Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Halloween-R] Beware the Fog of War (Vaylin & Velyria)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:08 am
Quote:
One Foggy Night (5): As the seasons shift, the temperature changes too. It’s not uncommon for fog to roll in, sometimes from the mountains, sometimes out of nowhere. This fog is particularly thick and difficult to see through; Destiny City has issued several weather warnings and cautions being out or driving at night. It’s easy to get lost and difficult to see obstacles. Not to mention the strange, smothering sensation of dread and fear that rolls in with the fog. While there is sometimes the sensation of being watched, it worsens when the sun goes down. Some have even said they’ve caught glimpses of a tall, horned figure traveling with the fog. The news has reported that this is probably just a side effect of climate change and suspects that weather patterns should return to normal towards the end of the month.

Vaylin was concerned as she sat outside the dome, there was a strange fog or something rolling in over the city. It was obscuring everything. Was this weather normal for the Earth? That was worrying if so, the fog was so thick she could easily see someone, even a trained cadet, getting lost.

But beyond that something felt wrong to her about the fog. She couldn't put her finger on it but it left her with a horrible feeling of dread. She had felt like someone was watching her, a worrying prospect. Were they about to be under attack. If she had any further evidence beyond a feeling she would already be raising the alarm but she didn't want to let paranoia get the better of her.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice the figure approaching her. When she did she jumped up. "Oh Commander ma'am I didn't see you, sorry." She said standing at attention.

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:52 pm
The fog was a problem. Anyone with half a child's understanding of tactics could see how a fog that obscured your ability to monitor approaches was a problem, but Velyria was especially concerned.

She hadn't had much time to leave the dome since they'd arrived, although she'd monitored her little sister's and the other cadet's reports carefully, looking for any information relevant to her; a few things had stood out, but mostly, she was just monitoring.

It was with a frown that she stepped out of the dome and into the fog, hoping to get a closer look at it. It was....awful. Thick, and cold, and it made her wish she had something to protect her legs. Still, she gave Vaylin a smile, and shook her head.

"It's alright, Cadet; it's hard to see anything in this. Or hear, for that matter." She frowned, looking out into the distance. "Have you noticed anything amiss? Or seen anyone else go wandering out? I don't want to see any of us get lost because of some bizarre land-cloud phenomenon."

Aurelius0815

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm
"It definitely is ma'am." Vaylin agreed. "I wonder if the Earth often gets weather phenomena this bad." She didn't like it, it was interrupting her research into the Earth and the lack of visibility was dangerous.

"To my knowledge no Cadets have gone out ma'am but.... I have been seeing things." She was hesitant to report on what she had seen without having any firm details since she didn't want to waste the Commodore or the Commanders' time. But her superior was asking her directly so she continued on despite her reservations. "I've seen a strange figure moving around in the fog. I don't think it was human but I'm not certain."

"If you'd like ma'am I can go investigate." She offered, her knife was charged and ready if she ran into any danger. If the higher ups deemed it valuable for the mission she would gladly brave the fog.

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:25 am
Vaylin's report made Velyria frown, and she narrowed her eyes out at the mists. Though she didn't detect any movement herself, she was not inclined to assume that one of the Cadets was lying; there was no reason to exaggerate, and Vaylin did not seem to be displaying any symptoms of illness or mind alteration.

So, perhaps whatever the Cadet had seen was simply not here, at the moment.

"No," she said, firmly, reaching out and putting a hand on Vaylin's shoulder. "If there are mysterious figures in the fog, there is no way to know if they may be something dangerous, and it is not your job or mine to risk our lives on this mission." She shook her head, firmly. "We will stay close, and observe, for a little while longer--I would like to see this figure, if it returns, and perhaps we can make some recordings with the ComTechs. But we will not venture out, and if it does not reappear in a reasonable period, we will return into the dome until the fog passes."

She would not see a Cadet harmed. Certainly not to satiate curiosity.

Aurelius0815

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 pm
Vaylin nodded, her commander was right, investigating whatever that thing in the fog was would be too dangerous. She did disagree slightly though that if it meant the success or failure of the mission then she would be willing to give her life to the cause of her people that was afterall why she had join the Vanguard in the first place. But she knew the knowledge of what was in the fog was likely immaterial to the success of the Mission so it'd be a needless risk with likely little reward.

"I wonder if it could be one of the Youma the Negaverse employs." She mused to out loud. "Maybe the fog could be created by it." But even if that were true it would be better to leave that problem for the Knights and Senshi to deal with. They would know whether this weather was a natural phenomena on their planet or if it was a magical one and they would be better equipped to deal with it.

"Yes Ma'am" She said getting her ComTech out and ready. "If you'd like Ma'am I can continue to keep watch and let you know what I find."

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:43 pm
"Perhaps," Velyria acknowledged. That theory seemed quite likely, all things considered--the Negaverse's monsters could do much strangeness. "If so, I hope it stays far from our camp."

No need to take any especially unnecessary risks. She sat down, crossing her legs, and shook her head, briefly.

"I will stay with you, as I said. Let us observe with care."

Aurelius0815

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:42 am
Vaylin nodded as she settled into her perch keeping a watchful eye on the fog. She glanced at her Commander, she respected the woman alot. So accomplished so powerful and yet she still made time to sit watch with a Cadet. Vaylin hoped one day she would be like her and she knew accomplishing this mission was the first stepping stone to that. She looked back to the fog if something was in it she would make sure she spotted it.

Noir Songbird
fin

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces