Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Mermaid Princess

Back to Guilds

A love story between Land & Sea 

Tags: Mermaids, Magic, Drama, Adventure, Sitcom 

Reply OOC PSAs, Games and Specials
Guild 2nd Anniversary Special: Wheel of Fortune Daytime Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:33 pm
Guild Games Pilot: Wheel of Fortune Daytime Revived Game 1 (Take 2)

= Configuration
WOF (1982) - Robin, Louis, Linda (Vanna's debut)

User Image

Hello, everyone. AnimusHelixRebirth here & welcome to the next Guild OOC Game of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

Here you see your favorite characters in the RP on America's Game: Wheel of Fortune, as Wheel is brought back to Daytime! It's Wheel of Fortune Daytime Revived

I will be RPing as the NPC Guest Host: Cookie Masterson as he spins the wheel with Noble Refia of St. Ivalice at the puzzle board.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

= Structure
Opening
Player Interviews
Round 1: Jackpot
Round 2: Mystery
Round 3: Express
Round 4: Speed Up
Bonus Round
Post-Game Chat
Ending
Note: Round 4 will be the Speed Up Round in the Second Birthday of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild's OOC Game due to Time Constraints.

= Game Length
1. Jackpot Round
2. Mystery Round
3. Express Round
4. Round 4: Speed Up
Total: 4 Round Standard Game

= Guild Game Setup
Wheel Configuration:
Toss-Up Rounds: No
Free Spin or Free Play: Free Spin (Daytime Wedge)
Minimum Round Earnings: $250
Bonus Round Wheel: Yes
Showroom Shopping: No
Theme: Normal
Podium Background: Pinwheel [1992-1997]
Prize Puzzle: No
Puzzle Board Configuration: Super Nintendo
Bonus Cash Puzzle: $250
Bonus Round Letters: Letters R, S, T, L, N & E + 3 Constants & 1 Vowel

= Status
Started: 7-31-2021
Ended: 8-4-2021

Today's OOC Game:
Red Podium: Mermaid Taimi
User Image
vs
Yellow Podium: Riona of Alfitaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
vs
Blue Podium: Sandybell Engdal
User Image

User Image
The Game is played with 3 Players as they take turns solving a missing letter puzzle. The only hint that's given is a description of what the puzzle contains (such as a person, place or thing and so on.) When its a player's turn they have 3 options: Spin the Wheel, Buy a Vowel or Solve the Puzzle.

After spinning the wheel, it'll land on a space with a value on it, showing how much each letter is worth. The player then guesses a letter and if any are present, they will be shown and money is awarded for each one then the player gets another turn. However, if a letter is not present, that player's turn ends and gameplay proceeds to the next player.

Because of how common vowels are in puzzles, they CAN'T be spun to be revealed, the player needs to buy them, each vowel costs $250 from the current round's earnings & a player can't buy a vowel until they guess at least one consonant successfully & it must be enough to reach the $250 cost, if a player attempts to buy a vowel and again, none are present, that player's turn ends.

If the player know what's on the board and think that the player has earned enough money to end the round, they can solve the puzzle. If the solution is wrong, that player loses his or her turn. But if the solution is correct, the round ends & all the money along with prize wedges' totals obtained in the round goes into that player's total earnings which determine who becomes champion and advances to the Bonus Round once all Rounds (Speed Up Included) are played. One thing to note is no matter how much money the player ends with, there is a minimum round earnings of $250 for the winner of the round. So if a player finishes a round and is under $250 after solving the puzzle, that player's score will be brought up to $250.

It's also worth noting that some puzzles may contain a bonus cash prize for identifying the source of the description.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:47 pm
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia
Maid/Noble (Castle St. Ivalice)
"I will be our Adventurers' shield."

Rinoa
Silverspring Adventurer (Blue Mage)
"Where to begin with Lore Magic?"

User Image
Announcer: Returning to Daytime from the 1980s after over 30 years of its absence, its America's Game!

User Image
Audience: WHEEL... OF... FORTUNE!

Announcer: Celebrating its return to Daytime is the world's most popular games! Filled with fun, glamor, excitement & surprises! The Famous Wheel is spinning your way with plenty of cash and an assortment of fantastic prizes on Wheel of Fortune! And now, here's the Host of Wheel of Fortune Daytime revived, Cookie Masterson!

Cookie Masterson: Good Morning, everyone. Thank you & welcome to Wheel of Fortune, as today is a special today for us since we're bringing Wheel of Fortune back to Daytime after more than 31 years since the Daytime version ended in 1989 on NBC & in 1991 on CBS. To be honest, its not everyday that a CD-ROM Trivia game host like myself gets to wander onto the set of a Daytime Version of a Game that's remembered. So, here's to Wheel of Fortune Daytime's return, this is for you.
Talk about Deja Vu, All Over Again...

(applause & cheers, then laughs at Cookie's joke)

Cookie Masterson: Anyway, its time now we introduce someone to help us bring Wheel of Fortune back to Daytime... again, and here she is now.
Please welcome, Noble Refia of St. Ivalice!

(applause & cheers)

Refia enters wearing a white princess dress with teal and purple colors as well, then heads for Cookie Masterson first to see Cookie, Sandybell, Taimi & Rinoa

Good morning, everyone.

Cookie Masterson: Morning to you too, Refia. Have a fun time at the puzzle board.

Thank you, Cookie. Refia then heads over to the puzzle board.

User Image
Puzzle Board:
= Clue: NA
=============
=============
=============
=============

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: That sense of Deja Vu will get you every time & I know the reason why I'm doing this again, because it's a Longer Story as this is the second or third time this has happened. Other than that, this Game is also very special as September 2021 marks The Mermaid Princess RP Guild's Second Birthday.
So, what have we got? One, Two, Three of you are playing today? That sounds good to me. Now then, why don't we meet our players starting with Taimi.

User Image
Red Podium Player: Taimi
Taimi Total Score: NA
Taimi Round Score: NA
(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Taimi, it says here you have a knack for repairing objects that are broken under the sea. Care to tell us about it?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:18 am
User Image
User Image

"Um... I just help with what I can," she replied. She wasn't sure what there was to tell about it.

User Image
User Image

"Taimi"
"Sandy"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:28 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia

Rinoa

Cookie Masterson: ...

[Wheel of Fortune Daytime 1990 Set: Pinwheel Podium Version]
Cookie Masterson: It sounds like you hope to be a great mender one day. Next up is Riona.

Yellow Podium Player: Riona
Riona Total Score: NA
Riona Round Score: NA

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Riona, it says here you like reading. What kind of books do you read?

Well, romance stories sound like a nice thing to me when I'm not reading about Blue Magic or Lore Magic. The Romantic stories I love when a human falls in love with a fairy or mermaid, then turns the fairy or mermaid human so that fairy or mermaid turned human can be with him. I often find myself reading Dazzle Fairy Princess, its a lovely story.

Cookie Masterson: That's a nice selection of literature taste of yours. The Narrator person only saw Dazzle once but didn't get the movie on Video or DVD. Last but not, least we have Sandybell Engdal from Sweden, who is also with us this morning.

Blue Podium Player: Sandybell
Sandybell Total Score: NA
Sandybell Round Score: NA

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Sandybell, it says here that you hope to be an artist one day. How long have you been doing art and how is it?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:34 am
User Image
User Image

Sandybell thought of it. "I believe it's been for about eleven years. It's fun and relaxing," she replied. She didn't think of maybe working with that until about four years ago though.

User Image
User Image

"Taimi"
"Sandy"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:09 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia

Rinoa

Cookie Masterson: Well, that sounds really nice. There's a lot of characters in Hollywood's sense of Animation such as the Disney Princesses, over 50 of them, official & unofficial alike.

User Image
*Round 1: Jackpot Round*
Cookie Masterson: Okay. There's no time to dilly-dally. Here's how this works, each one of you will take turns trying to solve a missing letters puzzle that we have on our puzzle board. I'll let you know who's turn it is. When your turn is active, you have 3 options; Spin the Wheel, Buy a Vowel or Solve the Puzzle. After spinning the wheel, like I'm about to do right now...

Cookie RNG Spin 1-24: 14

Cookie Masterson: ...It'll land on a cash value after I spun like I did so & I'll let you know what it lands on. As I just demonstrated, the wheel landed on $600. Whatever the wheel lands on, that's how much each consonant is worth. Then, you would guess a letter and if any are present, they will be shown on our puzzle board and money is awarded for each one then you get another turn. However, if a letter is not on the puzzle board, then you lose a turn and we move on the the next player. Since vowels are common in our puzzles, you can not spin to reveal them, you have to buy them. Each vowel costs $250 from your current earnings for the round. So you can't buy a vowel until you guess at least one consonant successfully on the puzzle board & even so it has to each the $250 mark. If you buy a vowel that's not on the puzzle board, again, you lose a turn to the next player. When you know what's on the board and think that you have earned enough money to end the round, you can solve the puzzle on your turn. If the solution is wrong, then again, you lose a turn to the next player. But if the solution is correct, the round will conclude & all the money along with the prize wedges' totals obtained in the round goes into that your total earnings. There is more to tell you but we'll talk more when we get to it.

*As Cookie talks about the Free Spin, Lose a Turn & Bankrupt Spaces, the camera shows the respective wedges, then we cut back to Cookie*
Cookie Masterson: One thing to note is some of the special spaces. First, is the Free Spin space. When you land on it, I'll give you a Free Spin Token to hold onto. At the end of your turn when I would normally say who's turn it is next, if you have a Free Spin token and you want to keep your turn. You can use it and get your turn back. The Lose a Turn space will end your turn & I'll say who's up next, but your score stays the same, so make sure you don't land on that. However, the Bankrupt space will not only end your turn but any cash & prize wedges obtained in the round are also lost, but cash & prizes obtained from previous rounds that is banked remains secured. So make sure you don't land on that either.

*As Cookie talks about the Jackpot, Wild Card, Double Play, Gift Certificate & Surprise, the camera shows the respective wedges, then we cut back to Cookie*
Cookie Masterson: With Round 1 being our Jackpot Round, here's how this round works. The Jackpot is set at $1,000 as its a Progressive Jackpot and we'll add money to it with every spin of the wheel after it lands on a dollar amount, in other words, the Jackpot increases by the dollar amount that it lands on. When you land on the Jackpot and guess a letter that's in our puzzle board, you can solve the puzzle on that same turn & if you solve it, you'll win what's in the Jackpot. We also have a Wild Card & Double Play in place, more on that later after you picked it up after guessing a letter correctly. We also have both a Gift Certificate & Surprise Wedge on the wheel, if you pick that up after guessing a letter correctly then solve the puzzle, you'll be able to see what the Surprise & how much the Gift Certificate is worth then add that to your total.
But before I continue, does anyone notice a difference?

I do, there's a $5,000 Prize Space instead of a One Million Prize Space.

*Next Cookie talks about the $5,000 Prize Space, the camera shows the respective wedge, then we cut back to Cookie*
Cookie Masterson: That's very good eyes, Riona. From 1990 to 1991, they used to give away $5,000 in the Bonus Round directly but not anymore. Because now you have to earn it. The $5,000 Bonus Wedge is in place as it operates the same way as the Million Dollar Wedge in the Nighttime Edition, land on it then guess a letter correctly to pick it up, solve the puzzle & win the game without landing on Bankrupt, you'll be able to take it to the Bonus Round, we'll talk more about that later.

So, since the $5,000 Prize is on the Wheel, then the Top Cash Value for the Bonus is $2,500, am I mistaken?

Cookie Masterson: No, you're not, Riona. That's one of the adjustments that the Narrator made.

Cookie then spins the wheel once more.
Cookie Masterson: Last but not least, the top dollar amount for this round is $1,000. We're playing for cash. Now that everything is settled, here's our First Puzzle if you look over at our puzzle board...

= Round 1: Jackpot Round Wheel Spaces
Bankrupt
$1,000
$250/Wild Card
$100
$150/Jackpot
$100
$300
$150/Gift Certificate
$100
$200/$5,000/Bankrupt
$300
$100
$150
$600
Bankrupt
$750/Double Play
$300/Free Play/Free Spin
$250
Lose a Turn
$400
$250/Surprise
$150
$250
$400

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
=========
=======
======= &
=========
Jackpot: $1,000

Cookie Masterson: On The Map is the category. There's Refia right there. We have an ampersand in the Puzzle as Refia will show us where it is. And just before our show, we drew numbers to see who goes first. Taimi, you won the drawing. So you go first. Good luck out there & give that wheel a good spin to start us off.

Wheel RNG 1-24
OOC: Sorry this is taking so long. Its Cleaning Day on my end, so replies will be slow.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cygnus_Pisces generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 19!

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:20 am
User Image
User Image

Taimi was confused but did as instructed.

User Image
User Image

"Taimi"
"Sandy"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:42 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia

Rinoa

User Image
*Landed Space: Lose a Turn*
Turn: Red to Yellow
Cookie Masterson: Oh, that's not a good start there. Riona, you're up next.

Riona Spins the Wheel.
Riona RNG 1-24: 4 Jackpot
(Audience Cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Wow, a Jackpot Space right off the bat! What Letter would you like?

Riona Letter: S...

Cookie Masterson: There's 3 S's up there. If you can Solve the Puzzle right now, that $1,000 is yours even though you landed on the Jackpot space early.

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
=====S==
S=====S
======= &
=========
Jackpot: $1,000
Used Letters: S

Riona thinks about it. I'll spin.

Riona RNG 1-24: 24. $400
Cookie Masterson: I should point out there's a Used Letters Board. That you can see, be sure not to call out any letters that are already said otherwise, you'll Lose a Turn. $400

Riona Letter: T...

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
=====S==
ST====S
======= &
=========
Jackpot: $1,400
Used Letters: S, T
Rinoa Round Score: $400

Cookie Masterson: There's 1 T up there.

Riona thinks about it. I'll spin.

Riona RNG 1-24: 13. $250

Cookie Masterson: $250

Riona Letter: M...

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
=====S==
ST====S
======= &
=========
Used Letters: S, T, M
Riona Round Score: $400

(Buzzer)
Turn Change: Yellow to Blue
Cookie Masterson: There's No Ms in the Puzzle. Sandybell, you're up.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cygnus_Pisces generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 20!

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 am
User Image
User Image

Sandybell did as instructed.

User Image
User Image

"Taimi"
"Sandy"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:51 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia

Rinoa

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
=====S==
ST====S
======= &
=========
Used Letters: S, T, M

*Landed Space: $400
Cookie Masterson: $400, Sandybell. Select a Constant Letter.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 am
User Image
User Image

Sandybell thought of it. "R?"

User Image
User Image

"Taimi"
"Sandy"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:13 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia

Rinoa

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
====RS==
ST====S
===R=== &
=========
Jackpot: $2,050
Used Letters: S, T, M, R
Sandybell Round Score: $800

Cookie Masterson: There's 2 Rs there, Sandybell. You get to go again.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cygnus_Pisces generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 10!

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 am
User Image
User Image

Sandybell did as instructed.

User Image
User Image

"Taimi"
"Sandy"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

Refia

Rinoa

Puzzle Board:
On the Map
====RS==
ST====S
===R=== &
=========
Jackpot: $2,050
Used Letters: S, T, M, R
Sandybell Round Score: $800

User Image
*Landed Space: $5,000 Bonus: Center*
(Audience Cheers)
Cookie Masterson: That was a Good Spin, Sandybell! First, what letter would you like?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker