Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Kindness (Chad + Elliot) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:35 pm
Follows Somewhere Safe

After seeing Devyn off, Chad went back to hugging Oliver tightly. How that his heart had calmed and the adrenaline had faded, there was another kind of dread that was growing inside him.

“I don’t want to go home,” he mumbled, and then pulled back enough to look up at Oliver in earnest. “Can I stay here tonight, please? They won’t notice I’m gone, I promise. I just… I don’t want to go back yet.”

It was the weekend, so surely it would be fine, right? It was just school days that they made sure he was around.

Kyuseisha no Hikarix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:03 pm
Oliver chewed on the inside of his cheek; he glanced into the kitchen, where Asher and Elliot were still working on dinner, and draped his arms around Chad’s shoulders so he could hold him.

“Of course you can spend the night,” he said. There was only the slightest bit of hesitation in his voice, and it absolutely wasn’t because he didn’t want Chad there. He looked back at him and smiled, this time with more confidence. “We’d love to have you, it’ll be fun. If you’re sure they won’t notice, then I don’t see why not.”

What was he going to do, phone up Chad’s father and ask if it was okay? He knew how that conversation would go. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, especially when he knew that the answer was going to be no if they asked.

“We’ve got clothes you can borrow. I’ve got extra toothbrushes, too. And we’ll have plenty for dinner. We can make this work. Elliot will be so excited. We’ve got extra blankets and everything. Of course you can stay, we’ll sort it all out. Let me see your face, are you okay?” he asked. His tone was soft and gentle, like they were sharing a secret that needed to be protected. “Do you need ice or anything? I can get you some water, or run you a bath. Or just get Elly to wash his hands so you don’t get chicken all over you when he runs out to hug you.”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:24 pm
The tension physically left Chad’s shoulders when Oliver said he could stay the night, and if he was trying to keep his eyes from being too noticeably red, he was going to have to try harder not to cry.

“Thank you,” he breathed, another wave of tension leaving him.

Ah, of course he couldn’t help but smile too, because he was looking forward to seeing Elliot. He was almost impatient enough to not care if he got chicken all over him.

“I’m okay,” he promised. Now that he was used to the aches and pains from the trouble Devyn saved him from, it wasn’t much different than what he was already used to.

“Oh, um… could I use the bathroom before seeing Elliot, please? I, um… I cry a lot, so… I just want to wash my face really quick,” he sheepishly explained, lowering his head a little in shame.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:38 pm
“Oh, I’m the waterworks in this house,” Oliver reassured. “Once you reach a certain age, you just accept it. I’ve got an eye mask and a face roller and everything. I can’t even imagine how many cucumbers have been on my face. Do you want to lay down for a minute, too? That always helps me. Just a few minutes to recalibrate. Of course, I lay down in a dark room, with something cool on my face, and listen to a little music, and usually I fall asleep, so.”

He mulled this over for a minute and then shrugged. “I just did the bedsheets in my room, and it’s cool in there, you’re more than welcome if you need a break. But I can get you my face mask if you want to just sit in the bathroom for a minute and use it on your eyes, it feels nice. And I can show you how to use my face roller. It’s just a little massage. You know how your face gets all tight after a good cry? Splash some water on it, pat it dry a little. It’s helped me a lot.”

He seemed like he was trying to be reassuring and, at the very least, he understood.

And, he was doing a very good job keeping quiet so Asher and Elliot didn’t come in and fuss over Chad, too.

He knew they both would, in a heartbeat.

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:56 pm
Chad shifted awkwardly in place, not because he felt uncomfortable around Oliver, but because he didn’t know the right answer. There were so many different things he could do, and he wasn’t used to having so many choices.

“I don’t know,” he mumbled quietly, not wanting to get Asher or Elliot’s attention when he knew he probably still looked pretty distressed. “What do you think I should do?” Oh, that probably wasn’t fair to make Oliver decide for him, so he chewed on his lip as he tried to figure out what he should do.

“I miss Elliot, but I don’t want him to worry,” he said, hoping that maybe Oliver could help him figure out what he could do. He was still sore from everything, but he could ignore it. He could hear Elliot, and he knew he was close to him, so… waiting a little longer was okay.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:05 pm
Oliver didn’t seem to crumble under the options, but it was easier when he didn’t have to figure it out, himself. Asher had guided him when he couldn’t make a decision, so he could extend the same courtesy to Chad, now.

“Let me get you situated in the bathroom. You can wash your face with cold water and I’ll show you how to use the roller. I’ll get you some chocolate and a glass of water and my face mask while you do that. And then I’ll get Elly so you have some company while you relax. He understands the face mask means ‘please be gentle, I’m not feeling good right now’.”

But Chad knew Elliot, and Oliver knew that Elliot would want to be with him, anyway.

He walked him to the bathroom and turned the light on, pulling out a clean face towel and a little pink tool that he explained, “It’s rose quartz, it’s clean. It’s cool on your face and soft to the touch. You roll it towards your hairline from the center of your face, and use this little end to gently roll from your cheek up to under your eye. It’s just cool and feels nice. I’ll be back in a minute and I’ll knock. My room is very gentle, I’ve got a lava lamp and some soft blankets, and you can listen to my music with Elly in there if you want somewhere to just calm down. Or, he can take you to his room and you can squish all his stuffed animals, it’s whatever will make you happiest. No pressure, there’s no wrong answer. I just want you to know that you’re safe and you can have all the time you need to relax.”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:52 am
All of the different options were still a bit overwhelming, but he was appreciative of Oliver’s patience with him, as well as his direction. It was easier for Chad to do as he was told rather than trying to decide for himself. Maybe it was just something he’d been conditioned to do.

He held his hands out for the rose quartz roller and face towel, nodding as Oliver explained things. He couldn’t promise that he wouldn’t just break down into tears again when he got to see Elliot, but he was doing his best to try and relax. The lava lamp sounded intriguing, but he also knew how many soft stuffed animals Elliot had.

“Thank you,” he said, looking up at Oliver with clear adoration. He did feel safe there, and knew that he wouldn’t be judged for anything. He was still trying his hardest to be a better-- he wasn’t sure. But he’d been told for so long that there was something wrong with him that he couldn’t help but believe it.

And he knew Elliot would always treat him gently. Chad just didn’t want to make him worry more than he already did.

He waited until Oliver left to get the water and face mask and chocolate to start soaking the cloth. He made sure not to scrub too hard at his face, but used the cloth to cool down his still reddened cheeks and eyes, then attempted to use the roller as he’d been told. He wasn’t sure if he was doing it right, but it felt nice, so he supposed that was good.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:43 am
Though it only took Oliver a moment to grab everything, he gave Chad a little bit of extra time before he knocked on his door. He couldn’t move too quickly or his attentive family would know to expect something, and Elliot was already asking questions about who was at the door.

But, he’d washed his hands, so it wasn’t going to be catastrophic when he inevitably found out Chad was here and ran over to hug him.

“Chad?” he asked, before Oliver knocked on the door lightly. “I’ve got everything.”

The face mask was clear plastic full of cold, blue gel, and could have comfortably fit over his eyes. He’d brought a handful of small, individually wrapped chocolates, and ice water, and he was ready to go tuck Chad into bed, himself if it would have brought him any comfort.

“Elly’s going to be here in a minute, so let’s get you comfortable. If you need more time in there I can just drop these off. Dinner’s going to be done in about half an hour, we’re having breaded chicken.”

He didn’t want to put too much pressure on him, he just wanted him to be comfortable, and safe, and cared for. Asher already suspected enough; he’d taken one look at Oliver and known something was going on, and Elliot was clever and observant and no doubt noticed the two of them making eyes at each other. But, he hadn’t started trailing Oliver to find out what was going on.

Yet.

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:12 am
Again, Chad’s heart fluttered when Elliot was mentioned, and although Oliver indicated that he wasn’t going to be there yet, he still glanced beyond him when he opened the door. Just in case.

“Thank you. Do you want me to do anything special with the cloth and your roller? It felt nice, thank you.” There was a weird added stress about not knowing if he did it right, but it felt nice, so that outweighed everything else.

He seemed eager to go along with Oliver, especially if he thought it would help him relax. But he was equally eager to see Elliot. But Elliot was in the same location. He could wait. Elliot was safe there. He was safe there. And he wasn’t used to anyone pampering him, so he couldn’t help but want to know more about what it was like.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 am
Chad was such a sweet boy. Oliver smiled gently at him and stepped out of the way so he could get out of the bathroom. “You can just leave them here, I’ll take care of them. Come on,” he insisted, and led him down the hallway.

Elliot’s room was bright with sunlight filtering in, and there were a few papers scattered across his desk like he might have been trying to do some homework earlier. Chad’s octopus picture was hanging up on the wall.

Oliver’s room was very different, but the door was open and no less inviting. There were heavy curtains, so the room was naturally dark. Even without the light on, there was light coming from the room; there was a string of star lights hung near the ceiling, and a metallic purple lava lamp near the door. The room was cool, and there was a big bed; there was a heavy star and moon theme in the room. In the corner, a plush looking chair next to the bed table; Oliver had an old gameboy color on his side of the table, a stack of books, and an old iPod; the alarm clock was on Asher’s side of the bed. There were a few pillows, including a round plush with long, rabbit ears and a cute face. The starry galaxy print matched some of the ones in Elliot’s room.

It smelled nice in the room; they had a light, sweet fragranced incense.

“So,” he said, “When I need to calm down, I just sneak in here. The weighted blanket is nice, too, sometimes I just curl up under it in the chair. I play Tetris if my eyes want to work. You’re more than welcome to any of it, any time. Doesn’t have to be right now. I just know it can be nice to go somewhere quiet while you sort things out. And if it’s dark, no one can see how much you’ve been crying! But it’s up to you, Chad. I’m going to go get El in a minute, so all you need to do is pick where you want to be when he comes in, and know that if you ever need some quiet time, we’ve got a good place for it.”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 pm
It was so incredibly nice of Oliver to offer him a place to hide and breathe and calm down. But he couldn’t help but look sadly up at him, wondering what kinds of things made Oliver cry. Were people mean to him? Surely not Asher or Elliot, but were there others who did or said unkind things to him?

Before he did anything else, Chad stepped close to Oliver again so he could hug him tightly. Of everyone he’d met in his life so far, Chad couldn’t help but wonder if he related to Oliver the most. Not just because they cried a lot or had parents who weren’t very nice to them, but something more than that.

Which made Chad even more afraid that he might do something that kept him from ever seeing Oliver or Asher or Elliot again.

“Thank you,” he said again, because he had no idea how he was supposed to make it up to any of them. Maybe some more drawings? He wasn’t sure if that would be enough.

More than himself, he was worried about what Elliot would think or assume when he finally saw him. Would he be worried if Chad was in the bed? Maybe the chair would be better. It looked big enough for them to sit together if Elliot wanted. Oh, but maybe he would assume Chad wanted space if he was in the chair. But he could scoot over as close to the arm rest as possible…

“I’ll sit in the chair for now, I think.” And maybe Elliot will hug him while they sit together.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:24 pm
As Chad hugged him, Oliver rubbed his back gently. “Good idea,” he said, and guided him to the chair. He made sure Chad was comfortable before handing over the glass of water. Try to sip this. If I drink too much at once, I have a bad habit of just throwing it back up, so just try to sip a little at a time and let it settle. And,” he passed over the chocolates next, though he kept one and unwrapped it to help Chad get started.

“These are always good. It’s milk chocolate, no surprise flavors. And, finally,” the gel filled face mask. “Just lean back in the chair and let this rest over your eyes. I’ll get El, I can send him in with anything else you might need. And you two are free to whatever you need, we’ll call when dinner’s ready.”

Oliver could have fussed over him for a while more; it was hard not to pamper him and spoil him like he was his own child. But, he knew how easily it could have been for him to accidentally smother Chad while trying to help.

He wanted to tug at the blanket and drape it over him just to tuck him in, wanted to just make sure he was comfortable, but he resigned himself to understanding that he was probably being a little overwhelming. “I’m really glad you wanted to come stay with us, Chad. Thank you for trusting us.”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:31 pm
He nodded when directed, happy to be given direction on what to do. He knew he should be thinking for himself, but when he was tired and already anxious, he appreciated being told. Especially when it was someone he could trust.

Chad made himself comfortable on the chair, and took the water to sip at. He placed it on the table so he could take the opened chocolate, and then finally the face mask. As instructed, he leaned back and--

Well, he didn’t want to put it on his face while Oliver was still there. He didn’t want him to think he wasn’t paying attention or was trying to make him go away. He liked being there at the Reid’s house. He liked being with Oliver and Asher. Obviously he enjoyed being with Elliot. He liked being with Devyn too. And Michael. They were all good people, and he wanted as much time with them as he could.

When Oliver thanked him, Chad tried to smile. It wobbled a bit as his eyes felt hot again. Ah, he was trying not to cry. It was also difficult for him to not jump up and hug Oliver again.

“Thank you for being so kind to me,” he said, trying not to sniffle. Instead, he made himself look busy by trying to pull the weighted blanket up-- oh, it was actually a lot heavier than he expected. That was fine, he was just going to wiggle it up over him. Ah yes, good enough.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:54 pm
Oliver waited for just a moment, giving Chad enough time to make himself comfortable.

“You deserve kindness, Chad. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. I’ll go get El, so enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. And please, no matter what, if you ever need anything, let me know. I know that sometimes things in life can be difficult. But it will get better, I promise. And Asher and I have always tried to be there for our students, especially when they didn’t have anyone else they can trust. You’re Elly’s friend, so you’re extra important to us. And you’re not alone. So eat that chocolate and put that ice pack on. Oh, and the water, drink some water. I’ll see you soon.”

He knew if he lingered for any longer he’d just be tempted to get all sappy, or do something embarrassing, or start crying, himself.

And, Chad had come here for Elliot, anyway.

It didn’t take long for him to come running in.

Oliver couldn’t have been gone for more than fifteen seconds before Elliot ran into his room.

“Chad! You’re spending the night!” he asked, already excited and glad to have Chad there–even before he got a good look at him.

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:12 pm
There were no words that could describe how elated he felt, knowing how much Oliver cared about him. The others too, of course. It was weird. He was used to feeling like he shouldn’t be there, or that he was a mistake. But people had been so kind to him that, well, he never wanted to go home. He knew he would have to…

Chad hoped it wasn’t too weird to Elliot that he’d more or less snuck in so he could wash up and then hide in the calm of his dads’ room. His heart did weird flippy things when he finally saw Elliot, and even his name didn’t sound so bad when it was in Elliot’s voice.

He told himself he wouldn’t cry, but as soon as he took one look at Elliot his lip trembled and he moved the mask off his face so he could hold out his arms instead, hoping it would be enough to invite Elliot to join him.

“If that’s okay?” he hiccuped in his attempt to hold back a quiet sob. “I missed you. Your dad let me relax for a bit. Oh, not because I didn’t want to see you! I always want to see you,” Chad quickly tried to explain, scooting over in the chair as much as possible.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces