Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Something More (Elliot + Chad) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:43 pm
Chad had promised to meet Elliot early the next morning so they could… just talk, really! Maybe get a head start at looking at Chad’s art that he’d planned on collecting from his room and bringing to school with him. Maybe share another Pop Tart. And he would give Elliot back his clothes, of course.

But Chad didn’t arrive at school early.

He’d also promised Elliot that he would meet him for lunch. They’d planned on soup! Or stew. He would just conveniently forget the corn so that Elliot wouldn’t have to ruin his soup with something that was probably expired.

Probably another cupcake. Elliot had mentioned helping his dad with a new flavor soon, even though he didn’t really like baking, but he would do it for Chad to see how he liked them. Chad knew that he would love them, so of course he was looking forward to finishing off what was left of the cupcakes Elliot’s dad already made.

But Chad didn’t meet Elliot for lunch.

In fact, he didn’t show up to school the next day, either.

It wouldn’t be until that evening that Elliot would even see him again, and possibly only because they apparently lived so close to each other.

The sun had set for the evening, and the path lights in the park were slowly waking up. Almost everyone had gone home. And no one paid any attention to the kid on a swing, slumped against the chains.

Kyuseisha no Hikarix

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:52 pm
He’d gotten sick. Out in the rain for too long, his clothes must have gotten wet. He’d caught a cold.

Elliot waited for him. In the morning. At lunch. After school.

He’d waited. Looked for him around the neighborhood, even. Didn’t find him.

Understandably, he was upset by this. He’d eaten his extra packed lunch sullenly, and even if he’d been surrounded by his friends in the cafeteria, he still felt lonely.

He’d been walking around the park, not really doing anything. There were no games tonight, but he’d been restless in the house and went to go walk for a bit. His parents had texted him that dinner was going to be done soon, so he’d started on the trek back.

When he was walking home from the park, he was still thinking about Chad. Thinking about him so much that he even thought he saw him.

…Wait.

“Chad?” he asked, pausing as he walked by the swings.

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:59 pm
Chad didn’t look up at first. He’d thought so many times of Elliot’s voice over the past few days that surely he was imagining it now. How could someone so nice and sweet want to spend time with someone like him?

He had his head lowered in shame, so it wasn’t until he glanced up enough to see the pair of shoes near him that he realized it was Elliot.

His eyes widened for a moment, hopeful perhaps. Scared. Not of Elliot, of course, but he knew what his friend would see.

They were friends, weren’t they? Elliot said so, even though it seemed too good to be true.

It was dark out, so the bruising along his cheek and swollen lip was likely hidden by shadows. He seemed a bit dazed, even when he looked up enough to verify that it really wasn’t his imagination. That Elliot was actually there.

He pressed his lips together, which was already painful, and lowered his head against the chains again.

“I’m sorry I missed lunch,” he said quietly, defeated. Tears filled his eyes but he stubbornly blinked them away as he kept his eyes from meeting Elliot’s.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:13 pm
Now, alarm flooded his features. He crossed the distance between them so he wasn’t shouting across so much land. The swings weren’t so far away from the sidewalk and he hurried over.

“You don’t have to be sorry, we can rain check. There’s always time for lunch at school. Are you okay? I was worried you got sick.”

But he was out, now. He hadn’t been to school today and he was out now. He wasn’t coughing. He looked sickly, and Elliot saw the dark shadows on his face, but his eyes were already straining with the poor lighting.

His stomach was doing that thing again, where he couldn’t figure out if it was squirming because he was happy to see Chad or anxious because something felt wrong again.

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:52 am
Was he okay?

Chad nodded. He had to be okay. There wasn’t any other choice. What would happen if he wasn’t okay? It wouldn’t matter either way.

He wasn’t sick, but he wondered if that would be easier to explain. It didn’t seem fair to lie so much to Elliot, although he only did so to protect him. He didn’t need to know, and it wasn’t as though Chad could even talk about it.

“It’s okay. I’m not sick,” he promised, keeping his eyes focused on the ground. “I’m sorry I worried you. You’re very kind.”

How many others actually worried about him?

His heart was racing both because he wanted to see Elliot more than anything, but he also wanted to keep him from getting too involved. He didn’t want him to get hurt. Chad would never forgive himself.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:16 am
Elliot took a seat in the swing next to him but his eyes never strayed. “I missed you at school,” he said slowly. “I’m glad I get to see you now. You don’t have to be sorry for worrying me, I worried myself.”

He didn’t want to say that Chad didn’t look okay. He didn’t want to say that he could tell something was wrong. He just didn’t know what, and more than that he didn’t know how to ask. Chad was already so jittery, he didn’t want to back him into a corner or make him feel pressured to answer.

He said was okay, but people who were okay didn’t miss two days of school.

The metal chains of the swing were cool but uncomfortable still; Elliot ran his thumb over them and chewed on the inside of his cheek. “Did something happen?”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:03 pm
He missed him? And he was glad to see him now? Chad had to process the words slowly, because everything Elliot said seemed to filter in from the impossible. Then again… maybe Chad was just exaggerating. Maybe he was just so shy that everyone who he thought didn’t like him just… gave him space because he kept to himself. Maybe it was all in his head. Like how he felt when he thought about Elliot.

“Um…”

He wanted to try at least. He wanted to tell Elliot something to keep him from worrying so much. Chad felt bad. He didn’t want Elliot to worry. He was just so sweet and kind.

“I… fell. Down some stairs,” he explained, and lifted one of his shoulders in a half hearted shrug. “I’m kind of clumsy, anyway. Run into things all the time. I’m okay,” he promised again, just to make sure Elliot knew not to worry. He just couldn’t look him in the eye and say it.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:32 pm
“Chad!” he gasped, and had to work incredibly hard not to say it too quickly, or too loudly, or with too much emotion. “That’s horrible!”

And felt. Off. In a way he couldn’t figure out how to explain. He wanted to ask why he was out here now if he’d fallen down the stairs. If he was good enough to walk out here, why wasn’t he able to go to school? Oh, but. He’d been hurt before. Sometimes you just wanted to lay in bed. And sometimes you just got restless.

And sometimes–

He didn’t know why he was bothering trying to buy this. He knew people picked on Chad. It was far more likely that he’d gotten beaten up on the way home or something, because he was so sweet and gentle and someone with too many problems thought he looked too easy to hit.

“I hope you feel better. Do you want some ice cream or something? I can go grab us some real quick. Unless you’re going to be out for a while. I was just on my way home to get dinner, but you could come with me. Or I could bring you a plate, we could have dinner together instead.”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:44 pm
Once again, Chad ducked his head down in shame. He knew Elliot would worry. He was kind like that. But that didn’t mean he didn’t feel guilty about it.

He sniffled a little, not sure how he wanted to answer. He wanted to be alone. At least, until Elliot showed up. Actually, Chad hadn’t been completely alone, because he’d been imagining Elliot with him, just talking to him and sharing his cupcakes and making him laugh and forget about things. Oh, but that wasn’t the same as him actually being there.

The thought of Elliot leaving, even if it was to come back with ice cream or a plate of dinner, was distressing. Chad dug his toe into the dirt below the swing, anxious and not knowing what to do.

“I’m okay,” he promised again, finally looking up at Elliot with a small smile. “You should have dinner. I wouldn’t want to intrude. I’m sure your parents weren’t planning for anyone extra to show up. But thank you, Elliot. You’re always so kind to me.”

He didn’t want him to go, but it wasn’t fair to keep him there. Chad could feel his eyes heating up and blurring with tears, so he quickly glanced away again and held his breath so he wouldn’t sniffle.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:56 pm
“I’m not hungry,” Elliot said, and challenged his stomach to try and counter him. He reached into his jacket pocket and tugged out his phone–a hand-me down, not the latest model by a long shot. The lock screen was a picture of warm light filtering through the leaves and illuminating a little stream. The light made the water light up like gold. His home screen was a silly looking cat.

Elliot started texting immediately and hardly even looked at his screen to do so. The extra light from his phone meant he could see Chad a little better, even if that hadn’t been the intended consequence of sending his parents a message to say he was going to be a little late.

So, he saw the bruises.

He didn’t say anything, but he saw them.

“You wouldn’t be an intrusion if you did want to come over. But if you’re still sore, I don’t want you to get hurt walking so much. Anyway, a few minutes late’ll be fine.” He finished texting and pocketed his phone. “Did you have to go to the hospital?”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:04 pm
Chad was curious. He couldn’t help it! He had thought about Elliot pretty much every day since he’d first known of his existence, so of course he wanted to try and sneak a peek at what he had on his phone. Not to be nosey!! He wasn’t going to read anything. Just… he was curious.

And the silly cat made him smile a little.

But then he tensed at the question, his hand gripping just a little tighter to the chain.

“I’m okay,” he prefaced. Although that might have been enough to confirm the answer to Elliot’s question. “They’re really nice. The nurses, I mean,” he said, hoping to alleviate any of Elliot’s worries. “They always have sweets and extra blankets.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Elliot tilted his head just slightly. “Do they? I don’t think I’ve ever had to go to the hospital for anything. I mean, doctor visits, but not the hospital. My dad’s appendix ruptured and he had to have it taken out a few years ago, but I don’t even remember being there. I think I was staying with a friend at the time.”

It probably wasn’t the most interesting story, but he didn’t want Chad to think he was bored or wanted to leave. “But it sounds scary. I get grossed out just thinking about it.”

His phone chimed; he reached for it and texted back quickly, but before he could put the phone down he had another message. He texted back to that too and seemed a little exasperated.

“Sorry, Dad’s just fussing. He’s asking where we are. He worries so much. I told him still at the park.” Another message, and then he reported, “They say they hope you feel better soon. Do you need a get well cake?”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:26 pm
Chad smiled a little. The way Elliot’s dad fussed over him was sweet. Probably why Elliot was so kind, and why he worried so much.

He did laugh softly at the suggestion of a get well cake, and he shook his head. It would be a waste on him, anyway. But he was incredibly grateful for the gesture.

“I feel better already,” he said, showing Elliot another small smile. “I was thinking about you. I thought I imagined your voice, but… you’re here,” he explained, his voice breaking a little on the emotion.

He tried smiling a bit brighter, but it wavered and fell. His eyes were wet again, and he couldn’t quite stop at least one quiet sob.

“I’m sorry… I won’t be able to share much of my art with you. It’s… all gone now.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:33 pm
Alarm flooded Elliot and his smile fell; he couldn’t come much closer given the swings they were in, but he wanted to give him a hug. Probably not a good idea if he just fell down the stairs.

“It’s all gone?”

All of it? Was there a fire? Did he fall down the stairs while running? –No, that was ridiculous. His mind was just flooding with ideas, each more unrealistic than the last.

He was upset that he couldn’t see it, sure, but that paled in comparison to how upset he was for Chad. They’d talked about how important the art was–how an artist put some of themselves into it, how it was a personal reflection. He couldn’t imagine losing something you’d created like that–much less all of it.

“What happened?”

Guine

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 pm
He covered as much of his face as he could with his hands. It was bad enough that Elliot saw him like this, but he didn’t want to start getting weepy on top of everything. Chad didn’t think he would be able to hold many of the tears back.

“I was…” he started, but had to pause to remember to breathe. Holding his breath only held back the sobs a little. “I was trying to-- collect everything… I wanted to show you everything. But--...”

He knew it was just stupid drawings and paintings and sculptures and little collections of beads and jewelry, but they were his. They weren’t hurting anything. They were just there.

“Dad said I was wasting my time. He didn’t want--... want it in his house. I said I was bringing it to school, but he… Um, thought it was best to get rid of it. Less distractions…”

There were a lot of things his dad said that Chad didn’t want to share with Elliot. Elliot was so kind and caring with loving parents, he didn’t need to hear what Chad’s father thought of things.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces