Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Late Gift Exchange [Retzian x Oliver][Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:32 pm
Retzian had been busy during the holiday season, and then unwilling to come out for very long due to the fact of the stupidly attractive blue fish woman who seemed to know her. Or seemed to simply want to know her. Whatever the case was, she didn’t like it and had thought it was a good idea to just…lay low for a while. Tonight though, tonight had seemed like a good night to go back out, and when she saw Oliver biking down the sidewalk, Retzian couldn’t help but beam.

Perfect. It really was the perfect night to have come back out.

She had a gift for him, and for his family too. Nothing exciting, but she had fun finding them. Good pens were always needed when one was a teacher, and she hoped that the composition book she had gotten for the mysterious son was one that he would like.

…Little boys always like dinosaurs, at least…it seemed like a valid like so…

“Oliver!” The Captain moved towards the sidewalk waving and grinned. “It’s been a while, friend. How are you? Isn’t it too cold to be biking now? You’re far braver than I am.”

Hopefully he wouldn't be as afraid of her this time. She had gotten bitten by that spider so he didn’t have to, after all.

And they were friends. Obviously.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:12 pm
It was chilly enough that Oliver had bundled up in several layers before he hurried outside. He was almost tempted to ask Asher to stop by the store, but he was working so hard and he really deserved to come home as soon as he could. It wasn’t a long trip, and things had been peaceful so far. He’d hopped on his bike to make the trip as quick as possible.

It was a little brisk, but it was good! He was being healthy!

And, he’d dressed warmly.

He wore gloves, and a sweater beneath his jacket, and a scarf. The ear muffs would have been excessive, it wasn’t that cold, so he just kept his hair down.

He’d been paying attention to his surroundings. Except for when he got a text message from his perfectly wonderful, doting husband, who was asking if he needed anything on his way home.

Oliver had just pressed send when he heard his name, and he stiffened and jerked his head up.

There were a few seconds of panic before he remembered to breathe and play it cool. She’d called him friend, right?

“Just in a hurry. I want to finish dinner. I’m dressed warmly though, it’s not too bad.”

Not too bad. He was still in a bit of a hurry. “What are you doing out?”

…Did he want to know?

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:25 pm
Retzian’s smile faltered for a moment but she shrugged. “Just enjoying the weather, haven’t been doing my duty for a while and figured that I should stop being a slacker. I’m glad to see you. I have late holiday gifts for you…Christmas gifts but, if you don’t celebrate, call them whatever kind of gifts you want. I mean.”

Withdrawing the gift bag from her subspace pocket, she withdrew the two sets of multicolored pens and grinned. “For you and your man, and…you’ve never mentioned that much about your child but…I thought maybe he’d like…this? If I’m wrong, just…I tried, okay?”

Pulling out the dinosaur covered composition book, she grinned rather sheepishly. “...All boys like dinosaurs, right? I’m out of my depth for that but, I thought it was kind of cool, and you can never have too many comp books, am I right?”

The smile she gave was a little hesitant, and she hoped that he would like the gifts…or at least not hate them. “Anyway. I thought of you and I’m glad I ran into you.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:39 pm
Oliver blinked for a few seconds. When he’d gotten the text message from his husband he’d planted one foot on the ground and leaned his weight and the bike’s on it so he could answer. Now it gave him a good opportunity to just talk to Retzian who was…

Offering gifts?

Was she trying to bribe him? No, that didn’t seem right. He knew the Negaverse was dangerous, but she was nice. And, he hadn’t forgotten the spiders. All of it was confusing, and maybe it was just the chill that made it hard for him to really think about it too much.

“Oh, no. Those are nice, that was so thoughtful. Are you sure?” He glanced up at her uncertainly. “I didn’t get you anything. I mean, I wasn’t expecting to run into you. These are lovely, thank you.”

There was still a bit of a question in his voice but he didn’t sound ungrateful.

“What, um–what were you thinking about me for? I mean, I don’t want that to sound weird, I’m just not used to it, I think. You seem so, you know, professional right now. I mean, out working at all. What do they have you doing out here in this chill? You’ll get sick if you’re out for too long…”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:23 am
“I’ve been worried about you since the last time we met, I was scared that you had gotten bit after all, and it’s just good to know that you made it home in one piece.” She shrugged, smiling slightly. “You’re a nice guy, Oliver and I enjoy chatting with you. And…I kind of have to, I was pretty lazy over the holidays honestly, so I need to make sure they know that I do deserve the promotion that I was given.”

The smile turned into a grin and Retzian took a step back, spinning in place to show off her new coat and the rest of her new outfit. “What do you think? I’m a Captain now. I’m quite pleased with it…still a small jellyfish weapon but. It’s less useless than the last one.”

The Cat o'nine tales was summoned and she held it out for him to see. “Still not great but…it’s not a cat toy anymore.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:04 pm
Oh, that looked a little more dangerous. But…

She still wasn’t making any effort to attack him. Oliver was naturally suspicious and jumpy, but she seemed like she was treating him like he was actually a friend. And she had been there and tried to get him away from the spiders, so…

This was all so confusing. His heart felt like it was going to jump out of his chest–maybe it was from the cold, or the bike. She really didn’t seem that intimidating right now.

“I was okay,” he promised. “I–well, thank you, I appreciate that. That’s nice.” Much nicer than when they first met, she’d been scary.

“What, um–what does a promotion mean for you? What are you supposed to…do? I mean, the outfit looks nice.” It was fashionable. But she was still carrying around a weapon, and he couldn’t help but hope that she didn’t hurt anyone. Not that draining energy was good, but it was better than killing them…

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:11 pm
Retzian nodded and seemed pleased with his reaction, even if he looked uneasy still…he would always look uneasy around her but…that was okay. They were friends regardless, and that was what she cared about. Sure that things were easier when she was Celestina…but she could be herself so much more as Retzian…and he didn’t seem like he wanted to run away quite as badly this time.

Letting her weapon vanish once again, Retzian shrugged. “Same stuff. Collecting energy, watching out for those trying to stop me from collecting energy, but I’m going to hopefully have a bigger role in helping some newer recruits. Mentoring them and the like. That’s what I’m most looking forward to. I enjoy teaching. I like to watch people gain confidence in themselves.”

That was how she had gotten into all of this, after all…so, why shouldn't she be proud?

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:30 pm
“Oh. Well, that doesn’t sound so bad. I mean, as long as you’re not teaching them to get into trouble or do anything too dangerous. Don’t teach them, um. You know the whole…”

He gestured to his chest. “...I mean, you know.”

Killing someone was irreversible and he couldn’t justify it in any way but, “I suppose gathering energy is the much kinder option. Although, my husband was a bit out of sorts for a day or two when he had his taken. But he did get better. I just worry,” he sighed. “Maybe it would be less dangerous if you weren’t out there hurting people? You seem–I mean, I was worried about you at first, but you’ve been very kind to me.”

And, it was better to stay on the Negaverse’s good side anyway, right?

“I appreciated you looking after me.” He looked at the presents again. “And thinking about me.”

Those really weren’t the actions of someone who was up to no good; she didn’t have to butter him up or sweet talk him–he didn’t have anything to offer, he wasn’t a threat. So it had to be genuine, right?

She really seemed genuine.

“I just–you don’t seem as bad as some of the other people that I’ve heard about in the city. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:01 pm
Retzian smiled warmly and nodded. “I’ll always look after you if I can. You’re kind, and I enjoy the fact that there’s kindness in the world because of you.” She sighed and gave a look that was almost sad as she took a step backwards. “I’ll do my best, but they have to learn, and if I have the chance…I mean. It’s not something I enjoy doing. But I will if I have to, and it’s not something that I’d teach them to do just…because they want to be cool…still…”

Starseeds did have to be taken. Unpleasant or not.

“I should be getting home, and more importantly, letting you get home. Have a wonderful night, Oliver. Enjoy your pens!” She turned before he could see her smile fall and teleported away, letting him go home in peace without worrying that she would follow. No, she would watch out for him when she could…but she wouldn’t keep pestering him…as much as she wanted to.

…Now, Celestina could…and would but. Whatever, so long as her friend was safe, that was what mattered.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff