Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Peace and Quiet [Sterling x Ilya][Fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 pm
Things were hectic in Ilya's life, if only because work had picked up and was leaving him feeling like there was too much work and not enough him. When Sterling had dropped by with a fresh little cake, he had not wasted the opportunity to invite him to stay for a chat.

This time of day--late afternoon, just as the sky had begun to change colors with the setting sun--was beautiful, and Ilya found that when the weather was so nice, he rather enjoyed the idea of indulging in a little peace and quiet.

So, he and Sterling had taken a seat at the small table outside, with two chairs so meticulously cleaned that it was hard to imagine they were outside furniture.

The little cake was cut and served on two plates, and Ilya had prepared drinks for them.

He had just taken his seat and settled in, letting out a soft sigh as his eyes found the warm colors of the sky. Even with all the houses around, he had a clear view.

"I really do love this neighborhood," he said softly, smiling. He didn't even mind the aroma the cinnamon broom he'd hidden out here after some nameless neighbor gifted it to him. "I know why I chose this house. How did you pick yours?"

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:07 pm
Sterling felt like he was always smiling now. Everything felt right with the world. Priam was healing, the three of them were doing quite well with their relationship...there hadn’t been any jealousy so far as he could tell. Plus, Priam was feeling better, and that...that was simply the best thing of all.

He let out a soft, contented sigh and took a bite of the cake, running his thumb over the edge of the table. “It’s a wonderful neighborhood. And, for my house...it was just the right size, and it had a lovely yard, and it’s close enough that I can get to school without worrying about a car.” He still didn’t have one but...it was on the list. Thankfully Yu did though.

“I think it was a good choice for me, honestly. It feels more like home than any place I’ve lived for a long while. Though...that could all be simply the roommates and neighbors.” Sterling gave Ilya a warm grin and wrinkled his nose playfully. “What made you choose yours?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:26 pm
Ilya found himself laughing softly, amused by the little nose wrinkle. "It was affordable. It was in a good neighborhood, low crime. I'm seven minutes away from my office, so if there was an emergency I know I could get there pretty quickly. I can get to nearly every major road in Destiny City in minutes, so that's helpful when I've got a case I have to take care of. There were a few other places I was considering, but this one had a back yard. It's big--I'll be able to get a whole garden growing. More than just the herbs, vegetables. I even thought about planting some trees."

His little garden was perfectly organized--just like everything in his life.

He had worked meticulously to make sure it could thrive--and looked aesthetic, of course.

"I didn't think I'd be able to afford a house," he confessed. "...But it's like, everything I applied for just fit. I was sure the bank would deny me, but I got lucky. It was like the universe was telling me this is the place. I even thought it would be good, if Eli does wind up going to school down here, it's got a spare room he can use if he needs to crash here."

He smiled at him. "I'm surprised I never saw you. I was here four times before I moved in, for an hour or two each time. I'm still sorry for the shock."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 pm
Sterling nodded. “That was another big reasons for me. The house had been on the market for so long, the price was great.” He laughed and took another bite of his cake, sighing. “I made a good one with this, Ilya. I’m glad that you like chiffon. It’s wonderful.” His eyes wandered back to the sunset and he sighed once again, in utter contentment.

“...I’m actually glad that you didn’t see me...I...think it would have made sure that you didn’t buy the house, and then we wouldn’t have been able to be friends again...and trust me, Ilya...I like being friends again. I really hope that your brother comes to school and visits...I want to meet him. I wish I would have gotten the chance before.”

He had the chance to do a lot of things now. A chance to move forward with everything and have absolutely no regrets.

The smile that lit his face was one that didn’t hold a hint of the stress or anxiety that it used to when he was dating Ilya. It was as though all the stress had gone.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:19 pm
Ilya nodded; he lifted his fork to take a small bite and sampled the cake. He sighed contentedly as he chewed and nodded; it wasn't until after he had swallowed that he spoke. "It's wonderful, Sterling. You outdo yourself with every new recipe, I think."

It wasn't flattery; he didn't have a taste for sweets in most cases, but Sterling had a way of bringing the flavor out over the sweetness, and the texture was so divine that even if all he could taste was the sugar, he didn't think he'd have been able to complain.

"I suppose it did work out in the end. I am sorry for all of the initial trouble--but I am glad that we get to do this again." He smiled, a genuine, soft thing, like all of the worry eased out of his face and he didn't have to pretend or smother any of his emotions. "I wish I could have done things a little differently. But, you have Yu, now. I haven't seen him in a while, is he doing all right?"

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:51 pm
Sterling absolutely beamed, his eyes brighter than the setting sun with the praise. “I’m trying. I know that you like things more subtle while Yu...he just likes things sweet, he doesn’t care as long as he’ll get cavities if he eats too much!” He grinned and laughed softly, nodding at the question and the words.

“I’m glad that we got to do it again too...I really missed you...but...we shouldn’t dwell on the past, it’ll just make us both sad.” He reached over and held his hand out to Ilya, inviting him to take it if he so chose to. He wasn’t going to force physical contact on the male, no matter what their relationship had been. Not when he knew now that Ilya didn’t like it.

Or, rather. Hated it.

“Yu is doing well! Busy with work, and we’ve both been so busy tending to Priam...You heard about his accident, right? God...I thought he wouldn’t wake up. It was awful.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am
The physical contact didn't seem so threatening; he had days where it didn't bother him, and days where he seemed like the contact might devastate him. Today seemed to be a good day; he didn't reach for his hand sanitizer, didn't pretend not to see the hand.

He let his hand rest in Sterling's as he took another bite of the cake. "I'm glad he did. I'm sorry to hear about the accident, I've only heard the bit you told me, and that he was going to stay with you. How is his recovery? I know I'm not always here, with work and all, but if there's anything I can help with, let me know."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:35 am
Sterling brightened and squeezed Ilya’s hand gently, looking as though he had just been given a gift, which...honestly. He had.

“Yeah, of course. I’ll let you know. He’s starting to do a bit better, I think that being out of the hospital has been a big help to him. It’s...always easier to rest and recover when you’re home with people who care about you than when you’re stuck in a room full of beeping and smelling of chemicals.” He sighed and looked out again, shaking his head. “I keep baking things so that the house smells more...home like, you know? I might have to start dropping things off here or we’re going to turn into loaves of bread...I hope you don’t mind.”

Giving a grin he looked back to Ilya and lightly squeezed his hand again, before drawing his hand away. “You can always bring it to work and share my wonderful baking with the people you work with if you don’t want to turn into a loaf too.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:20 am
The corner of his lip curled just slightly at the thought of hospital rooms, of white walls and chemicals and machines. He'd spent his fair share of time in there and he couldn't blame Sterling for doing his best to make Priam feel like he was home.

"Are you sure it smells like a house and not a bakery?" he asked, smiling softly. Either way, he was certain it smelt charming and safe. "If you need to use my place as an unloading zone for your baking addiction, I won't stop you," he laughed, and drew his hand back to himself a little. "I'm worried if I took anything to work, they might get addicted."

The colors in the sky were vivid, but softening; Ilya seemed so peaceful, just admiring the display.

"...I can't get over how peaceful it is here," he murmured. "...It's like...all of the trouble and fuss of Destiny City doesn't reach here."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:15 am
“And what’s really the difference when you live with a cook and a baker? Doesn’t that just mean you live in a bakery that has some beds in it?” He waggled his eyebrows and laughed softly, seeming amused with his silly rhetorical question. “Well, who cares if they get addicted...I promise I won’t put any illegal drugs in them, unless of course you ask me too, and then I’ll deny it all, Ilya, I swear.”

He had once. In college. The brownies had been good, but being high...hadn’t really been the best kind of a feeling, so Sterling didn’t repeat it.

...But he was older now. And perhaps…

No, that was simply a thought for another day. “It is peaceful. The city is such a strange place...but this neighborhood is home. Nothing can get us here. It...it’s really the epitome of safety, and that’s one of the big reasons I love it so much…”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm
Ilya laughed softly and shook his head. "No! It's a state job, Sterling. If someone got caught with anything in their system, it would be the end of their career. I don't have a lot of friends where I work, but," he shrugged. "I am on good terms with all of them. I think everyone is just trying their best. The job doesn't pay enough for people to be here for a power trip."

He took another bite of the cake, not wanting any of it to go to waste. "I was really surprised to afford this house. I was worried someone died in here or something, but it just seems like someone was tired of having it on the market and was desperate to sell it. So I can manage it and school. I'm getting closer to my Masters Degree. I like my job, but. I don't know. I want to do more. What I do now, the investigative part? It's important, but."

He was quiet for a few seconds and reached for his glass, sipping at it--more to buy himself some time to choose his words than out of thirst.

When he spoke again, it was with a heaviness, like something weighed on his mind but he didn't want to say it.

Instead, he settled for, "I just want to do more. Be more."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm
“No, I felt the same way. About the house and about my life right now. I’ve almost finished with my Masters too...at least...at least you are doing something...I haven’t even started thinking of a career after I’m done...so...I’m a little jealous, to be honest. Yu and Priam both have jobs, and here I am, the freeloader...ah. Homeowing freeloader but...still. My only job is my schooling right now...and I don’t mind...but I feel you.”

He sighed, looking down at his cake.

At the very least, he had the fact he was Qingcheng. He might not be improving the lives of people through his profession, not yet...but he was doing something for the greater good. He was a light in the city, and that was important too.

“You’ll do more, Ilya. I know you. I’m proud of how far you’ve come so far! You’re going to be a hero to so many people. I’ve always known that.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 am
Ilya laughed softly. "I'd argue you're a little more put together than I am, though. So there's no shame in that. School is a job, don't stretch yourself thin. Besides, being in a relationship can take a lot out of you, too. You need time for you, and him, and school. I don't have other people to worry about--except at my job."

He wore a soft smile still. "Thank you for the vote of confidence, though. If we're being honest...A part of me wants one thing and a part the other. I want to be a well rounded social worker, that's what I've been working towards. Being the best that I can be on all fronts. But I want to do more. There's so much that goes into everything, and every case is different. So many people hurting."

He sighed, finger sliding over the smooth glass and collecting condensation.

"I'd do everything if I could. If there were more hours in a day. When you get a practice, you should let me know. I know you've got a good heart. I know a lot of people that could use someone like you to help them work through things."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:54 am
“It is a job, you’re right but…” He grinned and shrugged. “There are times when I like not having any other responsibilities, and I wonder if I could really just...go through life as a homemaker or something…” Sterling could easily see himself being there to welcome both of his boyfriends home, something good for dinner, though he could see Yu taking that job away from him just on principal.

“...That means a lot to hear you say that. That you really think I can help people. Sometimes...I do wonder if someone with my level of anxiety and my own issues should...be trusted to help others. Not that it gets bad very often any longer, but when it does. Ah. Well. You saw.”

He shrugged and pursed his lips. “I do like helping...We’ll figure things out. You and me, we’re on the right paths I think. And that’s something. We’re still young too...so that’s another something. We won’t...let the world down. It will be a better place because we’re in it.”

Sterling wanted to take Ilya's hand again, wanted to go and hug him like he used to, but he didn’t, instead he simply took his fork and ate the last bite of his cake, smiling.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:07 am
Ilya nodded and let out a relaxing sigh. "I suppose that's true. I feel old," he admitted, but laughed softly about it. "Worrying about both of my brothers, my parents. For a while there I felt like I had to be strong for everyone else. I couldn't take care of myself, I was too busy taking care of everyone else."

His cake was gone, and he took another long sip of his drink, buying more time to process his thoughts and what he wanted to share.

"I made a lot of mistake at that point in my life. But I suppose everyone is okay now, so I have time to work on things again. If you ever need an ear, I hope you'll let me be there. I think I'm pretty level headed now. And I don't get overemotional."

Or emotional at all, sometimes; he was very good at keeping himself tempered and calm.

Orangeish Sherbert

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces