Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
Liyana - Avani Enda RP - A rogue daughters return-nokuthula

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
AstoriaFallen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:15 am
(Cinga/Enda) Your travels have taken you far from the body of the pride. Your paws take you in all directions, as far as the horizon stretches. On your travels, you may come across...
4. You come across a rogue lion! (Bonus Event!)

A shadow gave a small reprieve from the beating sun and dark eyes cast skywards towards her lofted companion. Letting out a sigh she gave a quick scan of her immediate surroundings. Sand, sand, sand, dead brush, sand, more sand, and oh- a rock formation. She figured she'd give that a look over, maybe if she was able to get on some higher ground she'd gave a chance at spotting some of the herds maybe.

Making her way towards it, Liyana gave another glance towards the sky but Avani was gone, probably gone ahead to do some scouting of her own. Giving a small nod of her head in silent approval she grew nearer the formation of boulders. She was feeling good, confident, and hopeful. None of those being factors as to why she didn't see the rogue lion that was nestled in some of the shaded rocks, it's scent blowing away from her, though bringing her's straight towards it.  
AstoriaFallen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 am
Bonus Event: Use this list and reference your second dice roll to find your Bonus Event. Some Bonus Events have Penalties. See below for an explanation.
4. You are attacked and manage to subdue your attacker. (Bonus +2 points to total)

Liyana hadn't honestly been expecting to find any lions, probably why her guard had been down as she had grown nearer and nearer the rocks. It didn't help that her eyes in the sky were elsewhere too. It was just a number of different things that lead to this current moment. It became aware to her, too late, there was scraps of remains from a few days old kill and with it, a lioness that had become threatened by Liyana's sudden, unannounced, presence.

The lioness lunged at her from the safety of the rocks and collided with Liyana's right side as she had tried to move away from the pouncing female. Luckily she had been caught at an angle and this allowed for the brown and white female to turn quickly, claws and teeth grasping as she wasn't sure what was about to happen.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 pm
Liyana hadn't honestly been expecting to find any lions, probably why her guard had been down as she had grown nearer and nearer the rocks. It didn't help that her eyes in the sky were elsewhere too. It was just a number of different things that lead to this current moment. It became aware to her, too late, there was scraps of remains from a few days old kill and with it, a lioness that had become threatened by Liyana's sudden, unannounced, presence.

The lioness lunged at her from the safety of the rocks and collided with Liyana's right side as she had tried to move away from the pouncing female. Luckily she had been caught at an angle and this allowed for the brown and white female to turn quickly, claws and teeth grasping as she wasn't sure what was about to happen.

The smaller lioness was knocked to the side by the quick return attack Liyana provided and lunged once more for the lioness that had stumbled across her refuge. However, Liyana, more experienced and in somewhat better health, was able to react quickly to the counterattack and grabbed her, shoving her to the ground, her teeth at her throat, paws on her chest, pinning her in a very effective manner.

While all this was going on, Avani had made her way back towards her companion and arrived just as Liyana subdued the lioness. Avani was more aware of the situation having eyes from above and was actually quite amused and almost dumbfounded by the sight she had arrived upon. Given she hadn't been there for the initial encounter she could only imagine what had caused such a situation to arise, for the lion that Liyana had pinned was Nokuthula, her own daughter. Avani could only surmise that it had been a case of dehydration, hunger, and surprise that had created the scene before her.

It was true, under normal circumstances the two would have likely recognized each other for who they were. But Nokuthula, being half starved, thirsty, tired and alone had assumed the approaching lion was there to scrape at the measly remains of the kill she had managed to make. It had been nothing more than a mouthful really, but it had been enough to give her some minor amounts of energy and strength. Having taken refuge from the sun in the shade of the rocks she had half dozed when the scent of another, even familiar, had startled her into an instant defense mode. Now as she laid there, panting beneath the brute strength of her mother, she wasn't even sure what she was seeing was real. How long had it been since she laid eyes on her? A few years at least. There was notable aging around the brown females maw. Not that she could have a good enough look since her teeth were at her throat, but at the angle she was able to look, she was more than aware of the peculiar coat now that she was subdued. "Well, hello mother. I never would have thought this would be how we would be reunited." She squeezed out, not that she had a super tight hold on her throat.

Liyana couldn't help but notice there was something familiar about the lioness she currently had pinned. It wasn't until she took in a deep breath that her "mother radar" kicked in. No, it couldn't be? Could it? Noku had left when Budek had, not because she had wanted to go with him, but because she just had that travel urge within her and what else could Liyana do but let her go and do her thing. Now here she was, pinned to the ground with her own mother holding her hostage by tooth and claw. When she spoke it solidified that it was in fact her daughter and she quickly removed her teeth from her throat and stepped a few paces back to allow her to rise up from the ground. "I wasn't sure I'd ever actually see you again." She had a few other children that had stayed within the pride, but Noku had been her closest child.

Avani finally landed upon the rocks and looked at the two disheveled lionesses. "I'm see you two had quite the reunion. Not that I'd HATE to break up this wonderful moment. But while I was flying ahead I spotted a burnt orange lioness pacing in the distance. I just wanted to come back and report that to you because it's important that we let the Abholi know about the rogue upon our lands. Though it seems we have another we must also report, even if you are just coming back home to stay. It will be up to them to approve of course."

"I saw her too, when I was coming this way a day or so ago. So it's curious to know that she's still there." Noku added looking towards Avani and then her mother. "I suppose we should go get this over with huh?" She was nervous being back, but also excited. She had so much to share with her mother while they walked back "home".

Liyana gave a nod of her head and Avani took to the skies once more. "You picked a rough time to come back, but I'm glad to see you all the same." She smiled and they headed back towards the prides current location.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games