xxNICHOLASxxxHUExxxHAYWARD-YExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES
Nic or Cole

GENDER Male

FACECLAIM Lei Wu / Leo Wu

AGE 15

BIRTHDAY August 21, 2047

BLOOD STATUS Quarter-Blood Quarter-Breed (Muggle Mother, Half-nymph Father)

SEXUAL ORIEN-TATION Pansexual

WAND Holly, Wood Nymph Hair Core, Inflexible and Smooth Shaft

MORE-THAN-AVERAGE Quarter-Nymph

PET Dad jokes the bowtruckles on the farm are our pets.

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

YEAR Fifth

HOUSE Gryffindor

DREAM JOB Stock Broker

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DISTRUSTFUL From my mum throwing me onto some farm with a dad I never knew until she died, to the fact he was a wizard and could do magic but didn't bother to save Mum, to the fact that I'm not even entirely human (and apparently not in the wizard not-human way), I am struggling to have faith in much at the moment. You will have to excuse my doubts.
THOROUGH I am the type to dot every i and cross every t. I don't believe in cutting corners and I believe in researching everything you can before you make a decision. Mum was like this in her work and it worked for her, why wouldn't the same dedication to the exact work for me?
FRANK It isn't that I can't lie or am bad at lies, I generally don't see the point of lies.
COMPASSIONATE I don't consider myself a bleeding heart but I had some common sense about other's troubles that many of my London classmates lacked. I swear if Mum had heard me say some of the crazy things I heard she would kill me. Like who actually thinks people aren't rich because they don't want to be.
IMPULSIVE Once I feel I have all the facts I have never been one to waste time doubting my next move. I have heard plenty of lectures on not acting without thinking but the truth of the matter I do think I just don't doubt my decision once I make it.
HOT-HEADED I may sometimes be quick to anger. It is probably my least favorite trait about myself and gets me in the most trouble. I strive to be cool and collected but it doesn't quite work out for me. I care too much and don't have the patience to express myself properly leaving me to be quick to jump to harsh words or arguments.

■ good wi-fi
■ plants (not that he'll say it - succulents are his favorite)
■ the Ye family instead of the Haywards
■ a good game of casual lacrosse or football
■ his Aunt Lola Ye's metalwork toys

DISLIKES
■ cars
■ boring places with not much to do
■ companies that harm the planet (he points out that we do have to live here)
■ Selfishness in others
■ Fish and Shellfish

STRENGTHS
■ Clever
■ His thorough eye for detail

WEAKNESSES
■ Temper
■ Resentful

FEARS
■ losing someone else that I love
■ traveling by car (or bus, though he manages that)

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD Rhett Ye might have made a living growing trees but that did not mean he lived a boring or entirely sedentary life in his youth. He would often enough visit his sister Lola at her flat in muggle London and would enjoy time at local pubs to watch football (what a fascinating muggle sport), listen to the local bands, or flirt with the local muggles. He never imagined that anything was going to be produced from one of his flings. He may never have known if not for a fateful car crash north of London some three years ago. Some wills give money or property, Ashley Hayward's will gave him a child. Rhett had never thought to give a fictitious name to his flings so it apparently was not that hard to track down a Half-Chinese man named Rhett Ye who owns a farm in the New Forest.

Rhett and Ashley had met in their twenties and soon after a brief fling went their separate ways. Unknown to Rhett, the soon to graduate business student became pregnant. Ashley had no interest in informing Rhett of their child as she felt her budding stock broker career would more than happily support her and her child. She had hired a private investigator to find Rhett but never could find it in her to do anything with the information. Still, she did alter her will in the off case something did happen to her Rhett should take their son. He had to be more stable than her rather dysfunctional family.

It was her dysfunctional family that led to Ashley's downfall. Her sister called late one night saying that her boyfriend had locked her outside of the house again twenty minutes outside of London. Ashley reluctantly got a babysitter for Nicholas and headed out into the pouring rain. Ashley lost control of her car only two minutes from picking up her sister and did not even make it to the hospital.

Nicholas passed the next few days in a blur when to the entire family's surprise (and relief - they did not want some eight year old kid) that Ashley knew the father all along and thought it best if he gained custody. By the end of the week, everything Nicholas owned was packed up and shipped to a farm in the middle of the New Forest with a man he didn't even know that was supposed to be his father. It was awful compared to his life with his mother in the bustle of London.

The first night as Rhett tried to be supportive and digest the new development in his life, Nicholas lashed out and showed his first display of magic. After a two hour tantrum two broken lamps and a broken bookcase, Rhett was able to calm Nicholas enough to explain that Nicholas was a wizard as he was. (Rhett waited to introduce the nymphs). Nicholas decided he hated Rhett at that moment because if he was a wizard couldn't he have saved his mum? In time and attending Hogwarts, Nicholas will likely understand magic doesn't work like that but for now Nicholas can't help but be angry at Rhett.

For now as Nicholas awaits attending Hogwarts he attempts to entertain himself with trees, vegetables, and plants and learn to trust his father. Considering his mum's family hasn't even bothered to call after Rhett took custody of Nicholas, Nicholas does suspect Rhett (even if a stranger to him) was the better choice as a guardian. In the end he did gain his father's family: an aunt who bewitches metal, a grandfather that makes wands, and a grandmother who isn't even human (wood nymph). As Nicholas's time to go to Hogwarts approached his grandfather Kai Ye using his wife's hair made a wand for him just as he did for his children. Nicholas recognizes the significance to a point but from what Nicholas has read the wood he chose from his dad's farm (holly) is best for helping someone overcome a tendency to anger and impetuosity. The Ye family is weird but Nicholas supposes he is part of the family now too thanks to his idiot aunt calling his mum in the middle of the night.

SCHOOL YEARS
■ Nic went into Hogwarts wanting a foot in both the magical world and the muiggle world. He wanted desperately to follow his mother's footsteps in the world of stocks and finance but didn't want to fail wizard school too (he thought that would make his Dad sad - and the rest of the Yes - and well they did try a lot for him). But to get where his mum had been he would have to go to uni and to get there he'd have to get good A level scores so he would have to study that on the side. So he did. And while he was studying he joined the Herbology Club (in secret because he didn't want to give a hint he was part not human - nymph), Creature Appreciation Club, Namaste, and became a beater for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team (the position of beater was a family tradition).
■ In Nic's third year, his aunt Lola became the Professor for Charms 1-3 at Hogwarts. Having an ear to listen to and someone to give him wise advise was helpful for him. Nic realized he'd never live fully if he was living two lives halfly. Nic thought long and hard about his true passions and quietly decided only between himself and his aunt Lola that he wanted to be a Cursebreaker. It would be perfect. Brains and adventure. As he evaluated his professional future he decided to focus his extercurricular interests. He came out. As a part nymph. He never saw his pansexualness worth something to announce. And, he became a part time quidditch announcer as he enjoyed a bit of the spotlight. There he deepened his friendship with Tàmhas Ghobhainn who was a fellow part nymph.
■ During Nic's fourth year he was announced as Vice-Captain of the Quidditch Team. During the year Tàm struggled with his own demons where Nic stood by and did what he could flowering him with mechanical charmed metalwork that he learned from his aunt.
■During the summer before Nic's fifth year, he got the welcome news of being Gryffindor Prefect. (He couldn't say it was exactly a surprise. He checked a lot of the boxes, good student, involved in extracurriculars, doesn't get into trouble, there for friends, and Lola might have said a good word or even his Arithmancy Professor Jasper Marcs. He was pretty cool). His Grandparent Yes were so excited they threw a party in the garden and his Grandmother Cherry invited all the local nymphs. His mother's family might have abandoned him - and they were all losers and his mother's sister was why his mother was dead - but the Ye family more than made up for it.

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED 1/9/2023

UPDATES MADE
■ Character Created
■ Age Updated
■ Bio Updated - 5/14/2024

PENDED BY ♥ Steffy ♥ 01/15/23
ACCEPTED BY ~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰[05/09/2023]
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)