Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Café Companions [Celestina x Oliver][Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:56 pm
Normally, Celestina didn’t enjoy bringing her work home, but the first round of essays she had assigned had to be marked by the end of the week, and the idea of sitting her her classroom for another minute more had her eye twitching in utter pain. There was nothing wrong with her classroom, but spending seven hours there teaching, and another three grading and preparing to teach the next day…

She needed a new view.

The café that she had chosen was one of her favorites, it was cheap, the lighting was good and they had comfortable chairs.

As she parked her new bike in the bike rack that sat outside of the place, Celestina paused and broke into a rather delighted smile, seeing a very familiar bike already there.

Well. If it wasn’t her little not friend.

With a new sense of delight, she made her way into the café and ordered a hot chocolate, pleased that all of the tables were taken, but that her yet unnamed would be target still had space at his.

When her drink was handed to her, Celestina made her way over to the table and smiled down at the auburn haired male. “Hey! This is the only space left in the café…would you be terribly opposed to company? I had wanted to get a break from my classroom to grade these essays, I won’t be a bother, I promise!”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:01 pm
Oliver had similar sentiments to Celestina when he’d chosen this café to bring his work to. He was distracted, a little overwhelmed. Ordinarily, he’d have been at home helping Asher with some improvement projects, but he’d been having a hard time focusing and was very behind on grading things. Asher had noticed. He’d been the one to ask if he wanted to get out for a while and, bless his heart, he would have dropped everything to make sure that Oliver had everything he needed to calm down and get his work done. He probably would have given up on his project completely just to take a walk with him, or keep him company somewhere else.

Oliver couldn't take that from him, not when Asher seemed like he was enjoying himself. He’d agreed to the suggestion of getting out, but he’d promised to be productive; he packed up all of his materials in a bag and promised to be back as soon as he finished.

Asher understood. Told him to treat himself, told him to relax, to take it easy on himself.

He was perfect, in every way.

Oliver was still getting used to the new home, so it was to have somewhere comfortable and familiar to go where he could be out of the way.

He had treated himself–to a white hot chocolate, since it was a lovely, rainy day, and the chill of autumn was slowly creeping in. And, a cinnamon pumpkin muffin, because–well, why not. The muffin was gone, because he’d devoured it almost as soon as he sat down, but he learned that you had to have a drink there so someone didn’t badger you to get more. It was only half emptied, so he’d done a good job pacing himself there, at least. His table was neatly organized so he could work, and he had been very productive! He was almost done!

And then–oh, the woman was talking to him. For a second he stared up at her; the words needed to click into place, and then he quickly smiled. “Oh–yeah, sure. I completely understand. I didn’t even realize this place had filled up, I was really focused.”

Which was good! He’d been able to focus! Oh, wow, it was a little crowded in here. Good thing he was almost done; now that he realized how busy it was, it felt a little smothering. “On, well–” he gestured to his stack of papers. Everything was neatly organized, perfectly in place. He had color coded pens and highlighter sand sticky notes, and had arranged everything in a specific location. “Grading. Where do you teach?”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:25 pm
Celestina smiled brightly. “I just started at Romanos, I teach history for the first and third years there. It’s my first semester and I’m really enjoying it so far, but I really couldn’t stand to look at my classroom for another minute. The worst part of it being a military school is the fact that the classrooms are…and don’t you dare repeat this, this is in the strictest confidence, but…the classrooms are so boring. Terribly boring. To tell the truth, if I were a student at the school, I think I would fall asleep in the class just from the lack of engaging things to look at.”

Not that she wasn’t engaging, but still. Colors did help. But, structure was important too, and she did enjoy her job a lot.

“What about you? It’s nice to meet another educator!”

Drawing out her folder which held the essays she pulled the first ungraded one out and sighed softly. “First round of essays from the first years. Most of them have been…well. Okay but. Some…oh, some have been a struggled.”

Pausing, Celestina flashed the male a smile. “I’m Celestina, by the way. It’s lovely to meet you.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:56 pm
“Oh–right,” he held out his hand to shake. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Oliver. I work over at Azure. Congratulations on Romano’s, they’ve got some really good programs! I think it’s too strict for me, I don’t think I could keep up with it. I carpool to Azure–the benefit of being married to another teacher–and thankfully most of the boys are pretty well behaved this year. I’ve got a good setup, I love where I work.”

He seemed to mean it, even if the papers in front of him had him frazzled an hour ago.

“It gets easier. The entire first year that I was at Azure I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I was so scared they were going to fire me. Now, I’ve got a decent record. But my son’s just started high school this year, so I’d better behave until he graduates. How are you like Romano’s so far? I mean, aside from the room décor.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:18 am
Oliver! Well, at least she had a name for the mystery man, that fact alone caused her to grin, looking utterly pleased. “It’s lovely to meet you, Oliver. I had applied over at Azure and Crystal but, Romanos is the one that wanted me!” Glancing at the essay in front of her she gave a pleased sigh. “Oh, it’s honestly the best job I think I could have asked for. The staff are so absolutely supportive and the kids…well. They acted out the first few weeks, at least the first years, but the structure in the school is wonderful and they calmed down quickly.”

With a small laugh, Celestina gave a wry smile. “How is Azure? Honestly, I’m kind of glad I didn’t get the job there or Crystal, the idea of a boys or girls only school is a little daunting. I feel like Azure would be prone to…just far too many gross teenage boy things and Crystal would just be a cesspit of gossip and teenage girl drama…”

This was nice. Talking to Oliver without him going into a panic attack…perhaps…

Perhaps they could actually be friends like this. And perhaps…she wouldn’t keep bothering him as Retzian.

…Then again, perhaps it would just make bothering him more fun.

“You have a son? How’s he doing so far? Fitting in well?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:59 am
Oliver absolutely loved his son, and his eyes lit up as soon as she asked. “Oh, he’s wonderful. He loves it there. I mean, he’s very friendly, he’d have fit in anywhere. But he’s there with his best friend, and–well, I mean, technically he’s been going there for years. We’ve been bringing him by after school. But–having a sitter’s a little costly, and we were–well, you know. Young. New to town.”

She didn’t need his life story, he could reel it in.

“He loves it there. I’m sure there’s plenty of gross teenage boy things, but he stays out of trouble, and I try to do the same. When we first moved to Destiny City, I was absolutely desperate for anything. I couldn’t believe they actually hired us both. I mean–Destiny city has always been big and bustling, but I feel like we got lucky. I was nervous when we first started, but I like it much more now. They’ve been good to us. Romano’s isn’t scary? –I mean, I know that has to sound ridiculous, but. I don’t know, I don’t do well with people yelling at me! And every time I see something about it, they look so sternn. I’d have perished if I got sent to a school like that. No offense! I just.” He exhaled, but he was still smiling. “I guess I have some quirks that might make it a little hard for me to adapt.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:15 pm
“No that makes sense to me. He’s doing well there so far? What’s his favorite class? What do you teach, Oliver?” Celestina took a sip of her drink and drew out a dark purple marking pen, scribbling a quick note on the paper where there was a grossly incorrect fact listed. “The city is lovely, and I’m glad to live here. How long ago did you move? I’ve lived here nearly all my life. And, no, Romanos isn’t scary at all. Maybe some of the kids thing os but, those are going to be the ones who need the structure. It’s honestly…it’s a family. And the boss, The Commandant? He’s the most amusing man I think I’ve ever met, and let me tell you.”

She glanced up at him and smirked. “I’m not really a fan of most men but he’s just. Like a buff young santa claus.”

Laughing now she glanced back to the paper and sighed, making another mark and shaking her head. “”It’s a lot of fun there. If you ever need a new job or just want to move to another school, I highly recommend it.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:07 am
There were a lot of questions coming at him, quickly, and Oliver smiled politely even though he was pretty sure he’d already forgotten a handful of questions.

“Oh, no. I don’t want to go to another school. If I stay at Azure for another decade, I’ll have a nice retirement package. I’ll probably last that long, but no matter what I’ve got at least four more years. I’m too excited to see my son every day. Which is probably a little cringy, but I can’t help it. I just worry about him, it’s nice to know that he’s nearby. And I like going to work with my husband! We get to have lunch together.”

He seemed a little sheepish to admit it, but there was very obviously a lot of love in his voice when he mentioned it. It didn’t matter if she wasn’t a fan of most men, he was very much a fan of his husband.

“We’ve been doing it since we moved here and–well, Elly was just a baby, he’s just had his fourteenth birthday, so we’ve been here for about that long. His favorite class changes, he seems to like all of them. I mean, he’s such an outgoing boy, he gets that from his father. And he’s got such a kind heart. He’s just such a good boy, I’m so proud of him. I’m sorry, I could go on forever about him. You won’t get any grading done if you let me run my mouth.”

And yet, he’d managed to finish another paper, and it seemed like he was a bit refreshed.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:45 pm
Celestina looked up as he spoke, and when he mentioned a husband, she broke into a pleased smile. “That honestly sounds like an ideal life. I hope to find myself a wife that I can have a relationship like that with…”

She didn’t have anyone right now but. Hopefully one day she would.

Laughing softly, she shook her head. “Don’t worry about it. I just like to get things done quickly, they only submitted these yesterday so…if they have to wait for another day, I’m sure that they’ll survive.” Celestina shook her head and gave another smile. “I could listen to you talk about your family. I’m envious, and it’s been so nice to just make another teacher friend.”

It was kind of a bust though, and she slipped the essays back into her folder, shaking her head. “Perhaps I’ll just break my rule of working at home and will just finish these there.” Hesitating for a moment she took a sip of her drink. “...If you’d ever want to do this again, grading and just chatting, let me know, I can give you my number i you’d like.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:32 pm
For a split second, Oliver looked like he’d short circuited. He was doing math in his head but didn’t have an equation. It took him a few seconds but he shook his head. “Oh! Yeah, sure. Sorry, things are a little hectic right now. I haven’t been sleeping well. We’re in a new house and I’m still getting used to all the creaks and groans. And with school, and…”

It looked like he could have said more but he just shook his head and flashed a quick, apologetic smile. He passed over his phone so she could make a new contact.

He looked apologetic.

“I’m just not doing so good with, well. You know, late meetups or anything. I’m trying to stay in after the sun goes down. And I don’t drive the car, so I’m a little limited with my bike. Unless you don’t mind my husband tagging along. He’s a better teacher than I am, and much more charismatic.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:21 pm
Taking his phone, Celestina put her number into it and sent herself a text, smiling brightly. “No worries. We’ll meet in the daytime, and if you’re ever up for just a bike ride on the weekends, husband and son included I’m completely game for it. I just got myself a new bike and it would be nice to ride it for pure recreation, honestly.”

Glancing out of the window she gave a sigh. “We should both be getting home then, it’s almost dusk and if you don’t like to be out in the dark you should get yourself packed up.”

If anything, she would see that he made it home in one piece, either as Celestina or Retzian if need be. “I’ll be in touch, okay?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:07 am
These assurances seemed to relax him, and he smiled up until he realized that it was starting to get dark.

“Oh! You’re right, I totally lost track of time.” He began to quickly gather up his things, but smiled at her. “That sounds nice, I’ll look forward to it. Sorry to run, I don’t see so well at night. Well.”

He was quiet for a second, “Obviously, I mean. It’s dark. The light on my bike is off, I really need to fix that.”

But, it was more than that, even if he wasn’t going to say it. He wasn’t going to just tell a stranger that he was terrified of running into the Negaverse again. Although, Asher would come pick him up if he asked, he knew that. He was just pretty sure he could make it home before it got dark enough to worry.

“Thank you for keeping me company. Celestine. Good luck with grading!”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items