Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Shelter From the Storm (Hyela x Natura Shade)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:12 am
User Image

The forest was damp and dank enough on a clear day, but today's rains had the woods at peak mustiness. Hyela didn't mind; she felt closer to nature when it was raging, more at one with the earth's life force. The forest came alive with the coming of the rain, drinking up the nourishment falling from the sky. The thick canopy of her ancient and twisted wood provided fairly decent protection overhead, reducing the downpour to a light patter as it reached the forest floor.

She had followed the river back from the northern edge of her forest, where she had parted with the golden stallion and pointed him in the right direction. She often needed to assist her visitors in finding their way, and was glad to do so, but she never left the borders of her wood. There was nothing tangible keeping her here, no rule that said she couldn't leave or spell binding her to the forest, but she felt vulnerable outside the cover of the trees she knew so well.

Navigating her twisted network of trails with ease, she meandered her way back towards the center of the woods, stopping here and there to consult a stash of bones, keeping tabs on the happenings in the woods. Though she usually preferred to light fire to the bones before reading them, the wetness from the storm prevented her from lighting any sparks today. But she had other ways. Pausing on her path, she turned to extract a set of neck bones from behind a small rock, grasping them with her clawed foot. Closing her eyes, she whispered a few indistinct words before tossing the bones out in front of her. She gazed down at them, silent and ponderous for several minutes as she considered the bones and the pattern they had fallen in.

"Ah!" She blurted out suddenly. "Ahaha, very busy we are lately. Another visitor has been." She lifted her gaze from the bones and sniffed the air. "Perhaps still here. Hmm. Hiding from rain." Depositing the bones back in their hiding spot, she continued along her path, sniffing occasionally, hoping to pick up the scent of her new visitor.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Natura found herself in a forest that she hadn't explored as of yet. Though she was most comfortable in them. She liked to wander the plains at night sometimes or find open spaces but only when she was sure that she could be alone. Now though, during all of this wetness she had found herself in her feral form attempting to find... something in all of this. She had tried to find shelter and it was much easier to do in her feral form.

Her normal form had it's perks of course. Being able to run through anything up to her forearm made it much easier to run though forests, but the fact that her pelt did not have the same ability made running through the forest during the rain much more uncomfortable. If she had to be wet, she would be all wet. And she could fit into smaller places as well.

Currently she had found some a tree with a large open bottom to keep the rain away from her pelt. She looked at the rain that was still falling and cursed it. Over the rain she thought she heard something coming and moved towards the back of the tree. If whoever was there decided to attack, or was a perfect snack, she wanted to make sure that she could pounce on them quickly if need be.

Nori Ishida

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:50 am
She made her way along her twisted paths as she started picking up the unfamiliar scent. She could tell she was getting close, but still had not locked in on her visitor, and still did not know their intentions. She had consulted a few bones along her way, but they had not revealed much about the stranger in her wood. This was slightly unsettling to her, as the bones were usually more revealing. Perhaps the rains had clouded her vision, she could not light a fire to reveal their true messages. This unknowing had her felling a little unsettled, ill-prepared in case there was an attack.

She passed a hollowed-out tree and moved to the side of the trail to unearth some bones. The moment she wrapped her claws around these bones, she could feel them almost screaming out at her. She gasped and tossed the bones to the ground, eagerly glancing over their patterns as they fell. The message was very clear now. There is a walker in the forest, and they are close at hand.

She spun around, her eyes frantically darting around her surroundings, trying to find the stranger. She knew there were some who were slightly more aligned with kindness, but overall the walkers were a vicious breed. She was unprepared for an attack, armed with nothing but her talons and her knowledge of the network of trails and secret paths she had created through the woods. If this walker meant her harm, she would have to outsmart them.

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:10 pm
The rain was annoying her. It made it harder than usual to hear anyone or anything that might be coming towards her. Every time she thought she heard something that wasn't the simple noises of nature over the rain she growled, though quiet enough just in case.

She hadn't felt this nervous and aggravated in a while. The last time this had happened... was also when it had been raining. She really just didn't like nature's way of thwarting her hearing, smelling, basically all of her senses except for taste.

Before she realized it however, a dark figure appeared and passed her tree, apparently having not seen her. Now she had a choice. Run away from the figure, who probably knew the forest much better than she did, confront the other, or stay in the tree and hope that she wasn't found.

She decided to go with the second option, though killing the stranger wasn't on the table. Yet. She would much rather get out of here or find a place to stay until the rain stopped and she could find her way out of here herself.

So, as she slowly moved out of the tree and turned back into her regular form, she made sure to be as quiet as possible. She hoped at least that her ghostly form wouldn't make noise in the rain. She couldn't quite see what the other looked like, but she assumed that she could take them if she needed. "You there!" She said when she was finally close enough, hoping that she could perhaps startle the other into talking. "You know this forest right? There must be an easy way out of it!"

Nori Ishida

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:07 am
Hyela heard the stranger's approach just before they shouted out, so she had turned to see the opalescent ghostly form as it approached. They approached from behind her on the trail, and Hyela scolded herself for not catching on sooner, realizing she must have walked right past this stranger. "Hmm, hiding in wild form, it must have been," she mumbled aloud, noticing the feline pelt draped across her visitor's back.

She had a few choices here. She flexed the sharp talons of her front feet, digging her claws into the ground, ready if the stranger decided to attack. Hyela was a surprisingly strong fighter, but she preferred more nonviolent resolutions to conflicts. Keeping her guard up, she decided to try and help this stranger in hopes that their hostile and confrontational attitude would melt away with some assistance. She had heard that cats do not like being wet.

"Yes, know this forest well indeed! Hyela has always been here, knows it better than anybody else. No easy way out, no, but show you the way, I can." She flexed her wings, shaking off small droplets of water and smiled at the stranger. "Perhaps a dry spot first? Have a hidden dry place, I do. Wait there, we can. Perhaps read the bones for you." Hyela nodded enthusiastically, always eager to show off her skills. And if the stranger proved to be unfriendly, there were things in her hidden home that she could use to protect herself as well.

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:56 am
Natura had to think about the offer for a few moments. Being dry was her number one priority at the moment and the other's offer of at least finding a dry place was something that she was eager to get to. It could also be a trap. The other looked like a fighter or at least could hold her own. It would be best not to try to attack then if she wanted to get out of here with minimal injuries. While Natura was prone to violence, she could at least consider thinking if fighting would be an advantage or a problem.

She then felt the rain once again and her decision had been made for her. She growled a bit as she spoke. "A dry spot. Would be... preferable." It was hard for her to be, tolerable, to others. But she was a t a point where she could converse in conversation. But something puzzled her. "Read the bones? You're a bone reader?" She had heard of them but had never encountered one. She could still be walking into a trap, but Hyela seemed to know her way around here. Perhaps she could find a way out with the bones. "Since you know the way, I can follow." She said, moving forward a bit, any roots or branches sticking out of the ground going right through her. She knew that she could be intimidating, so it would be best to follow the other a little closely.

Nori Ishida

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:39 am
"Yes yes. Stay close, is a tricky path." Hyela noticed how the stranger floated through solid objects as if they were not there and cocked her head to the side as she turned to lead the way to her hidden home.

As she navigated the intricate network of trails through the forest, she glanced back occasionally, keeping an eye on the stranger in case they planned an attack. She still did not know their intentions and she felt vulnerable with her back turned. "Yes, bones tell much, if you know how to listen. Told me you were here, they did. Hidden bones all throughout the forest, tell me what goes on." She nodded enthusiastically as she took a sharp right turn onto a narrow path. The vegetation was thick, bursting with life from the spring rains, and the leaves seemed to follow her as she moved along the path, reaching out as if to grab her.

Glancing back, she noticed again as her visitor moved through the brush as if she was walking right through it and wondered exactly what type of shape shifter this stranger was. "Walk right through solid things, you do. How is this?"

After a few more unexpected turns, their path opened to a large clearing containing a crystal clear spring. Skirting along the bank of the spring, Hyela led her ghostly visitor to a rocky wall on the other side of the clearing. "Almost there, not far." Squeezing through a gap in the rocks, she led her visitor through a damp tunnel, and out the other side to another clearing. Here the canopy was so thick that the rain did not fall, and the space had an overwhelming smell of smoke and blood. There were hundreds of bones piled up around the clearing, arranged as if they were decorations, and there was a blood-stained area on the opposite side of the clearing. At the center of the clearing was a sunken fire pit with more piles of bones lined up along the edge. She turned once more to the stranger and fixed her with a cold stare.

"This is Hyela's home, stranger. Would be dishonorable to harm one in one's own home, yes? Both safe here, so long as you mean no harm. Share your name, and I'll share what the bones say."

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:48 am
Noctura followed along silently, a little annoyed that it was taking so long to get to their destination. Thinking about it, she doubted that the other was attempting to lead her into a trap. She probably didn't want to be in the rain either.

As she was trying to keep her mind off of the water droplets that continued to randomly hit her, she was asked about how she could walk through objects. "It's something I've always been able to do. Walk through them. Only if I am in this form however. My feral form is more corporeal. I cannot walk through objects with it or with my pelt." It was a bit of a weakness since she had to be careful as to how she went through things. "I can pick objects up if I want. I believe I had a life previously before this one. But all I can remember is waking up like this." She said. And it was true. She didn't remember anything before being a partial ghost. If she cared, it might have bothered her.

Finally they went into a tunnel and into a clearing that appeared to be spared from the rain. She couldn't help but smirk at the bones and the blood. She had to say, this area appealed to her. She looked at the other. "I guess I can return the favor with another. I won't hurt you here. I am Noctura." She hadn't quite decided if she was okay with the other yet, but she did realize that the other had done something for her. The least she could do was not start a fight.

Nori Ishida

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:34 pm
"Ah, many there are who do not let go of this plane and stay in ghostly form. Perhaps learn more, some day, of your previous self."

She smiled broadly and bowed her head when they finally care to an agreement. Now she could relax. "Good, good. Well met, Natura." She turned from her new acquaintance and walked towards the fire pit. Bowing down to the pit, she struck her talon against one of the rocks that circled the fire pit, lighting a spark that caught in the kindling below a carefully arranged stack of logs.

"Come, by the fire," she said to Natura as she turned and made her way towards a table-like boulder littered with herbs and spices. She returned to the fire with several small bundles of dried herbs and tossed them one by one into the growing fire. She then gathered up several small bones from the surrounding piles and also tossed them into the fire, where they landed at the edge of the circle, the flames licking out and marking the bones with black streaks. Mumbling incoherently under her breath, she carefully pulled the bones from the edge of the fire with her talons and tossed them onto the ground between her and Natura.

"Cloudy your past has been, but cannot be changed. Bones will tell of what comes ahead." She looked down at the bones and pondered their markings in silence for several minutes before she spoke again. "Spring is blooming all around, new life coming forth. Rains may bring damp and dark, but needed, they are, for new life to come. Pass, this darkness will, and a new path shall be shown to you." As if to immediately speak this prophecy into life, the pattering of the raindrops on the thick canopy above began to slow. Looking up with a smile, Hyela let out a cackling laugh. "Ha! You see, rain stopping. And Hyela knows the path out. Show you, I will. Deeper meanings, the bones surely have, but that is for you to find."

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:19 pm
For a moment Natura wondered if Hyela knew more about ghosts than she was letting on, but it did feel a bit better that being a ghost didn't appear to have been never heard of at least. She followed the other's directions and got closer to the fire that had been made. She watched Hyela's actions and was intrigued by being able to read bones by saying something and throwing them. Was there truly a way to communicate with them?

She was not as amused at the rain stopping at that moment as the other was, but was glad that it had stopped nonetheless. "Well, better than wandering around in that wetness." She said with a smirk. She nodded at the other. "Well then, I trust you on that. If you can predict the rain stopping, I'm sure you know the best way out. I'll follow. And the... non-attacking favor will stay for now. I'm interested in these bone readings now." She said as she moved over to the other once again and waited to follow her.

Nori Ishida

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:33 pm
Hyela smiled at her new friend, nodding and chuckling quietly. "Yes, know all the ways out, I do. Hyela made them all, ages and ages ago." She led Natura back out through the tunnel and past the spring before winding a complicated path back through the thick forest. As they approached the edge of the forest and the trees began thinning, Hyela slowed her pace.

"This is last path, no more turns after this. Follow this way, and exit the forest safely, you will. Hyela goes no further." She shifted uneasily, not liking to be this close to the edge of the woods. Shaking off her anxiety, she bowed her head to her visitor once more. "Return anytime, Natura. Teach you more about the bones, I can, if you have an interest."

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:40 pm
Natura followed the other in silence, wondering how she was able to create the paths herself or if they were found and perhaps touched up a bit. At least there was a way out and while she still felt a few drips here and there on her pelt by the leftover water, she was much more appreciative that it had at stopped adding more.

Soon enough they were outside of the forest and Natura could find the way out. "I guess the correct thing to say here is "thank you". I am still learning. I will come back sometime." She wasn't sure if she had quite become friends like Hyela said, but they were at least acquaintances. And she would come back, perhaps when she had more questions. And when spring was over and there was less of a chance for rain. But for now she was OUT of here! Happy to be haunting outside of the forest, at least for a few days!

Nori Ishida
End from me, thank you for the rp!

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out