way.” He ground his teeth a bit more trying to calm his ire, he also knew if his brother found about his sulking even as an adult he’d be getting an earful.

“I said I’d try it, so I’ll try it. Come one.”

Mercy gave him a look, but put her skates back on, “If you try it and just really hate it we can do something else, I'm not going to protest.” She was tempted to just see if she could bribe her poor husband, but that could lead to things she might not be prepared for. Gently taking Cass’s hand, Mercy started to tug him towards the rink. “If you need to, hold onto the wall and my hand at the same time, I'll steady you~”

“Please don’t treat me like I'm scared, I’m not scared. I'm just not overly fond of repeatedly busting my a** and embarrassing myself. I’m not sure why this doesn't appeal to me, you know I have excellent balance … It's definitely needed for surfing.``

He took his wife's hand anyway, though he didn't like the idea of making her fall either, so he didn't think he’d keep hold for long. Some of the people out were skating in a chain and going pretty fast, making him think the rest of the family would probably like this even if he didn't.

“Alright, teach me dove.”

He wondered briefly why he and Damien never skated, it's not that he'd never seen people skate. He guessed he’d never been interested.

“I don't think you're scared i just thought you didn't want to fall on your a**….I could always let go Mr. Giordano~” Besides she was sure if Cass fell he would make it look hot somehow. She could already feel the stares of some teens and rolled her eyes. If she left his side they would more than likely flock over to him. It did make her wonder if some of his students were around.

“You are not funny at all Dove, but you can let go if you want,” he said trying to get his footing. He hadn't even rollerbladed, probably because if he wasn't on the soccer field then he was in the water. It was just his nature.”

He tried to move forward, but felt ridiculously unstable. It wasn’t like being on a board, not a surfboard, skateboard or snowboard. One misstep and he almost went down, if he hadnt been holding onto Mercy he would have been flat on his back. He felt to tall for this, which was probably stupid.

“I’d like to think I am very funny thank you~” Mercy shook her head and bit her lip, wanting to tease Cass about his grumpy behavior. Maybe she would in a bit. Right now she was making sure she stabilized him if he felt wobbly, which already happened a couple of times already. After a bit longer she would see about letting him chose the next place they went.

He moved into the middle where there were less people whizzing by, but that mattered very little because someone whizzed by too fast and Cass lost his balance. He ended up on his back on the floor. He groaned, sighed and didn't even bother getting up for a moment. He had a hand over his face looking like the picture of exasperation.

The person came back to apologize, but he waved them up before attempting to get back to his feet.

Someone else came up to him offering to teach him the basics, giving an explanation and offering to skate with him and Mercy for a bit. Cass didn’t really want to but he had to at least learn enough to get out of the middle.

Mercy wanted to tell Cass to stick to the edge, but she went along with him to the middle, his fall pulling her down with him. She fell on her a** and cursed, this was not going the way she wanted but she was also unsure of how to help him properly. Using the edge of the rink was how she learned and it served her just fine. With Cass it would seem like they would need an actual teacher before anything could be done. Which thank god some one came by and decided to tell him all that he needed to know. She eagerly nodded at the person, grabbing her husband’s hand. “Lean down a bit?” She wanted to ask him something before continuing.

Cass was trying to follow the person’s instruction as they moved up and down the middle of the rink. He realized after a moment the person probably worked at the rink. He looked to his wife when she grabbed his hand and told him to lean down a bit. He did so even though it made him feel unstable to be bent over. He was certain in a few moments the floor was going to come up to meet his face when he fell again.

Mercy grinned and whispered something in his ear to help him feel better, pulling away. “After your lesson here~” She hoped that would help motivate him somewhat. She still felt like an a** but at least she could make it up to him. The instructor was pretty good and even she found herself listening to what they had to say. Maybe they could do this again sometime and Cass would be a bit more into it? She wanted to bring the boys as soon as they were old enough and maybe invite her parents out along with her siblings.

Cass raised a brow at his wife and started laughing knowing she was trying to bribe him and kissed her forehead. “You dont have to bribe me Dove, though I very much so look forward to a kid free night with my sexy wife.”

He whispered in her ear, “You're not leaving our bed until lunch my love.”

He straightened himself back up and focused back on the man trying to teach him. He fell a couple more times, but he was able to make it up and down the middle and over to the wall after the man was sure he was getting the hang of it and left him to it. Cass was surprised how tiring it was, but that wasn’t going to stop him from his own personal after party.

Mercy facepalmed.

Yep, it was time to call her boss and let him know she was not about to be at work tomorrow. Last time she went to work after a session with Cass, her boss decided to let her know that he knew the reason why her legs were wobbly. Nope, not wanting to go through that again, so she would stay home, have her sex session, and then be blissed the ******** out till she decided to take a bath in that nice jacuzzi bathtub they have. With some wine of course and maybe some rose pedals. She did have that nice extra fancy bath stuff that she has been holding out on, tomorrow would be a good time to use it.

Either way, the jello legs she was about to obtain would be well worth it.

Kaori_luv