Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Break the Chain (Namaka x Cosmos)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:51 am
Panting slightly as she emerged from one of the mirrors squirreled throughout Destiny City, Namaka glanced back over her shoulder as if she feared whatever had been roused in mirror space was still on her tail.

It only took a moment's hesitation and Namaka did the unthinkable. Kicking out hard, she shattered the mirror, ensuring that if she had been followed... well. They couldn't follow her now. She had a moment of wildly thinking that she could leave a note of apology for breaking a traveling mirror. Then, she brushed the impulse away. She was going to find a way to stop being a dark mirror. She knew it was possible, since Corvus had said so.

She just wasn't sure how to get it done. All she had was a wild surging feeling deep in her heart that she was done forever with mirrorspace and the Court. She wanted to be free of whatever Chaos she was infected with.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:02 am
Namaka was alone, with no indication that her wish had been heard, for nearly three minutes. Cosmos’ light streaked through the stars, faint and faraway until it flickered from sigh--and reappeared only a few feet from her. She looked like she had been mid-step when she appeared, staff in hand, in a haze of sparkly mist.

She manifested with grace and poise, and her eyes found the Dark Mirror Senshi immediately.

“...You have called for me?” she asked, but spoke with certainty; Namaka was the only one she felt in the area. Her eyes scanned the area again anyway, as if she should have anticipated some sort of ambush.

DaisyMilk

The Space Cauldron

Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 pm
Still on edge, Namaka couldn't help her startled shriek as a sparkling lady suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The weird little mirrorseed she'd collected tumbled to the ground from numb fingers as the dark mirror senshi stood and stared at the other woman in shock.

Still as the other stood still and spoke, Namaka allowed herself to relax. Very slightly.

"Don't know what you mean by calling you," she began. "I haven't called anyone that I know about. I don't even know who you are."

Deciding that it was safe enough to move, Namaka knelt and picked up the mirrorseed from where it lay in the grass and gave it a gentle burnish with the edge of her skirt.

"So, who are you?"

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:55 am
Cosmos watched her for a moment, closely, and then seemed to relax the grip on her staff, just slightly. “I am Sailor Cosmos. Your starseed was calling to me. I am not mistaken,” she insisted, because the Cauldron had heard. She had heard.

“That’s how I found you.”

She broke eye contact to look at the Mirrorseed Namaka picked up and her eyes lingered on it for a few seconds before she returned her attention to Namaka. “You want to purify.”

DaisyMilk

The Space Cauldron

Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:13 pm
Her starseed had called this weird lady? Namaka opened her mouth, wanting to demand more information or argue, but she quickly shut it and a thoughtful expression crossed over her face. Well, why not? Hadn't she just escaped a weird sort of mirrored hellscape? Why couldn't her starseed reach out to someone attuned to such things?

This ******** city, I swear, she thought a little wryly.

She caught the flickered glance and managed to not jump again as this Cosmos declared her intention to seek purification. Sweeping the little mirrorseed with her own glance, she grimaced.

"I'm guessing you know what this thing is then?" she asked, holding out her opened hand, mirrorseed resting on her palm. "Also, you aren't wrong. I do, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I only brought this thing with me because my gut told me I should. What is it?"

A glance down at the dark of her skirt suddenly irritated Namaka and she brushed at it, her heart pulsing with a desire to be free of the Mirror's constraints.

"Can you help me?"

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:25 am
“I can,” Cosmos answered without hesitation; her eyes settled on the MirrorSeal in Namaka’s hand. She dismissed her staff so both of her hands were free. “And I will, if you are prepared for it.”

She shifted positions, far more relaxed now, and explained in a calm, even voice, “You are holding the manacles to the Mirror. Its last chains upon you, upon your starseed. I have heard it called a MirrorSeal, though I do not know who gave it that name. It is an unnatural thing, crafted here in Destiny City. It is a Chaos I have seen nowhere else but here. That shell is a fabrication of your starseed, your true starseed. It binds you to the Chaos. If you want to be free of it, I must cleanse it. But. It will hurt.”

She was honest, perhaps bluntly so. “You have a poison in your heart and we must burn it out for you to be free. The only way to do that is if you give me that MirrorSeal and let me purify it.”

DaisyMilk

The Space Cauldron

Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 am
Listening intently, Namaka's eyes widened as Cosmos explained. Shifting her gaze from the other woman's face to the mirrorseal resting in her hand, she shuddered.

"All that craziness in such a tiny thing," she murmured, long in thought for a brief moment. Then she shook herself out of it and resolutely thrust the thing at Cosmos.

"Take it and do whatever it is you have to do," she said firmly, almost viciously. "I don't want any part of it anymore. As far as it hurting..."

Namaka shrugged a little helplessly. Sometimes, healing had to hurt. Besides... "No pain, no gain, right? Let's do this."

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:53 pm
Cosmos watched her for a moment and then nodded slowly. She seemed as resolved as Namaka, though seemed calm as she accepted the MirrorSeal.

She was careful with it, as if she were holding a real starseed, but there was something sad in her eyes, something disappointed with the anomaly. She might have been disgusted with it, if her face allowed her to make such an expression. Instead, she just seemed sad.

The MirrorSeal was cradled carefully in her hands and then, after a few seconds, it began to glow. The mirror coating around it seemed to burn, to melt, to crack--and then, it shattered.

The Chaos hissed and fizzled, like water on a hot stove--but it was gone.

Mirrorspace’s grip on her starseed was lessening, and with each heartbeat she grew further and further away from it--and closer to her true self.

DaisyMilk

The Space Cauldron

Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:17 am
For a moment, Namaka stood there feeling kind of stupid for just standing around and watching a weird, glowing lady do her weird, glowy thing. And as seconds crawled by she wondered if this was a bit and she was being pranked.

Then, she felt something deep within her chest grow warm, then almost unbearably hot.Her hand fluttered up to rest above her heart, knuckles growing pale as she clenched her fingers in the material of her fuku. Well, she thought weakly, Cosmos did say this would hurt...

She wanted to scream, but choked down the urge. This was necessary. As weird as she was, Namaka was certain that Cosmos wouldn't hurt her just for jollies. And as long as Namaka watched her do her thing, it made what she was feeling easier to bear. She was watching the physical manifestation of her chaos being seared away. She almost laughed when the burning seemed to lessen. Well, that hadn't been so bad...

No, wait. It was bad. Namaka couldn't help herself as the hand over her heart spasmed and her legs gave out from under her. She could feel the seal as it shattered and the hiss that escaped her lips ended in a lilting whine as she did her best to not cry. Then, it felt as if a different sort of warmth replaced the burning, this time comforting and somehow so right. As she blinked through tears, Namaka thought she could see the dark color of her skirt bleaching away to white. Every beat of her heart seemed to bring a tiny change.

Finally, Namaka raised her tear-streaked face up to look at Cosmos and managed a faint, crooked smile.

"You were not kidding about it hurting. Thank you. I do not ever want to go through that again."

Gingerly, she pushed herself to her feet and wobbled for a moment before taking a step closer to Cosmos to see if anything remained of the false starseed.

"Now what happens?" she asked quietly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 pm
The false starseed was a hollow shell, a relic of the life she’d left behind. Cosmos held it delicately, as if it were a starseed, and presented it to Namaka to do with as she pleased.

“Now you live the life you were supposed to have,” Cosmos said, and reached her free hand to brush her thumb over Namaka’s cheek, wiping away the tears gently.

“Do you have allies to call upon? ...If you are alone, I can help you find someone that can help. I cannot stay for long, this is not my world. But I won’t abandon you. You’ve been through the worst of it. You’re free.”

DaisyMilk

The Space Cauldron

Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:52 pm
"I'm free," Namaka repeated slowly, tasting the words and deciding that she liked them. Accepting the mirrorseed, she held it a moment before dropping it to the ground and grinding it to dust under her heel. She wanted no part of it. And if she was starting over, she didn't want anything from her past holding her back.

"Thank you," she said softly. "I'll be okay, I think. I know a couple of people who can help me out."

Of course, she wasn't entirely sure how to contact them, but she'd taken up enough of Cosmos' time. She'd figure something out. She'd been doing that almost her entire life anyway. What was another couple of nights?

She'd survive. She always did.

"Thank you," she repeated. "But I think I need to go hit up an ATM and find a way to let my parents know I'm not coming home."

That was going to be the hardest part. But she still felt the adrenaline from her change and she wanted to get as much done as possible while she felt this invincible. Giving Cosmos a bow, she turned and walked resolutely into the night. She had things to do.

The Space Cauldron

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff