Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Halloween-R] Frightful Bite [Retzian x Oliver][Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:54 pm
Quote:
Webs have begun to appear all over Destiny City at an alarming pace; at first it doesn’t seem like anything to be concerned with–maybe a web over a window or door frame is the worst you see, but there have been reports of webs that cover a whole tree or even entire cars. The media cites changing weather patterns and, even though you don’t see any spiders, it’s clear you might have a problem. Once, Destiny City had a bad run in with Giant Spiders. Now, you can’t even see them. Tiny little spiders are either passing through for the season–or they’re back for revenge.

It depends on how superstitious you are.

Either way, these little spiders might be small–almost always tinier than a pea–but they can still leave a bit of damage in their wake. Their legs are tiny and needle-like, and their fangs are even worse. They might show up alone or in a swarm, but they always disappear shortly after attacking. And, these spiders are very aggressive. Being bitten can cause nausea, dizziness, fatigue and hallucinations. These symptoms can begin immediately or can manifest up to a few hours afterwards, but the symptoms always seem to clear up within a day or two. Just be careful not to get bitten again.

There were an alarming number of spiders tonight…or…just an alarming number of spider webs out, and honestly, Retzian wasn’t quite sure which was worse. She…honestly hated spiders. Hated how they moved, hated how many legs that they had…if she wanted something with eight legs, she would take an octopus, thank you, or a crab even…sure they had ten legs but, you didn’t notice the other two, not really.

She glanced up and broke into an almost amused smile as she saw Oliver peddling his bike in her direction, and for a moment she thought about jumping at him and spooking him, but that thought faded when she saw that he was peddling right towards an unnecessarily large spider web…complete with an unnecessarily large spider.

Or…group of spiders?

She couldn’t really tell but…she couldn’t just let this happen.

Swiftly, Retzian moved out from behind the tree she was watching from and shoved at Oliver’s bike, pushing him towards the soft grass and away from the trap of a web, of course, the momentum caused her to stumble and she ended up in the sticky mess, and the disgusting spider crawled onto her instead…and when she felt a sudden sharp, burning pain on her hand she knew she had been bitten.

…Damn.

The fact that the world seemed to start to spin the moment she felt the bite really…wasn’t a good sign but.

“...Oliver? You good?”

It was easy enough to get out, and thankfully the spider seemed to have vanished after biting her, but that wasn’t really enough to stop the lieutenant from sinking to the ground, trembling slightly.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:37 pm
Oliver missed the days when the only person jumping out in front of his bike or trying to spook him was Elliot, because this was not even the first time he’d been attacked on his bike and he was so close to not going out at all.

Asher was going to be so disappointed in him! He wasn’t going to believe him!

Oliver had squeaked, rather indignantly, as he toppled over. He wasn’t going fast enough to hurt himself, but the seat dug into his thigh and he scraped his knee going down.

His glasses had fallen off of his face and he had to grope around to find them, but after a second of searching he slid them back on. He looked over when he heard his name, but–oh. It was the Negaverse woman.

And she knew his name.

A wave of dread flooded him, and he looked like he’d seen a ghost. At first, he didn’t answer, and then he tried to untangle himself from the bike without making a big deal out of it. His pants already had thinning fabric over the knee, so while it wasn’t surprising that it had torn, it still brought him a pang of unhappiness.

He didn’t know how he wanted to answer her.

When he did, he was quiet. Non confrontational. He didn’t want trouble; if she knew his name, maybe she knew where he lived. He didn’t want his family in danger. “I don’t know, why did you push me over?”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:43 pm
“Spider web…” Retzian muttered, blinking to try and clear her blurry vision. The spot where the damn thing had bitten her felt as though it were still on fire. “Nasty thing. Lots of them out tonight, nasty spider in it too.”

She drew in a breath and let it out in a shaky gust. “...Glad you didn’t get bit. You didn’t get bit right?”

Hm…honestly, she hoped that she’d be able to hear him when he spoke. If he spoke?

It sounded as though there were a tornado in her ears, it was loud and awful and her head was beginning to throb. “...Ow.”

So much for looking cool in front of him. So much for being the tough and mysterious Lieutenant…but.

Retzian was glad that Oliver wasn’t dealing with this. He wouldn't…have done so well, she was sure.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:25 pm
He slowly righted himself and held the handles of the bike tightly, using it as if it were a shield between himself and her, or himself and the spiders. He’d heard about them on the news, but he hadn’t seen more than just a few more webs than normal.

He didn’t like spiders but–

When he looked up, he could see some of it clinging to her, and his heart skipped a beat.

“N-no. I didn’t get bit.” At least, he didn’t think he had. He checked himself, but the only damage was from the fall, and even that wasn’t so bad.

“It…bit you? Should you sit down?”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:33 pm
She wasn’t sitting down? Retzian hesitated and tried to be graceful about it, but ended up falling ot the ground with a very undignified, “Oof.”

Looking at where she thought he was, she forced a smile. “Thought I was sitting down this whole time…guess that just means you're smarter than I am…I’m glad you weren’t bit.” She idly held her hand out towards him, and the bit was swollen and a violent red shade which…made sense given how much it still hurt.

“Maybe you should head home…stay away from spider webs, yeah? This. Isn’t very fun, I’ll tell you that…but I’m glad it wasn’t you. You’re too nice to deal with this, Oliver.”

Had she been in her right mind, she would have never used his name the first time, let alone this second but.

The world was spinning too much to really care what she said. And again, had she been in her right mind…she would have realized just how dangerous that was.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:07 pm
Oliver recoiled into himself a bit, drawing the bike closer to him and standing in as small of a space as he could imagine. There was a whole road for her, and he was still afraid of crowding her too much from the tiny space he took up.

He didn’t laugh, didn’t smile. His brows knitted together and he wasn’t sure if he was worried about her or just worried in general. Retzian scared him. More, now, because it wasn’t a mistake that she knew who he was. He didn’t know how long she’d known, or what else she knew, but she had his name nad that was dangerous enough.

…Even if she had ‘saved’ him from the spiders. He hadn’t seen the web at all in this lighting; his glasses had been reflecting too much

He didn’t know if he should reach for her hand or not.

She spoke like she knew him. It was a cool autumn night, but his blood was running cold. His heart was pounding in his chest.

“Y-yeah,” he said quickly, because she coldn’t be mad if he agreed with her. He didn’t get on his bike but he was more than ready to just walk it home. “Are you–can you call someone? You don’t look good.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:01 am
“I’ll be fine. Just gonna sit here for a bit. Get home, okay?” Retzian managed a smile, though it looked pained. “I’ll call my General for some help when you’ve gone, he’s strong and can teleport me out of here, no worries,”

It was so sweet of him to care, and for a moment, Retzian honestly considered just following Oliver around whenever she saw him just so nothing bad did happen to him…

He was her friend. And friends protected one another.

“...Have a good night and watch out for more spiders, please. I’ll see you again soon, I’m sure.” It wasn’t a threat, and she was sure that she wasn’t making it sound like a threat. There was delight in her voice and her eyes closed for a moment, with Retzian breathing deeply through her nose, allowing Oliver room and time to leave.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:14 am
Oliver couldn’t really make much sense of things. A part of him thought he should stay and make sure she was okay, but–

No, she was in the Negaverse. And she knew his name. His blood was cold and his hands were trembling, and he didn’t want any excuse for her to change her mind or try to take his starseed. But. She had backup. She had someone that could come help her. And she told him to go home.”

His stomach was upside down; he was probably going to throw up. She sounded like it was going to fun to see him soon, and–sure, maybe she’d saved him from spiders, but he didn't know what the future held.

“...Okay,” he said, at first uncertain but then with more strength he nodded. “Good night.”

His heart was beating out of his chest, but she told him to leave–so, he started walking his bike off as quickly as he could while still watching for spiders.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out