Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Solo] Beach Discovery (see inside for participants)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:56 am
This is a solo RP for these Soqs (Abel Nox "Nox" x Ser Daemon Theodosius "Theo" x Kasandra Lynn "Kally" )
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:58 am
The first rays of sun peeked through the window and tickled Kally awake. She yawned and shook out her mane before opening her eyes and smiling. It appeared that the storm from the night before had passed and left a bright cheery morning in its wake. She climbed from her bed and nudged the window of her hut open so she could properly greet the day. Using the opportunity she took a quick glance around to make sure that her home hadn't taken any damage during the night. Satisfied that everything appeared in order she went back to her morning routine making a mental note to do a more thorough check later.

After eating breakfast and making sure her house was in order Kally grabbed a basket, woven by a dear friend, and decided to head to the beach. There were sure to be more than a few treasures washed up by the waves of the storm. She stepped onto the path outside her home with a springy trot. Spring always put her in a good mood. It was always so full of hope and cheeriness. No snow ever fell near Kally's home but the lack of it didn't make the change of seasons any less exciting.

When her hoofs hit the satisfying crunch of sand Kally stopped and gazed out across the beach. Her eyes landed on a figure at the edge of the surf and her heart dropped. Oh no! something was wrong! Her healer's instincts kicked in and she galloped across the beach hoping she wasn't too late to help.

The large stallion floated along in a gray haze. Wait. That wasn't right. There was something bright. As he slowly became more aware of his surroundings he realized that he was very uncomfortable. Not just that. He hurt. And was having trouble breathing. His body started heaving with coughs and he felt water coming out of his nostrils and throat. With his airways cleared he groaned and tried to open his eyes. Too bright. and there was a strange pounding in his head. Wait. Not just in his head but in the ground too. Then blessedly it stopped and a shodow blocked out the too bright sun.

As Kally made her way to the form on the beach she noticed them start heaving and coughing and let out a sigh of relief as they expelled water. They were alive and there was hope. She stopped near the form noticing it was a stallion. Dropping her nose she whispered reassuringly. "It's going to be okay. I'll take care of you"

Nox strode purposefully down the tropical tree lined path. His thoughts wandered to his lifemate back home as his hoofs found their familiar way to the home of the mare who was like an aunt to him. One of these days Crys was going to be able to get away from her duties long enough to come with him. He would sneak her away if he had to. He chuckled aloud at the thought before turning his attention to the small, cozy, yet well appointed and cared for hut before him.
"Aunt Kally?" he called as he paused outside. He wasn't really expecting an answer because he knew that on mornings as nice as this one she was usually out gathering herbs or shells or whatnot. After a moment of silence he continued on toward the beach.

When he broke through the tree line he wasn't at all surprised to see her at the edge of the tide. However he very quickly registered that she was bending over a prone form and his training kicked in, his body moving easily into a run before he even finished processing the thought. He was at her side in seconds assessing the situation.
"You need the travois." The words barely left his lips before he was sprinting back to her hut and around the side to the leanto the device was stored in. He expertly slipped into the pulling harness and was headed back to the beach to aid.

As Kally watched the stallion she had helped raise dash across the beach and back she couldn't help but feel a swell of pride at how kind and helpful he was. As he slid to a stop she quickly assessed the size of her patient.
"Let me have the harness. I'm better suited for pulling." she ordered Nox. "You move him on. Careful, he's conscious but I don't think he's fully aware yet."

Nox quickly moved to comply with Kally's wishes despite his natural instinct to want to argue with er about being the one to do the work. She was better built for pulling but he didn't have to like it. After making sure she was comfortably in the harness he very carefully helped maneuver the barely aware stallion onto the travois. They then slowly began making their way back across the beach, him watching carefully to make sure their patient didn't slip or get jostled.

The stallion was vaguely aware of hearing voices and being moved around. His senses were slowly returning to him. Soon he noticed he was moving. Slowly and carefully. He blinked and squinted up to find a dark stallion walking beside him. He tried to ask what was happening but his throat was so coated in salt he almost started coughing again.
"Water . . ." he managed to croak out. What had happened? Where was he? Who were they? At least he knew who he was. Maybe . . .

Kally pulled the stretcher straight throught the door of her house and into the spare room that has a bed for patients like this one who needed a place to stay. She slipped out of the harness and began transferring the stallion over to the more comfortable surface.

After helping Kally get the stallion moved he grabbed the travois to pull it out of the way as he went to grab a bucket to fill with water. He left the stretcher where it went and quickly made his way to the freshwater stream nearby dipping the bucket to fill it before hurrying back inside.

Kally quickly and thoroughly checked over the stallion. Aside from a few bumps and bruises and having inhaled half the sea he seemed to be alright. So she told him as much. His eyes were brightening and he seemed to be becoming more aware of what was happening around him.

The stallion . . . Theo . . . his name came to him as he started to regain a hold on himself, nodded as the mare gave him his assessment. When the stallion came back with a bucket and left it in his reach he had to make a major effort not to gulp the entire thing down in one go. After a few sips he cleared his throat and tried to talk again.
"Thank you." His voice was rough but at least he could use it. So he decided to keep going. "Where am I? What happened?" he felt a pang a his lack of manners but he couldn't seem to summon much at the moment. Luckily they seemed to understand.

"We found you washed up on the shore. There was a storm last night that you must have been caught in." After looking to Kally for a nod of approval he continued on. "You are in the home of the best healer I know. Her name is Kally. My name is Abel Nox. Do you remember anything?

"A healer. How fortunate. I owe you both my life I think." Theo tried for a smile. The water was doing wonders and he drank a little more before continuing. "My name is Theo . . I think. I . . . honestly don't remember any more than that. " This honestly disconcerted him. "I wish I could tell you more."

"Well Theo," Kally began with a smile, "You are welcome to stay here until you feel the need to move on. Rest for now. We'll talk more later." She pointed her nose at a bell near the bed. "Ring if you need anything." With that she shooed Nox from the room and followed him out.

Nox allowed himself to be shooed outside where he turned to Kally. "I don't like that he doesn't remember where he came from. I do believe him but if he doesn't know where he's from he won't be able to go back. Maybe with time he'll remember."

Kally nodded in agreement. "Sometimes as the trauma lessens memories do come back. However if he doesn't remember he is welcome to stay here. Or maybe he would be interested in following you back to your herd." She shot him a mischievous smile. Kally was well aware that Nox and Crys had a habit of opening their herd to anyone who needed a place top belong. Both of the younger soqs had kind generous hearts.

Nox nodded thoughtfully. " Maybe. Time will tell." After a moment of thought Nox's eyes landed on the basket still slung over Kally's back and he chuckled. "Seems your scavenging got interrupted. I'll stay with him if you want to go back to it."

She laughed at his choice of words for her collecting. "Are you sure? Of course you are." she corrected herself with a chuckle. "Alright then. Yell if you need anything. I shouldn't be gone long." She affectionately bumped his shoulder with hers and headed back down to the beach to spend a little more of her morning soaking up sunshine and finding treasures.

Theo relaxed back on the bed letting his mind relax and wander. He knew it wouldn't be of any benefit to try to force himself to remember. He heard the soft voices of his rescuers outside but couldn't quite make out the words. They seemed kind but he didn't want to take advantage of them any longer than necessary. His eyelids began to feel heavy and he soon was drifting away to sleep The thought that came to him just before he lost consciousness was his full name. Daemon Theodosius. Huh. He definitely preferred Theo . . . .

WC:1680  

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers