Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Realms of the Past
[r] Archives for Curiosities [Kyrie & Percy]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:32 pm

She was not supposed to be there.

This had been explicitly stated to her, numerous times on the flight over. Kyrie had sat, scrunched up into the seat in the portion of the crews’ quarters that had been shuffled together for her on this flight. Her legs had been pulled up to her chest, arms folded over her knees, and she’d stared for hours into the middle nothingness. The highest ranking among them had set up a telecommunication feed between the ship and wherever the Chancellor was back on Solaris, allowing the man ample time to berated her all the while, quoting scripture and ranking priests, other Chancellors, and so on, concerning her behavior. Things unbecoming of the guardian of their world. Things unbecoming of a responsible adult contributing to Solaris’ future. Things she’d heard numerous times. Things that, at this point, she could tune out as easy as a bug buzzing in her ears.

If only he hadn’t been so loud

Beyond the crew that manned the ship, she joined members of the Commerce Guild and the scientists, each themselves from different kingdoms, to deliver the information to be archived within the libraries of Sessrumnir. Research data, papers, diagrams, models, progress projections, so on and so forth… all connected to their recent deals with Alastor. Information on the fungi system and associated systems that they’d traded for raw materials. Useful information, useful projects. Keeping copies securely within these archives was not a new concept to Solarians who worked in such fields.

Soon as they’d realized Sessrumnir was a valued place of learning—and secure storage—they’d begun shipping off copies of all their different research and projects. Just in case something on their world failed, was always the worst case scenario reasoning. Information on renewable resources, self-sustaining systems, schematics and blueprints, computer models and so, so much more… things that had built their societies and kept them going.

Backups were sent out to be protected.

Kyrie didn’t really care about all of that. She knew the trips to Sessrumnir had been long, long standing basic procedure practices for so many facilities on Solaris. She knew that if something big was lost, even with all their backups and storage on-world, there was a confidence in the distant stability of Jupiter to keep their efforts from being lost forever.

But she didn’t pay much attention to all that.

She was here to see the storm, as Devyn had put it. She wanted to see for herself the gentle and manipulated knight, as the rumors liked to spin things. She wanted her own perspective, not that of outsiders. To form a better view of someone that she felt… might be a rather interesting friend. The ball of positivity in the back of her mind wondered if that might extend, too…

Kyrie had been a blast of sunshine smiles and brisk steps, trailed by a pair of sheepish guards who’d barely had time to catch up themselves. Making herself very clear that yes, she was going with them. Yes, they could leave with her on board. It was only the fact that they had a strict schedule to keep—scientists that couldn’t be away from their other projects long, you see—that enabled her to brute force her way in.

Kyrie knew this. They all did. Someone managed off a last minute transmission to their destination that Sailor Solaris would be accompanying them, though as they’d approached, she’d refused to wear the mantel.

There’s no point. I’m not here on official business. Why bother?

It’d lead to more lectures, this time from a high priest—not Kyril, she’d noted… they never seemed to be able to get any of her relatives to perform the lectures, confidently—more tired looks from her guards and others on the ship.

Which was exactly why the moment the ship landed, Kyrie was the last person to get off the ship, in simple light grey bodysuit and a loose, blue shimmer tunic. A twisted belt of blue metal hung around her hips, bracelets and rings of the same metal glinted and jingled at her wrists. About as casual as Solarians got who hailed from the floating islands. She remained firmly out of conversations, and strictly identified herself as Quimutat Kyrie. Not Sailor Solaris. Not Guardian Solaris. Much to the chagrin and frustration of the others.

Part of her was also intensely curious about the storms they’d passed through… but that had to wait. She’d managed, after a while, to slip away. It’d been a stroke of luck that she’d felt the draft coming through as she’d leaned against a portion of one of the walls. The group was speaking with scholars—or something. She’d stopped paying attention. But she’d felt wind, and after a little bit… she spotted the slightest movement in one of the large tapestries that covered a portion of the hall’s wall. So… she inched closer to it. Used a hand to slip under and felt… empty air.

Kyrie had slid beneath the heavy fabric shortly after. Was she remotely aware of where she was going? No. But she had a genuine answer if she wound up somewhere she wasn’t supposed to be—she was looking for the Knight of Sessrumnir.

And she was rather sick of lectures.

Guine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:36 pm
A storm she came to see, and a storm she got. Although it wasn’t exactly what she’d been looking for. Thunder shook the very solid building, but none of the occupants seemed to pay it any mind. They were used to the storms of Jupiter. It was one of the reasons the location was so secure.

There was only one true way into the Wonder, and the other way, as Percy discovered with Devyn soon after they’d met, was an intricate maze underground that led them safely to Valhalla in their time of need.

If Percy was being honest, he did not want to be there. Too much was happening on Alastor. He felt anxious about leaving Marius, too. Despite knowing that the teenager was in good hands. And he missed Devyn.

But Devyn was doing his duty as his world’s Senshi, so Percy would continue doing his as Knight of Sessrumnir.

That didn’t mean he couldn’t be a little miserable about it. Miserable and guilty, because not too long ago he’d been so sick that it was questionable whether he could have lived. In the end, they managed to figure out a cure and saved a lot of people, himself and Marius included.

Unfortunately, that meant his brother, Serge, took over for his duties during that time. As if Serge didn’t have enough put upon his shoulders.

The vault for Solaris’ documentation had been prepared. As part of their security, they had the information split into items that could be used for public knowledge, and everything else would be locked away in a place only accessible by the Knight of Sessrumnir and the Knight or Senshi, or specially designated individual, of that location in question.

It was one of the reasons attempts had been made on his life, especially early on. Forcing the Wonder to pick someone less honorable could allow an unfathomable amount of information getting into the hands of those who may have ill intentions.

When Kyrie found the hidden passage, she had just enough time to use the light from the hall to see where she was going -- and then there was nothing but darkness. A faint breeze could be felt, but it seemed to shift and pull and push. And the more her eyes adjusted to the darkness, the more of the tiny pinpricks of light she might have been able to see in the stonework.

No, maybe not in the stonework. Not entirely. While the shimmery flecks in the stone didn’t change, the brightness seemed to shift and sparkle, patiently leading her down the path. Perhaps if she thought it was a trick of the light (what light?) she may have tried going down a different tunnel. But the lights simply sparkled and waited for her to return to them before leading her on.

When the lights faded, the hall where she could slip out from behind another tapestry was empty.

Or almost empty.

“Lost?” Percy asked with a sympathetic smile that reached his storm grey eyes. He wore a long green tunic, embroidered with white and golden oak leaves. He carried a few books in his arms, and his straight auburn hair tied in a ponytail and hanging over his shoulder.

“Oh, most of the more veteran students don’t hesitate when they leave the tunnels,” he quickly explained his assumption. “Are you here for the semester or just one of the classes?”

Ah, he knew he shouldn’t be loitering, but he really didn’t want to play host that day, even though he knew he had to. He was still feeling the effects of the blackrot, despite it being a couple months since he’d been healed. It didn’t stop him from becoming short of breath or feeling dizzy every so often.

Kaefaux

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:19 am

Traveling in a void wasn’t her favorite thing to do. At least, when she wasn’t in a ship. But she had hands, had ears, and… the longer she remained in the dark passage, the more tiny bits of light began to make themselves noticeable. Her steps were slow, gradual. Wary of potential drops or uneven surfaces. Her hands drifted forward first against the stone on either side of her, then her feet and the rest of her followed. The presence of wind didn’t help. It wasn’t… stable. It didn’t lure her in one direction over another. She gulped slightly, wondering what she’d just gotten herself into. There weren’t shouts behind her, so her absence hadn’t been noticed yet…

When she first began to notice the lights, she fully thought they were just pinpricks made by her eyes straining in the darkness. Phantom images fired off by panicking nerves and a brain trying to inject logic where it really wasn’t needed. Now and then, she’d glance towards the stonework, aware of those pricks and droplets of light. But when the tunnels opened up enough around her to give her an option of which way to go… she realized she was making a wrong choice when it seemed the sparks weren’t… joining her..? So, she’d turned around, intrigued, and maneuvered back to the opening in the darkness, feeling her way through open air till her hands hit the walls of the opposite tunnel entrance, and there they were. They… illuminated, sort of, the way forward, as she crept along.

They weren’t lights like she knew them, though, and she peered at them, all the more curious.

And just like that, they were gone, and she was able to enter back into a well-lit hall. It hurt actually, and she flinched, closing her eyes tight as they began to adjust.

The gentle voice near her made Kyrie jump, forcing her eyes open against the slight strain to stare at the figure. His uniform spoke of his affiliation with the facility—the fact he was carrying books added to her assumption. She wasn’t familiar enough with the place, though, to determine whatever ranking or status might have been on displayed. If any even was. Though his question made her quirk a brow in question, one he quickly answered.

Kyrie made a face at the suggestion she was there for more lectures. Bit more of a grimace actually. She began to shake her head, hands waving in front of her causing the blue metal bangles to tinkle and chime together. "No, sorry, neither. I’m not a student here. I’m looking for the Knight of Sessrumnir. I don’t suppose you could point me in the right direction by chance?" Lowering her hands, she offered a small smile, realizing the request might be more than a bit outlandish from a visitor.

"I’m from Solaris, my name is—oh, that probably won’t explain anything… I mean, my name is Kyrie," she quickly amended, realizing she was beginning to drift off into her own tangent. She hadn’t exactly come with a plan to meet Devyn’s husband. Just… to do so. But people would question her motives—stop her if needed, really—anywhere but on Solaris. It wasn’t very often that she had to consider that aspect.

Brute forcing her way into things she wanted, or her other usual tactics, didn’t have the same desired outcome off-world.

"I’m not here for official business or anything, so I promise there’s no rush. I just wanted to speak to him if he was available."

Guine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:05 am
Kyrie’s grimace made him smile, if only because it reminded him of Devyn’s reaction to having to sit still and listen to people talk about things that might not interest him. Except he always sat very attentively for any classes Percy taught. It was incredibly endearing, and it made Percy miss him even more.

“I’m glad you didn’t get lost then,” he continued to smile, even as he brushed some of his longer bangs behind his ears. Too short to stay in his ponytail, but too long to stay out of his eyes easily. At least not without a hairclip, which he’d forgotten to grab.

It was curious that she wanted to meet him, though. Or… maybe not him, but Sessrumnir, the Knight.

“I hope he’s not in trouble,” Percy laughed, a little awkwardly, and maybe a little guiltily.

He had been sick for a long time, and then stayed on Alastor to help with things. He often felt like he was neglecting his duties, but the Wonder itself didn’t seem to mind that he lived his life. Even his Council was understanding. They seemed like they were more interested in him being alive than cooped up there all the time.

“The atrium is close by, if you want to go there with me. It’s warmer than being in the hall,” he explained, and shifted the heavy books in his arms to get a better hold as he took a step in that direction. “My brother is close with a Kyrie. One of his best friends, I think,” he hummed as he shuffled slowly along, making sure he wouldn’t drop anything. “It’s nice to meet another one. I’m from Earth, but I’ve been at Sessrumnir for… oh, ten years now. Some people here are lifetime students. My name is Percy,” he introduced with another smile as he used his back to push open one of the grand double doors into the atrium.

It was a gigantic glass domed room, and it was bright and warm despite the storms that raged outside. All around the edges of the atrium were planter boxes where various vegetables and fruits were being grown. In the center of the large, grassy field was a giant, golden oak tree that seemed to shimmer on its own.

Kaefaux

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Realms of the Past

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out