The drive home was a tad bit uncomfortable for Damien. It wasn't the odd looks or the judgmental ones, just the fact that he could feel the hot breeze coming from the vents in his SUV. While on the drive, he was thinking about ways he could break this new thing to his wife, knowing that somehow she was going to have questions on top of questions. He had texted her ahead of time to let her know he was on his way back. It was a bit late so he was sure the boys were sleeping.

That didn't mean he wasn't about to tuck in Lyle and maybe hold Liam for a tiny bit though.

Even Though he is a tough a**, when it came to his wife and children he was almost an entirely different person. Something that shocked some of his buddies from an older crowd he used to hang with. Granted he wasn't doing shady things any longer now that he was a family man, but it did help to keep in touch with some of the people that he thought would be more important in the future as far as dangers and what not. There is a reason he has a gun safe in the basement.

Damien pulled into the garage and bleeped his truck once he exited, motioning for the garage door to begin closing itself. When he walked in, he was quiet since he could hear the twinkle of baby music on one of the nearby monitors. He wasn't sure if Rose had fallen asleep, so he decided to make a trip to the kitchen to get something to eat before heading to bed….AFTER he figured out how to get out of this outfit.

------

Rose was in the kitchen washing dishes, from dinner and humming to herself, one airpod in and one ear tuned to the baby monitor. She heard the door close figuring Damien was home and softly called out that his dinner was in the fridge. She smiled hearing her husband pad into the kitchen and turning to greet him.

Shock registered on her face, plate slipping from her wet hands and crashing in the sink. It shattered, but she paid the plate no mind, eyes trained on the intruder. She backed away from the man that stood in her kitchen, “... Dami?” She clearly didn't recognize him protected by the magic of the uniform he now wore.

It couldn't only be Damien right? She locked all the doors and shut the garage she was sure. She was only mildly comforted by the fact that she was sure he was a knight.

------

“Huh?”

Damien blinked when he heard the crash and the questioning tone behind the calling of his name. Of course it was him, who else would it be? Damien chuckled and turned around to face his wife. “Yes? Baby it's me, why are you looking like that?” He paused with a cold sub in his hand, looking confused and concerned. “I know the fit is a little different, but it's still me I promise.” He had his head tilted slightly, approaching cautiously. Why wouldn't she recognize him? He looked the same as he always did.

------

As soon as she realized that the person in front of her was indeed her husband her expression shifted straight into anger. “Damien have you lost your goddamn mind?!? Why did you come home like that? Power down now! You're going to lead a monster or worse the negaverse straight to our house! Straight to our babies!!!”

She was livid, angry and scared, this could ruin their lives! She didn't think her siblings could get here fast enough if they were attacked right now! She was so mad she could cry and she the emotional type.

“Power down! Let it go!”

------

Damien did not understand what was going on here….The Negaverse?! Monsters?! “Power what down?! This?!” He pointed to his outfit, surprised that she was even yelling. Rose was way more calm than most people, “I don't know how!?” He was trying not to shout, since he didn't want to wake the children, if Rose didn't recognize him then his boys wouldn't as well and the awful crying that would ensue would never go away. “Baby stop yelling…You’ll wake the boys up. Just…Do you know how I can “power down?”

------

Rose frowned, but stopped shouting. She barely remembered when all this happened to her, it seemed normal … not normal, but Lily and Xander were already in it. Her husband, she realized, was confused, more so than she ever could have been.

She took a deep breath and thought for a minute, “I dont know, you just let it go. Um, think about what you had on before. Its like a release so to speak. Just close your eyes and relax and let it go.”

She didn't think she was explaining it right. Where was her phone? She started looking around the kitchen, for it, before heading right past her husband into the living room and continuing toward the steps. Did she leave it upstairs?

“Where is my phone,” she mumbled.

------

Damien was relieved when Rose was no longer shouting, but he did hear a bit of a sniffle on the monitor for Liam. Think about what he had on before? He frowned and thought about the wetsuit he had on before the attack, closing his eyes. There was a light that was pretty bright since he could see it through his eyelids, but when he opened them up and looked down, the toga was gone. “What the ********?” His head snapped up,

“Baby, how did you know that?”

Was she like him too? What exactly WERE they? What else did Rose know? Why was she looking for her phone? “Do you want me to call your phone for you?”

------

Rose turned and frowned, shaking her head, “I am Viminal, Page of Venus and I thought … we all thought we left that behind, but that's easier said than done.” She gave him a look, but clearly the universe decided she wasn’t done. This is much bigger than you could ever imagine and this city seems to be like … I dont know … the epicenter.”

She nodded when he asked if she wanted him to call her phone, “yes please. I need to call Lily. If I’m lucky she is actually in the house, if not I’ll just have to pen her a letter real quick.”

“Why me, why us, why now … what even happened?”

Damien could tell Rose was in distress so he walked up and wrapped his arms around her from behind, pulling her in close. “Honey you gotta calm down….Here,” he gave her his cell, “Call your phone, and sit down, take a breather. I’ll go find it.”

------

She hugged her husband before leaning against the wall, “no its fine, I’ll just use your phone. I just need to call Lily. This would be called as a minor emergency …” she said before pausing as she heard and saw her phone light up and buzz across the room, on the floor by the couch. Lyle must have been playing with it.

She didn't need to go get it though, because she could see Mercy’s message light up on her husbands screen, followed by Lily responding and suggesting they all meet at Rose and Damien’s.

Rose laughed and looked at her husbands, “well everyone is coming over,” she said giving his phone back and grabbing her own to respond.

Kaori_luv