Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Gameboard] Second Time's a Charm [Solaris & Richtersveld] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:44 pm

When she spotted more dice just sitting there on the ground again in the park, Solaris snorted.

Crouching low, she rested her elbows just above her knees, cupping her chin to stare down at the ever offending objects.

The sun had only just set moments prior, the sky still painted vibrant pinks and purples. It was perhaps a bit early to be wandering around as Solaris, but she couldn't help it. It got dark out earlier and earlier, and she wanted to see what other oddities she could run into in this city.

She just happened to find more of the same type she'd dealt with just the other day...

"Hm... to go back and deal with that weird path again or not," she hummed to herself, eyeing the two innocent looking dice...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 am
She felt the senshi aura before she saw the senshi that aura belonged to -- wings! wings of all things -- and even before she saw that the senshi was crouched over something and observing it.

Her heels clicked against the ground as she approached.

"Ma'am?" Richtersveld's voice was quiet and cautious as she moved to find out what was the curiosity on the ground. "What are you looking at? It's not anything from the Negaverse, is it?"

It didn't seem like it. Looked like a ... die. A single, wooden carved die.

Fascinating as much as it was pretty, Richtersveld would have simply picked it up if there wasn't a winged senshi already looking at it.

"Who's leaving wooden carvings sitting around? Those take a lot of time," her laughter was light and airy as she looked from the dice to the woman she was now crouched next to. "Richtersveld of Pluto, by the way."

Kaefauxx

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Kaefaux rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Another aura wasn't the most startling thing at least at this point, though Solaris did perk up as she realized the person was approaching. Parks really were the best possible places to meet people!

This one didn't feel like a senshi, either--similar to Abzu, but... stronger. She wracked her brain--Realta had mentioned a... Squire? That seemed about right. As the woman neared her, Solaris looked over the dark burgundy uniform and had to admit--that was a very pretty look for the knight. Beaming towards her, Solaris waved a hand. The caution and concern were understandable, but she quickly shook her head, brunette locks bouncing slightly. "No no, nothing Chaos related. I think. It's one of those... odd occurrences I've heard about. I don't quite understand it, though, so I was about to give it a try. Just roll the die--here, we each get one if you want to join," Solaris chirped. Delighted by the prospect of someone else joining her, and maybe explaining more of what this all was, she quickly snatched up both dice--keeping one in her hand, and fostering the other onto the knight.

"Solaris of Catalysts, pleasure to meet you, Richtersveld--not many Pluto knights that I've ever seen in person... but them and Saturn's bunch were always more... secluded? Ah well, sure there were good reasons for it." The babble that fell from her lips was energetic, the wings at her back unfolding and flapping slightly as if to further add visual cues to her joy. She took a breath, though, realizing she was speaking rather quickly and that was... not always the easiest thing for others to keep up with. So, she exhaled slowly, simultaneously collecting herself enough to slow her speech down.

"So--if you want to play, just keep rolling and moving forward. I don't think they hurt you, well--some does. Just be careful. Especially if you see thin wires in the air, those hurt." She scowled, looking at the somewhat healed, slender slices along her arms. "But if you don't want to play, don't roll! Just set it down."

Solaris snorted, eyeing the die in her hand. "Wish these things came with that warning when I first found one..." She paused then, glancing at the knight in question. "Really, if you don't want to try it, I'm not trying to force you--actually, if you don't want to join, can you tell me what you see when I play? I'm trying to understand how all these odd things work that apparently like to happen in this city. But someone else playing with me could also lead to new information, y'know? So, either way! Whichever you're more comfortable with."

Seiana_ZI
Rolling for the next post, but Solaris has not rolled yet ICly, arguably in case Richtersveld went NAH to random magic games X'D~

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:12 am
Odd occurrences...

"Oh." She couldn't help a small smattering of giggles. "It is near Halloween, I suppose. There's usually an unusual thing or two that seems to happen in this city around now." Richtersveld had confronted quite a number of them over the years since she had moved there, but the concept of a die that caused an entry into a game was ... definitively different. She was curious, but not necessarily for just the concept of curiosity. Where was it taking them? Was it harmful to them, ultimately? Would this Solaris find herself dead on a second shot at it?

Seemed unlikely, as she was still living, but likely enough that Richtersveld would continue on her lonely path of helping anyone she came across.

"Ah, yes, what memories I have of my past life imply that it was a very quiet, very solemn assignment. I had visitors. They usually wanted to consult the pool and come for advice and tea." Richtersveld had received a few visions of the sort while there, varying faces with no belonging to their current lifetimes, keeled over a pool of silvery water to see something she could no longer see. "I'm not sure why, but I get the sense the pools had great importance..."

She, of course, had never quite learned of Pluto's connection to time.

Richtersveld inspected the die she cautiously picked up as Solaris spoke. There was a part of her that didn't really want to play and just wanted to watch, but what if Solaris was teleported out of sight into danger?

She took a deep breath.

"I'll give it a shot," she said, as she tossed the die gently on the ground in front of her.

And then she could see nothing.

It was dim, foggy, and not terribly much assistance in determining what would happen. "Solaris? Are you here?"

Kaefaux

Seiana_ZI

Kaefaux rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:41 am

Quote:
Space 5:
A dog barks, fierce and frightening. You can hear its growl and the hackles stand up on the back of your neck. You can practically feel spittle on you. It’s close. And it’s big. And it’s angry. If this beastly dog could reach you, no doubt it would try to tear you to shreds.

The Squire’s response to Solaris’ confusion had greatly amused her. Considering Lilith and Realta had seemed rather exasperated by the number of strange things that happened around the city during certain holidays or larger gatherings. Like it was expected at this point.

Before she could really inquire about it, though, Richtersveld brought up… an admittingly far more interesting topic to Solaris. "Memories..?" Something else Lilith and Realta had mentioned, and her eyes sparkled. "I’d really like to hear more about that at some point, if you’d be willing to share. And I’m going to be asking some questions about those pools you mentioned, but I’ll try to stay on track for now," she warned playfully. Not knowing why something was the way it was… that just meant it was time to investigate that. For how long Solaris had lived, though, the idea of conversing with people about their memories of that ancient time—even if it was speaking of another’s lifetime

It was something she more… craved.

But they had pressing matters at hand! The dice, that was. They had a game to play.

When Solaris cast down the die she held, a V faced her. Immediately, she was pulled into an empty world, only the golden, engraved path illuminating anything—except, there was another, and Solaris jumped up and down, waving her arms.

"Richtersveld! Over here! Don’t forget your die when you move forward. It won’t let you move beyond whatever you’ve rolled."

Behind her, somewhere in the darkness, a dog barked. It was a vicious, guttural sound. Solaris cursed in her native tongue, glancing back towards it. It was massive what she could see of the shadowy thing. With large, sharp fangs…

"I… have no idea if these things can really hurt us. Have you seen things like this before?"

Not that she could wait long for the answer—cursing again, the Solarian swiped up her die and rolled again quickly, her feet slamming against the golden pathway as she booked it away from the oncoming creature.

Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:29 am
Quote:
Space 7:
Something is twitching and flapping above you, and while you might be minding your own business, something is a little too invested in what you’re doing. You can’t see them, but you suddenly hear shrill, high pierced noises that are disorienting and confusing. They can bring about dizziness and pain and can cause vertigo if you’re stuck in them for too long.

"Oh, I'll definitely tell you what I know when we get the chance," because Richtersveld had gone often enough to at least have a loose understanding of what she was seeing. Something from the point of view of herself, yes, but also what it was implying--a past life of her own, a life on Pluto, a life in what seemed to be an oasis in the middle of nothing but endless expanse and the occasional pool of cloudy water that had once been an interest--

Now, why couldn't she follow Solaris' voice--

Oh.

Guess she needed to roll the dice. This definitely felt more like holiday shenanigans, like there was something in the air here that attracted bizarre chaos. Zotsholo frequently made sure to remind her none of this s**t happened back in--

She shook her head out of it, rolled the dice, and proceeded ahead.

Why did it feel like she was getting watched? By ... what was that noise, a bird? Whose game was this?

"I have," she replied, rubbing at her ear. "Things that seem to exist and are strange but don't seem to actually do any harm. Pretty common around this time of year here, I think. Unfortunately."

Kaefaux

Seiana_ZI

Kaefaux rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 4, 6, 4, 2 Total: 25 (6-36)

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:05 pm

Quote:
Space 4:
Something smells rotten. You can’t see very far into the darkness, but if you squint closely a dark form seems to be dragging itself along the ground. Sometimes you see a pale hand almost close enough to grab you–or, maybe something does grab you. It’s cold, and frightening, and it’s trying to drag you out of bounds.

"Any idea what these things are? Or what causes them?"

Solaris had to shout her questions, aware of Richtersveld off on her own strip of golden pathway. She could sort of see her. She waved, aware she was at the blocking point and needed to roll again. She did so quickly. IV. Four. Waving a hand out in front of her confirmed the path opened again. She glanced again towards the other gameboard, separated from hers--

And scrunched up her nose.

Oh. Something smelt foul.

It wasn't her first time encountering rotting materials. She tried not to think about the other occasions--a world of death... well. Lead to things.

But as she watched Richtersveld begin to move across her path, something moved in the darkness between them. Something pale. Something dragging across the ground. Solaris shivered, immediately walking quickly down the golden-lined path.

The figure... looked like a person. Injured. Half-dead. A cold dread settled in her gut, and she tried to not look at it long.

She'd seen enough corpses in her life.

"You doing okay?"

Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:53 am
Quote:
Space 12:
The smell of smoke is in the air. You can’t see what’s burning, but you can hear distant screams, and–carnival music? It feels like people are running past you, and the air fills with panic and alarm–but there’s nowhere for you to go, and the smoke is so thick. You’d better roll quickly so you can get out of here.

"Lived here for," ... how long had it been, actually? She moved here to start her practice in 2015. 2016? So much of that time had been a blur after her memories cut and jumped, and her starseed lived away from her long enough that she now knew the fact that she was alive was a surprising question at best-- "Seven years? Ach, gods," she chuckled, shook her head, and continued with a, "still can't quite tell where it comes from. Probably something to do with the magic here."

That was at least her guess. All areas she had lived in had their own flavour of drama and terror, but none had ever quite been flavoured the way it was here. She had her ear to the ground so she could understand what her patients' surrounding was. She had somehow never heard of a knight before setting foot in Destiny City.

As she rolled her dice, she pondered it for a moment, again.

That was cut by circus music, people brushing past her or at least the air brushing past her, and the absolutely stomach churning smell of smoke in the midst of this panic. That was a sign of death, of events gone wrong, of tragedy -- "I think I'm okay!" she shouted back, as she swallowed down the instinct to try and find whatever ghost was brushing back to ask them what was aflame, "Watch out if you end up over here though, something's on fire--"

She didn't want to get too far ahead of Solaris, and tried to peer through the smoke to see her.

Nothing.

Kaefaux

Seiana_ZI

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:10 am

Quote:
Space 15:
Bats. Maybe you missed them attacking earlier, but they’re back again, and angrier than ever. Instead of just screeching or scratching, they’re swooping down and biting now–and the effects are instantaneous. The little teeth are sharp and painful, but once bitten you might feel agitated and prone to violence, and you might feel perpetually cold and hungry with no relief in sight. The effects might last when you leave the square–or they might linger for a few hours or days after you get out of here.

A low, impressed whistle came from her lips. It was better to talk. Easier to ignore the sounds of something dragging itself somewhat alongside her. Or the cold, cold sensation of something brushing her leg--

"I wonder why so many Order people have been brought to this city... I mean. Obviously, to deal with Chaos. But... I wonder if there's something about this city, or the land it's on, in particular?"

"I mean, the way you talk about it... it's not something you experienced before moving here, right?" She tossed the question into the darkness, perhaps a bit louder than she should have. Tossed her die at the same time to move well beyond the reach of the cold, cold, rotting thing...

The sound of wings drew her attention.

She could hear Richtersveld shout something up more ahead of her location, something about fire. She'd dealt with that before, last time. Were they similar illusions? "Keep moving! I'll catch up."

The screeching behind her certainly made her move, as it was.

Tiny claws cut into her skin, making her hiss and tuck her wings tight to her back. Something bit her neck and she yelped, smacking at it. Something fuzzy brushed her hand and slipped into the darkness.

Anger coursed through her veins, and the hissing was more... pronounced. Yes, there were many kinds of magic probably out there. But her temper spiked... and she felt a pain in her stomach, along with it.

Seiana_ZI
Solaris needs a Snickers...

Kaefaux rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:12 am

(Roll cuz I forget what I'm doing)

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:07 am
Quote:
Space 14:
The ground is sticky. You land on this and immediately dip, as though you’ve stepped on a trampoline. Close inspection reveals that you are standing on an intricately woven web–and your shoes are stuck. And something is skittering just on the horizon.

She rolled her own die as she answered, eager to get away from whatever was happening in this particular square as she was unable to reach out and provide any help, which was really what she wanted to do--

"I've always wondered that myself. So far as I can tell, nothing makes this city more special than, say," she popped her lips, "New York, or Toronto, or Nairobi, or Tokyo, or Seoul," honestly, this planet had an infinity of other options, and she could probably spend the next half-hour recounting them. Why was this a special place? "But no, I can confirm I expected nothing like this from where I'm originally from. My siblings and I were born in the LA area."

That probably had no context to the winged senshi she was speaking with; she could address that later.

For now, her shoes seemed to be stuck to ... a spiderweb.

Great.

As she scrambled to get her feet out of the boots -- whatever, she'd just jump to the next square -- she offered, "Probably the same bull everything else in the holidays are!!"

Whatever that was.

There it went, now to roll this dice before jumping--

Kaefauxx

Kaefaux rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Quote:
Space 19:
You’re so close! Almost at the end! But the space you’re standing on shifts and shakes and seems to crumble beneath you. You have to hold on; there’s nowhere to fall but down into the deep abyss. If you manage to hang on for long enough, you find some invisible purchase and can pull yourself back up, but it’s quite the ordeal. Make sure you don’t get cut on falling spaces! The ground restores itself once you roll again.

Her temper was still flaring, and Solaris grit her teeth. She felt... hungry. An ache built in her belly, one not dissimilar to the years of what was effectively starvation. Racing away from the fuzzy flying things, she sneered. After surviving all of those terrors on Solaris, she wasn't about to let s**t on Earth kill her.

At least the conversation with Richtersveld was helping to keep her more... grounded. Something did seem weird about the city, according to the knight. At least versus other areas on the planet. No, she had no idea what the LA area meant, but she could at least surmise it wasn't around Destiny City.

"So we all just have the luck of coming to the weirdest area on Earth? Lovely," she laughed, a cynic, bitter edge snapping at her tone. She just felt so hungry...

As she neared the edge of the path, she could see the glowing doorway again. "Almost there, just keep rolling!" Her boots clacked sharply against the gold-lined pathway. Just as the tiles began to snap and shatter beneath her. Solaris felt the horrible sensation of uncontrolled falling, with her stomach somewhere back above, and her body plummeting down. Her wings spread wide as they could, a reflex to try and catch herself on wind currents that didn't exist here. Hands flailed, snagging on a rocky, sharp purchase that bit into her palm. Wincing, she preferred a sliced up hand to falling into the abyss. She didn't even attempt to glance down.

Anyone used to heights knew better than that. It threw off your balance, and kept you from focusing on staying up.

Solaris hissed, managing to get both hands onto the upper ledge of the path. She could see the glowing light above her from the exit... Her feet couldn't find purchase. She just... hung there in the darkness. Trying to pull herself up, she felt the ground began to shift, like it was about to break if she jostled it too much. So... she hung.

Trying to figure out what to do--what would happen if she fell here?--Solaris now and then kicked her feet out, trying to find something to help leverage herself up...

And finally, one came. She gave a breathless laugh, grateful for the unseen supports she managed to grapple her feet into, which supported her enough to reach for sturdier points with her hands. Little by little, she dragged herself up back onto the path, not thinking about how the sharp rocks were cutting into her hands, forearms, and shins. Those were better than falling into nothingness.

With very little room to maneuver at the top, she hissed again, rolling the die to open the barrier to the last area so she could fully heave herself up, panting as she knelt atop newly regathered ground as the pathway healed itself...

"Y-you... doing... okay?" Her words came between panting breaths, but she still called out for the Squire she'd dragged into this. She thought it'd be fun...

Seiana_ZI

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:14 am
Quote:
Space 19:
You’re so close! Almost at the end! But the space you’re standing on shifts and shakes and seems to crumble beneath you. You have to hold on; there’s nowhere to fall but down into the deep abyss. If you manage to hang on for long enough, you find some invisible purchase and can pull yourself back up, but it’s quite the ordeal. Make sure you don’t get cut on falling spaces! The ground restores itself once you roll again.

"I think so!" Richtersveld couldn't help a laugh. "Though I do admit, I am glad we're all here. Not sure how we'd manage if we were all spread across this planet."

If there was no one to back her up, would she still be alive? Would this senshi she was talking to still be alive? It was enough to leave her thinking for a moment about the fortune they did have to gather there even with the strangest possible holiday events. Solaris was right, though; they were almost done. She couldn't quite see the end, but it felt close.

So she'd roll.

And she lept.

And ... lept.

Did it stop? When would it stop? It felt like the world didn't exist around her, or perhaps was trying to collapse. She heard Solaris try to scramble, and it gave Richtersveld direction as to the fact she needed to grasp onto something and try to find some footing. Richtersveld wasn't so good at pulling herself up -- loathed pull-ups -- but she hadn't exactly made the effort to do any of that as a knight -- where --

There!

Richtersveld grabbed onto a ledge and yanked herself up hard, glancing around for Solaris and letting out a sigh of relief as she laid her head upon the ledge.

Her heart was beating fast even as her crisis response instincts had kept her from outright panic.

... that and being used to everything at this time of year being bizarre--

"I'm alright!" she sounded more winded than she looked. "Hopefully we really are at the end--"

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:22 am

Quote:
Space 20:
The end; once you have arrived here you are free to leave. You will see be basked in the glow of a beautiful, opalescent aura that will take you back home. If you arrived with a guest, you can leave without them or choose to stay until they make it to the end as well. When you arrive back in Destiny City, you may choose to keep the six sided die–if nothing else, it’s pretty! Though, it doesn’t seem to have any magical qualities, that might be for the best.

Solaris knelt on the ground, gasping and sucking in breaths, hissing as she glared down at her palms, bloody from the rock digging into them. Ripping the frail fabric that hung between her hands, she began to bind it around her hands. Cumbersome task with the movements causing her to wince, but necessary and did the trick to protect the injured area. In front of her, the gateway she'd seen last time, the way back to the city, sat majestic and beautiful as ever. She scowled at it.

She thought of what the Squire had said, though, now that she had a moment to... contemplate. That being spread across the Earth wouldn't have been a boon to Order. It was true--she'd had plenty of issues across her planet as a single senshi. And she wasn't fighting the Negaverse--the Chaos on her world felt different. Even before the Chaos took hold, being the singular person with the sort of magic she'd once had... she'd just been one person.

"That might be something to have to consider, if we ever try to remove the Chaos here for good. How to organize something that large." It was a daunting task. Solaris' eyes glazed somewhat as old, old memories tried to shuffle up to the surface...

...she immediately squashed them. She didn't want to think about military logistics right now.

Slowly, she pushed herself up onto her feet, ginger about putting weight on her hands to do so. The path was golden and bright behind her, and she looked across the darkness to the knight she'd pulled into this.

"We're done! Just walk through the doorway and we're out!"

She waited till she saw the other woman begin to move through before Solaris herself stepped on in... and returned right to the park where they'd begun. With the die still in her hand.

Seiana_ZI

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:02 pm
Would they really need to coordinate every knight and senshi on this planet to defeat what plagued them?

It was a lot to think about, and Richtersveld wondered of it's possibility. Not that she doubted if it was possible, necessarily. When the group of them had truly set their minds collectively to something, it seemed like they were capable of great things. What had happened during that betrayal should have fully defeated them, and yet they had made it through.

But she suspected they'd need a lot more than good performance for five minutes. Maybe different fronts. Different approaches. She didn't have the mind for that level of organization, more concerned with minute details and minute, individual health and survival than group function unless she was heading a group therapy session.

... Perhaps she should offer that to her fellows.

"Thank the gods," she said, with a quiet laugh, as she pulled herself fully up and eagerly headed back into where they had started. That was definitely her workout for the day-- "Reminds me a bit of what Mirrorspace tried to do..."

That was a long time ago...

"Thanks for coming with me! These things are always easier with friends." Richtersveld offered a wry smile. "And it's given me a bit to think about."

Kaefaux

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces