Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:45 pm
A little trickery, a little delight, and a desire for all winged beings, Oberon can't help but feel for those beings eternally grounded. One of his greatest pleasures was flight, and the Faerie God couldn't help but see that the people were in dire need of his services. Surely, he could be a generous creature when he wished to be... but it always came with a price.

Those who wished to pray to him, or at least, to offer him something of value, might well catch his eye. He was a vain creature, and delighted in attention and worship -- would the world not sing his praise after he blessed the worthy with a gift or two?

Let them fly, but most importantly, let them fall down at his temple and request his gifts. He was nothing, if not attentive, to those who wished an audience with the Faerie God. What did Faetasia have to offer? And who among them would be the models for his craft? Surely, there must be a few worthy souls among them.

- - - - -
Wishing for Wings
Faery Blessings Are Currently: OPEN

User Image

I've recently been gifted Oberon from his previous owner (thank you Mondo Celest!) and wish to pick up the mantel by offering a Faery blessing of wings to Faekats who are in need! These will primarily be faerie wings, but Oberon is more than happy to work with leather, feathers, smoke, elements, etc. Generally speaking, if you can imagine it, Oberon could create it. He is a god, after all -- and he does rather love granting others wings. Better yet, he craves to have more Faeries in his court!

Interested? Please follow the rules below -- ripped primarily from Mondo's previous thread.

The Rules

1. Please follow all Gaia TOS.

2. Please post the uncerted version of the Faekat you are submitting for a blessing. (If you do NOT have the uncert, the cert will work fine - however, I prefer to work on the uncert when possible)

As a side note, please be aware that older Kats or Kats who may have less clear images are harder to work with due to the quality of the image. There's a great chance I'll choose a Faekat with a clearer image simply because it'll be easier to do!

3. Faery blessings will be adjusted based on the alignment / race of the Kat that you're submitting (ie: Ebil Kats will be Dark Faeries, etc). If the Faekat you're requesting a blessing for is a user-owned race, please make sure they are eligible for a blessing!

4. Elite Races will *not* become Faeries. Instead, they will simply gain a wing blessing from the god. i.e. a vampire will remain a vampire, but with wings. Non-Elite Races will become Faeries.

5. These slots are colorist's choice -- which means I'll be choosing what I feel like working on if and when I'm able to take on some work.

6. You may post for as many Faery blessings that you would like, but I will only accept one per person at any given moment. If/when your Faekat is chosen, I will message you and let you know! Please, try not to spam the thread. Options are well and good, but I would prefer you only put in pets you really want wings from!

7. I will determine the style of wings / level of edits that your Faekat receives.
    This will primarily be colorist choice in regards to design and type. However you're welcome to add a suggestion if there's something in particular you're keenly hoping for -- however, no guarantees! Enter these at your own risk!

8. If your Faekat already has wings, I can edit on top of them, or over them. However, I cannot add a second pair.

9. There is no specific price for Oberon's wing blessing. Just pay what makes sense to you or what you might like.

10. This thread will remain open on an on-going basis so I can pick things up as I can!

11. Please fill the forms out in their entirety. I did put in some IC flavor-text in the form, however, this is purely optional and just for fun! It might sway Oberon ICly to perform the blessing, however, it still utlimately will come down to what I OOCly feel I can do or am inspired to do.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:18 pm
Blessing Code
Please use this code to fill out your form! You may post multiple in the same post if you wish, however, I will only pick one at a time.

[center][size=28][b][color=salmon]Will The God Of Faeries Hear My Prayer?[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Faekat Name:[/b]
[b]Faekat Alignment:[/b]
[b]Faekat Uncert:[/b] Pleas keep it at the original size! You may post a cert if no uncert is available.

[b]---- Optional IC Funl:[/b] Delete this if you don't want it included!
[b]What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon?[/b]
[b]What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing?[/b]

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:48 pm
Blessing's In-Progress

Zuri -- Cheri -- Something to Impress
Shenzi -- Melomar -- A blood bath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:49 pm
Blessing's Granted

1. Zuri (Cheri)

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Oberon's Alter
This is where all the offering's he's been given are displayed. He does like to show off!

• A beautifully colored rainbow glass ornament (Zuri)
  • An ornate metal goblet filled with Shenzi's blood (Shenzi)
  • A family necklace (Dreka) - returned
  • An empty jar to be filled with clouds (Sia)

Reserved

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:30 pm
This is officially opened!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:43 pm
Will The God Of Faeries Hear My Prayer?
Faekat Name: Zuri
Faekat Alignment: Good
Faekat Uncert: User Image

---- Optional IC Funl:
What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon? A beautifully colored rainbow glass ornament
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing? Zuri wants to be able to show Nesta the world... which would be easier to do with a pair of wings.

Cheri
Oberon might be mischievous, but can understand wanting to show off to the world -- or in Zuri's case, a particular, significant other. Oberon agrees to grant this prayer and this wish. One set of impressive wings is on the way.

Cheri

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:29 pm
Faekat Name: Shenzi
Faekat Alignment: Damned
Faekat Uncert:

---- Optional IC Funl:
What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon? With soft tinkling and otherwise soundless steps, Shenzi kneels before Oberon. She pulls out a very old, ornate metal goblet and a ceremonial dagger. She cuts her wrist with minimal movement. She is not satisfied with the contents until the goblet is filled with blood. Then she sets down the dagger. Gently, she lifts the goblet full of a rare vintage indeed and offers it to Oberon.
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing? Her lips barely part and a soft, high tenor fills the room. She swings up to her feet with a smooth, slow motion, almost as if she is dizzy, perhaps from blood loss? Then she swoops into an intricate dance that she makes seem easy. It is not. This only proves that she is still very sound and whole. Even the singing does not waver with her movement but it never gets any louder either, only to stop when she finishes the dance. What was she singing? Perhaps Oberon knows?

Melomar
Oberon would watch the offering with a bit of surprise. Blood wasn't usually his style, at least not in such quantities, but what could one expect from a child of the damned? The dagger was at least lovely, and the goblet -- but the offering was her blood.

Hmmm.

Oberon would flutter his wings thoughtfully, unsure if such an offering was worth his time. Whatever would he do with blood? Wasn't there another god for that? Then again.... perhaps he'd find use for it with some mischief all his own.

The performance was perhaps what won Oberon over. Such an ostentatious display! On the one hand, he was amused, on the other, he wasn't sure he'd ever seen so complex a dance. Surely, this little damnling wanted this gift -- and honestly, vampires were always a little fae to begin with. Let Grendel find more winged ones in his court -- it would amuse Oberon so, and he was a rather handsome (albeit takent, pout) God.

"Perhaps you might learn to dance on air, little damnling." He mused.

In time, when the hour grew late, when perhaps she felt she would not be granted such a blessing, she would wake to find his gift bloodied upon her back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:12 am
Faekat Name: Dreka
Faekat Alignment: Ebil
Faekat Uncert:

User Image

---- Optional IC Funl: Delete this if you don't want it included!
What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon? He leaves a simple necklace - the only thing he has from his mother.
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing? He never knew his mother but was told she was a fairy. He wants to feel more connected to her.

Fatal Irony
Oberon would peer at the necklace, and then at Dreka. A necklace for a connection? It is rather touching... and Oberon does so like to be touched. Well, why shouldn't he grant such a wish?

Another faerie would do his court well. "Remember who gives you this gift," he'd muse, before returning the necklace. He doesn't need such a trinket, but he will grant the blessing.

Such a generous gesture would surely grant him all the more devotion.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:05 pm
Faekat Name: Cassiopeia Kamari
Faekat Uncert:

What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon? A stained glass dream catcher, so the light reflects off in a bazillion different colors.
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing? She would like to explore the great expanse a bit more instead of being limited to where she travel on foot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:40 am
Faekat Name: Maple
Faekat Uncert: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~*~*~*~

Faekat Name: Daryl Wolfgang
Faekat Alignment: Neutral

~*~*~*~*~
Faekat Name: Damion
Faekat Alignment: Ebil

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:55 pm
Edited 08/26/23

Faekat Name: Elien
Faekat Alignment:
Faekat Uncert: User Image

---- Optional IC Fun:
What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon? A strange fantastical flower whose neon green petals curl on the tips, the stem is short and blood red. The leaves are two toned, the right side a soft blue and the left is a light plum.
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing? This bunny is fascinated by anything different and would like to fly around as opposed to using what she refers to as her ‘ship’.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:36 am
Faekat Name: Lucero
Faekat Alignment: Nice
Faekat Uncert:
User Image

What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon? A small sparkly blue gemstone from his collection.
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing? Lucero had instant wing envy the moment he new it was a possibility. He longed to be able to dance with the clouds and see new sights. “Please, my wish is selfish, I know. I wish anyway. I don’t mind what sort of wings as long as I am able to fly. My imagination surely cannot hold up the the actuality.”

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:25 am
Faekat Name: Sia
Faekat Uncert:
User Image

---- Optional IC Fun:
What does your Faekat leave as an offering to Oberon?
An empty sealed jar. for one day she can fill it with clouds for him to see...
What prayer does your Faekat ask Oberon =or= why do they want this blessing?
"Oberon, i would love to touch the clouds someday, i've always dreamed about it"

FrostyPeaches

Oberon considered the offering, as well as the request. The pale faehorse certainly seemed to want the ability to fly, but Oberon could bless her with so much more. And why shouldn't he? His poor Fearie's were a rare breed, and he saw and felt less and less of them as time went on. Few other gods found their race unable to survive through the gift of children, and yet, blessing them himself was the only guarantee the faeries would live on.

"Why stop at the clouds, Miss Sia?" The god asked thoughtfully, reaching down to twirl the empty jar within his clawed fingers. "Why not aim for the stars?"

With a wave of his hands, a pair of star-kissed wings would sprout painlessly from her back. They were soft and cloudlike, just like her, but though they looked frail they would carry her high and far. She was no long just a faehorse, but a faerie... one of his own, and now part of his court.

"Welcome home, little starlet," he spoke, pleased. One more to add to his numbers.

✿ Faekat Staff Shops & Work Journals! ✿

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff