Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The rain had eased up in the morning, but the lioness still could feel the dampness seeping into her fur. The smell of rain still hung in the air, and Kawani knew it was only a matter of time before it would begin to rain again. Her eyes scanned the horizon, trying to make sure that everyone was accounted for. While muddy, there hadn't been enough rain to risk any sort of accidents, but the lioness wanted to ensure that everyone was safe. The last thing they needed was the river to swell its banks and not ensure that all Wolf clan was on slightly higher ground.

"I think that's everyone," she mumbled to herself, gaze moving towards the dark and heavy clouds above. To be fair, she loved the rain, but there was always a need to be careful when enjoying the shifting seasons that passed over their homelands.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:42 pm
User Image

For much of the Waya family, life had been chaotic to say the least. That they survived scandal after tragedy after scandal was something to marvel at, but the younger Wayas were leading the clan well and the older family members could finally take it easy. Sedi in particular had always had a quiet and calm outlook on life but he had found his own peace lately and seemed ever more optimistic about the world around him.

Rain was something Sedi relished in now more than ever, a reminder of home for a dear friend.. but there was no denying the need to get moving and head for higher ground as it went on. He was near the middle of the slow trickle of lions that followed along the path and lingered near his sister as she watched over the rest of the clan.

"Not enjoying the rain today?" he asked.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 pm
Kawani laughed. "Of course I am not, not when it feels like there are too many other paws to keep an eye on. If we were already on higher ground, maybe it would be easier to enjoy."

She waved out her paw to her brother, always happy to see him. "Besides, as nice as the rain is, there's always the mud to deal with later. Trying to clean out all that caked out mud... no thanks."

Kawani leaned over to make sure that no one was lingering behind, and it seemed somewhat like everyone was doing ok. "How are you doing?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:39 pm
"Maybe," he agreed, looking off at the Wolf Clan slowly traveling towards higher ground around them. Some were more enthusiastic than others, mostly the younger ones. Sedi wasn't ready to admit it but there was an ache in his bones that suggested he might even be getting old, which was unthinkable! He was only just getting started, after all.

"I'm doing well," he answered with a smile, "But I rather like the mud. I guess it's grown on me."

As a lion with a white mane and tail, Sedi was never the type to enjoy the dirt or mud before but he'd relaxed more the older he grown and he had learned other perspectives that made him appreciate it. The real shame was hiding the stories marked onto his toes, but at least they never really went away.

"How about you?"  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:47 pm
Kawani couldn't help herself, she scooped up some of the mud that was around her and tried to toss it onto Sedi's tail with mixed success. She laughed again, trying to see if she could get a bit more mud on his tail. "I take it that you like it so you can blend in with everything... except maybe that giant white mane of yours."

Except now her paw had a bunch of mud in it, and that was the part she hated the most about the mud. "Well, at least the younger ones are probably enjoying it. We have good rains here, but they never seem to last as long as what we need."

"Keeping busy. At least the wanidatsi hasn't been around for a bit of time, so clearly we've been doing something right in the Waya family."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:53 pm
Sedi couldn't help himself and he flinched when his sister tossed mud at him. His tail swayed aggressively behind him, as if it could shake it off. He scrunched up his nose and made a face at Kawani, but he was smiling. He still didn't like it so much in his mane, that was harder to clean and all around too much to deal with. His tail was unavoidable.

"It's nice to blend in," he said, giving his answer to both remarks, "We were honestly due some peace and quiet, though I feel bad for Tsine'reha and Ukahada. I wish they could settles down, but they seem happy enough staying focused on work.."

It was hard to argue with workaholics, and relationships were not taken lightly around here so it was very easy to have happen.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 pm
"Settle down... how?" she smirked at Sedi. She knew that he probably meant in both terms, but it was still fun to poke at him a bit when he opened himself up for it. It was probably something that the two of them would never grow out of, regardless of how old they were and would continue to grow.

"You know I'm just kidding. I like living at a slower pace, even the rain decides to make us pick it up a bit." She glanced around again, seeing that some of the train was starting to move along at a better pace now.

"At least there will be some future flowers for us to pick after all this rain."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:07 pm
Sedi sighed heavily at Kawani's remark but still didn't actually look put off. Always smiling.

"You're right, of course, we should let them enjoy the peaceful life we have going on now. You never know what will happen, there's no point worrying about it but there's every reason to slow down and enjoy now," he said, following her glance around. She was being light and joking, he always found the best response to that was sincerity. His own way of poking fun back.

"Ooooh, I hadn't thought about the flowers," he said, suddenly distracted by the prospect and looking around, "That's one thing we've been missing in our crafting materials lately, I hope we find more of those orange ones after it dries out."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:47 pm
Kawani took a moment to nudge her brother with her shoulder, still having a chuckle at their cubish shenanigans. She knew that she would get quite a bit of entertainment out of this for quite some time.

"Well, we will have quite a lot of work to do once the flowers bloom. I hope you're ready for a lot of work again once we get there." She nodded towards the group, signaling for Sedi to come and fall in pace next to her. They had to try to carry up the rear, but at least they would both know that everyone was safe, and looking forward to a dryer day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:56 pm
Sedi managed to hold back a pout at her nudge and turned back to the group as she started to head back towards them. He did genuinely like working with flowers, once the rain stopped and they had the opportunity pick and dry some.. it would be nice..

"Anything to keep me out of trouble," he said, stepping up alongside her and gently returning the nudge, "The challenge for any Waya."

He chuckled and started walking after the group.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out