Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Halloween-R] All that noise noise noise! (Eveite, Jadarite)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:14 pm
Quote:
The Noises (9) : There’s a noise somewhere around you and you don’t know where it’s coming from, or what it is. Maybe it’s the sound of something otherwise normal–glasses clinking, someone walking, a clock chiming–except, it doesn’t belong there. It’s a common noise, it just has no source. Or, maybe it’s something scarier–a whisper, a scratch, and wail. The noises come and go without any apparent source. It’s constant. For minutes, or hours, or days. And then, it stops, with no explanation, and that’s almost as scary as when it started.

Eveite could once again be found on the roof of the building that the Negaverse had decided that they would infiltrate next. Currently she had hacked into their network to see what could be changed and what could be planted to allow operatives to move in more easily. Blackmail, financial information, whatever she could find, she wanted it.

The main problem so far was that she had been hearing some noise the whole time she had been up there, to the point she had considered she may have suddenly developed tinnitus. It appeared to be some sort of ticking or popping noise that seemed to be continuing throughout the night. And as much as she wanted to use her skills to do what she had been tasked, the noise was starting to drive her a bit crazy.

She felt the aura of another Captain nearby, but remained as focuses as she could be on her task as she tried to block out the noise that she continued to hear.

stari_maga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:33 pm
Footsteps. That was all Jadarite could hear. Some of them sounded like they came from heavy pounding on concrete, some like delicate heels clinking on linoleum, or children running down the sidewalk at breakneck speed.

Only, there wasn't anywhere they were coming from.

It was constant, and distracting, and Jadarite had powered up in an attempt to try to figure out what it meant. So far, she'd had no luck, just fan into more and more kinds of ghostly footsteps as she made her way through a fairly empty section of the city rooftops.

It wasn't completely empty, though. Eventually she came across another aura, and that was enough to catch her attention. It was a welcome distraction from the sounds that were giving her a headache.

"Hello," she said, then squinted. "Are you- on a computer?"

SSBrosB

stari_maga

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:50 pm
Eveite couldn't help but turn to look at the one who had addressed her, only just barely managing to keep the noise out of her head. She lifted an eyebrow in response. "Yes, I'm currently hacking into this building. The Negaverse is going to take it over and I'm laying the groundwork." She said as she uploaded another file onto the system and watched as it installed itself and then hid any of the easily seen activity it had created.

She now had access to the cameras and for a brief moment could see a janitor taking candy out of someone's desk. "Captain Eveite. I don't believe we've met before." She said with a nod to the other.

stari_maga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:13 pm
Jada stepped closer, close enough to see the other Captain's screen.

"Security cameras," she said, with a small nod. "That looks useful." Even if it was just access to a single building, that was impressive. The White Moon would never know which of the buildings it was that the Negaverse controlled. It would limit the places they could power up, for example.

"I'm Jadarite," she said. "I'm also in Infiltration, but more in the media side of things."

Although the thought of taking over buildings seemed appealing.

The sound of footsteps interrupted that thought.

"Do you hear that?" she asked, scowling. Was it coming from the cameras, somehow? Seemed unlikely, but something to consider.

SSBrosB

stari_maga

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:41 pm
She nodded absentmindedly, keeping an eye on her screen. It didn't bother her that the other looked. Most didn't understand what was happening with the code anyway. "Hacking is my specialty. I'm more useful in getting into things digitally than combat, but I can still defend myself." She said, placing her head on her chin as she waited for some more code to execute.

"Media is also good. Maybe we could team up sometime. You send out some sort of media thing that contains a code of mine in it that does... something." She couldn't think too much right now due to the noise, but they might be able to come up with something later. She nodded again, head still resting on her hand. "The noise? I keep hearing all of this ticking or popping. No idea where it's coming from but I'm starting to get a headache from it."

stari_maga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:57 am
Jadarite did not, in fact, understand what was going on in that screen, but she didn't feel the need to admit that.

"It's always good to know who's around to team up with if needed," she said with a small nod. "And for me, especially, It's always nice to find people who know their way around a computer."

The noises continued. Jadarite scowled at them, and the lines on her forehead deepened when the other Captain said that she also did not know where they were coming from. If it didn't stop soon, Jada thought she might need to go scream at something.

Preferably it would be someone she could starseed immediately so they didn't go around telling everyone she'd lost it. It was a nice thought, but Jada pocketed it. It would be better just to find some quiet.

"I won't keep you from your work," she said. "If it's not coming from your computer, I'm going to go find out what it is."

SSBrosB

stari_maga

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:05 pm
Eveite couldn't help but smile. While her hacking skills weren't always put to use, she was happy when they were. "Well, just let me know if you need my help. I'm pretty much always next to either the tablet or some other electronic communication. I should be easy to reach."

She was a bit relieved when the other Captain had admitted to hearing the noises as well, but that didn't make them go away. In fact it felt like they had become even more pronounced. She took a moment to look at the programs on her computer and saw that she was at a point where she could stop for the moment and get back to them later. Preferably in her office or at her home.

She sighed and closed the laptop. "It's done for now. If you want any help I can come with you. If you don't but do find out what it is, I would love for you to tell me. I would like for it to stop as well." She said, standing up and stretching a little from the awkward sitting position she had been in for the last hour.

stari_maga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:47 pm
"I'll keep that in mind," said Jadarite, at the invitation to keep in touch.

And then, within a moment, the noises that had been bothering her for the past hour or so just vanished. She shook her head, almost not believing that they were really gone, but no. There was nothing to hear besides the clacking of Eveite's keys and the sound of traffic off in the distance. No footsteps. No clicks.

"You're right. It's gone," she said, and while there was relief in her voice, there was confusion there, too. She'd accepted that magic existed, but it always followed very strict rules. Only, right now it wasn't.

She didn't like that.

"Well, I look forward to seeing updates on your projects," said Jada with a small nod. "I'll see you around."

Then she dropped down to the street below.

SSBrosB
Fin for me!

stari_maga

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas