Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] The Map [Rainier x Beira]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:44 pm
Beira hadn’t really spoken about what he’d received from the merchant until they were a good distance away from the strange barrier. He just wanted to be careful about it; there was just something odd about everything. Rainier had stayed with him until they reached the picnic table near a line of trees, and as soon as he was near the flat surface, he pulled the map out of the box. He carefully laid it out, using the weight of the box and the lid to rest on either side and hold it flat while he looked at it.

For a moment, he was silent.

He felt the same recognition now as he did before, and the faded emblem on the box was almost identical to the shape of his brooch.

As he ran his hand over the smooth surface of the map, he felt cold, biting winds.

Beira’s winds.

The hill on the map caught his eye, that was the only part of it that he recognized, but just beyond that there was an entrance marked–a cave. And, within that, twisting paths. There were notes–warnings?–written into it, but he couldn’t decipher them. “I’d bet anything that this is my world. Beira,” he explained uncertainly. “I recognize some of it. But I don’t understand how he had this. Or why.”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:45 pm
Rainier had better manners than to shoulder him aside for a better view and was content to peer over at it from an angle. More than just a map, it seemed to be a precious artifact. A record carefully kept in a tightly sealed box that stood the test of time until it found its home again in the hands of the Senshi it belonged to.

A hand-drawn masterpiece of the world that was his, carefully laid lines in the darkest of black inks that showed no signs of fading. The edges, clean-cut with details, reminded her of Tolkien maps she had seen on the insides of Lord of the Ring books when she was a kid. “I have no idea either. You, or someone else in your past life, could have given it to him for safekeeping. Or-” She looked up at him, her expression almost perplexed.

“Or he could have gone there after it was no longer inhabited and taken it. For everything on the table, anyone could have traded for it but I suspect that certain items resonate with specific people otherwise the rest of the things there seemed uninteresting.” It at least felt like a sound reason since there was nothing that called to her, no trinket pulled her attention or drew her to it. There were fancy things present, yes. But nothing that felt like it was, or should be, hers.

Similarly, Beira did not seem interested in anything else. His attention had been so fixated on the box that it seemed as if nothing else besides it existed.

“I wonder if this is a map of your whole world or just a part of it.” If only a piece, perhaps there might be others for him to find and this was just the first piece of something larger. “I feel for what we see here… I do not envy you as a senshi.” She smirked, weight shifting to one leg Rainer crossed her arms. “You can have a world, I’ll be happy with my small wonder,” Granted a mountain is anything but small but compared to this it was at least manageable.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:18 pm
“Maybe,” Beira answered, but it seemed almost absentminded, like he couldn’t imagine a situation where this could have fallen into the hands of someone else. “I don’t think it’s my whole world,” he admitted, and pointed to the hill that he recognized. “There’s more down here. I haven’t explored it, but. It is a bit intimidating,” he admitted.

He was careful not to touch it any more than absolutely necessary, but his brows furrowed as he examined it.

“There’s a lot of attention on this cave. I don’t even think I saw an entrance to it the last time I was there. The map might be out of date.”

Might have been, but he knew it was Beira, without a doubt in his heart.

To be fair, he’d been distracted the last time he was there.

There were symbols specific in the cave, unnecessarily so. There was something written about it, but he just couldn’t read it.

“...Interesting that someone would make a map of this. And then take such good care of it. It seems important. Someone spent a lot of time making this.”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:33 pm
“Well…” She moved a hand to her hip to pull out her phone only to remember that she was in her powered uniform and that was in her civilian pants pocket. “I think it’s early enough still if you wanted to go to your wonder and see if we can at least find the entrance.” It was only maybe ten o'clock at the latest so if they spent maybe two hours there she’d still get back with enough time to get a short rest in before work.

“My guess, if you didn’t notice it before, the entrance is probably a small crawl-through hole kind of like the Wind Cave in South Dakota. Third largest mapped tunnel in the world but the actual entrance to it only fits one person at a time. Whereas the one on my wonder is maybe about 20 feet wide and can fit a small transport vehicle or a few snow jet skis through it.” But with the map giving a general location of where to look, with two critical eyes it might be easier to see.

“I don’t know what kind of vegetation might be growing on your world, but it could also be that there’s something in the way. I don’t mind helping you search for it if you’re ok with me tagging along.” She’d been to a small handful of worlds already; Larissa and Acrucis being the two most recent.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:29 pm
He hadn’t been to his world in a while. A month, at least. He knew he had the energy to take himself, and probably her, too. Though, he hadn’t taken anyone with him before, it didn’t sound like a particularly daunting task.

He was a Super Senshi–all that extra power had to count for something.

Beira had a reason to need it now. A reason to use it. He could feel something tugging at the strings of his mind, like some unseen force was beckoning him to go now. While he had backup.

He looked at the map for a few seconds longer before he rolled it up carefully and deposited it back in the box. “Yeah. That’s a good plan. If I don’t go now it’s just going to gnaw at me. I’d appreciate the company. It’s just,” he looked over her outfit contemplatively. “It can get a little cold. But if anyone was going to go with me, at least you look like you’re already suited up for the job.”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:05 pm
Rainier let out a heartfelt laugh with a smile that reached her eyes. “You’re talking to a Mercury knight here.” She reminded him with a wink. “This fur-trimmed uniform is built for the cold.” Otherwise, she’d freeze to death in the ice caves when she visited her own wonder. “Trust me, I’ll be fine.” She reassured him with confidence.

“I’m ready whenever you are.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:12 pm
A small smile twitched onto Beira’s face, and finally, he nodded. “All right, good point. You look like you might be better prepared for my world than I am, so let’s hope that we’re not walking head first into a blizzard.”

When the map was secured, he dismissed it to subspace for safe keeping, and reached out to take her hand while he sorted out the settings on his phone.

He didn’t know what to expect on Beira, but he was glad to have a second pair of eyes.

The backup was more than welcome.

Maybe she could keep the ghosts away.

Shanyume

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas