Lily stood with a brush behind Colin's highchair, brushing his blonde curls into a ponytail while he munched on some grapes. "Eli, can you grab his bag and put an extra change of clothes in it."

She smiled as her son hummed their current favorite song. They were obsessed with Bridgerton the musical on tiktok, for months now. They even got Eli singing Burn for You. She happily hummed along with him.

-----

Eli did not understand Bridgerton, but it made his wife and son happy so he would sing with them when asked. He snagged a grape from Collins bowl, booping him gently on the nose. There were always questions about their son anytime they went out, because of the blonde locks. Apparently that comes from both sides of the family, with his mom being a blonde as well as Lilys.

He packed Colin’s bag with one extra outfit just in case, watching Lily do his hair.

-------

Lily laughed when Colin squealed, peels of laughter escaping him at the boop on his nose. She finished his hair and went to put the brush, hair lotion and spray bottle away. “I think I'm going to give him some braids tomorrow. If I give him a snack and his tablet, I think I'll be able to get it done. What do you think?”

-------

Eli started to make faces at Colin, rubbing noses with him. He pulled back to look at the ponytail, pretending to scrutinize. “Hmmmmmmn……I'd give it a….2/10.” He winked, kissing Lily on the cheek. “You did great honey, I think you can accomplish great things as long as you give Colin his tablet with some dinosaurs from youtube on it. Grapes, definitely grapes for the snack.” Eli moved to pick Colin up from his highchair, blowing a raspberry on his tummy, the giggles that followed were like music to his ears. Who would've thought having a kid would be something that he was good at? “Ready to go see the turtles with mommy and daddy?”

--------

Lily raised a brow at her husband and laughed, “so mean sir.” She gave him a dopey smile as he agreed about the tablet to braid Colin’s hair, watching him as he picked up their son and loved on him. She again wondered how she got so lucky with Eli.

Colin bounced in his daddy’s arms and cheered, clapping his hands, “da Zoooo, Daddy, da zooooo … I wanna see da lelligaver too.”

Lily covered her mouth smothering a laugh, “oh course we can see the alligators. But I think you need shoes first.” She tickled his little toes and booped his nose.

-------

“Yes and then we can also go see the turtles too.” Eli looked over to Lily, “Think his ninja turtle flops will do?” His grandma bought them for Colin just last month for summer, but he figured it would be warm enough to bypass tennis shoes. “Maybe next time we can invite everyone else too.” They haven't had a full “family” outing in a bit, and he was sure Colin was excited to play with some of his cousins. “Have you seen your Brother’s new clinic yet?”

--------

Lily thought about it for a moment, “I dont see why not, it's been 70’s all week. I’ll just pack his Vans in case he needs something warmer.” She went and grabbed the shoes from the front closet to put in his bag.” She looked up when Eli suggested inviting the rest of the family, “I think that would be fun, that has to definitely be planned out, especially with Silas only being three days old. He’s a cute little guy, looks just like Ryan.”

She sat the bag down and pulled a hair tie out to pull the front of her hair up into a bun, the back was still cut short, but the half up bun made for a cute look. “Yes, I've been once, but not since they started decorating. He’s going to have a party to celebrate the grand opening, so we’ll all get to see it.”

-----------

Eli finished putting on Colin's new flip flops, wincing when he decided to tug on his hair a little. “Colin, daddy's hair is not a toy, we talked about this, remember?” He picked up the bag with Colin on his hip, “Oh? What date? I'm not sure if he told me…” Xander might’ve, but if it was over the phone while he was gaming [Elden ring is his current game of choice for personal and streaming], nine times out of ten he wasn't listening. He waited for Lily to finish putting her hair in a bun before heading to the door. “All set right? Want me to drive?”

---------

"He hasn't picked a date yet, but it will be in the week the clinic opens, probably a few days before, so sometime in the middle or end of May."

She grinned at her husband and nodded, "yes please."

She opened the front door, walking out and holding it for Eli, who had Colin and the bag, before locking up as he headed to his car. They needed a day out, life felt so busy lately.

---------

Eli gave Lily a quick kiss in thanks, placing Colin in his carseat. "Hey buddy, you want your tablet so you can play with your Dino pets on the way to the zoo?" He gave his son his tablet after an enthusiastic nod. He really liked this kids tablet but he also knew he shouldn't rely on it to babysit. He never understood why parents did that, his own included (whenever they weren't high or drunk that is).

----------

Lily smiled at her husband as she got into the car buckling up and pulling out her phone. She shot a text to their friends group chat, suggesting a zoo day for the little ones in the future. She wanted to see how the others felt about it, even if they couldn't do it this month with Silas being so new to the world.

“How about we go to the restaurant after the zoo, as long as Colin isn't over stimulated. You know the one, with the amazing biscuits.”

------------

Eli pulled out, driving to the zoo. “We could, I'm sure Colin will be fine. He might work up an appetite while we’re out anyway. That restaurant wasn't fancy right? Don't feel like dressing up.” He will never get used to the fact that his wife was well off and he was a stay at home father, he never thought his life would be heading in that direction, not one bit.

-----------

Lily shook her head and sighed, “no … your thinking of the french restaurant … the one we had our rehearsal dinner at, not that one.” She sat back thinking for a moment, “the one that’s a little ways down from the mall … I think it was called Texas something.”

“We went there with Cass, Mercy and the kids, remember?”

She looked back at Colin, “you remember right baby, the yummy biscuits!”

----------

Once he made it to the zoo [if he was being honest, Eli hated driving, no one knew how to be safe and it was really stressful], Eli started looking for a parking spot. It was a nice day in DC, and apparently everyone had the same idea. “Texas Roadhouse? Yeah we can do that. Been wanting a good steak anyway.” He finally found a parking spot and turned off the car. Thinking about Cass and Mercy made him snort. Their kids are hilarious. “Alright, ready?”

------------

She smiled when her son grinned and nodded, telling his daddy about biscuits, only half of what the two year old was saying even making any sense. She shook her head as Eli parked, nodding when he asked if they were ready. She went to grab the stroller out of the trunk though she was sure Colin would insist on walking at first. She put the bag in the bottom and looked to see if Eli needed any help with Colin.

-----------

Eli stepped out of the car, opening the door to grab his son. Of course the two year old bable was only half understandable, but that's what made it all so very adorable. He decided to carry Colin for the first bit until he wanted to walk. “Alright here we go~ Hang onto daddy alright?” He maneuvered the toddler to sit on his shoulders, leaning down just slightly to kiss Lily on top of her head before walking. The entrance was a little low so he had to duck in order to make sure he could fit through with his son. He was sure Lily would take care of the tickets, so he kept going, waiting for her to catch up.

Kaori_luv