Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Deflated and Defeated[Ilya x Caleb][Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:41 pm
Caleb had his bag over one shoulder and was heading to Yu’s house, but when he got close and knocked...it seemed like none of the three were home. That was…

...Really disappointing, honestly. He gave a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his hair, idly thinking that it was way overdue for a cut. Maybe he could just buzz it off. That...might not look too terrible. Maybe.

His eyes slid over to the house next door. Ilya lived there...and his car was out front so…

Well. So maybe he could deal with Caleb in his mild panic.

Someone should, or it might not end quite well. With another long sigh, he waited for just a minute longer and gave up, walking slowly, somewhat dejectedly over to the other house and knocked on the door, feeling like his adrenaline had completely drained from his system. Mirrors. What a joke. What a crapy, stupid joke.

God, he hoped that Ilya really was home and hadn’t gone out with the trio...That would just…

Honestly it would be his luck.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 pm
Ilya was obviously not used to someone knocking on his door, so when he answered it was with a bit of reservation. The door didn’t open for a second--not until he’d had a chance to look through the peephole, and then the unmistakable sound of a lock twisting from behind the door broke the silence.

He pushed open the door a second later and glanced to both sides of the porch, and behind Caleb, like he expected someone was waiting to jump out.

“Caleb,” he greeted; he hadn’t seen him in a bit, and usually they only spoke in passing or when they bumped into each other. It was a convenient friendship; they were social when their paths crossed, but they didn’t seem to necessarily go out of their way to seek each other out.

“Is everything all right?” he asked, as was his nature when anyone showed up on his doorstep--as if he didn’t get visitors to see him, just to ask for help.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Caleb gave a little wave, forcing a lopsided grin onto his face. “That’s me. Nothing’s wrong, I just. HYou know. Wanted to chill somewhere, and the Trio weren’t at home, but I saw your car and thought it would be nice to spend time with you...without the lovebugs. And without...dead bodies to take care of.”

He shrugged. It was plausible at least, but he just didn’t want to be alone, that was the jist of it...though if Ilya knew that he might be at least a little unhappy with it...it made it seem as though he were using him, after all...which really wasn’t the case!

“My Ex was being weird. Though I guess that’s my fault for ever moving in with him. Can I come in? It’s a bit of a long story and...I don’t know. I guess it’s just a lot. If you’re busy or just...don’t want to deal with my dumb issues, I can go! It’s really no big deal. I normally work things out on my own, I just. You’re a senshi too so. It’s. I don’t know. Nevermind. I’m so sorry to be a bother!”

Caleb forced another grin and shrugged, adjusting his duffel bag on his shoulder. “See you around?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 am
Ilya flinched when he so casually mentioned dead bodies, but he wasn’t always easy to read anyway.

“Caleb,” he said slowly, because he could tell that something was off. People didn’t just show up on your doorstep talking about corpses and being a Senshi and walk away okay. “Come in,” he said. He opened his door and stepped aside to make room. “Please just take off your shoes.”

The house smelled clean, like Ilya always did. There was a hand sanitizer dispenser by the door and everything was impeccably spotless. “I was just doing some paperwork. It can wait, I’m not busy. Do you need a drink or something?”

He eyed the duffel bag because he’d seen enough of those to know that people didn’t carry them around when they wanted to. He’d seen plenty of lives packed up into a single bag, he always expected the worst.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:12 pm
At the flinch, Caleb let the false grin fade completely. This had been stupid. Ilya wasn’t even really his friend. It was a friendship of convenience, due to the fact they had friends in common...he should have just gotten a hotel room again and dealt with his issues the way he had when Benji was corrupted.

Vanishing into the void wasn’t so hard.

The invitation made him pause in his flight and he shrugged. “I don’t want to impose. I just. Didn’t want to be alone, I didn’t mean to bother you. I left my house and I thought Yu would be home. I don’t…”

He rubbed at the bridge of his nose and let out a long breath, shrugging. “What do you have to drink?” Caleb took his shoes off, tucking them into the corner by the door and looked up at Ilya, seeming utterly tired. This. Was a familiar feeling. Not as bad as it had been, but...close.

Honestly, he hadn’t quite realized until now just how much he had hoped that he and Xi would get back together. They were living together. It was the perfect...no.

It wasn’t the perfect anything, except for maybe the perfect storm.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:21 am
Ilya almost looked sad to see the tired expression, like he could feel how thin Caleb was spread.

“You aren’t imposing, and you’re not a bother. You don’t have to be alone,” he reassured. “Make yourself comfortable, you’re welcome here. I have water, juice, tea. Do you need something to drink? I’ve got some wine,” he offered, and it seemed like he intended to offer complete hospitality.

He was worried about Caleb, whether or not Caleb thought they were on friendly enough terms for such.

“What’s going on at your house?” he asked, guiding Caleb into the house even as he went to the kitchen to get him something to drink.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:30 pm
“...Wine would be great, actually. Yeah.” Caleb followed Ilya to the kitchen and sat down at the table, letting his duffel bag rest on the ground. He laid his head down on his arms and shrugged. “It’s. Stupid. I lived with my ex. And his two current boyfriends. His Sister, and just. Whoever else he decided to bring home...and it was a lot of people. He said he wanted to talk to me about something…”

He sighed softly, rubbing at his face. “He just. I thought for a second that he was going to ask me to go out with him again. I had been hoping that since he asked me to move in with him, I guess. Kind of. I don’t know.” Caleb closed his eyes against the sudden sting.

“I’m lonely, I guess. And then he started talking about mirrors, and I don’t know if he was going to try and say he was a mirror senshi or something, or was trying to tell me that they were yippie great great? But...I didn’t want to hear whatever he said. So...I left. And I decided for my head and my heart...it would just be better if I left. I’m...annoyed, but…”

He shrugged. “...I guess it hasn’t felt like my home since everyone else started moving in…”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 am
Ilya didn’t always understand what someone was saying, but he understood how to listen. He pulled a glass down and poured Caleb some wine as he listened, and just as Caleb finished speaking, he’d finished pouring. He set the glass down in front of him and sat down at the table across from him.

The bottle of wine remained at his elbow, available for more but away enough that it wasn’t coming between them.

“I’m sorry,” he said honestly. “That sounds very frustrating. Two boyfriends sound like a lot to juggle.” No shade to his friends next door, of course. It didn’t sound like Caleb had been attached to the other boyfriends, or the sister, just his ex.

“Sometimes the right decision is still a hard one, Caleb. I think it’s a good thing that you left. If he doesn’t reciprocate your feelings, you’re in a crowded environment where you’re constantly reminded of that. I get overwhelmed when there are too many people around. Can’t imagine five people living together. Sounds chaotic.”

And messy.

He looked at Caleb’s bag for a few seconds, and then back up to him.

“Do you need somewhere quiet to stay while you figure things out?”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:05 pm
Caleb paused and took a drink of the wine as he muddled through what Ilya was saying. What Ilya was asking. Finally he sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. “...It was a big place but like…” He ran a hand through his hair and drained the glass, sighing softly. “...I don’t know. Maybe I’m overreacting. Maybe I have overreacted but...It doesn’t feel like home.”

He wasn’t quite sure about the invitation. Wasn’t sure if it was genuine or just something out of sympathy...but.

“...You mean that, Ilya? I know you don’t really like people in your space...I don’t mind getting a hotel room again. I’ve done it before.” It hadn’t been great but. He had survived. And he did have other friends this time. Friends he could patrol with. Hang out with. Friends who cared.

“I would appreciate it though...I won’t lie...If you really mean it…”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 pm
Ilya nodded without any real hesitation. “I wouldn’t have offered it if I wasn’t prepared to follow through. I like my space,” he admitted, because he wasn’t going to lie about something so obvious. “But I trust you. It would be rude to turn out a friend in need.”

Because--they were friends, weren’t they?

Maybe not in the traditional sense, but Ilya had come to think of Caleb as someone he could rely on, and they were friendly enough when they saw each other.

“I like things clean and organized, but I have a guest room you can do with what you will. Make yourself comfortable while you sort things out. I shouldn't have anyone coming over to bother you. I mean, you know everyone next door. Oh. My brother might visit, he’s been ‘checking in on me’ more lately. Always happens towards the end of the year, especially around the holidays. I’ll text you if I know he’s coming over. He’s friendly though, he won’t give you a hard time if you’re around, but he is allowed to let himself in. I’ll let him know I have a guest. It’ll be fine,” he reassured. “We’ll figure this out. It’ll be okay, Caleb. Don’t stress about where you’re going to stay, take some time to figure yourself out, figure what you want and where you want to go. You don’t have to rush yourself, I don’t mind.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 pm
Caleb still hesitated, but looked almost hopeful, nodding. “Yeah? I mean...yeah. I’ll try to stay out of your way, I’ll look for a new place but…” Rubbing the back of his head, the male sighed. “...I do tend to get a little depressed, I guess. That’s what happened while I was in the hotel the last time so...it might be nice to have someone there. I’ll help you clean, I’m good at that, and I’ve never been a bad houseguest, at least I don’t think I have. Um…”

He swallowed and gave a small, hesitant smile that continued to grow a bit. Ilya was talking about the holidays, like this was going to possibly be something long term...that.

It would be nice to not be alone for the holidays. That was always the worst.

“Yeah...yeah if you’re offering, I would be honored to take you up on it. Can I do anything in return? Do you want a patrol buddy? I’m damn good at patrolling...I can make sure you stay safe.” Not that he needed help but...still. It was always nice to have someone watching your back.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:23 am
Ilya wanted, very much, to protest that Caleb did not need to help him clean, but he wasn’t ungrateful so he just smiled politely.

“A patrol buddy would be very responsible I think. I haven’t been getting out as much as I should. And I can’t help but worry that everyone’s always safer with a partner.”

He might have been the Senshi of Loneliness but that didn’t mean he liked to be lonely.

“We’ll figure it out,” he assured, but shook his head to dismiss the thought. “Tonight, just relax. Have you eaten? We can order delivery if you haven’t. You can get settled in and take it easy. There’s a television in the guest room, it’s got cable, streaming services. There’s a big bathtub if you just want to soak. If you want company, I’m in the living room doing paperwork, but we can put something on, or talk some more. I have time,” he assured. “...You’re a welcome guest. I know I’m not the best at expressing that. But I hope you’ll trust me when I say it.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Caleb hesitated and nodded, giving a small, relieved smile. “...Well s**t. I hadn’t...expected this. Thank you, Ilya. I haven’t eaten...I’ll order something in if you want? And I’m more than willing to help with bills while I'm here. I have plenty of money.”

He could easily get an apartment of his own but…

But this seemed like such a better option, and he relaxed. “The soak sounds great, I might do that after dinner, and..let me know if you ever don’t want company, I’ll hide in my room then, I won’t be offended.” And he wouldn’t. Living alone you got used to being alone...and he didn’t want to piss off his new host on the first day.

Tomorrow though...that would be a different story.

“Again, Thanks. I’m...excited.”

Caleb had a home again, and that...was such a nice feeling.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:17 pm
Ilya offered a polite smile, and he might not have been particularly expressive but he was earnest about it, and something in him seemed to soften.

“I’ll take you up on that,” he agreed. “Order whatever you like, get settled. I’ll move my papers and make some room for you to join me in the living room. I am a clean freak,” he warned, even if he knew Caleb already knew this about him. “But cleaning helps me calm down. And coming home to a clean house helps me calm down. You know my job,” he shrugged.

“I’m used to being alone, I’m used to doing what I want to do. I know I’m pretty deep rooted in my habits, but I’ll do my best to make sure you feel welcome. Sometimes I have bad days, and I do like the quiet. And, the smell of bleach. But I’ve gotten better at communicating, so. We’ll make this work,” he promised, and smiled again.

“Tonight is for relaxing, and taking care of your mental health. So no more fussing about bills or cleaning, okay? I’ll put my work away and try to be good company.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:39 pm
Caleb gave a little chuckle and a smile, nodding. “Sweet. Yeah that’s fine. Could you show me what room is mine? I’ll put my stuff down and get food ordered…” He swallowed and wanted to thank the male again, but just gave another smile. “Relaxing and taking care of mental health it is. We should watch a movie maybe, if you’re feeling up to it.”

Or go patrolling but...that could end in some violence so...perhaps not the very best idea.

Tomorrow though. They could patrol tomorrow, and figure out bills and cleaning tomorrow too...but. Not now. Tomorrow was far enough away that now he didn’t have to worry about it at all...which was a big relief.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff