Submit

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Denali emerged outside, stretching as she went. She looked around, somewhat bewildered at what she was seeing.

"Snow...?" she wondered to herself.
"I never expected to see snow in this area...esp not THIS much. It's awfully chilly, too."

She wandered around, poking her foot into the snow at different spots, testing it's depth. "I wonder how everyone else is fairing... I imagine quite a few are having a bit of a rough go."

She stopped and looked up, thinking she caught the sight of someone coming through the snowstorm. "Is that Blizzard?" She chuckled to herself, "Quite a fitting name for the moment, I must say."

Lightly she swished her tail back and forth, wondering if he'd see her through the snow. "Jumping out and startling him would be kinda amusing..." She quickly moved behind a snowdrift to see if an opportunity would present itself.

(145 words)

https://wordcounter.net/

====================

muffled_undertone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:01 am

Blizzard relished the crunching of the snow under his hooves and the chill breeze dancing across his face. "Ah. Another wonderful morning."

The birds softly chirping and the stillness of his visual field set Blizzard at ease as he made his way over the mountain, and he started getting sleepy.
"Maybe I'll take a nap later. Maybe under a tree would be nice." Blizzard yawned as he thought to himself, "but not under any of these trees.🌳 I better keep moving."

Blizzard lazily put one hoof in front of the other and wandered across the snowy terrain.

The snowstorm grew worse, and Blizzard began to lose confidence in his plan to take a snooze under a tree. "Huh. Well, I could. But do I want to? No, no I do not." 😒 "Looks like I'm walking."

Blocking the snow from obstructing his vision with his fur-lined hood, Blizzard looked ahead and searched for life.

Off in the distance, he thought he saw movement. "What is that?" He wondered as he pressed forward.

(172 words)

====================

Fayt_of_Redemption

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:14 pm
User Image

Denali bowed low behind the drift, hoping to not be spotted.

"Golly, I'm glad I have this warm shawl; there's no signs of this letting up." she mumbled to herself as she pulled her tail around.

"Hmm...I dunno. Maybe instead of trying to scare Blizzard, I should just wait here for him. I am curious how far this extends, and how bad it is. Probably should check in on some others, too."

She stayed where she was, contemplating what to do; have a little fun, or be serious. "I guess, really, I COULD do both..." She snickered obnoxiously, forgetting that the wind and cold would carry the sound farther than usual.

Word count- 111

===============

muffled_undertone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Blizzard stared ahead intently. "The movement is gone. Where did it go? I wonder if it was a bunny." 🐇 "I wonder if it was Soot." 🐰

Blizzard cocked his head to one side, perplexed, as he stared off into the distance.

"Or not. If it was someone dangerous, I'm in trouble. I better stop walking so out in the open and venture more carefully."
Blizzard got down low to the ground and sneaked forward, hiding behind trees, mounds of snow, whathaveyou.

"Hopefully it's nothing malicious. But even if it is, I'm confident that I can sneak past it in this snowstorm." 🌨

Nonetheless, as Blizzard approached where he had spotted the movement, he soon began to get nervous, and his heart began to race. "I- I don't see it anymore. Where is it? I saw it around here, somewhere." 👀

Then he heard a familiar voice.

"Denali?" 👁👄👁

"Was it Denali I saw from back there? Or is Denali hiding from this creature, too?"

Blizzard peered behind the drift he heard Denali from, and whispered, "psst! Denali!"

(178 words)

====================

Fayt_of_Redemption

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:57 pm
User Image

Denali jumped a bit at the sound of her name and turned to see Blizzard poking his head behind the drift.

"Hmph. Here I was pondering jumping out at you, and you're the one who startled me!" she playfully scowled at him.

"I was wondering if maybe I should check on some of the others. This snow and cold was so unexpected!" she said as she shook off some snow. "Of course, with this weather, it's probably best to not go alone."

She looked around at what appeared to be a worsening storm. "I dunno Blizzard...what do you think we should do; should we go try checking on the others now, or wait until this eases a bit?" She started scanning the surroundings to see if there was any place of refuge nearby while she waited for him to reply.

Word count- 140

===============

muffled_undertone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:39 pm

"I thought I saw something. Did you see another creature around here? Or was it just you?" Blizzard asked, cautiously looking around.

"If we're in the clear, checking on others sounds like a good idea. But only when this snowstorm eases up. I don't think the others will be easy to find in weather like this, anyway. They're probably hiding somewhere and keeping warm."

"In the meantime, where do you want to go? We should make a list of who to check up on, too. I was wondering where Soot could be." 🐰"He's a bunny, about ye tall," Blizzard said, as he lifted his front left hoof and touched the side of his front right leg with it. "He's a resourceful bugger, but he's so small. It'd be nice to check up on him."

As Blizzard awaited Denali's response, he paid close attention to any sounds in the background as well and noticed that he could not hear the birds chirping anymore. "The storm must be getting worse," Blizzard thought.

(170 words)

====================

Fayt_of_Redemption

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:20 pm
User Image

Denali laughed, "It was just me. I was thinking about jumping out and scaring you." She smirked, poking him with her hoof. "But given the circumstance, I started to think better of it right as you came up."

"Yeah, we should wait at least a little bit." she said in answer. "I'd like to check on Chokoreto. I'm sure he's more than fine, being a caribou. But he could always help us locate others. Those antlers could prove useful too for digging!" she said in amusement. "I guess the ones I'm most worried about would be my aquatic friends. Not sure of the best way to check on them, though. Maybe if we run across Peprna she can help us check. That little river otter is clever!"

Denali looked at Blizzard and asked. "Can you hear anything besides this raging wind?"

Word count- 141

===============

muffled_undertone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:22 pm

"Oh, okay, then. Blizzard looks away bashfully. "I wasn't scared or anything."

"Yeah. The birds. 🐦 They aren't chirping anymore. I think the storm's going to get worse."

"We need to take shelter as soon as possible. 🏕 Do you know anywhere around here where we can stay until the storm lets up?"

"And, Chokoreto should be a big help in case anyone is trapped under the snow..which I hope isn't the case, but you never know." Blizzard then looks off into the distance as if to judge how bad the snowstorm is.

He frowns, and then adds, "in addition to Soot, I'd like to check on Castor, Soot's bunny friend, and Amora, the new mare. Castor is likely with Soot, but Amora just joined the herd, so she's likely alone. And judging by the way she looks, I highly doubt she has any experience with a snowstorm. I hope she's not caught up in this."

(156 words)

====================

Fayt_of_Redemption

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:08 pm
User Image

Denali giggled, "Right, of course you weren't."

"Yeah, I think you're right. Even for you and I this is getting too dangerous." Quickly she looked back where she came from. "There's a cave over there I was taking a rest in, but the snow is starting to drift over the entrance. We should probably hurry and hunker down in there for now. We won't be any use to our friends if we get lost."

She pulled a tie from her shawl and tied it to Blizzard's hood. "Don't want to risk getting separated in this, even with this short distance. Keep an eye out for a branch we can take into the cave with us to dig out the snow if need be. Would be bad if we got trapped from the snow in the cave."

Cautiously she began leading the way over to the cave, hoping their friends were ok; hoping to soon be able to go and ease her mind.

Word count- 162

===============

muffled_undertone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:36 pm

"Got it." Blizzard scanned around, searching for a sturdy-looking branch.

Nothing.

Just white.

Following Denali's lead to the cave, Blizzard kicked around with his hooves with each step he took, hoping to uncover a branch that had gotten buried under the heavy snow.

A few minutes later, he heard a CRACK.

Blizzard had kicked a small branch poking out of the snow, and it broke. Upon further inspection, this branch was an offshoot off a larger branch, which was still buried under the snow.

Blizzard quickly dug it up. This large branch was, indeed, very large, even without the offshoot. He quickly pushed the branch into his hood and positioned it over his back so the branch was caught in his hood.

Just as he had done so, he saw the cave up ahead.

He signaled to Denali that he had found what they were looking for, and breathing a sigh of relief, he followed Denali into the cave, eager for a well-deserved respite.

Together, the two friends settled in for what would be a long evening, longing for the morning when, hopefully, they could go and search for their other companions.

(192 words)

Total RP Word Count: 1567

====================

Fayt_of_Redemption

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers