Luna — 05/09/2022
Wolfmane had found his head swirling these days...or rather nights. As much as he wanted to focus he just couldn't. He wanted to do something special for Lily, as part of a way to further apologize for his improper wording....and as an excuse to see her again.

Besides that he also needed to grab some supplies for tonight's job so he was running on pure coffee and anxiety fueled adrenaline. Some clumsy flying fauny had crashed into one of the outter rails near the top and it needed repairing so while his mind raced, his hooves carried him towards the tree menders quarters.

As he peeked inside he noticed only one worker at the moment, a female he had heard about but never met personally. He wasn't sure of her name but he knew she lived and ran Breeheart, a village not far from here that many faun, fauny and over pae visited for its sweets and fine delicacies. He was almost certain he smelled the faint scent of chocolate on her.... also mixed with the current wood scent she was working with.

And that's when an Idea hit him.

"Excuse me... I hope I'm not intruding but I have a favor.....or two....?" he asked calmly, hoping to not startle her. @Fable
Fable — Yesterday at 2:29 PM
Cocoa's ear twitched at the sound of someone entering. She perked up as a voice accompanied it, "Evening." she greeted as she was setting her project down. She'd only just gotten back from dinner and was about to wrap up for the night. Ah well. She didn't dislike the job, just going between here and home kept her rather busy.

"Of course. What can I do for you?" she asked as she wiped her hands off on a towel next to her. She reach a hand out to him, "I'm Cocoa Eclair, by the way, call me Cocoa." She'd seen him around, but wasn't sure if they had been formally introduced or not. @Luna
Luna — Yesterday at 2:39 PM
Wolfmane nodded gratefully. "Wolfmane, pleasure Miss Eclair." he added as he stepped in side but not enough to be in the way. He glanced around a bit, deciding he should probably get the real reason he was here out of the way first. "I'm in need of wood planks for the west side outter walkway railings. Seems a clumsy pegasus had a bit of a crash landing." he grunted a bit, his brows furrowing in his usual disapproving manner. He was known to be rather grumpy.

However that didn't last long as his features seemed to soften a moment though confusion replaced most the anger. "Also.... if I... might ask your opinion on a few things?" he asked, eyeing her...... almost like a lost pup? But little more grown and a lot less pathetic. @Fable
Fable — Yesterday at 2:58 PM
Cocoa gave off a heavy sigh, "Again? You know, thats the third time I have had to repair that for the same reason. You'd like a pegasus would learn." she trotted into the next room and came out with a few rails in her arms. It seemed she always had some made as backup. "Alright, lets get going." she motioned for him to follow her out the door.

She caught his look before they started out. With an eye brow raised she hesitated for a second, "Of course." She hardly knew the guy, how did he know her opinion would be sound? But she was dying of curiosity so she'd happily hear him out. Hopefully she could even help the poor soul who could make a face like that. @Luna
Luna — Yesterday at 3:17 PM
"You would think." he simply snorted along to her suggestion, letting out his own sigh as he rubbed his short fuzzy head of hair. She had wings, she knew most of all it wasn't that hard but apparently some of these pegasus were extreme go getters.

As for the other part, he hadn't yet forgotten and he walked with her a few moments in silence formulating his words before he spoke again. "I'm.... going.... having a get together.... with a gir.... friend. Whose a girl." he choked out a cough trying to pass it off as normal and not his nerves. "I want to get her something nice but.... I've...erm.. never done this before." he admitted before he grumped and took a breath again. "This girl. I mean. "

What was he trying to make excuses for? His inner mind raged with itself. @Fable
Fable — Yesterday at 4:21 PM
She huffed slightly in agreement with his words. She loved flying, but my goodness some of them made it a nightmare for the rest of them, “You should see some of the destruction this one makes. Like she’s a new flyer or something.” ((Cocoa doesn’t know she’s definitely new to the wings thing 🤣))

Cocoa kept the emotions from her face as they walked, keeping her eyes ahead of her. Internally though she was chuckling at the sap. He came off gruff, but man was he head over heels for this ‘friend’. “Oh I see.” She said as if it were nothing, hoping her nonchalant way of speaking would put him at ease. “Girls are simple. The fact you bring her anything at all will mean a lot to her. They just like to be remembered or thought about.”

“That being said, some flowers and sweets definitely go a long way. Im not just saying that because my family knows their way about sweets either.” She tossed him a half smile. “I actually brought some stuff back from home with me if you’d like anything for your… friend.” @Luna
Luna — Today at 9:26 AM
Wolfmane let out a small chuckle at the flying part but shook his head. "We need stricter flying classes apparently." he said as an off thought before being embarrassed again. However Cocoa's simple answer made him briefly pause. As well as feel slightly better.

They just want to be thought of?

Flowers and sweets?

Those seemed simple enough actually. He was almost pretty sure he could do that...yeah... Yeah! He could do that!

"Hmm... flowers and sweets?" he repeated to himself, but in a musing way. At her mention of having sweets from home, which he knew was Breeheart, he turned to look at her fully. "Would you mind terribly?" @Fable
Fable — Today at 9:38 AM
Cocoa was glad that her suggestion went over well. She knew she wasn’t really one to talk since she’d never really been in a relationship before. That thought hit her oddly, but she tucked it away. No sense thinking about it right then.

Even so, there were plenty of couples that came through their home… plus she’d never complain if someone got her something. So she couldn’t be far off could she? Ah well, she was sure it wasn’t a bad thing at least.

“I don’t mind at all. Mom,” it was still odd talking about her with how long she’d been gone “insists I bring them with me to pass out as samples. Because she loves spoiling people but it’s also good for letting people know what we make. So it’s basically what it’s baked for.” She shrugged as they made it to the spot.

She sighed heavily at the damage and got on her knees, she picked at the leather belt around her waist pulling out the needed tools, “When I’m done here we can stop by my alcove and I’ll get those for you.” @Luna
Luna — Today at 9:43 AM
He listened and simply nodded. It seemed to make sense from what he heard other from other fauns and gossip about the village. And if she was ok with it and had them on hand then that was actually perfect. All he'd need to do was visit the gardens for a nice bouquet. "I thank you then. You may be a life saver in more than one ways." he laughed, though it sounded just as rough as the rest of him. Still the smile at his lips said other wise.

When they reached the place his face simply seemed to say See what I meant, though he kept his inner thoughts quiet. Instead he knelt down and looked towards her like a student to a teacher. "Let me know how I can assist you." @Fable
Fable — Today at 9:51 AM
Cocoa couldn’t help a smile at the other. Despite his rough exterior there was an inner warmth to him that she supposed was thanks to his ‘lady friend’. She definitely wished him well. She understood how the ups and downs of relationships could be and she hoped his would be as steady through trials as her own parents. “It’s really nothing. You’ll be doing all the hard work from here on out.”

She sniffed at his look, grateful they were on the same wave length about it. Though she was surprised when he offered her his help. She nodded and handed him a few pieces. She showed him the process with the one she was managing, “If you’ll do it just like that with these next pieces by you we will be done in no time. I appreciate it.” @Luna
Luna — Today at 10:02 AM
At that comment he had to chuckle. It was certainly true, the hardest parts for him were going to come after arriving at the date....the entire date....and well....whatever happened after the date.

But right now, he had other things to occupy his mind with and as she handed him bits of wood he did precisely what she instructed him to, watching as the new railing came together like perfectly fit pieces into a puzzle, all seeming to just fall into the places they belonged. He only hoped his date would go just as smoothly.
@Fable (done i think? :3)