Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] The Big Cheese [Ana x Evan][Fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:54 pm
When Ana came to work the afternoon following her happy picnic with Evan and Malcolm, she was in a pretty good mood…it was helped by the fact she had found the absolute best gift for Evan, an apron with a bowl of Mac and Cheese on it, complete with the words in a fancy script of “The Big Cheese”. It was perfect, and she hoped that it made Evan laugh.

God, honestly she would give just about anything to let her boss know that she was Lysithea…that would just…it would be so nice to share that but.

But it was far too dangerous.

Still, she could enjoy two separate relationships with him, and enjoy them both.

Making her way into the food truck, she held out the wrapped package to Evan. “Hey Boss! I found this and thought of you so I got it for you! I hope you like it! I’m ready for a great day if you are!”

Hopefully he was in a better mood, hopefully the picnic had helped to lift his spirits.

[quote="Kyuseisha no Hikari]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:22 pm
Evan blinked at the gift; her arrival had been enough for him to manage a smile in greeting, but when he saw the present it slipped off his face in surprise. “You got me a present? I didn’t get you anything.”

Everything had been set up for the day and he was ready to go; they weren’t open yet but it wasn’t going to be long. And she brought him a present? What was he supposed to do with it, stare at it for the whole shift and wonder?

Curiosity got the best of him, and he reached out, taking it into his hands like it was some sacred treasure. He looked like he’d slept a bit last night, and he had a bit more color than usual. Still dressed in all black, still a little morose, but better, visibly.

“Can I open it now?”

The excitement was setting in, and he looked up at her hopefully. His fingers were digging into the wrapping but he was containing himself, albeit barely.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:31 pm
“Yeah of course! I want you to open it now! And I didn’t get it expecting anything in return. I just saw it and it made me laugh and think of you, and I know you’ve been down, and I hoped it would cheer you up a bit.”

The fact that he wanted to open it made her almost dance in anticipation. Was it too personal? Would he think her stupid for it…or think she was mocking him? Oh…perhaps she hadn’t really thought this through after all.

“If you don’t like it though, that’s fine! It…I mean…”

Ana bit her tongue, unwilling to color his perception of the gift before he had even opened it.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:21 pm
He had been down, he was so absolutely readable about it. But he wasn’t moping around today or sniffling at least, so obviously he just needed to see Lysithea more often. He didn’t give her any more time to worry; he tore the wrapping enthusiastically and then, with great interest, shook out the fabric so he could see.

It took him a few seconds before a smile split across his face–and he laughed.

“This is cute! I’m going to wear it today,” he said, and lowered it like he was going to put it on, and then had to hold it up so he could laugh again. “I like this a lot, Ana. Thank you.”

Evan wasn’t very big, but he was certainly big on cheese, and he was quick to get the apron on. He smoothed his hands over the fabric and laughed again, and for a moment the worry and doubt on his face seemed to completely melt away.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:23 am
The sound of Evan’s laughter made Ana utterly beam. This was more than she had expected or hoped for…and all of her fears about him not liking the gift were washed away as easily as sidewalk chalk after the rain.

“I’m glad you like it! It really made me laugh, and I just hoped it would help you feel better. I know that you still really miss your friend but.”

She broke off and gave a small smile, trying to figure out what to say next.

But he had other friends who cared about him too? But…but what?

Finally Ana just shrugged. “But until you find her again, you have me! And I think you’re the cheesiest!”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:44 am
Evan paused briefly but then looked up with something of a smile still in place. “That’s actually a really weird story.”

He debated keeping it to himself because the truth was a weird story, but…

There were ways to tell it without it being so very strange.

“I saw her last night. She didn’t know it was me, but she acted like herself. She was okay, but it’s like she has amnesia. But. She said we could be friends. And I want to be friends. She’s still her, even if she doesn’t remember it. I don’t know, maybe it’s just one of those freak accidents of nature or something. But she’s not mad at me, she doesn’t hate me. She just…doesn’t know me.”

A sadness, but he smiled through it and smoothed out the apron again.

“But that’s okay. We get to start all over again. She’s still herself. Lonely, though! So I hope I get to see her again soon. I really missed her.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 am
Ana paused and then blinked, tilting her head for a moment and then breaking into a somewhat hesitant smile. “Evan! That’s awesome! Did you run into her by chance? That was so lucky…I…”

Had he run into someone after the picnic? That seemed unlikely…and he hadn’t told her…hadn’t told her as Lysithea that they knew one another, but…what else could she take from that.

“How…how did she…lose her…I mean, did she hit her head? Did you tell her that she was your friend? I knew that she couldn’t hate you, that’s the easiest thing there, but…ah. No wonder you’re so much happier today…”

There was a funny, conflicted feeling in her stomach. She wanted him to have his friend…but she didn’t want to lose him to…and she wanted…huh.

Swallowing, Ana turned to count the money in the cash box, making sure there was enough for change for the day. “I’m happy for you!”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:38 pm
Evan just shrugged and fussed around the kitchen to make himself comfortable so they could get things up and running. “I didn’t ask. It was a total fluke. But she said she was stressed out about everyone who said they knew her and she felt like she had to live up to their expectations and be someone she can’t remember and, like. I wasn’t going to do that to her. I just saw her. I wanted to have fun. I wanted to know she was okay. She doesn’t have to try and be anyone–or to be who she thinks I want her to be. And I didn’t say anything, and it was just like it used to be, so I’m glad I didn’t. I don’t want her to be uncomfortable around me.”

He was testing out the pockets in his apron and seemed delighted that they swallowed his hands up past his wrist.

“Do you think that’s weird? Or unfair?” he asked suddenly. “I don’t think I’m lying to her. And I’m not friends with her just because of who she used to be. I got invited to show up by a friend. And–I didn't know where she was. I thought she could be hurt or something, but…she’s here. Alive. And she’s been to my food truck since she forgot me! And I didn’t even know!

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:45 pm
Ana’s hand slipped and the change box fell from the counter and clattered to the floor, making her wince. “Oh my god, Evan I’m so sorry, I’m not sure what even happened!”

Yes she was. She was his missing friend. Or. Lysithea was. But.

As she quickly began picking up the coins that had rolled across the floor, Ana felt as though she were battling a wave of nausea. What would have happened if he had said something? Would…would she have believed it?

“...What happened to her? That she forgot you? What’s the whole story? Cause like…if you feel like it’s lying to her…um. Maybe it is. You could just practice with me what you’d say to her, and I’ll tell you if it sounds creepy or insane or anything. If you want.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:02 pm
“Ana!” Evan hurriedly rushed over and scrambled to pick up the coins to help out, glancing between the floor and her.

“I don’t know, I didn’t want to ask a whole lot. I’m just a stranger to her, too many questions are rude. She’ll tell me if she wants to. But, um. I don’t know. I would just…”

He fell quiet. “I don’t know. If I said anything to her then she might feel like I was doing what everyone else was doing. She helped save me. From all the bad places I always get myself into. She means a lot to me. It’s why I want her to be okay, no matter what. It’s not her fault she forgot, I wouldn’t want her to think like that. But–I don’t know. I’m scared to mess it up. Really scared. I shouldn’t say anything. I’m sorry, Ana. I’m a coward. I’m too afraid to lose her again.”

She looked a little pale and he was immediately worried; his stomach flipped in that weird way like maybe he’d done something wrong? She had seemed fine just a minute ago. There wasn’t a carbon monoxide or gas leak, right? He didn’t smell anything but he couldn’t help but worry.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to pick it up. I’ll get it. Do you need to sit down? I can get you some water.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:10 pm
“No, no I’m fine…I just got a little dizzy, that’s all. I mean. Maybe i’ll sit down for a second, yeah…that does actually sound pretty good…”

She did, sitting right there on the floor, scooting out of the way and back so she was in her spot. Cambria’s old spot.

“I’m so sorry, I’m not sure what happened but um. How can she tell you what happened if she forgot it? Or how will she know to tell you if she’s forgotten you? I really think…I mean if she was your friend. And she is your friend now…I’m sure that she would trust you. It’s not like you’re using her or trying to trick her…you’re far too nice for that.”

Leaning her head against the back of the seat, she nodded after a moment. “...I would actually love some water if you don’t mind…but um…please tell me what happened? How did she forget such a wonderful friend? I mean you clearly love her a lot…”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:04 pm
Evan left the few coins still on the ground and immediately went to get her a bottle of water–and a sugary soda, and a grilled cheese sandwich that he’d made for himself but thought she needed more. He returned to her side quickly and handed everything over.

“I guess…it’s kinda like a sickness. You know weird things are always happening in Destiny City, right? I think it’s something like that. She didn’t recognize me, so that’s how I know she forgot. She said it was nice to meet me, so I just sort of…assumed. But–no, I wouldn’t try to trick her. I mean, why? I don’t want anything. I mean–yeah, I want…my friend back. But–no, that sounds selfish. That’s not what I’d want to say to her. I don’t want her to think she has to compete with herself, or–I don’t want her to think that I want her to be someone else. I just.”

He was quiet and flopped down onto the ground to sit with her. “I don’t want to be selfish. It can’t be just about me. If she forgot me, if she forgot everything we had, then–that’s it. It’s in the past. And I’m not going to get that back.” And it broke his heart. He drew his knee up so he could rest against it, and kept his head down because he was happy to see her, but the finality of her not knowing was still settling in. He didn’t want to think about it, but…

He couldn’t have this conversation without saying it.

“She shouldn’t have to feel bad about that. I wish I could tell her all the things we did together, and what she means to me. But…that’s so much pressure, you know? Like she has to live up to this fantastic person, but–the thing is, she’s the same person. She just doesn’t remember. I could tell, when we were sitting together? She laughs the same way. Hugs the same way. Plays games the same way. But she thinks she’s only known me for a few hours. And, like–it’s okay if she doesn’t remember. I want to be her friend. I want to make new memories with her. I wanna be there for her like she always has been for me. Just because she doesn’t remember doesn’t change the fact that she’s still important to me. Whoever she is.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:19 pm
“I don’t…” She took the water, soda and sandwich and cradled them all against her chest as she took in his words, mulling them over for a long while before speaking.

Finally, Ana cleared her throat and took a long drink of the soda, shivering just a little. “I don’t think you’re being selfish by telling her that you miss her…and when…when you tell her all of this stuff. I mean. I know that personally, if I were to be told that…you I mean. If I was in that situation. Being told that you like me just because I’m me and that you’re excited to make new memories…I just think that all sounds so sweet, Evan…”

She wanted to know how they had met. Wanted to know if he knew she had been stolen from the Negaverse by the White Moon…wanted to hear just what about her that he knew.

“She’s so lucky to have you. Lucky to have you as a friend and lucky to have you loving her the way you clearly do.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm
Evan’s cheeks tinted pink, as they often did when someone said something nice to him. He often seemed embarrassed first, either in the present or in the expectation of being teased in the future. He’d been tricked and humiliated before, and sometimes it was obvious.

Sometimes he just seemed so happy that it was genuine.

The smile on his face meant he trusted her enough to think she meant it.

“Well, she only deserves the best, so I’ll give her all of mine. I wish you could meet her, Ana. Maybe you will. She said she likes my food. I don’t know. I’ll think about it,” he said, and it wasn’t just lip service. He would think about it.

“...I don’t lose good things and have them walk back into my life, Ana. I almost cried when I saw her. I think I did. What a dork,” he sighed, and rubbed at his face. “I was just so worried something bad happened! Like, that she was–I don’t know. Kidnapped, or murdered. I wish I could bring her home. Wish I could introduce her to my cat, and my dog. My fiance.” Her boyfriend. “Her family. Wish I could make her breakfast in bed. I’m just worried I’m gonna open my mouth and something dumb is going to come out. I will literally die if I scare her away, Ana.”

Melodramatic, but he seemed sincere, at least.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm
Ana swallowed hard and took a bite of her sandwich to stop her own lip from wobbling with the feelings that were overwhelming her, and she thought she did a good job, though at the idea of him scaring her away, she had to snort, and then coughed, bits of the sandwich having gone up her nose.

When she managed to get it all out, she shook her head, giving him a look. “Evan, honey. And I mean this in the kindest way possible. But you are about as scary as a baby bunny in a ballerina costume with tiny little socks on its tiny little bunny feet. Besides, you’re honest and sincere and if she’s scared away by that…then she’s a fool. But I really don’t think that could be any kind of a problem.”

She sipped at the soda again and grinned suddenly.

“Besides. If you fill her up with enough food, she won’t be able to run!”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas