Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. x User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about a week after Lynx had encountered the small mare being attacked by a walker, he'd fought the beast, tried to kill it but it turned cowardly the moment it knew it was beaten and had clawed at his face, temporarily blinding him, before running off and disappearing. He'd been badly hurt, though not mortally so, he had needed to stop and rest however. The smaller mare (and most mares were smaller than he, if he was truly honest) had been afraid of him at first and he knew why, he was big, he had claws and fangs and walker-like features, it wouldn't have been the first time he'd been mistaken for one. He had passed out at the time, his wounds and the fight, having drained him after his travel to this area.

He'd woken to the mare attempting to clean his wounds and caring for him, there had been some fresh leafy greens beside his head when he'd woken. Over the days, they had talked and found they quite enjoyed each other's company while his wounds started to heal. He'd just started to feel well enough to travel when the cold winds had hit, followed quickly by the snowstorm, he'd be an idiot to travel, to try and fly, in these conditions and he had asked the mare for a little more hospitality. "Just until the winds let up a bit?" he asked Akira. She was such a lovely mare, not just pretty but good hearted.

(249 words)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:47 am
Akira would have almost thought her life would have ended that day the walker came. She wasn't strong enough to fight on her own, especially not against one that had the unnatural strength of a rabid beast. If it hadn't of been for Lynx happening upon her in that moment, she surly would have been the walkers meal.

But he had saved her. Despite the risk to his own life.

So naturally when he was wounded, she agreed to let him stay and rest for as long as he needed. She went out regularly to find fresh food and berries, fresh moss and clean water to dab at his wound to keep it free from infection and any soft cloth or material she could find to help support his comfort. A few times he blacked out and she fretted, losing sleep over his unconscious figure, refusing to slumber until she knew he would wake again.

Now finally when he was feeling well enough to be on his way, a snowstorm hit.

Truth be told, she was happy and relieved, though she didn't outright say so. She didn't need him getting the wrong idea... but deep down, she didn't want him to leave. She wanted him to stay here....to not only keep her safe but keep her company as well. He looked fierce, but he was handsome and kind. And surprisingly gentle. When he asked her for permission to stay longer, she smiled, almost beaming. "Of course. You may stay as long as you'd like." she said at first before a blush formed upon her cheeks. "That is to say, as long as this storm lasts..." she added to clarify.... though she did hope he'd remain longer regardless.

But as the storm kicked up, the chill set in and she couldn't help but find herself shivering. "It seems to be a harsh one." she admitted, her words forming as chilled breath against the air.

(323)  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:56 am
There was no way he could ever adequately thank her for tending to his wounds, they were still stiff and sore but as long as he didn't strain himself, there was no fear of them breaking open, he felt lucky really, he'd fought walkers off alone before, wounds like the ones he'd gotten this time, had taken much longer to heal to this point. He shook his head out of his daydreaming when she she answered him. "It really does, it's very strange" he said, nose to the wind. "I've heard mother tell of bad storms" he chuckled "she likes flying in them but she's not as big as i am, apparently she met my stepfather in a thunderstorm"

He'd grown so comfortable with her, it was so easy to be in her company, he admired her honestly, she looked fragile but her inner strength shone through. He did worry though, about her wings in this cold, he'd met a few flutters before and knew their wings could be damaged if they got too cold, he didn't want to mention it though, at least not yet. He stole glances at her when he thought she wasn't looking.

He watched the clouds rolling in, not dark grey like rainstorms, they were lighter but somehow looked more dangerous. A shiver passed through his body as he watched them before turning to Akira again "Do you know anywhere a little more sheltered? some trees perhaps or a cave?" he asked her. He knew he would be fine but he wanted to find somewhere warmer for her sake.

(264)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:16 am
She smiled at the thought of his mother meeting a stallion literally carried by the winds. It sounded like something out of a fairy tail or wild day dream. For her though, flying in storms was not ideal, at least not with how fragile her wings were. When he asked about shelter, she nodded. "Its not far from here, a small cave, curves inward so it should at least block some of the wind." she said, though her legs began to shake. She was growing colder by the moment.

In an attempt to keep her body heat in, she folded all three of her wings as close to her body as she could, wrapping her sides in a leaf winged cocoon. It helped, but not as much as she had hoped. "This way. You are alright to walk, aren't you?" she smiled at him, though she cast a worried glance at the sky. It seemed like any moment now the clouds would burst, letting loose even more snow than there already was. "If we can be quick, that may be better." she said, beginning to head towards the direction she knew the cave would lie.

As they traveled, however, slowly she began to press herself closer to him, unconsciously at first. With each step she felt herself growing colder by the second and it wasn't until she actually bumped into him did she realize she had let herself slip into a daze - her paws were leading her but her head had momentarily shut itself off. "Goodness, I'm so sorry Lynx." she gasped, glancing at him, hoping she hadn't just torn open any wounds on his side or legs. "The wind is.... strong." she half laughed. While it was true the statement was more said in hopes that he'd believe she hadn't done that intentionally.

(304)  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:25 am
He frowned as he watched her shiver, should he ask? ... Damn it, he was going to ask "Can you shrink? like other flutters can?" he said, his voice wavering and uncertain "I mean... if you're cold, i'm worried about your wings, i knew someone once that broke their wing off a litte at the edge when their flutter wings got too cold" he coughed, suddenly feeling like a child who'd been caught asking the wrong questions "I mean.. uh....I could shelter you in my wings if you can get small enough?" he looked away and blushed "And you could direct us to the cave?"

"Yes i'm ok to walk" he answered her "I've had worse" he gave a little laugh. Intensely aware of her closeness as they walked towards the cave she'd mentioned and it definitely wasn't because of his wounds "Why are you sorr....Oh? no, you're ok" he smiled and stretched out a wing, offering her some shelter from the snow now beginning to fall. Thick white flakes sticking to feathers and fur alike. Storm or not, he liked the crunch of snow under his paws. "It is quite strong yes" he said in a distracted way, flakes of snow batting his face so he had to turn it to the side, in doing so, meant he was facing her "I can walk ahead if you like, block some of the wind from you, if you just tell me where to go?" he suggested. The snow falling faster with each passing moment.

(253)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:37 am
Could she shrink?

Hide in his wings??

All the questions made her blush, but she wasn't entirely sure why. "Yes... I can shrink..." she said thoughtfully, tilting her head to the side. A worried look came over her at the mention of breaking of wings and that caused her to shiver more. She didn't want to break any of her wings in any fashion, it sounded rather painful. "If....if thats alright with you....that does sound...nice." she said with a blush, waiting for him to acknowledge.

When he had stopped and turned, moving his wing from over her to the side, she let herself grow smaller, moving closer to him as she did so as to not get swept away by the strong wind. Quickly she found a warm spot nestled between the base of his wings, where they joined with his back. His fur was so plush despite scars and old wounds he had sustained from previous fights. It was almost an instant relief to her, what with her own coat so short. She sunk her paws in, only enough to keep a grip. "Can you hear me alright from back here? Just keep heading this direction. After a few more minutes of travel you should see a cave entrance on your left come into view." she spoke a bit more loudly than she was used too, ensuring she could hear him alright.

(233)  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:46 am
When she said she could shrink, he was immensely relieved, it meant he could protect her all the more. He held his wing steady as she got onto his back and when he felt her settle, he held his wings up and back, covering her in protective fluffy feathers, giving her extra warmth. He barely even felt her claws as she settled herself securely.

"i can hear you just fine" he said, a little louder against the wind than maybe he needed to "are you comfortable enough?" Once he was sure she was secure on his back, between his wings, he started walking as per her instructions and it wasn't long before they got to the cave she had mentioned. The snow falling so thickly though he had almost missed the opening.

Once inside the cave and around the corner she had mentioned, the wind was indeed much less, barely noticeable at all and the snow fell away from the curve so there didn't seem like there'd be a problem with that either. He opened his wings and stretched one out for her to get down off his back, to shift to her more comfortable size if she wanted to. "If you tuck yourself in the curve there, i'll close the circle, keep your wings warm and safe, if you wanted to get some sleep til the storm is over?" he suggested, he would shake the snow off himself once she was down.

(243)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:56 am
To say she had already grown comfortable and at home against his fur was an understatement. The fact that they had already reached the cave almost made her frown. She had let herself enjoy this too much, but she couldn't be the only one receiving shelter and security from the storm. That wouldn't have been very fair or hospitable of her.

When they finally did make it inside, she did slip off him and safely returned to her natural size, though she bit her bottom lip a moment in regret. She wouldn't tell him, of course, that she had wanted to stay that way. After all, it was only warm for her, less so for him.

"You are too kind." she said as he offered to shield her from the wind. She tucked herself into the curve as he had said, but when he settled himself down next to her, she scooted herself closer, pressing her side against his. "To help keep you warm as well." she smiled gently, getting rather lost in his eyes.

After a few moments she had found herself growing drowsy and let herself lay her head down on her paws, near to his. Rain, snow, sun or shine..... she wanted to spend more days with Lynx....just like this.

(213)  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:02 pm
He felt a pang of sadness when she got down off his back, he'd already grown used to her being there. "my mother raised me well" he said with a soft smile before settling down beside her as she did as he'd suggested. He was surprised as she snuggled in closer, he hardly dared breathe, something about Akira just made anywhere feel like 'home' as long as he was with her, "Thank you, very thoughtful" he answered sleepily, watching as she dozed off. He spread a wing out above her, pulled it back in, then thought again and stretched it again, draping it over her before curling inwards, curling around her, He could almost wish this storm would never end, so they could stay, just like this, together.

(128 )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:46 am
Akira smiled, laughing just a bit. "No, thank you. You've been ever so kind...." she said as he pulled a wing over her. She couldn't help but snuggle into the warmth, letting herself relax into him. It was nice and she hoped he would still be there in the morning when she woke. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you." she added softly before a yawn escaped her and her eyes felt heavier. With another soft laugh, sleep finally took her for a night of warmth, companionship and dreams.  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100