Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Star-Merch] Treasures and Trinkets [Beira x Rainier] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:30 pm
Hard to believe that it has been nearly two years since she encountered her first senshi, one that she only recently learned was a Dark Mirror which explained how he was able to escape her so easily. At first, Erica had thought she had been seeing things. But after learning that both Drew and Jeremy’s brother were both senshi, things fell into place.

She became more critical while reviewing reports such as missing persons and the explosion on the hill. It was a bit alarming to see just how many reports involved someone who had passed out from apparent exhaustion or heat stroke or suddenly died of a heart attack. Knowing what the Negaverse and Dark Mirror were capable of with their energy drain and quotas; it gave her a reason to look at these reports more critically.

Jeremy’s suspicion was more founded than she had originally given him credit for. It’s not that she didn’t trust him, but a part of her was reluctant to believe that there was that level of corruption among the other officers. Her own moral compass still pointed true and remained unchanged and she’d hoped that those she worked beside walked a similar path.

But when he almost died… that belief, that hope, it wavered considerably.

At the age of twenty-two, Erica donned the blue uniform of a police officer and swore the oath to never betray her own integrity, her character, or the public’s trust. That she would always have the courage to hold herself and others accountable for actions taken. To maintain the highest ethical standards and uphold the values of the community and agency she served.

Two years ago she learned that the streets were corrupted by something normal citizens turned a blind eye to because it was something they didn’t understand. Chaos brought war to the streets with magic and monsters; something her gun couldn't hold a flame to.

Five months ago she learned that they were not alone in this world and that there were worlds, wonders, and dimensions that existed beyond the local supermarket. With her awakening, she learned that the Rainier she visited was not the same one located in Washington State. They shared similar qualities, but her own wonder was a labyrinth of ice caves on Mercury that served as a prison.

Well… at least she seemed to have stayed true to her role in the past life.

Still, she wished that she had more than Acrucis to talk to these things about. The Senshi of Prayer was kind and helpful but often seemed exhausted by work or this search for her friend that Rainier had to wonder how much longer the young woman would last. It made her hesitant to reach out unless she had a lead on the missing person case. Which was one reason she was powered up this evening.

After the incident that happened inside the rift with the giant and gargoyles, Rainier found herself with renewed hope that she might be able to get a lead on this Sidouer girl after seeing how many agents and corrupts were powering up as of late. Approaching them one on one might not be the best option, especially since she was still a Page with absolutely no magic to speak of. But she believed that with the number of signatures that had been sucked into that weird dimension, someone has to know something.

Rainier had been wandering around for the better part of the last hour hoping to encounter an aura belonging to anyone that she could approach and finally speak with. Just as she was ready to call it a night she felt something on the edge of her senses; an aura with similar strength as Acrucis’. She knew better than to believe it was her friend since Hannah had to work late today to cover for a co-worker that had called out again. But that knowledge didn’t stop Rainier from approaching the person it belonged to.

“Hello,” she called out once she was close enough for them to hear. From where she stood all she could really make out was the silhouette of someone with long silvery or white-colored hair.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:41 am
Truthfully, Beira had no idea what he was doing out right now. After the whole ordeal in that strange pocket dimension he’d thought that the wisest thing to do might be to go home. To avoid these things for a while. To let Destiny City sort itself out.

A break would have been well-deserved; he’d been working himself half to death and couldn’t remember the last time he’d taken any time to himself. If it wasn’t his real job, it was–well, this.

Senshidom. A strange obligation that he still couldn’t seem to master.

He thought he’d understand what he was supposed to be doing by now, but aside from a distant pull, he didn’t know what he was supposed to do. Sometimes, he thought it must be from his homeworld calling for him–but what was there to do? It was a cold, empty world.

It was lonely.

He was reminded of the grave he’d dug, and he tried to push it out of his mind again.

Sometimes, it was easy. Sometimes, like tonight, he felt like the blood in his body was slowly turning to ice. He didn't know if it was supposed to be some sort of punishment or if it was supposed to be some kind of guiding light. He needed to talk to Soleiyu, needed to talk to anyone, but he wasn't optimistic about that. It's not like opening up had ever been easy, and even if he did find someone capable of giving guidance, it didn't guarantee that they'd want to listen to a stranger or deal with his problems.

And yet, he felt something pulling him--further away from Destiny City. It was a strange hum of energy, and though he didn't know what it was, it didn't feel hostile. It felt like it was calling to him, and--

What did he have to lose? His magic was unstable and he couldn't seem to find his place in all of this.

So, maybe it was a sign. Maybe it was something that could get him set off on the right path.

Aside from that, he'd thought he was mostly alone.

The energy signature on the outskirts of his radar registered, but it wasn’t until she was closer–close enough to greet him–that it really registered. He had to dig himself out of the mental fog, away from the sticky tar and dark shadows still clinging to every surface of his mind.

He turned to face her, unsurprised that he didn’t recognize her. The voice had been unfamiliar. Friendly enough, but still unknown to him. “Hello,” he greeted.

She'd come from behind him; the strange energy he'd been fallowing still pulsed from the hill a slight bit before them.

...Maybe she knew what it was. Maybe it was dangerous and she was trying to stop him.

Maybe she was here to investigate, too.

"I'm sorry, if you were calling earlier I didn't hear. I've been a bit distracted," he apologized, and stood in place to give her time to catch up. He probably shouldn't have just been admitting that he wasn't on top of everything right now. "Is everything all right?"

Shanyume

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:04 pm
“I’m alright.” Her head canted to the side as her silvery eyes looked up at him in genuine concern.

Rainier turned to look over her shoulder in the direction he had been staring off into. From where she stood, she couldn’t sense anything in that direction, but that was less of a surprise when considering that he was of a higher rank than she was. Just as how Acrucis often sensed things before she did.

The Page of Mercury brought a gloved hand up and cupped it around her ear to see if she could at least hear if something was happening where she couldn’t see it but only silence met her actions and so she tucked her hair behind her ear and turned her attention back to the young man and asked, “are you alright?” It’s one thing to be distracted, but wherever his mind had been wondering, it had left him seemingly unaware.

Fortunately, she was no enemy to him, but that did make her worry about what would have happened if an agent had found him standing out here alone before she had arrived.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:14 pm
Beira flashed a quick, small smile. “I’m all right, yes. I suppose I've got a lot going on, I sort of threw all of my energy into trying to figure out what's calling me. Now I'm too invested. I'm going to keep walking in this direction, I think that's where it's coming from. Do you want to come with me? Now that I’ve felt this strange energy, I can’t help but want to know what it is. And, if it’s someone in trouble…”

He didn't have to finish the thought and shrugged slightly, apologetically.

“Unless you needed help with something? I’m sorry, I don’t mean to rush you when you’ve only just got here.” He extended his hand. “I’m Beira, Senshi of Loneliness.”

Shanyume

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:10 pm
So, she’d been right. The Senshi could sense something beyond her own range.

How troublesome, she thought to herself. It didn’t sit well with her that as a Page, there could be dangers that lurked out beyond her own range of sensing or even stalking her from a distance and she would remain unaware. They would know exactly where she was meanwhile she’d remain oblivious to them.

Still, by his tone, she suspected that whatever, or whomever, had caught his attention was less of a threat than say a feral youma or corrupt.

“Rainier, Page of Mercury,” she accepted his extended hand in formal greeting. “I’m just out patrolling. Finished work and wasn’t quite ready to go home yet.” Being put in a position where she had to draw her gun instead of a taser was enough to set her adrenaline on overdrive. Fortunately, no shots were fired but it did leave her in a state of mind where fresh air was needed

“If you want to go check out what’s over there,” Rainier nodded in the direction he’d been looking when she happened upon him. “I wouldn’t mind accompanying you. I might not have any magic yet but I have enough training in self-defense that I could at least be a reliable pair of hands if things go south.” Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Her weapon, fortunately, wasn’t as useless as some other Page’s she’d met. Even a few lieutenants had trinkets that made her question if all base ranks, regardless of faction, were treated as some cosmic joke until they could prove their worth and be given something viable to use in a fight.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:13 pm
He shook her hand gladly, and managed another smile. “Sometimes company is its own reward. Hopefully we won’t get into any trouble. It doesn’t feel threatening, just…there. But I’m grateful to have a reliable pair of hands.”

He seemed a bit more aware, and a bit more focused now that he had an ally in this adventure.

When he dropped her hand, he began making his way up the hill. “Did you take self-defense before or after you become a Page? I feel like there’s still so much that I’m behind on. I have the benefit of magic, but I suppose I should learn to fight more. I just,” he paused; something rippled in front of them, and though he was cautious he was curious.

He was searching for something strange, so he hesitated briefly and then continued walking–right through the bubble on the hill. He disappeared from sight almost immediately, but there was a splash of rippling color just in front of Rainier, as if he was there, just scattered. Just a few feet in front of her, past the strange bubble.

Shanyume

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:04 am
She was about to tell him that she was actually a police officer and taught women's self-defense courses at least once a month when his curiosity got the better of him and he stepped through some strange barrier.

“Beira?” her voice sounded panicked as she reached out and touched the surface but quickly withdrew her hand. That’s not right… “Beira?” she shouted a bit louder this time as she unclasped her weapon from her wrist and extended the cord that connected it there. The fiber optic wire was held taught as she hesitantly followed after him.

For all the things she expected to see, this was not one of them. The Senshi, yes; alive and in one piece- thankfully. But another man sat a short distance away; golden eyes watching them with an almost amused glint as he laced his fingers together. Rainier leaned in towards the Senshi and held a hand up to keep the mysterious … honestly she wasn’t sure what he was because he didn’t look human, but didn’t look like the vanguard either. Either way, she didn’t want him to read her lips as she whispered questions only loud enough for Beira to hear.

“Any idea who this is?” The table before him displayed an array of different trinkets and dodads. Some were recognizable, like a skateboard which seemed a bit out of place, whereas others looked like antiques from civilization not on this planet. From where she stood it was difficult to make out any fine details but it appeared that they were some sort of tradesmen; like those people at flea markets.

A peculiar thing to see and truth be told, Rainier didn’t quite trust him. Not after what happened after the Vanguard arrived. Although she hadn't been involved in the ambush, she had been sucked into the aftermath of it which affected both her powered and civilian life as she chased around leads pertaining to people who had disappeared that night.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:28 pm
“I’m here,” Beira answered quickly; he turned to face her and offered a brief smile. “I’m sorry. I have no idea.”

The relief was short lived, if only because he hadn’t seen any purple, horned men before. He wasn’t even sure what he was looking at, not at first; he wanted to think it was someone in a costume, but he could feel the magic that was coming from him.

He didn’t know him. Didn’t know what to make of him. He didn’t want to stare but he didn’t know what was going on anymore. It felt like he’d stepped into a dream.

Shanyume

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:28 pm
The strange man across the way clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth and adjusted positions just slightly. “You can stay over there whispering if you really want to, or you can come over here and take a peek at what I’ve got for trade. I don’t bite.”

He smiled, though, revealing perfectly pearly white teeth that looked suspiciously sharp.

There was something dually charismatic and dangerous about him and he seemed to embody both of them too much not to be aware of it.

“I’ve met plenty of Knights and Senshi while I’m here. I’m sure if you ask around you’ll find many happy customers. Or you can just come see for yourself.”

Shanyume
Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:06 pm
Rainier felt wary about the whole situation. By all accounts, the man should either be a member of the Vanguard or have a chaos aura belonging to a humanoid youma. Unfortunately, she had yet to run into either to know the difference. Still there stories she'd heard second hand left her feeling suspicious of his motives.

"I hope that the barrier is meant to keep others out and not us in... If things start to get dangerous I suggest we run rather than fight." Even with there being two of them she was almost certain that the mysterious man could easily overpower them both.

Her stance relaxed only a little yet she still maintained a firm hold on her weapon as she approached the table full of strange items. Many appeard to be relics of lost civilizations or cultures but not from and she had learned of in school. A couple trinkets had knight symbols she recognized; Uranus and Polaris specifically. But then thre were some modern things there such as a skateboard which seemed strangely out of place.

"Where did you obtain all of these items?" she asked. A bit of her authoritative police officer tone slipping through as she suspected these may have been stolen or somehow illegally obtained. However, she was certain that Destiny City could not enforce any punishment if he was found guilty of a crime for pillaging or raiding dead or abandoned worlds and wonders.

Quote:

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:39 pm
“Here and there,” the Merchant answered readily, with a smile that seemed completely confident in his innocence. He didn’t seem intimidated by the tone. “I get around quite a bit. Never a good idea to stay in the same place for too long. So much of the universe is empty, it does get a bit lonely. Come, perhaps we can make a trade. I’m a very open minded man. My only wish is to shift my collection. I’ve got quite the assortment and I’m looking to downsize. I’ve got so many treasures–so many fragile treasures. I just can’t stand the idea of anything I care about getting damaged. So, I’m just trying to find good homes for anything. Surely you and your friend must be interested in something? I think I’ve got a little bit of something for anyone. I only ask for a worthwhile trade. So,” he leaned forward and presented his perfectly practiced, perfectly charming smile.

“Why don’t you take a peek around and let me know if there’s anything you’re interested in? Perhaps something special you’re looking for?”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:39 pm
Beira was visibly on edge. He agreed with her sentiments, but just in case there was any risk of them being trapped here, he stuck his hand out to touch the barrier and–

His fingers disappeared through it. He could feel the warm summer air outside.

He didn’t think they were trapped there, probably. It eased his nerves just a bit, but he seemed content to let her do the talking. He watched while the Merchant spoke, and glanced over his collection.

There were a lot of things he recognized, but even more that he didn’t.

…He wasn’t sure what sort of trade might have been worth these ‘treasures’ but he couldn’t help but feel like there was just something off about all of it.

And yet, his eyes kept drifting to a small blue box, less than the width of his wrist but the length of his forearm, easily. There was a blue ribbon and a silver seal on it and it just looked familiar. He wanted to pick it up and examine it, but he didn’t want to be reckless. He didn’t even know what they were trading, anyway–for all he knew, it could be their souls.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:10 am
Rainier broke eye contact with the horned man for but a fraction of a moment to glance down at his wares with a more critical eye. Her gaze did not wander long before snapping back up to him then over to Beira curiously then back to him again. It was clear she felt uneasy as her hold on the weapon remained constant despite her attempts to relax her stance.

Again she hazarded a glance at the table then shook her head.

There were no items that drew her attention in the same way that the small decorative box seemed to call the Senshi beside her. “I’m sorry, I have nothing on me worth trading.” If she was powered down then maybe but it would be only modern things that could be purchased at most general goods stores. Unfortunately, as things stood, her subspace was rather empty aside from some snacks and a thermos full of iced coffee.

“Is that thing familiar to you?” Rainier directed the question at Beira after noticing his almost fixed stare.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:16 am
The merchant watched as Beira stared at the box, but when the Senshi made no effort to reach for it, he did instead. “Is it familiar? I am a procurer of lost things, you know. Among other oddities and treasures. And I’m willing to part with them. For the right price. A trade, of one good for another. It’s a shame you have nothing of value,” he said, but seemed sympathetic to Rainier all the same.

“But, I’ll be back. Maybe next time you’ll keep me in mind. What about you, Senshi?”

He brushed his fingers over the surface of the box contemplatively before he opened it. Inside, there was a neatly rolled map. “Are you interested?”

Shanyume

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am
Beira glanced between the merchant and Rainier for a moment. When it came to trades, he didn’t think he had much of value. Nothing that would be of interest to a faraway space alien, at least. Not one who had treasures aplenty.

He should have left, too. He should have refrained from offering anything; he didn’t know this man. Didn’t know what he was offering to trade.

…But he knew that it was calling to him.

It took him a moment to consider just how badly he wanted it, and just how much he was willing to trade for it.

From subspace, he produced a single, frosty disk. It was roughly the size of a dinner plate but it seemed to capture all light that hit it, and it held onto it before reflecting it out the other side, brighter. “...I found this on my homeworld,” he explained quietly, but excluded the fact that he’d found others. It seemed like the purpose of the object was easy enough to decipher; it almost seemed as though it was just some magical sort of glow in the dark light. It absorbed whatever light hit it and glowed brighter, almost like a flashlight. Even just under the moon and starlight, and whatever magical light that shone under Almadel’s dome, it seemed to gather the light from all around them.

“...Would this be acceptable?”

He asked Almadel specifically, but his eyes were on Rainier, as if asking for her approval to make such a trade.

…It was hard to tell when an alien was swindling you, so as far as he was concerned, this still counted as watching his back.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff