Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2021)
☠ Kitteh Faye ☠ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:36 pm

User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

_ Useful Info ____________________

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
              tab Here's some highlights:
              tab tab * One post per day
              tab tab * Label your days
              tab tab * Spoiler all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
              tab Comment is optional

[b]Day # [/b]
                  [u]Theme[/u]:
                  [u]Time spent[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

_ YOUR DEADLINE_________________

🔪 (UTC-5) SAME day 11:59 PM

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm
Day #1
Theme: peony
Time spent: 4ish hours?

User Image

Comments: I spent about an hour on the bg that I ended up cropping out because I drew the peony too small. Also the open state isn't enough frames. Will probably fix in the future but I'm done for now.  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:31 pm
Day # 2
Theme: Otters, Color Palette
Time spent: about 1 1/2 hours

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: So these are Reo and Mabu from Sarazanmai. They're agents of the otter empire  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:32 pm
Day # 3
Theme: draw the mule
Time spent: somewhere between 1-2 hours. Wasn't watching time but was listening to music at the playlist looped at least once, each song at 3-5 minutes each.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: I was going to skip tonight since I had no time after dinner to draw but I have my phone in bed wasn't gonna say I was in the bath, rather have said bed but nah, i was in the bath trying to have my relaxing downtime but instead was struggling on a phone app trying to make something to submit,, this will have to do. I blended a couple other attempts. This one looks better but it's not the best. I'm used to different brushes for blending so I can't make it look right.  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:39 pm
Day # 4
Theme: Jellyfish, Watercolor
Time spent: omg I have no idea uhhhh 2-3 hours???

User Image
User Image

Comments: my white gel pen died so I had to try to do the thin tentacle things with acrylic and the thinest brush I could find  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:23 pm
Day #5
Theme: Pyramids of Giza
Time spent: for the image below about 30-40 minutes, in total about 2 hours

User Image

Comments: Long story short, I initially tried making this picture in opentoonz so I could make a little animation out of it, and I found the brush settings so I derped around but as i was working on it I realized the way i was doing the scene wouldn't....work? it's hard to explain and I didn't get much further than a kinda gradient blue sky and solid mass of color for sand when I scrapped what I had and restarted in CSP with the intention of making the image and importing it into opentoonz but I'm tired and I'll have to finish this another day  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:40 pm
Day #6
Theme: Venus
Time spent: 25mins for presketches, 45 minutes for final sketch

User Image
User Image

Comments: Sailor Venus. Was going to ink and color the final sketch but I'm working a lot slower lately cuz my brain feels like mush and I just don't have the energy so I might do that later oAo;  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:51 pm
Day #7
Theme: Bumblebee
Time spent: 15 minutes on the planning sketches, about 1 hour 20mins for the animation

User Image

Comments: TIMING!!!!! I used this to help practice timing and oh boy I feel SO GOOD with how this came out. Also there is a story here.  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:08 pm
Day #8
Theme: Spirit Challenge p1
Time spent: about 1 1/2 hour

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: Lineart and Colored versions, PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGES TO GO THE FULL SIZED TRANSPARENT BG IMAGE.
Blaze is back! I drew him for the dress up challenge waaaaaay back in 2018.
Blaze is usually very high energy, the youngest of 7 brothers. His character is inspired heavily by the music of Mindless Self Indulgence. Hobbies include hanging with his brothers, singing, skateboarding and gymnatics/parkour. He is a fire elemental/shadow(original race, just think of like a vampire but without the need to suck blood) and this is his 'human' form.
Black or red tank tops and black trip pants are his go-to outfit. Honestly you can dress him in pretty much anything, but if you need some inspiration he'll wear anything James Euringer wears, or clothes from Hot Topic and Spencers.
Anatomy is s**t and I had feet so I made it so no one has to draw shoes cuz shoes suck!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:15 pm
Day #9
Theme: Spirit Challenge Part 2
Time spent: About 2 1/2 hours

User Image
User Image
User Image

Comments: For Katal's: I wanted to stay away from my initial thought of 'dress him as sans' so I went for a comfy hoodie, loose black pants and a pair of boots. the boots were initially black but I changed it to brown cuz I didn't like the pants and boots both being black. I also initially was going to make the hoodie dark green with pastel purple lettering but it was giving off barney vibes so I then changed the lettering to like a taupe, but I didn't like it cuz DETERMINATION deserves to be red and to avoid Christmas colors I changed the hoodie from green to blue.

For Naara's: I've had a side project on the backburner in my head for a while which deals with jungle themed clothing, so I used you as a bit of a test subject. The clothing tends to be leathers/skins, or plant based textiles, so the vest is really stiff since it's....it's actually a bark, not a fabric so I tried to keep straight lines and a stiff looking texture. Also a lot of jungle tribe clothing have triangular designs in reds, yellows, blacks, and other natural dye colors so I decorated the bottom....uhh it's not a skirt....flap? xD So uh thanks for being my test subject.

For Mythological's: I wanted a simple sleek dress, something formal but not over the top. made the body form fitting but the sleeves loose and airy. Added a gradient and some starry-ness as a nod to her goddess form.  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:48 pm
Day #10
Theme: Finish/Improve (Day 3 art of mulechan)
Time spent: FFFF uhhhh 2-3 hours???

Comments: So, THIS WAS MY ORIGINAL PLAN ALL ALONG FOR THIS PIECE!!! Ugh I am SO HAPPY I finally got to do what I wanted. Day 3 I was going to originally skip cuz I was tired and had shut down my comp but then I felt bad so I tried to submit something for the day. I hated how it came out and so I wanted to take today to do what I had originally planned for that day all along.
I am getting more comfortable with drawing in OpenToonz and learning it's little quirks. I wanted to animate more (the feather, sash ties, and possibly the skirt?) but I ran out of time so I'm just going to submit what I have for now.
Also random bonus doodle I did today:
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
Day #11
Theme: Forbidden City
Time spent: about 35mins

User Image

Comments: waaaaaaay too many details I was about ready to gouge my eyes out and break my pencil cuz I kept messing up so I put it down after 35mins so I stopped being angry scream  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:32 pm
Day #12
Theme: Genderbend Challenge: a movie character
Time spent: 30 mins

User Image

Comments: So I had the idea to genderbend The Beast from beauty and the beast and I did the sketch and worked on it a bit so the proportions and stuff looked right, then I wasn't sure what to do with it really so I looked at the time and was like 'oh it's been 30mins since I started working' and so I just kinda....yeah idk I might render it either traditionally or digitally later but right now idk what I wanna do with it yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Day #13
Theme: Reindeer
Time spent: 50 minutes

User Image

Comments: My husband was watching me draw and looked at me and says "you know you're scarily accurate when you draw animals. Like, your humans are ok but when you draw animals you get the proportions almost dead on." Which is weird cuz I've never drawn a reindeer before and I don't draw animals often so idk  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:55 am
Day #14
Theme: Owl
Time spent: about 35 minutes I think?

User Image

Comments: I learned how to animate on my phone. Was a bit hard to track time cuz I had to stop and start every time we parked cuz I couldn't draw while the car was moving xD  
100 Days Event (2021)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff