[prp] Out of the Darkness [Tosk/Ussu/B'den/Riojath]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:09 pm
Darkness. It was familiar and comforting. It hadn't been so long ago that he had been left gasping for air as his dragon roared and fought for his life.

Now he lay back, basking in a puzzling numbness, wandering just where Ussurianth was.

It was quiet. So eerily quiet. Was he prey once more to that powerful mind, stalked within this peaceful repose? Was Ussurianth waiting to tackle him, to remind him of his true self? He quested outwards, pulling at the familiar, yearning for the bronze's touch against his own mind.

"Ussu... rianth?" He croaked into the darkness, trembling. As he tried to lift his fingers, he found his body unresponsive to his will. Where was he? Where was Ussurianth?

"Lie still." A voice ordered, and Tosk stopped moving obediently. "Your dragon is fine. He received no injury, and was soothed by a queen."

Well. That was strange, wasn't it? {Ussurianth? Are you okay? I can't see you.}

The dragon coiled around his mind, but held back from striking, wavering with such hesitation that Tosk grew worried. The bronze _was_ fine, he could sense that much... But something was amiss. He wasn't himself.

/I am sorry, ToskMine./ His deep mindvoice cracked, broken by misery and worry. /I failed you./

{No... No you didn't... Why do you say that?} Tosk was so comfortable. Pillows cuddled his head. Blankets warmed his body. He was safe. He had everything he needed.

/Not... Everything./

{What happened?} A sharp, sudden realisation brought a moment of clarity. They had been flying Fall. What...

/It was my fault. I did not see the clump, and.../ There was a low moaning sound drifting from so far away, aching with terrible familiarity.

"Ussurianth..." Tosk breathed, opening his eyes. He recognised the infirmary, realising in an instant what must have happened. Flashes of memory flickered through his mind like streaking stars. There had been pain. So much pain. He lifted his arm.

Just one.

His eyes widened in shock, and he touched his face with his right hand.

"You're lucky you didn't suffer worse scarring. We were able to save most of you, but we needed to make sacrifices." The healer trailed off, turning away as he reached for a cup.

Tosk glanced downwards, where an arm ought to have been, and saw nothing. His heart dropped. Gone. Nothing but an ugly, twisted...

/I am sorry./ Ussurianth curled up so small in his mind, almost kitten-like.

{No, it's okay. I'm okay. I'm alive still.} It would be okay. He had to believe those words. No matter what, he had to. For Ussurianth's sake, if nobody else.

"Drink." The healer ordered. Tosk complied without thought, the fellis slipping easily down his throat. His eyes began to close against his will, the pain numbed once more.

{It'll be okay...} His last thoughts before he drifted back into darkness.

Outside, Ussurianth could not bear the weight of his shame and guilt. The queen had stilled his distress, when he had first landed... Now he turned his head, fixing the infirmary with a piercing grey gaze. He needed someone... Anyone who had suffered. Anyone who would reach out. He was lost.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:04 pm
Sweet Symmetry

User Image

B'den was happily fussing over her riding straps. Being a rider was an absolutely dream come true and she took to it like a fish to water, or maybe a dragon to air. She continued to dote upon her adopted kids as much as her dragon. The woman had perched herself in the shade where she'd be easy to find as she worked in case someone needed her. To her surprise, it was her own dragon who came slinking up.

Riojath had been mingling and sunning with anyone she could talk into spending time with her, which included anyone and everyone. The more the merrier. However, some dragons weren't merry and the young green picked up on that. She felt compelled to help. It's what her rider would do after all. B'denmine, there is someone who needs us. The green called as she slunk up to her rider.

B'den tilted her head. I'm assuming this one isn't a human then? Usually people knew they could simply approach her without worry. That it was Riojath bringing it up, could only mean whoever it was, wasn't human. Which meant it was a dragon. B'den tucked her stuff neatly into a basket. She'd come back to it. "Alright, let's go!" A relieved croon came from the green as she turned and headed toward the infirmary.

Just outside, was a young adult, grey-eyed bronze staring at the infirmary. That had to mean his rider was inside and probably injured. Riojath hesitated a moment. What was she to do? How could she approach him? In an instant, her rider suggested a course of action. The pair walked up. Riojath scooched up beside the bronze and laid a wing over his back in support.

magnadearel

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:19 pm
magnadearel

It was the touch of another that startled him from his melancholy haze. He had not expected to see so young a dragon interested in his plight, and his initial reaction- to back up and huddle away- was mastered quickly before he hurt her feelings.

/Hello, little one... Perhaps this place is not the best place for you to be./ He intoned softly, tilting his head at Riojath before peering around for her rider... Ah, there she was. He watched B'den with a grey eye, his focus still sliding towards the infirmary. The queen had assured him Tosk was in safe hands, and he sensed no pain from his rider... But his lack of consciousness was troubling.

/I do not mean to cause trouble, but I suspect I will not make good company./ He sunk slightly lower to the ground, his stocky frame coiled tight.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:57 pm
Sweet Symmetry

B'den knew she was there more for moral support to Riojath as she made her first big steps in helping another. This wasn't her rider's brother, or even one of her own siblings. This was an adult dragon. One she didn't know well, and who may or may not accept her help. She stood there, not too close, but radiating love and support for both dragons.

Perhaps she should have said something before approaching this close, but she'd felt his need and just wanted to cuddle him and let him know someone was there for him. The young green lifted her head slightly. I am not that little. No, this is exactly where I need to be. Where you need me to be. She would be the shoulder that would help support him.

B'den saw the bronze look around until he spotted her. She smiled at him. "Hello. I'm B'den. I hope your rider is doing better."

Riojath gave a soft little croon. You aren't causing trouble, you are worried for Yours. The green gave a small shake of her head. You don't have to be good company. I'm here to be good company for you. My name is Riojath.

magnadearel

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:08 pm
magnadearel

/I don't-/ His stuttered protests died as they lived- quickly. /You are small. Comparatively./ He changed tack, focusing his attention entirely on the young green. He wasn't about to admit that he was grateful for the distraction- however light-hearted and silly said distraction might be.

When B'den spoke- it was hard not to notice the aura of love she emanated- Ussurianth peered at her. /He is not in pain. He said it'll be okay.../ Ussurianth did not believe the last words. How could it be okay? He had cost his rider... Well.

He hung his head once more, teetering on the brink of despair. For a moment his hearts wrenched and tore, but there was nothing he could do. He couldn't go back and change what happened. /Riojath.../ He turned back to her, grey eyes whirling with concern. /I hope this never befalls you./ His mindvoice was so quiet as to be a whisper in a storm.

/It's my fault. I did this./ And he sunk lower into the ground, if that were possible. What if he had flown faster? _Betweened_ quicker? What if he had flamed? Rolled away? How could he call himself a dragon of Pern?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:22 pm
Sweet Symmetry

Riojath was amused by his change in tactic. And you are full grown, she replied with humor. Even a full grown green was small compared with a bronze, yet alone one barely half grown. A point Riojath didn't mind.

I am glad the healers are taking well care of Yours. The young green considered the dragon before her solemnly for a moment. She took the moment to think if it was her rider in there? Grey threaded her eyes for a moment before the love from B'den flooded her. Yes.

Riojath scooted closer and draped her smaller wing over his larger body. I am so sorry you have to suffer through this. You do not have to do it alone though. We are here for you. I am sure any dragon you ask would be here for you too. She sat quietly beside him for several minutes. Gently listening but not judging.

Please don't feel that way. It was not your fault for doing what you were meant to do! Fight Thread! It is not the nicest of stuff. She gently nosed his shoulder.

"Would you like me to go take a quick peek at your rider? Riojath could relay the image to you." B'den was sure the healers wouldn't mind too much if she just poked her head in to get a visual of the rider for the dragon. It might reassure him that his rider was being well cared for if his rider was unconscious.

magnadearel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff