Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[S-Reg]How interesting... (Merchant and Selinur)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:04 pm
Quote:
It was already late in the evening but the merchant seemed unfazed by the passing of time. He sat, poised and elegant, watching the world around him. He didn’t seem bored, even as he leaned forward and laced his fingers atop the table; below it, he kept his toe tapping to some silent tune in his head. He was tall, by human standards, though while sitting down he didn’t seem particularly threatening. If you didn’t look at his face.

He had graceful features--sharp and refined. His chin and nose tapered to a point, giving him an air of sophistication, but that, combined with his slitted eyes and pointed teeth, there was something undeniably predatory about him. He watched with a hungry gaze and a mischievous, nearly sinister smile. His ears were pointed and were prominent despite being tucked behind his vibrant, multi-colored hair. The most intrusive feature that indicated there was something not human about him were the curling horns protruding from his temples and the oil-slick black scales that brushed his cheeks and forehead. He was well dressed, in a fashion obviously otherworldly, and seemed to enjoy dressing himself up in glistening gemstones.

His table was somehow both simple and overwhelming; it was draped in a dark purple tablecloth, with extravagant embroidery in different designs. Scattered neatly atop the table was an array of items that seemed to carry some magical weight to them.

He did not seem intimidated in the slightest and, upon noticing that the barrier surrounding him rippled when his visitor entered, he smiled.

He did not rise to meet them nor adjust his position in the slightest. He followed them with his fierce eyes and greeted, in a silky voice, “Welcome.”

Selinur had not heard of the merchant but as he explored the city he grew needy to see the forest and woods not far from the city, just outside the city limits, as he was from the woods and forests of his own home planet. There had never been big cities on his planet, not like here anyway. This was all new to him and while he did like exploring and learning, there was a lot to learn, he found himself needing to return to what he was somewhat familiar with.

It was by accident that he found himself stepping right into the Merchant's bubble and found himself staring at the figure. This wasn't a senshi, like himself, but this wasn't human and from this planet either. Thankfully he didn't feel like chaos either, that he could deal with. "So what are you?" Right to the point, he might as well be, there was no reason to beat around the bush really. As he spoke the senshi approached the table to glance over it carefully.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:36 am
The merchant raised his brows curiously when Selinur approached. “Just a simple merchant,” he answered, but he’d sat up a little straighter at his table as he examined the Senshi before him.

Obviously not a human, and obviously not from Earth. This seemed incredibly curious to him, and he almost even seemed impressed. “What about you?” he asked curiously. “Here on vacation, or…? I mean, I have to be honest, I haven’t seen many other visitors here. Not that I was planning to claim Earth as my own or anything, but still. I’m surprised to see that you’ve traveled so far. How did you get here? If you don’t mind me asking. It’s just, I know it must have been a very long trip, no?”

Sleet Tempest Snape

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:15 pm
Normally he'd keep things to himself, his secrets, and information. Those were things which he'd normally guard, as would his people, but not now and not here on this planet. He needed to work with others, as much as he detested the idea, he would need them and they clearly needed help. This stranger however wasn't from here either, he was certain of this.

"I'm from Selinur." His planet had been a resort planet, filled with tourists from all over the cosmos. They valued the privacy of their clients, at least from everyone else, and let their wintery planet become a hub for people to travel to and conduct business on.

"A burst of energy reached me on selinur - a call. It allowed me off of my planet so I took it." He would not remain here but he would regroup here, he would take the time to plan. "I am not here on vacation - my planet is dead...I will revive it however. This is a....a place to rest my head in the meantime." Fishing for the right words to use, the right phrase, it wasn't easy as he wasn't familiar with many phrases they'd use on this planet. He was still learning, and he had a lot of that to do.

"What have you learned about this planet, and it's people, while you've been here/" Never mind, for now, how long the other had been here or what he was here for...if it was good or bad.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:18 pm
Selinur?” the Merchant repeated, deeply invested now. “That’s very interesting. I’m sorry to hear about your world. It’s just fascinating that you’d wind up here. I saw that burst of energy. Felt it, too. I’m glad nothing here’s changed. Earth really is full of miracles, hm? You must be special. I thought everyone on Selinur was dead. If you didn’t look so serious, I’d even think you were pulling my leg.”

He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, significantly more interested in learning about Selinur than he was about answering his questions. “You’ll have to tell me how you’ve been living there. As for Earth, well. I think it might be impossible to summarize what I’ve learned about Earth and its people. I’ve been coming here on and off for a while now. They’re just people. Oh, and a lot of Senshi and Knights have been born here. No doubt because it’s one of the few places in the universe that can sustain any sort of life. Of course, Cosmos must be up to something. There’s also Chaos here, but. They’ve all been friendly to me, so I’m sure they can work out their problems. Or,” he shrugged, “Earth will just be the next dead rock. But I rather like this place, so hopefully none of that will come to pass. You should enjoy Earth while you’re here, though. Just in case.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:41 am
Of course the other alien knew of his planet, not many didn't, even those who could never visit had likely heard of it. News of famous people, of digniteries, visiting the planet and being spotted there had been once common place. Now though his planet was dead and empty and no one was around to visit. What life exsisted beyond his planet, and side from Earth, he did not know. Maybe, however this alien would know?

"That burst of energy allowed me to come here, it is a good thing this planet has so much life and is the miracle that it is." Or he might not be here, but rather back home. "It kept me alive, it had to. It was hoping something could be done...but I had not the resources on Selinur in order to revive it." He hoped to gain what he'd need while here, he just needed to figure it out. "I assume you've been to Selinur so you should know we are a rather serious sort of people." Serious people who dealt in secrets and information...they just kept it all to themselves, in case they ever needed it. They were not the fighters who would go and fight it out with someone...but they were the sort to use information against someone to deal with them, it was why no one knew what they knew or how much they knew. They kept their weapons to themselves.

"Wandering...and with little to eat, just enough to survive. Nothing else lives, aside from what little I need, the tempatures kept me underground more than anything else." It was too warm and he was not built to deal with the heat. He'd never experienced such warmth until things had gone downhill. The planet was not built for heat.

"Mmm, Cosmos must be indeed. Why did this place survive whilst so many others did not. Some of the strongest armies would have fallen, planets with far more life than here. It is a wonder so many fell, if what you say is true, and yet here...there is life. It has, I assume, flourished here and I wonder why. The universe is full of Chaos...but it cannot be allowed to rule. I wonder though...what their role here is. If Cosmos is playing a game, planning something, there must be a reason she allows Chaos to remain here as well."

Indeed, he hoped this place did not become a dead rock as well. There was a lot here and promise, hope, those were things he found when looking at this place. "I will enjoy it as much as I can, but my priority is finding a way to help my own planet." And he would do it, he had no other option, he would suceed. "Did everyone fall around the time of the silver millenium? We lost contact with other planets when things went downhill and a virus broke out across Selinur. We tried to call for help, from those planets with more medical knowledge than us, but none came to us. From some we heard nothing...from others denial - they had issues." They had tried, they had done something they'd never done before. They had reached out to others for help, offered whatever they could in return, there had been pleading and near begging for aid. None had come. Had it just not been possible rather than others uncaring about their plight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:25 pm
“Oh, you talk a lot for someone from Selinur. Very chatty. But I suppose being alone for so long will do that to a person. I’m a bit worldly, myself.” When he wanted to be.

He smiled sweetly at Selinur. “You’ve got a lot of questions. Understandably so. Cosmos and I aren’t really on speaking terms, she’s not much of the bartering sort, so I’m afraid I don’t have such answers. Fascinating that you’re still here, though. I haven’t heard of anything coming out of Selinur in, oh. Quite a while, I suppose. You’re right about that Chaos, it’s been tucking itself away in a lot of corners. Lot of the universe isn’t quite safe. You mentioned that the temperature’s been hard on you–I might have something to help. If you’re interested in a trade. I’ve got this,” he said, and pulled out a pretty silver necklace. An opalescent white snowflake pendant hung from it, only the size of a half dollar, but when he held it out he shook it a few times and little snowflakes seemed to sprinkle out. “It’s cold to the touch. Makes things a little more bearable. A little too chilly to wear most of the year, but if you’re having a temperature problem back home, it’ll drop your body temperature a good few degrees. Here, try it on if you like.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:16 pm
"Yes, and right now I need to learn more about where I am." And to learn he might also have to give, and offer some information, that didn't mean he'd give secerts up. This one had traveled the Cosmos and knew his home world was dead. That was no secret. The fact he'd still been alive had been, of course, but it was also obvious he'd been alive...and it had to have been his planets doing somehow.

The pendant that was offered, and the promise of being cooler, was enough for him to pull from pocket space a few precious seeds which glistened like drops of ice. They were snowdrop seeds, he kept several with him, he would offer a few and keep the rest in the hopes of replanting and cultivating the plants once his homeworld was safe for them.

"What i've said to you is no secret and easy for someone, such as yourself, to find out." Though he was interested in Cosmos and what she was up to, it had to be something. Perhaps he could find a way to meet with her? He wasn't certain how to go about gaining her attention on Earth, with so many senshi and knights here, but he would try.

"Once I get my feet under me I can say for certain I won't be so....talkative." It was a need right now however.

"Do we have a deal?" Already reaching for the pendant as he held out his own offer. "They need the cold to grow...they like wet soil."

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:03 am
“Oh, you’ll find no judgment from me,” the Merchant said, waving his hand a bit dismissively. “Personally, I like the chatty sort. We have a deal, yes.”

He pulled a little metal box from somewhere unseen, some secret trove tucked beneath the tablecloth. It was an ornate little thing, old and well used; when he opened it, the insides were lined with velvet, and it felt a little cool. “If you’ll put them in here, yes. I think this should preserve them. Those are–forgive me, I’m an occasional connoisseur–those are Snowdrop Seeds, yes? I haven’t handled any in quite a while. But if they are as you say, it’s a good trade for me. I’ve been very much in the market for seeds and anything more I might grow.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:59 pm
"They are snowdrop seeds." He confirmed with a nod of his head. He'd gathered them from some of the last plants and stored them away, for safe keeping, so one day he'd be able to regrow them. Here, on Earth, didn't seem like the right place but perhaps once he'd revived his planet, and the cold had returned, he'd be able to plant them. Letting the seeds fall into the small, chill, little box he took the offered necklace and went to decorate his neck with the jewlery.

"I'm sure, if you travel a lot, you can find some who have worked with tham and can provide you a list of their uses and how to prepare the plants once grown." Though of course he'd suggest waiting till he had a suffecient amount of plants before using any, so he had enough to reproduce on their own.

"I thank you, this planet might just be a bit more pleasent with your gift." He'd be putting this to use here, on this planet, as it was much too warm for him. Shuddering in pleasure as the cold seeped past the layers of clothing he gave a pleased smile - perfect.

"I do hope you travel safely, once you leave here. I do wonder though....have you a way to comminucate with others, who might be far away? To let them know of where you are and you're well being?" Not that he cared for the others well being, though perhaps this alien would think he was asking because of possibly concerned family or friends. But really...if this one here was able to travel the Cosmos, and meet others, than Selinur would like updates perhaps and more importantly - information.

"I wouldn't mind knowing where you are visiting while away from here...and what plants remain and continue on. Perhaps alliles who I've lost contact with." Though his planet had never had allies, they kept to themselves, but surely some had thought themselves cclose to the people of Selinur and even, mistakenly, thought themselves allies. It wasn't his, or anyone elses, fault if people assumed such things. Who would they be to have ever corrected them.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:17 pm
Almadel smiled sweetly, like he had an array of thoughts that he was keeping to himself but he thought it was sweet that Seliur was giving suggestions about traveling and finding people. “You’re very thoughtful, thank you. Communication isn’t always easy in the stars. Cell phones don’t really work, and it’s not like I have email out there. Sometimes I drop in and visit here, it’s not always just for the Star Festival. Most of the time it is, that’s my favorite. I’ve got good business elsewhere, but.” He shrugged.

“Maybe one of these days I’ll see if I can’t borrow a Mauvian to help me. Depends on what they want to trade for it.”

He hummed thoughtfully. “Food for thought, for another day. For now, I’ve only got one way to get in contact with me, and it’s for special occasions. But, I suppose I can share.”

He flicked his wrist and produced a simple, glossy, black card. On one side, an ornate symbol that looked incredibly similar to a fingerprint. It was printed with a red, holographic ink.

On the other side, in opalescent ink, a single word in elegant script: Almadel.

"It takes a drop of blood," he said, nodding to the card. "...Press your finger into it. A bit dramatic, I know, but if I didn’t have precautions in place I’d get calls all the time, and it’s just not practical for me to be spreading myself so thin. It’ll only work once, so make sure it’s important.”

He smiled, and held the card out between two fingers.

“Maybe the next time I’m visiting you can buy me dinner and we can chit chat about my travels.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:37 pm
Taking the offered card the senshi of glaze ice couldn't help but smile at the other. The card managed a vansihing act, slipping up the tight sleeve of his green top, as the senshi tilted his head. "Dinner the next time your here - what about this time?" He questioned. It really had been a long time since he'd been around anyone else, even his own people, perhaps too long. But he was, as he'd saidearlier, trying to adapt to fit the needs he had at present. He needed to be a bit more social and willing to talk...to share some information.

"I'd very much like to hear from you, while you travel, to know what is going on in space...I doubt anyone would notice if a Mauvian went missing for a short while. I'm also fairly certain one could be tempted into helping you if they knew where you were calling to - and more imrpotantly just what this plant is made up of." So many senshi and knights reborn here and now other senshi, like himself, arriving here somehow.

"If not dinner tonight than perhaps something else? Unless dinner tonight would be...tempting as well." He'd have to take on a more human look, which he didn't like, but it would be worth it.

"We can perhaps broker other...deals...tonight."

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:39 pm
“Oh,” he sighed, and almost sounded like he was pining. “What I wouldn’t give. But,” he gestured to his table. “I’m afraid that I’ve got quite the supply I’ve got to unload. You’re quite a charming thing, though. I’ll tell you what, the next time I’m in town, I’ll see if I can’t give you a call. I’m sure you’ve got many stories, don’t you?”

He rested his elbows on the table and leaned forward, batting his eyelashes at Selinur.

“Perhaps I’ll share some of mine, too.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:04 pm
"Stories I have." Those were better to share than secrets, those had far more value to him. Stories he could share though...and he gladly would, especially if it gained him a very nice night.

"I'll make that deal. T he next time you're here we'll share stories and entertain each other." He'd like that very much. "I'm sure you'll make the wait worth my while." So he would wait, because he was sure it would be worth it.

"Now, you get back to your trades and make some good deals." He stated as he leaned down and ghosted his lips dangerously close to the others. "I'm sure you have some very desirable items to offer for trade." Strightening himself he stepped back from the table. "I thank you for the necklace, it'll keep me nice and chilly." Which he would very much enjoy, as he did prefer the cold...it was so nice.

"I'll think of you."

The Space Cauldron
I think you can end with your post if you want.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games