Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Halloween-B] Age of Gargoyles (Caliban, Solaris)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:23 pm
Quote:
The Gargoyles (7) : By all accounts, you should have seen the last of them. The Star Festival had its fair share of oddities, but it seems like some of them did escape into Destiny City. Maybe you see them perched on the roof, or hiding in the shadows, but not all of these grotesque creatures are satisfied with just escaping their interdimensional prison–some of them still have a bone to pick. They seem stony; some of them will watch with a penetrative gaze and never strike to attack, but some of them will dive down to target anyone who gets too close. The monsters come in an array of sizes and shapes, but they are no more than half the size of their target. Their goal is uncertain, but they will crumble into a pile of rocks and dust if struck hard enough. Powered characters can use one roleplay with an attacking stone beast to count as a battle requirement if they are roleplaying with another powered character.

For his part, Caliban had not encountered the Gargoyles that had appeared during the Star Festival. He had encountered a Gargoyle in the past and fought against it alongside a chibi Senshi. So he did have some experience with these, at least he thought. But he had been warned that others had seen them, and he wanted to check them out on his own to see if any were nearby or if they were trying to hide themselves.

He was on the roof of one of the taller buildings having been told that some of them had been seen higher up in the sky. He hadn't seen any yet, but as he rounded a corner he was suddenly jumped by one of them and didn't have the time to react before it was already pushing him towards the edge!

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:20 pm

Holidays can get... very hectic, beyond the festivities people usually enjoy. A lot of strange things happen, especially if it's a large gathering. Go enjoy yourself! Just... be careful.

Those had been the general words Lilith and Realta had told her over and over, especially after Kyrie showed them the wood-opal die and told them about her misadventure with the board game it'd... dropped her into.

That Realta had heard of some odd creatures going around the rooftops... Solaris immediately put aside her usual reserves about allowing herself to go up there. If she was focused on a fight, she wouldn't be tempted to try gliding off a building.

...she hoped...

As she searched about different buildings, she felt an Order energy signature--an Eternal, at that--and perked up, curious if it was Alastor by chance. Not the least bit, she quickly realized. But it was someone familiar. They'd worked together at the river--

...and he was about to get shoved off a rooftop.

"Duck or dodge, Caliban! Catalytic Spark!" Snapping her fingers she quickly darted forward, pointing and aiming at the stony creature that was trying to usher the Eternal into one hell of a drop. The orb of energy in front of her finger 'gun' flared into life, shooting out in a lot slower than she was used to it going, a hell--

SSBrosB

She points her fingers with one hand like a 'gun' to direct her magic at a target. Snapping those fingers, Solaris creates a spark that stays in front of her hand. This spark is the catalyst for a rapidly growing flood of energy to pool into an expanding, fuzzy ball in front of her hand. It maxes out in size of about 3 inches diameter (the size of a baseball). This ball of golden, condensed light and energy then shoots out towards the target Solaris' pointer finger is directed at. The ball can travel up to ten feet before exploding and dispersing, even if it hasn't hit a target by that point. Anyone hit by the ball itself, or the resulting explosion, are subject to blunt force damage and rapid, high heat when the ball explodes that last for only five seconds. The extent of the damage is up to the player, at minimum should cause small bruises, and redness on exposed skin from the heat. Solaris can use this magic up to three times a day.

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:30 pm
It was only when she was on top of the building as well that Caliban could feel her aura as he fought the gargoyle. And it took a moment for him to remember the name due to being so distracted, but eventually he remembered it! And then he remembered what she had told him- "Sh**!" He said as he attempted to shove the gargoyle off of him and into the direction of the orb that she had just sent out.

Luckily for him it was going slow. Unfortunately the gargoyle was hard to get rid of as a quickly as it had been flung off of him it had grabbed onto him again. "Freaking! Seal Impression!" He said as he hit the creature! It immediately dropped to a dead weight and Caliban only just had the strength to move it towards the ball.

After that, he could only duck and cover as he tried to get away from the explodey ball.

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:48 pm

The fact Solaris probably could have ran over to Caliban and the weird stone creature, before her magic ever got over there, irritated her to no end. "Oh come on," she hissed, unsure who was gonna get it first--Caliban finishing wrestling off the creature, or them getting hit by the explosion after the orb lazily wandered its way over...

"D-do ya... need help?" Cuz he kinda looked like he-- oh there it goes. She nodded, watching as he used his magic--it paralyzed people, if she recalled correctly--and the thing sure as heck fell on down. Just in time, as he skirted away, the orb reached its limit... and it gave one heck of an explosion. Energy flared out, the creature barely able to eep! before the blunt force of the explosion and sudden, rapid heat decimated it. The stone was singed, and Solaris stepped back with a wince, the light not being very friendly to her eyes.

Somewhere above, she heard another one screech. "You okay? The heck are these? They don't feel like Chaos creations..." She stepped forward carefully, keeping an eye to the sky as she went to check on the other senshi.

SSBrosB

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:45 pm
He nodded as he took a breath to recover from fighting the creature. "Yeah I'm... I'm fine right now. Though I wish I hadn't used that spell." He said a small feeling of regret filling as that was his only use of the attack. "I can use my attacks a few more times, but they won't be as powerful." He said as he lifted himself up to look at another one that was heading towards him.

"I've run into these before and well, other monsters that don't have a chaos aura. We haven't been able to figure out their origins yet. Or really, a lot of the weird stuff that happens here." He said as he readied himself for another attack as the creature dived towards him!

"Seal Matrix!" He said as he only just managed to dodge the gargoyle and hit one of it's wings. The creature stumbled onto the roof, no longer able to fly for the moment until it could use it's wing again.

Quote:
Seal Matrix
When he hits an opponent with his fists, causes them to be temporarily paralyzed for 15 seconds, where he hit his opponent (the same was as in the basic attack), but can be used 4 times. If he hits in quick succession, then the effect stacks (so if he hits twice quickly, that's 8 seconds). However, for the stack effect to take place, he must hit a different spot. He cannot hit the same spot. Starting at this stage his hands glow as he is about to hit.

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:57 pm

Solaris winced in sympathy. It’d been… an extremely long time since she’d had her Eternal magic but… "Ah, was that magic single-use? Just take it easy, that’s gotta drain you a lot…"

Hers always was a risk to use in the wrong situation, so she could at least relate. He’d be still able to use other magic, but…

Taking it easy, though, was going to be… ahem, easier said than done. Given more of the stone creatures were still coming after them. Solaris scowled. She was reluctant to expel all her energy so soon, ugh…

"So do you have any idea what these things are?" The fact that no one seemed to know these things’ origins… bothered her. But she wasn’t going to press it. "Not even sure what to call them—they kinda remind me of the guardians on some buildings but—"

One dove, and she swore in her native tongue, chasing after it after Caliban at least paralyzed one of its wings. She slammed her heel into it’s back, wings flapping slightly to stabilize herself as she tried to use her other foot to crush the thing’s head.

Brutal? Probably. But they were attacking people. She wasn’t keen on that.

SSBrosB

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:37 pm
He grinned at her concern. "Better than hitting stone straight with my fist." He said with a chuckle. Still, there were more of them coming. He could only shake his head at her question. "Besides monsters or stone turned to life? No idea. All I know is we have to take them out for now. If there was a way we could capture and study one then maybe we could find out but..." He looked back at them. "You mean gargoyles right? Though not all of them look monstrous."

Solaris took care of the one that he had managed to take down, but there were still others. "I can try to lure them if you want. That way they can follow me, then you can send off one of your attacks and hopefully it gets rid of the rest of them." It was the best idea he had at the moment, other than taking them one by one again. But he only had 3 attacks remaining.

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:42 pm

"Gargoyles..." She tested the word on her lips, not minding it. They weren't dissimilar, it seemed, to the ornately carved guardians many of the older buildings were adorned with, back on Solaris. Except they never came to life....

"Probably could ask the Mauvians to come up with a container or cage... just need to work out something with the proper strength, and maybe if there's a way to nullify magic inside or outside it in case they try to break free... or better yet, absorb magic if any is expelled from it. Can power the cage itself." Solaris shrugged, tossing out the random thoughts as they came together. But this wasn't the time, nor place--none of these ones would be caught.

As Caliban offered a potential solution, she wavered, eyeing the oncoming collection. "...remember how my magic's unstable? Just... run really fast, without launching yourself off the roof. I can't swoop down to grab you." She glanced towards the edge of the roof in question, wincing. It'd be a bad fall for all of them. She had two rounds of magic she could cast, judging by how much it drained her. Last one would have her ready for bed immediately, but... if they could get them gathered together, one might be all she needed...

SSBrosB

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:50 pm
He nodded to her. "Right". He had remembered her mentioning it and he would make sure to run as fast as he could, even if that meant he had to jump at some point. He took one piece of the now exploded gargoyle and threw it at the others. "Come and get me!" He said, taking a moment to make sure that all of them were now focused on him and following him as well.

He passed by Solaris and let out "Probably best to use your attack now!" He said as he attempted to hide behind one of the sides of the building.

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:06 am

Solaris stood back as Caliban got the rest of the pack’s attention, wincing as they screeched and dived down towards him. As he ran by her, she almost started to laugh.

Almost.

"Catalytic Spark!"

She aimed, and snapped her fingers, sending out a slightly… larger looking orb of condensed energy that flew out towards the large collection of mobile stone bodies. "Oh whatIncoming!" Just as before, when her magic had gone… slower than anticipated, it flared with additional energy, catching up to the gaggle of gargoyles with a large explosion of energy and light and shrapnel.

Solaris yelped, ducking down and covering her head with her arms. Bits of stone lashed against her forearms, but nothing… bad, at least. Slowly, as the energy receded, and the rocks crumbled to the rooftop, she lifted her head cautiously. "…you didn’t get caught in that, did you?"

SSBrosB

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:25 pm
Caliban had only just managed to duck around a wall, but his cloth butt wings took a hit of some of the shrapnel and he could tell that there was definitely a new layer of dust on his uniform.

He let everything settle for a moment before he came out and could see that Solaris had taken care of the rest of the gargoyles. He let out a small huff and nodded to her. "I'm fine. You okay? I think you got hit more than I did." He said, taking a few steps closer to her. "If you want I can try to give some first aid, though I'm not that good at it." He could do things like disinfect wounds and put on bandages, but that was about it.

"Thanks for the assist. I don't think I could have taken care of those things by myself." For a moment he thought that it was a bit pathetic that he couldn't take care of them as an Eternal, but that was quickly pushed out of his head. He had other things that he was good at. His attacks just weren't that good for area of effect hits.

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:41 am

Uniforms and whatnot could be reformed when they powered down. Injuries could heal. People couldn’t heal from getting thrown off a building, or getting a stone blown into their heads—

As the debris and dust began to settle, she stood up, relieved to see him rounding the corner mostly unscathed that she could see. Immediately, she waved off his concern, even as she brushed off fragments of stone that stuck to her uniform and nicks in her skin. "Some cuts, maybe some bruises, but I’m fine! Magic lets us heal pretty quick, so I’m sure by tomorrow it’ll all be gone for the most part. Thank you, though." It was refreshing to hear when someone knew a little bit of first aid—any was better than none, and while this situation was considerably minor, even bare bones basics could mean a drastic difference in someone’s survival.

Her smile didn’t waver as he thanked her, or the admittion he might not have been able to handle it solo. "Glad to help! My magic’s horrible for more… controlled situations, or if we actually wanted to keep one of those guys alive, so I’m happy we weren’t trying a more discrete route or I’d be the last person you’d want around." The lament was genuine. It was always a calculation she had to keep going in her head—was this meant to be a destructive battle, or was she more of a liability if she really let go?

All magics had their pros and cons, after all.

SSBrosB

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:14 pm
He couldn't help but chuckle. "Maybe if they appear next year we can try to capture one. We could suggest it to one of the Mauvians." He said "one of" because while he had met some, he didn't really have any on his personal contact list. He sighed, looking at the mess that had been created. But at least they were both alive and mostly unscathed.

"We better get going before someone comes up here questioning all of the commotion." He said as he looked back at her with a nod. "We should keep contact with each other. Maybe we can help each other out in the next nasty situation we find ourselves in." He said with a small smile. "But seriously, let's get out of here, I know a place that we can power down if need be." He said as he readied himself to jump down to the next roof, glad that this building had others near it.

Kaefaux
End from me! Thank you for the rp!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 am

Solaris gave a snort of a laugh, thinking of some of the Mauvians she'd met. She could probably get some of them on board for this... "Careful, I'll get too tempted and actually try this," she sing-songed towards him, her smile all mischief.

His suggestion was reasonable, and she hummed, holding up her hand to bring out the sailor phone she had. "Real quick! Easier to keep in contact with actual contact info~"

Once that was set, she beamed, happy to move away from the place of rubble and debris. For all the oddities of the season, she was at least grateful to get the chance to meet others around the city. So there was that~!

SSBrosB
Fin from me, thank you as well! emotion_bigheart

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out