Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[B] Chilly Welcome [Alpersite x Beira][Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:29 am
Beira found that he wasn’t particularly good at focusing on using his magic and reading the energy signatures around him. It hadn’t given him much grief yet, but for whatever reason, it seemed like his ability to sense energy signature was just dull. He’d talked to Soleiyu, who admitted that there seemed to be something a bit odd about his starseed, which was often fluctuating in power--but that brought him no reassurances.

Soleiyu blamed himself, but given that he’d also said he hadn’t seen anything like it before, Beira could only assume that the problem lied with him.

There had been no advice Soleiyu could give beyond doing his best, and trying to better acclimate to being a Senshi--which meant, trying to master his magic.

...Which was proving to be more difficult than he wanted to admit.

Sometimes, he thought he understood. Sometimes, he thought he was getting the hang of it.

Sometimes, he realized just how lost he was.

Tonight, he’d picked an isolated section of the park, and thought he was alone enough to practice and try and get a hang of it all.

He hadn’t expected a Negaverse Lieutenant to join him--and hadn’t even felt him until a split second after he’d cast his magic--which, as it would seem, was once again not cooperating.

The Lieutenant was somewhere behind him.

...Which was exactly where Beira’s magic manifested, rather than where he’d been aiming.

Quote:
Sailor Scout Attack: Lonely Chill*
Sailor Beira gestures to a target within his line of sight and a chilly wind surges towards them. The wind does no damage, but the chill clings to them, seeps into them, and grips at their heart, leaving them suddenly feeling alone and unwanted. They may feel rejected, abandoned, and like they don't fit in; however the player wants to interpret it, they may, but a deep sense of loneliness will plague them for 30 seconds, after which the sensation will fade along with the coolness that accompanied it unless the player chooses to have the sensation persist for longer. This magic can be used three times.

* Beira is a Late Blooming Senshi so his magic manifests in ways other than this specific rendition; in this specific instance, it has not been cast where he intended, but effects beyond that are completely up to the player

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:12 pm
Ever since Lopezite had seemed so worried about him when they were in the rift, Alpersite knew he had to do something to get stronger. If he ended up making his General look after him forever well…

Well that just wasn’t how he wanted things to go. Especially not when he wanted things to maybe keep progressing further between himself and Lopezite…

Whatever was happening was...really nice.

He powered up without really thinking about it and froze as he felt a senshi...like...right there. Oh God.

The lieutenant froze. Sure he had come out to get stronger, but he had at least hoped to have a few minutes to plan what he was going to do, not just…

Come right up on a senshi, not just.

Oh. Oh no.

There was suddenly a cold wind that blew past the lieutenant and he lifted his arms to try and warm himself, feeling a sudden wave of utter hopelessness wash over him. God, he really was an idiot for thinking Lopezite would see him as anything more than a failure. He couldn't do anything right, and now here he was, looking right at a senshi and doing nothing but feeling a horrible cold...loneliness.

God. With what a pathetic person he was...nobody would ever want him.

Especially not the person that he wanted.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm
Oh. Oh, no.

Beira knew he needed to get stronger, to protect against such the Negaverse, but he was still having a hard time finding it in himself to instigate battle. He only wanted to be strong enough to protect himself and the people he cared about--to stop the Negaverse from hurting people.

He’d never meant to attack anyone who wasn’t up to no good.

He spun quickly to locate the agent, and despite his awareness that they were enemies, he moved to his side.

He had instigated this. It was his mistake, his magic, gone awry.

“Breathe,” he commanded, firm but steady. He almost reached out to help him, but his arm seemed to freeze a few inches away, hovered awkwardly, and then he withdrew it to his side.

“I’m not going to hurt you. You’re fine. Just breathe.”

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:38 pm
He was cold now. He was very cold. And for a moment, Alpersite wasn’t sure that he could even breathe, both from the cold and the utter feeling of loneliness, desolation.

Vaguely, he heard a voice nearby, but his vision had clouded over and he couldn’t focus on anything. Summoning his butterfly wand to his hand, he began swinging it wildly, hoping to ward off whoever or whatever might be out there…but.

...Of course there wasn’t anyone.

He was alone. Terribly, pitifully alone and…

Oh.

He drew in a breath that hurt and his vision began to clear just a little, the feelings beginning to recede. All but the cold. That only seemed to linger, and the lieutenant began to shiver violently.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:58 pm
Beira did not want to touch him, but this was his fault.

The chaos felt slick and vile against him, but he did his best to control his own breathing so he could try to--help?--the Negaverse agent he’d accidentally attacked.

“Hey,” he said again, voice even and calm. He was trying so hard to ease him out of his magic because he knew it was miserable--he’d cast it on himself by accident before, and he wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

...Anyone who didn’t deserve it. For now, he didn’t know if this agent deserved anything.

“It’s alright. I’m here,” he said, refusing to reach out until he absolutely had to.

He didn't know what the man in front of him was capable of.

“I’m sorry. I didn't see you there,” he said preemptively. “It was just magic. It will pass.”

...Eventually.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:40 pm
Wasn’t….going to hurt him? But...wasn’t this magic? Wasn’t...this a senshi?

Alpersite shuddered and looked at the senshi with a look that was like a deer caught in the glare of headlights. “...B-but...didn't you do this?”

The feeling of utter loneliness had finally faded it seemed, but the lieutenant was left feeling utterly cold...and more than a little empty. He took a step backwards, away from the senshi, extending his pathetic excuse for a weapon in hands that shook. “...How could you say something like that...when you did this?”

He took another step backwards, shivering still. “If I would have known...I wouldn't have bothered coming out...I…” But...that wasn’t true, was it? Wasn’t this the whole point of coming out? To try and get stronger? So that Lopezite didn’t have to treat him like he was made of spun sugar…All this magic was was...cold and…feelings...he could…

He could handle that couldn’t he?

He waited another moment, trying to get the shivering to die down, and lunged forward, swinging wildly with the butterfly topped rod, face full of what he hoped was fury. Or at least something close to it. “Bullies like you are why I’m part of the group I’m with.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm
Beria’s jaw clenched and a shadow of guilt crossed his features. He had accepted the reproach quietly, and debated on trying to explain himself or just accept the anger that came with it.

He raised his arm to block the rod before it could him him anywhere important, though the snap against his skin might bruise.

“I’m sorry,” he said firmly, eyes locked onto Alpersite.

“I wasn’t aiming for you. I’m still learning to control my magic.”

He didn’t say he was bad at it, but. He was. And, really, what if that had been someone who wasn’t powered? What if it had been a child?”

A sinking feeling blossomed, heavy, in his stomach. “I’m sorry,” he said again.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm
For a moment, Alpersite looked as though he wanted to respond. Wanted to lash out, wanted to say something cruel, but he just shook his head, taking a step backwards. “I didn’t realize that your magic wasn’t always in your control. That seems kind of dangerous. And selfish for whoever drags you into this. Don’t you have a mentor? Or lessons or…something?”

He hadn’t had a great pull into the negaverse, sure but. Once he had found Lopezite, things had gotten a lot easier. A hell of a lot easier.

The lieutenant shook his head. “...Find a mentor maybe. Learn to control that before you really ******** someone up.” The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them, and he once more crossed his arms over his chest. “Or just. Leave the stupid senshi and I’ll find you a mentor. We have plenty of them on our side. Mine’s the best, really.”

...But now he was only proving that he was a weak disappointment. Lopezite was the best, but...but Alpersite had a long way to go still.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:27 pm
Beira watched him for a moment, and while he didn’t quite relax it seemed like there was rampant hostility so he eased a bit and took a step backwards, himself.

“I have something,” he answered, and didn’t feel the need to expand on the fact that it was a cat, who had already admitted to not knowing what was wrong with him.

Not in those words, but. They didn’t have to be.

Beira was out here, alone, because he didn’t want to deal with letting someone down. He was practicing on his own, hoping he could find whatever piece he was missing and fix it before he wound up hurting someone--like this.

He didn’t really know other Senshi. He knew Knights, but that didn’t help him. He’d talk to them, understood something of their magic. They all had weapons--supplemental magic, to help them.

He just had himself, and magic that didn’t cooperate, and a world with no answer.

“I would prefer to have nothing to do with the Negaverse. I mean no offense. I just don’t know that our goals align.”

He didn’t sign up to be a Senshi; he wasn’t going to sign up to be in the Negaverse, now, either.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:39 pm
The answer didn’t surprise Alpersite...but he couldn’t deny that he was just a little bit disappointed. It would have...looked good on his...resume or whatever. His record. Bringing over a senshi to be helped...bringing someone over--ah. There would be time.

Giving a small nod, the lieutenant took another step away. “Then...I think this should be where we both turn and take our leave. Both go home and just...forget this ever happened.”

They didn’t know one another’s names. This hadn’t been...a fight that had been...initiated willingly...so…

“Hope I don’t see you around. And I hope you don’t see me.” Because...hopefully he would be stronger then. And hopefully….

Well. Hopefully he would be stronger then

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:22 pm
Beira was quiet, as seemed to be his norm, and now that he was embarrassed and felt guilty about attacking the agent, he seemed more reluctant to talk openly. But, the apology seemed to have been somewhat accepted, and they weren't exchanging more blows. "...A wise idea," he said softly, glad to try and bury this.

...Even if he was almost guaranteed to go home and spend the rest of the night thinking of all the ways he'd humiliated himself and really must have just been letting down everyone who had faith in him. If he got home now, he might even be able to make it without any of his neighbors seeing.

"Have a good night. Make good decisions," he said, like he couldn't help himself, and despite the compulsion to smack himself in the face, he instead just quickly turned away from the agent and hurried off in long, eager strides.

He needed to get out of there before he could just say more stupid things--or get himself into more trouble.

Orangeish Sherbert

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff