User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The soft crunch of the melting snow could be heard as a feline walked down from the coldness of the mountains where she made home. She grumbles, not liking to be off of the mountains where she could hunt easily. "... Why now?" She whispered. "Okay.. I am here!" She called out to the woods. The head of the herd, Snowlily needed her but she didn't know why. She looked around the wood, flickering her ears. Sounds of wings flapping slightly could be heard from within the woods.

The glint of what seems to be stars appears slowly between the trees. The feline narrowed her eyes at the glint. "... What ...." A purple goat like winged feline landed onto a tree stump before the feline. "Nichi! Wh.. what are you doing here?" Nichibotsu looked towards the feline. "Izzie.. I know Ms. Snowlily told you that she needed you but she sent me instead. "Since the herd is getting bigger to where they are started to spread out in areas we can't reach. We felt that we needed to ask you if you could figure out what to do about protection." Isabella flicks her ears before sighing. "... I had a feeling that this would happen. I have prayed to the goddess night after night for an answer. I know Yugure can't be everywhere. I can only stay where the ones within our herd need the snow to survive, protecting them.

Nichi nodded softly. "I know.. I know.. We didn't want to ask you but felt the need. If you could.. look for someone that would be ideal for our herd? I know you don't like outsiders but.. deep down, you know we need...." Isabella's ears went down and nodded. "... I'll take a few days to stay in the woods to try to find someone that..." She hated to admit that they needed another to protect the herd especially since Snowlily is getting up in the years where she can't fully do leader duties. Isabella locked eyes with Nichi. "... Tell her I'll do it. There can be no promises.. You know that, right, Nichi?" The feline goat nodded her head. "I know.. I'll tell her. But I need to get back to Venus. She needs help with the herbs." Isabella nodded softly. "Go ahead." She stretched slightly before looking at the mountains where her home is. "... I'll be home soon."

Nichi nodded and flew quickly back to where Venus had been living. Isabella stretched slightly. "Goddess.. Give me strength. Show me the way." She glanced at the full moon and stars. She closes her eyes as if to allow herself to sense things once again. A growl escaped from her lips right when she took off into the woods. Her ears flattened against her skull, Sounds of paws thundering against the grounds of the woods. Branches broke against her body. This went on what seems to be hours. She glanced in every direction she could, jumping off of falling trunks or rocks. "Goddess..." She uttered out between gasps of air.

The light within the woods got weaker and weaker without her knowing. She continue to run, following blinding in a path. Scratches and blood could be seen on her body. Isabella skid to a stop at the sounds of howls. She perks up with her hackles raised. That is when she realized that she was deep part of the woods.. a place that is rarely visited by anyone. She glanced around in the area. "Hello?" She called out into the trees. Trees swayed to allow the light of the moon be leaked in. A whisper appear in her ear. "Settle down, child.." The feline looked around once more, startled slightly then looked up at the moon for a moment. "... My Goddess...Why here?" A canine paw appears onto the ground, almost like an answer was given to her. Isabella took a step back. "It is okay, child.. It is okay." were the words whispered to her. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves, watching the paw. "... W.. Who are you?" The canine soon stepped more into the light. It was a deep black wolf that was big as her, if not bigger than her. "... The name is unknown to me." The wolf spoke in a deep breath. "You do not need to worry. You are safe. I was beckoned by the very same goddess you are aligned to."

Isabella glanced at the moon once more then at the wolf, stepping closer to it. Her eyes widened at the wolf. ".... Just.. what are you?" The wolf lets out a sigh while tilting his head at her. "All I know I am a wolf that seems to be different than others. You are Isabella, aren't you?" Isabella's ears perked up once again. It was that moment that she knew that she had to trust her goddess. "..I am Isabella. Wh.. Why was I led here?" The male wolf moves closer to her slowly. "I cannot supply the answer because I am wondering as well. It seems that we are fated to meet." She curled her claws into the ground, understanding his words. "Perhaps.." Her ears flattened down. "My herd leader, Ms. Snowlily sent me to look for someone.. a protector." Moments of silence appeared between them.

The wolf looks towards her. pawing the ground slightly. "..... A protector?" Isabella nodded softly. "The herd is getting too big and she is worried that we aren't safe. We have a couple of protectors, me and a kitsune." She glanced into his golden eyes. "..." Unsaid words were spoken between them. The silence went on what seems to be a lifetime until it was broken by the wolf. "Ms. Isabella..." Isabella shakes her head at him. "Please.. don't call me that. Just Izzie.." The wolf chuckled softly. "Okay... Izzie. It is clear to me that our goddess led both of us to each other. I can't help but obey her. I know deep down you have to as well." Isabella nodded softly. "...Yes.." The wolf walked to her. "Well then.. It seems that I made a new friend. We can talk as you lead me to your herd." Isabella tilts her head at him as if she was a bit wary for a few moments. "... Okay.. But if you try to hurt anyone in the herd.. I will have to send the most vicious one after you." She says with a laugh. The wolf arched his brow at her.

Isabella smiled at him, turning to where she had ran from. "Don't worry.. She won't bite... much. Just alot of questions." The male laughs softly. "Well.. I am scared of that." He said jokingly. "But on a serious note.. Why did she send you?" Izzie looked towards him as they started walking to get out of the woods. "I don't even know. I am the one that is wary of outsiders. Ms. Snowlily has a sixth sense of things. She always seem to know what to do. That and our goddess 'spoke' if you know what I mean." The wolf glanced at her. "The whispers.. So you do get them." She nodded softly, ducking under a thick branch. "Mostly on a full moon night like tonight." She flicks her tail behind her. "The herd has so many different types of soquilis. We have someone who is very small like a moth you see on trees.. to a dinosaur that is quite easy to spot." She laughs. "She tells me that this is the herd I am meant to be in." She looks towards the wolf who smiled. "Sounds like a herd that is fun to get to know over time. But why are you wary of outsiders?"

She felt her heart stopped for a moment. "... Because many of us have gotten hurt by others. The small soquilis mostly. Ms. Snowlily got hurt far too many times. Her heart is.. " She shakes her head. "We had been picky of who to allow into the herd. But then again... some of us can't help but take in the troubled ones." The male wolf arched his brow. "Troubled ones?" Isabella nodded softly. "Some of us were not treated kindly by others.. by humans.. by anyone ready. I just want to warn you.. It'll take awhile for some of us to accept you including me." He frowned softly. "... Well.. I'll make it my goal to be accepted because.. you sought me out. Not for yourself but for the herd. That is something that is hard for some to do." She nodded softly. "Yes..."

The woods finally thinned out as they walked into a meadow. Both had to close their eyes for a moment to adjust to the moonlight. Isabella was the first to open her eyes, looking towards the home for most of the herd across the meadow and lake. "... That is where most of us live." The wolf looked at her then in the direction that she was gesturing to. "It looks quite comfy and filled with love." Isabella smirked at him. "That is what Ms. Snowlily do.. She makes sure every one of us is accepted by everyone. Love is what needed in the herd. Not for a mate.. but for a family." She stopped at tree trunk, glancing at him. "Do you think you can handle the craziness?"

"... I am not a wolf for nothing. I take pride in being part of a pack. What I have seen in my life is nothing compared to what I see here. Craziness is what I know." The wolf said cheekily. Isabella giggled softly. "Oh, you'll do.. You definitely will do..." She says while glancing at the moment for a moment. The stars got brighter at the same time. The two continues to talk as Isabella led him across the meadow. Will the wolf be accepted and loved as part of the family? Only time will tell..