CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:52 am
Hello, everyone. AnimusHelixRebirth here of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

Here is a PSA about the characters explaining about Finders Keepers, a show that's long forgotten on Nickelodeon & Fox.

This is for those who are unfamiliar with the Nickelodeon TV Show that ran from 1987 to 1989 which is a long forgotten sister show of Double Dare.

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

PSA OOC Time: May 31, 2021 to June 2, 2021

PSA Segments:
= Finders Keepers Lost & Found

In Progress Visits:

Completed Visits:
Aedelyn & Sirpa
Eldin & Aulona

Player's Room:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Background Theme: My Room

NOTE: Some of the characters may visit the viewers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:02 am
Eldin
Alfitaria Adventurer (Blue Mage)
"Blue Magic comes in all shapes and sizes."

Aedelyn
Alfitaria Adventurer (Blue Battlewizard)

[Player's Room]
The Guild Owner watches an Episode of Fox Family Double Dare on his Computer as we see Eldin & Aedelyn use the Gate Spell to enter the Player's Room with Aulona & Sirpa then speaks to the viewers.

On the Computer, shots of Finders Keepers are shown along with Harvey's voiceover along with a Hidden Object Picture Puzzle:
Guild Owner's Computer: If you can find the object hidden in this picture, than you can win a run through our prize-filled house where what you find is what you keep on Finders Keepers!

Why hello again. I'm Eldin from the Mermaid Princess Roleplay Guild & this is Sirpa, Aedelyn & Aulona from the same guild. Eldin said to the viewers.

Hello there. Sirpa, this person here is the Creator of the RP Guild.

Guild Owner: Welcome back, Aulona & Eldin. And nice to meet you both, I'm the Narrator, Topic Designer & Creator of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild, The Guild Owner said to Sirpa & her human savior.
Guild Owner: Last time Aulona & Eldin visited the Player's Room, I told them about a show that I grew up with that was on Reruns on Nick GAS & Nickelodeon called Double Dare but there's more to tell you about its sister related shows. In 1986, Double Dare became an overnight leading success on Nickelodeon which opened to Nickelodeon's High Expectations. But there's more as the story continues in 1987. Care to have a seat, so I can tell you more?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 am
Aulona said hi, as Sirpa made a bow as a greeting. "Hello." She and the blonde then nodded at the last question.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:51 am
Eldin

Aedelyn

[Player's Room]
... Eldin sat down to hear more

... Aedelyn sat down too.

Guild Owner: The story of one of Double Dare's sister shows begin in 1987. Where Nickelodeon made 3 new shows. 2 of which would lead to Nick Jr & the Nicktoons while the 3rd was Finders Keepers, another Children's Game which sounds really good because Double Dare was successful. Finders Keepers made the scene in November 1987, where teams of 2 attempt to solve Hidden Object Puzzles, sort of like I Spy, which had 2 Incarnations.
The First Incarnation to talk about is the Wesley Eure Era.

= Wesley Eure Era 1987 to 1988 Part 1
Guild Owner: In this First Incarnation, the host, Wesley Eure would read a clue and then the team would ring in and circle the Hidden Object to which the clue refers to. Here's an example of one clue,
"The Ghostlight of Radiator Springs was stored in this object that lights up."

Eldin thought. A Lantern?

= Wesley Eure Era 1987 to 1988 Part 2
Guild Owner: That's a good answer.
Because Correct answer not only scores, but gives that team access to a room to the Finders Keepers House, which is a 2 Story Set with 4 Rooms on each floor. The Rooms include Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Kitchens, Pantries, Attics & Basements. But then later, they added other Rooms such as Tarzan's Treehouse, an Indoor Beach, Bakeries and more.
After the Hidden Object Picture Questions, each team got to search that room they unlocked. Eure would give them a clue to the item that they would need to find and the team would then need to find it, encouraged to tear the room apart and make a mess until they find that item. If that team finds the hidden item, then that team scores, if not, then that score goes to the other team.
Then the cycle of Hidden Object Picture Puzzles and Room Searches begin again but this time, one of the Rooms contain a Bonus Prize to be won. Again, if that team finds the hidden item, then that team not only scores but gets the Bonus Prize, if not, then that score along with the Bonus Prize goes to the other team.
The Champion Team who has the highest score, wins the game and proceeds to the Room to Room Romp, where the Champion Team searches 6 Rooms with each room they succeed in searching earns them a prize & that's how the game is played.

= Design and Filming
Guild Owner: The House set in that show is designed for fun. While Double Dare & Finders Keepers played differently, the structure was the same along with some of the staff on that show & Harvey was also the announcer too. Like Double Dare, Finders Keepers was also filmed at Station WHYY in Philadelphia. Wesley Eure who hosted the First Incarnation of Finders Keepers, was known for his roles in the Soap Opera, "Days of our Lives" & the Dinosaur show, "Land of the Lost".
Finders Keepers was an okay show even though I only saw it once because I recorded it on Nick GAS in 2002 as I mentioned before even though I can't find that tape at the moment, since I recorded 5 hours of Nick GAS Shows on it.
As Double Dare tested General Knowledge & Skill through Psychical Challenges, Finders Keepers tests perspective through Hidden Object Pictures & one's ability to search a Room.
As for the Scoring of that show, its very hard to gauge. In a fandom sense, if a 4, 6 or 8 Hidden Object Game is used, then the Max Possible Score differs from Length to Length.

= Scoring
Guild Owner: Here's the Scoring in its Max Possible States that I mentioned as per the rules of the actual show on Nickeldoen & Fox, along with its fandom sense...
4 Hidden Object Game Format = Standard Game (Actual Show)
Round 1 Hidden Object Picture = 25x4
Round 1 Room Search = 50x4
Round 2 Hidden Object Picture = 75x4
Round 2 Room Search = 100x4
Overall for 4 Hidden Object Game = 1,000

6 Hidden Object Game Format = Long Game (Fandom Variation)
Round 1 Hidden Object Picture = 25x6
Round 1 Room Search = 50x6
Round 2 Hidden Object Picture = 75x6
Round 2 Room Search = 100x6
Overall for 6 Hidden Object Game = 1,500

8 Hidden Object Game Format = Extended Game (Fandom Variation)
Round 1 Hidden Object Picture = 25x8
Round 1 Room Search = 50x8
Round 2 Hidden Object Picture = 75x8
Round 2 Room Search = 100x8
Overall for 8 Hidden Object Game = 2,000

I will talk more about the Fox Version in a moment. So as you can see in the scoring table. The Room Searches when unlocked are worth More than the Hidden Object Pictures. The show was still entertaining, even though I only saw it once when I was recording shows from Nick GAS on video that day in 2002. The show just appeared one day.

Sirpa, this Double Dare & Finders Keepers game thing sounds like fun. Even though the Guild Creator knows one of them felt overlooked. Aedelyn said to Sirpa.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:58 am
Sirpa listened to what was said, feeling just as confused as Aulona. "Yeah, it does sound fun, she replied.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:33 am
Eldin

Aedelyn

[Player's Room]

= Scoring Part 2
Guild Owner: The thing about the scoring table that I mentioned. If that team is unable to do the Room Searches Segment, then the value of that the score goes to the other team.

= Fanbase
Guild Owner: Despite its shortcomings, Finders Keepers had its share of a fanbase too & were not afraid to share their love for the 2 shows, no matter what show they were on. One example was on Double Dare where an audience member said her favorite show was Finders Keepers. Even I do not know how many episodes there are. I believe that that show deserves another chance in the spotlight. Since both Double Dare & Finders Keepers got a Home Game which is Extremely Rare and Hard to Find.

= Larry Toffler Era 1988-1989 & Conclusion
Guild Owner: Like Double Dare, Finders Keepers would also find its way to Syndication on Fox in 1988 which is the second and final incarnation being the Larry Toffler Era. This second version would be filmed at the Hollywood Center Studios in California which contains a New Set and Look. Larry Toffler was a former Tour Guide for Universal Studios.
During the Room Searches, the people watching the show would see where the Hidden Object is located in a small answer window. The second change would come in the Hidden Object Picture Puzzle. Instead of Circling the Correct Picture after a team rings in. The team that rings in would rush over to the picture, selecting an overlay trace of an item then place it on the Hidden Object Picture to match the correct item in the Hidden Object Picture as the Hidden Object Picture looks more like a painting.
In a fandom fanfiction of Finders Keepers, the aspect ratio would be corrected so that the characters should be able to reach the correct item in the Hidden Object Picture Puzzle, but in the actual show, you better be good at reaching the item in 1988.
But was the same gameplay of that show as it was in 1987 since Finders Keepers felt like a companion to Double Dare along with its Double Dare like shows.
Nickelodeon stopped production of the show from September 1988 to March 1989 and continued to air in reruns until it was removed in August 1990.
Other Shows like Nick Arcade, What Would You Do, Nickelodeon GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple & Figure It Out would come and go as they went.
Another Nick children's show was planned in 1988 called Zap Trap. A Children's Game with an Indiana Jones tone where players cross moats, explore a Lost Treasure temple with Guardians ready to grab the player if they're not careful. The problem is, that that show did not happen until 5 years later which became Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Finders Keepers did have cute charms too it but was under preformed as that's where Finders Keepers ends in the United States.
But as I said before, for a Nickelodeon Game Show Fandom to have a fanfiction based on its days in the spotlight, anything can happen & a Nickelodeon Game Show being canceled in the past can be reversed.

Sirpa, maybe we can ask him why he thinks that this so-called Finders Keepers show deserves another chance & why he hopes to make an OOC Game about Hidden Objects that was not seen for over 30 years? Aedelyn asked Sirpa.

Aulona, that story the Guild Owner told us sounds nice. Do you think that a show he's never heard of before even though he saw Finders Keepers only once deserves another chance?

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:34 am
Sirpa and Aulona kept listening, having no idea what was going on.

"Um.. sure? Sirpa replied confused. "Why does it need a second chance?

"I guess so." She had no idea, having never seen or heard about that show before, but if he thought it deserved a new chance, then maybe it was so.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:56 am
Eldin

Aedelyn

[Player's Room]

= Reason for OOC Game
Guild Owner: Good Question. The reason why I think Finders Keepers deserves another chance in the spotlight is because what that a Children's Hidden Object TV Game can be brought back since not everyone has heard of it or maybe there's thousands of fans out there somewhere.
A Fanfiction of the Nickelodeon Children's Game Finders Keepers could be brought to New Generations & when that happens... Finders Keepers Lives!
However, there would new Clues & new Hidden Object Picture Puzzles.

= Sneak Preview
Guild Owner: Perhaps you would like to be paired up in an OOC Finders Keepers Game, Eldin, Sirpa, Aulona and Aedelyn. I can do a Pilot to see how it goes & if all goes well, Finders Keepers Lives again!
Other than that, as Double Dare did with its Red & Blue Teams, Finders Keepers on Nickelodeon & Fox also has Red & Blue Teams.

= International
Guild Owner: Also, like Double Dare, it had an International Version from 1990 to 2006 as Finders Keepers had a British Version. The First Import Version was on ITV from 1991 to 1996, maintaining the Room Searches but removing the Hidden Object Picture Puzzles entirely and replacing it with something different, a Trivia Match, causing a Randomized Room Search. Finders Keepers UK also had a Second Incarnation in 2006, while in the United States during 2006, Finders Keepers would air at 3AM. The idea of tearing up a Fantasy Room to find a Paintbrush on a Children's Game is good.

= Thoughts
Guild Owner: To me, Finders Keepers can be a Children's Game as good as Double Dare. As the Animaniacs Reboot song says,
"..our careers have made comebacks..."
or "...while careers have made comebacks..."

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:11 pm
Aulona and Sirpa kept listening, even if they didn't know anything about any of the words or names the owner mentioned.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:21 pm
Eldin

Aedelyn

[Player's Room]

So what happens if you Tie in this so-called game of Finders Keepers? Aedelyn asked the Guild Owner.

Guild Owner: Well, a tie game did happen once in the Harp Episode during the Toffler Era. In this Tie Game State, another Hidden Object Picture Puzzle is played to break the Tie by finding 2-3 items in the Hidden Object Picture Puzzle as the first team who does so, wins the game. In the Harp Episode of Finders Keepers, both teams were evenly matched.
So, that's all I know about Finders Keepers for the time being as much as to my knowledge other than that I counted 6 Room to Room Romp Victories, 5 from the Eure Era and 1 from the Toffler Era.

Sirpa, Aulona, do you have any questions for the Guild Owner about what could have happened if this Nickelodeon's Finders Keepers was not cut short? Aedelyn asked Sirpa

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:36 pm
"Maybe?" Sirpa replied, not to sure what to ask. Both she and Aulona was still confused about the whole situation.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:52 pm
Eldin

Aedelyn

[Player's Room]

Guild Owner: That's a good question, Sirpa. If Nickelodeon did not unplug Finders Keepers in the United States, then that show would find its home at the Nickelodeon Studios as Double Dare did. Finders Keepers would end up at the Nickelodeon Studios Sound Stage 24. The British Versions, however, would remain unchanged at ITV from 1991 to 2006.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:20 pm
Sirpa didn't really understand too much about the answer, still not sure what all those places were She stayed quiet though.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:06 pm
Eldin

Aedelyn

[Player's Room]

Guild Owner: We'll explain more as we get into to it. Well, that's all for now on both what I know about Double Dare & Finders Keepers. Maybe in the next PSA, I can tell you about the other Nickelodeon Children's Games such as Nickelodeon Arcade, What Would You Do, Nickelodeon Guts/Global Guts & Figure It Out, just to name a couple that I know about.

Sounds good, we hope to hear more about these so called Nickelodeon Children's Games. Thank you for your time.

Cygnus_Pisces

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cygnus_Pisces

Crew

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:59 am
It seemed like the explanation was over, so Aulona and Sirpa said "Thank you." as well.

AnimusHelixRebirth

OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces