Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prosperity & Ruin

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Soul Eater-based role playing guild. Active in 2022! 

Tags: Soul Eater, Roleplay, DWMA, Witch, Dark Fantasy 

Reply ⇨ DWMA
💀⇨ Cathedral

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:39 am
User Image

⇨☾⇨The Cathedral is a cavernous section of the DWMA. It is common for Meisters to have class here and it is also a dedicated space of worship and study for Cleric Meisters.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:38 pm
        User Image
        「 Demon Weapon Polearm ▪ ▪ Caregiver ▪ Teamplayer 」
        「 Str: 0 ▪ Dex: 0 ▪ Wis: 4 ▪ Gut: 2 」
        Stamina | ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Sho found himself kneeling; his elbows perched on the backrest of the seat in front of him, fingers merged, and forehead resting ever so lightly against the knuckles of his thumbs. Here he reached out to the higher powers with his heart, lending the world his strength the only way he could as everyone was filtering out into the streets. Taking the trip to the city hall alone would be a mistake and put him and likely others in danger as well. Without a Meister to utilize his abilities, he would get in the way of his classmates - he knew this well enough to set aside his own pride and stay away. So, he would pray for them to be stronger in his stead and for the sake of life and death. Despite this unfortunate and frankly embarrassing predicament, Sho was surprisingly content with the situation. While he couldn’t deny the bitter feeling of being a let-down, he was sure that some day he’d get to play his part in world order. There was also comfort sitting there, the familiar feeling of the stone underneath his knees bringing soreness that he had grown accustomed to over a lifetime of praying. No matter what darkness may cloud his judgement, he knew this would bring his mind back on track and away from personal issues.

It was strange being practically alone. Praying was something for everyone and while he practiced prayers alone every night before bed, sitting in the nearly empty cathedral felt strange. It was a good kind of strange, but strang all the same. Knowing that there were clerics out in the field helping those in need gave him a sense of security that the circle of life would be victorious on this day, and that many kishin eggs would be collected to strengthen those that protect the world.

Sitting there in silence, his eyes closed and head down, he smiled as that was the state of his heart, calm and optimistic in the night’s challenges.

No one rn | Company
        First post, have mercy on me ! | Out of Cookies

↯ 🇵​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇷​​​​​🇰​​​​​🇸​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Polearm Perks
        Tier One
        ↯ This Is Sparta! ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        The wielder can use their polearm to pole vault themselves over an incoming technique or spell. Doing so allows them to dodge for one level less in cost. This has a five post cooldown.

↯ Achilles Sans Heel ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        A second opponent can be targeted with a technique without dividing the strength. This perk has a five post cooldown.

↯ Double Penetration ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        When the polearm is thrust, the tip of the spear is mirrored and a one level lower version of the thrust appears to double the attack at a minimum of level one. This ability has a five post cooldown.

Tier Two
        ↯ Donatello ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        A Polearm technique can be used with a same level duplicate attack following it for no action or cost once every five posts.

↯ Joust ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        A technique from this skill tree can overwhelm techniques of the same level once every five posts.

Blunt Weapon Perks
        Tier One
        ↯ Mace of Molag Bal ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        The user can combine a blunt weapon technique with another weapon skill tree technique for one action. This perk has a five post cooldown.

↯ Vikings ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        A blunt weapon functions one level higher in strength at a maximum of level five. This perk has a five post cooldown.

Soul Resonance (From Team-player)
        Tier One
        ↯ Determined ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        The user is able to split a single attack against two targets without reducing the strength of the technique once every five posts.

↯ Overreaction ↯ (Cooldown: 0)
        The user is able to use one technique twice in a post for the same action. Both costs are paid. This perk is usable once per Soul Resonance partner in the Soul Resonance team.

↯ 🇹​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇨​​​​​🇭​​​​​🇳​​​​​🇮​​​​​🇶​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇸​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Polearm Weapon
        ⇨ Thrust | Scaled Level | Tier 1 | Stamina | Weapon
        The wielder stabs their polearm at a target. The force behind this stabbing motion is so powerful that it breaks the air and causes a shockwave. The amount of stamina applied to this technique determines the power and potency of the stab.

Blunt Weapon
        ⇨ Bludgeon | Scaled Level | Tier 1 | Stamina
        The user swings their blunt weapon and applies as much force behind the weapon as they find preferable. The higher the amount of stamina applied the more lower level spells and techniques that the blunt weapon will crush and destroy.

⇨ Earthen Shield Smash | Level 2 | Tier 1 | Stamina
        The blunt weapon wielder smashes the ground and raises a chunk of the earth up as a shield that blocks against level two and lower techniques and spells.

Soul Resonance
        ⇨ Resonance Barrier | Scaled Level | Tier 1 | Stamina
        The Meister channels the Soul Resonance energy outward, producing a visible barrier around their person and that of each other team member. The tier of this technique determines its strength, although the barrier will act one level higher in strength if the Soul Resonance includes three or more people.

⇨ Resonance Wavelength | Level 1 | Tier 1 | Stamina
        Even if the Meister is uninitiated in the art of fighting with a wavelength directly, experienced Soul Resonance Meisters are capable of channeling their wavelength and their partners' wavelength easily, producing a radial blast from their person that is twenty feet wide.

⇨ Soul Piercer | Level 2 | Tier 1 | Stamina
        The Meister weaponizes their resonating soul wavelength in a spear-like shape ahead of them. The spear of wavelength shoots out from their person up to fifty feet ahead.

⇨ Witch Hunter | Level 2 | Tier 1 | Stamina
        Named after the famed scythe Meister technique, this skill uses the same concept of sharply channeling resonating soul wavelength energy through the weapon to grow it in size and strength. The Meister is able to produce a basic attack or swing with this technique active, which will treat magic-based defenses and techniques one level lower in strength. Lasts for two posts.

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:09 pm
User Image
Alex Sullivan
[Meister][Sage][☆][Level I]["Normal"]
[Strength: 0][Dexterity: 0][Wisdom: 4][Guts: 2]

Alex didn't have a weapon, fighting wasn't really their forte either. At least not on their own. They were also new anyways, supposedly prodigal, but new none-the-less. Deciding that as opposed to rushing in and trying to help they would choose to instead offer prayer to the others. Not only that but they could study some of the clerical abilities in the mean time as well. Not feeling particularly abnormal enough to just rush into trying to fight on their own. They knew their capabilities, and they knew if it came down to it they could use a lone weapon who happened to have also rushed in if they wanted. Thought running through their head as they entered the Cathedral. It was empty, which was not normal for the Cathedral. Clerics often found themselves all over the place, classes and studying was often also all over the place here. But right now, it was likely....

Their thoughts cut short as they noticed a form sitting in silence. Another who had not went to City Hall. Perhaps someone in the same situation as them? Alex would approach slowly, quiet although not so quiet that the person they were approaching wouldn't notice them. Alex was aware of how off-setting it could be for someone to just sort of appear from no where so rarely made efforts to be sneaky in situations such as these. The young meister would stop as they came to other in the Cathedral. Waiting for what they assumed was the figure's silent prayer to seem to be done before speaking. "Hi!" They said, their voice warm and full of child-like wonder and excitement. They were rather happy they wouldn't be here alone at the very least. "I'm Alex, I stayed back from the fight because I don't think I'd be much helpful out there right now. Are you here for the same reason?" They asked them, clearly their tone indicating it wasn't as if they were trying to be mean or anything of the sort. Simply talkative!

Ashtail Foxclaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:59 pm
        User Image
        Stamina | ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

The silence of the Cathedral was soon offset by the sound of footsteps and although this person was light on their toes, in comparison to the room, even a needle or a breath could make an echo. Sho was well aware of them, but thought they were simply there to pray like himself, soon to sit in silence and offer their strength to Lord Death’s warriors. Then, the steps stopped at his row, and as Sho lifted his head to open his eyes and gaze at who granted him their precious attention, They greeted him. The tone of this person’s voice was light and warm, carrying that childlike innocence one would expect of their appearance, and their greeting was heartfelt and chipper. Sho couldn’t help but smile in return, nodding his head once in response. Good evening. He said, smooth and soft to match the otherwise tranquil aura of the space they were in. Some might find the silence in churches somber, but not him.

Listing as he slowly rose to his feet -though only enough to lean back onto the seat behind him- Sho scooted further in on the row and gently padded next to himself, offering up the space for this new person. I’m afraid so. Though it would be my honour to help, I would only be in the way of the others without a Meister to wield me in battle. Even then I would’ve gladly gone along, but as I’m simply going to be in the way, I stayed back and now offer up my prayer instead. The name is Sho, by the way, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. reaching his right hand out towards the other, Sho gave them a big friendly smile. Are all your friends out fighting? I heard it was quite the stir in town, but I’m sure everyone will be okay... Though, it still feels frustrating being unable to do anything. Even though he said this, he seemed quite content just being there, not letting the negativity pull him down but simply let it be a tool to make him stronger for another time. "Today's weakness is tomorrow's strength, or what one might say."

Alex | Company
        xoxo | Out of Cookies

Ichengo Angelus.

Polearm Perks
        Tier One
        The wielder can use their polearm to pole vault themselves over an incoming technique or spell. Doing so allows them to dodge for one level less in cost. This has a five post cooldown.

A second opponent can be targeted with a technique without dividing the strength. This perk has a five post cooldown.

When the polearm is thrust, the tip of the spear is mirrored and a one level lower version of the thrust appears to double the attack at a minimum of level one. This ability has a five post cooldown.

Tier Two
        A Polearm technique can be used with a same level duplicate attack following it for no action or cost once every five posts.

A technique from this skill tree can overwhelm techniques of the same level once every five posts.

Blunt Weapon Perks
        Tier One
        The user can combine a blunt weapon technique with another weapon skill tree technique for one action. This perk has a five post cooldown.

A blunt weapon functions one level higher in strength at a maximum of level five. This perk has a five post cooldown.

Tier One
        The user is able to split a single attack against two targets without reducing the strength of the technique once every five posts.

The user is able to use one technique twice in a post for the same action. Both costs are paid. This perk is usable once per Soul Resonance partner in the Soul Resonance team.

Polearm Weapon
        The wielder stabs their polearm at a target. The force behind this stabbing motion is so powerful that it breaks the air and causes a shockwave. The amount of stamina applied to this technique determines the power and potency of the stab.

Blunt Weapon
        The user swings their blunt weapon and applies as much force behind the weapon as they find preferable. The higher the amount of stamina applied the more lower level spells and techniques that the blunt weapon will crush and destroy.

The blunt weapon wielder smashes the ground and raises a chunk of the earth up as a shield that blocks against level two and lower techniques and spells.

Soul Resonance
        The Meister channels the Soul Resonance energy outward, producing a visible barrier around their person and that of each other team member. The tier of this technique determines its strength, although the barrier will act one level higher in strength if the Soul Resonance includes three or more people.

Even if the Meister is uninitiated in the art of fighting with a wavelength directly, experienced Soul Resonance Meisters are capable of channeling their wavelength and their partners' wavelength easily, producing a radial blast from their person that is twenty feet wide.

The Meister weaponizes their resonating soul wavelength in a spear-like shape ahead of them. The spear of wavelength shoots out from their person up to fifty feet ahead.

Named after the famed scythe Meister technique, this skill uses the same concept of sharply channeling resonating soul wavelength energy through the weapon to grow it in size and strength. The Meister is able to produce a basic attack or swing with this technique active, which will treat magic-based defenses and techniques one level lower in strength. Lasts for two posts.

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:25 am
User Image
Alex Sullivan

A smile returned, response made. Alex's smile remained on their face, the other in the Cathedral moved over to allow Alex to sit next to him. The young meister would do exactly that, sitting next to the only other in the cathedral. As Sho explained exactly as Alex had assumed, he had also remained because he felt he would only get in the way. A bit like Alex, although Alex felt a little more for Sho. Alex knew they wouldn't be particularly amazing in combat at the moment, but of course could have gone in order to provide support to citizens. Sho however was a weapon, and one that seemed not inclined to fight on his own. Their situations were similar, but Alex felt as if Sho was in the worse situation. None the less, the tranquil boy that Alex was speaking to didn't seem to let it get him down. Friendly smiles and a handshake which Alex would accept. It was nice that he could feel a certain way about the situation he was in but not get down about it. However as he asked about Alex's friends the meister chuckled.

"Oh no no, I don't have any friends yet. I'm rather new here. I started very recently! A lot of people think that I think I'm better than them cause I got into DWMA at an earlier age. Aside from that I have my own other problems that makes me a bit reluctant to make friends." Alex explained, their smile and warm tone remaining through their words. Sho's saying made Alex thing a little bit. "I don't think I've heard that saying myself. That's nice! I'll consider that sometimes." Alex could feel that Sho being unable to help bothered him and in turn it bothered Alex a bit as well. "Oh, what kind of a weapon are you?" Alex would ask curiously.

Ashtail Foxclaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:46 am
        User Image
        Stamina | ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Sho had to wonder if Alex truly knew that others found Them unlikeable or if it was an anxiety thing that was in play. Had They asked Their classmates if they thought of Them to be a know-it-all? Or was it a projection of Their own opinion on Themselves? Sho would’ve asked had he not been so distracted with other questions and thoughts, still, the semi confused look he carried was quickly replaced by a big smile.

Well, I simply mean that by learning what today’s weakness is, we can work hard to be stronger tomorrow. But it’s probably more realistic to say we’ll be stronger next week… or month maybe. Chuckling a bit, Sho pondered how long it would actually take to see progress when you’re in the thick of it. He was sure that if he stayed away from home for years and then came back that the people there wouldn’t even recognize him, but he himself might not realize how much he’d change in the grand scheme of things.

Ah, what kind of weapon am I…? Sho put his thumb and index finger to his chin, staring off into the void in thought. Something sharp, something blunt, a utility tool at times… I guess it’ll depend on your perception. After a moment, the edge of his lip twitched into the shape of a small smirk, his eyes glancing to his side at Alex. If you’re curious, make a guess and then see for yourself. We might as well make a game of it while we’re sitting here. With this, Sho reached out his arm again towards the other, waiting to see if They’d take it.

Alex | Company
        xoxo | Out of Cookies

Ichengo Angelus.

Polearm Perks
        Tier One

Tier Two

Blunt Weapon Perks
        Tier One

Tier One

Polearm Weapon

Blunt Weapon

Soul Resonance

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:22 pm
User Image
Alex Sullivan

Sho's explanation of the phrase made the young meister nod their head fairly excitedly. They still liked the phrase, and simply showed it through the nodding of their head. As he began to talk about the kind of weapon he was due to Alex's question he turned it into a riddle. Rather than directly answering it giving the young meister hints. Much like many kids, Alex enjoyed games and these kinds of games were the ones they enjoyed the most. Listening to the words, absorbing them, letting their mind focus.

A mixture of excitement and focus on their face as they thought about it for a bit. Something Sharp, Blunt, and a Utility Tool at times, something up to perception. The man's extended hand and words indicated to Alex he would have only one chance! Of course that is what made the game more fun. A sickle? No that's not blunt! Maybe something odd, a wrench? Was that even possible....besides they weren't sharp. Maybe it was a trick question, maybe he was more than one weapon? No Sho's words seemed to indicate that whatever it was it was the same form. After a little bit of thinking the Meister would grasp the hand of the weapon next ot them as they spoke their answer. "A hammer!" Thinking a bit into it, a hammer was blunt and could have a sharper end to it sometimes but is also used as a utility tool! They were sure they were right!

Ashtail Foxclaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:38 pm
        User Image
        Stamina | ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

It was hard not getting infected with the joyous mood as the younger of them pondered and pondered - almost to the point where Sho could hear Alex’s gears turn. The sudden outburst earned an excited ‘Oh’ from Sho, his free hand pointing a finger at Alex and a big smile on his face as he spoke up. Good one! Though a hammer isn’t sharp… unless it’s one of those with a pick in one end, I guess that counts! Okay; ready, set--- but before Sho said go, his entire self faded into nothing, a light changing from one form to the next, and by the time the weapon gained physical presence, the head of the shovel came crashing to the floor with a loud, metallic clang. The echo in the Cathedral quickly died down, Sho peering up at Alex from the reflection in the blade with a goofy smile on his face. Tah-dah! Impressive, right? With the handle part of the tool being in Alex’s hand, Sho let Them move him around and examine the toolish weapon as much as They wanted. Not the most traditional of weapons, but I’m pretty proud of what I am. I gave myself the name ‘Gravedigger’. Pretty cool don’t you think? I might feel a little heavy, but why don’t you take a swing? --- maybe not in here though, just to avoid unnecessary property damage. Grinning from ear to ear, Sho was happy to play with Alex while they were sitting there doing nothing either way.

Alex | Company
        Sorry this took forever and it's short - I hope you can work with it either way! If not let me know and I'll figure something out. | Out of Cookies

Ichengo Angelus.

Polearm Perks
        Tier One

Tier Two

Blunt Weapon Perks
        Tier One

Tier One

Polearm Weapon

Blunt Weapon

Soul Resonance

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 pm
User Image
Alex Sullivan

Oh no! They were wrong! However they were still rather excited to see what Sho was. His form changed and then CLANG. A shovel hitting the ground, Sho's voice coming from the reflection of his person in the head of the Shovel. Alex looked at the weapon form in wonderment, they had heard that there were weapons like this but honestly they didn't believe it. Alex thought maybe Sho was some hammer with a pick on the back as Sho mentioned but wasn't expecting a shovel! Alex lifted and shifted Sho's weapon form to observe it as he spoke. Explaining that he gave himself the name Gravedigger. Nodding at the comment of it being cool, and continuing the excited nodding as Sho recommended swinging him as well. Alex would begin to head out of the Cathedral, although only to just outside of it. They wanted to remain close because they did still want to do some training in their clerical abilities sooner or later.

"Wow, I would have never guess a shovel." They said to Sho, making sure to keep his weapon form hoisted above the ground at least a bit so that they weren't dragging him on the ground. Getting out of the building and a decent ways away from it before observing Sho's form even more. "You're pretty cool! Why don't you have a meister yet?" They asked him first, before doing any sort of swinging of the weapon around. The young meister was curious, as far as they were concerned he was a nice person and didn't look like a bad weapon. Could tell that the head was sharp but definitely usable as a blunt weapon as well if one just turned the shovel after they swung it.

Ashtail Foxclaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:52 am
        User Image
        Stamina | ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Alex’s excitement was infectious and Sho was just feeling more proud as they stepped out into the front of the cathedral together.

Thanks! Sho said with a chuckle as he was being examined and got a compliment, but the following question had him go silent for a moment. His reflection looked off into the void, the urge to scratch his head there, but transforming a couple of arms onto the shaft to scratch the metal was a little odd - even for him. Well, I’m pretty new here too, just like you. But opposite, since I’m more of a late bloomer or so to say. BUT! I’m not worried, everyone I’ve met so far are really nice and as long as I’m nice to them too, I’m sure I’ll make plenty of friends in no time. He noted, quite cheerful despite the awkwardness of it all. I can’t even imagine what it’s like to be a prodigy though. You must feel an immense amount of pressure living up to all those expectations; be sure not to run yourself into the ground, just do your best every day and I’m sure you’ll be great some day!

Thinking on it for a moment, Sho had an inquiry of his own. So, since you’re new too, do you know what you’re looking for in a weapon? Have you practiced with a lot of weapons before? He asked, curious about this young person’s past experiences. So far they seemed to be at different ends of the scale.

Alex | Company
        School attire (currently in weapon form) | Wear
        Dx Sorry for the delay | Out of Cookies

Ichengo Angelus.

Polearm Perks
        Tier One

Tier Two

Blunt Weapon Perks
        Tier One

Tier One

Polearm Weapon

Blunt Weapon

Soul Resonance

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
⇨ DWMA

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items