Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[B] Strings Attached {Cybele & Remarque} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stari_maga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 am
Three college girls made their way, giggling, down the sidewalk. They were tipsy enough that they brushed past Cybele without apologizing. To be fair, Cybele did not apologize either. She stood silently, watching the way the light from the streetlamps glinted off their sequined dresses as they walked away.

There was technically nothing stopping her from claiming their starseeds and ending her hunt here. She was faster than they would ever be. Her hand could be in and out of their chests in a matter of seconds, and even if one of them somehow managed to call for help, she could teleport away.

But no.

Subtlety was apparently of some importance, and killing three people all at once in the middle of the street likely constituted a scene. Perhaps that was why collecting starseeds seemed to be most agent's least favorite chore. There were so many rules. Perhaps there was some moral element, too. That seemed to be what had Sylvite avoiding it like the plague.

Cybele did not mind. It was important work, apparently, and so she would do it, even if it took all night.

Although luck seemed to be on her side. It was only a few minutes later that a businessman came walking down the sidewalk alone. Still not a perfect target, but he was close enough by Cybele's standards.

She was standing near the entrance to an alleyway, and when he got too close, she shoved him into the shadows with one hand and reached into his chest with the other, drawing forth the starseed before he could protest too much. Then, she began draining the rest of the energy from his body.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:46 pm
Many things hid in the dark shadows of Destiny City, and tucked away in the back of the alleyway was a mirror Remarque tended to frequent, if only because of its accessibility and his familiarity with it. It had been here for months without someone discovering it, or moving it, and a creature of habit when he could spare it, he stepped out of it tonight.

Only in the guise of an Eternal Dark Mirror Senshi, he still immediately recognized the aura of a Corrupted Senshi. He felt her before he could see her, but his eyes were trained to the darkness.

Her hand, his chest. Starseed.

Wait.

Her face.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," he said, and summoned his Super Senshi magic even as he took long strides to approach her. Strings descended from the sky, wrapping around each joint and giving an initial, choppy tug. "--What do you think you're doing?" he demanded, not hostile but visibly surprised. "Cybele?"

This was not the White Moon Senshi he'd met all those years ago. This was not the the would-be Dark Mirror Senshi from a shared dream of the future.

This couldn't be her.

stari_maga
Super Sailor Scout Attack: Captive Audience
Strings descend on the target’s major joints and affect movement; the target is unable to move more than five feet in any direction before being jerked back to their original starting point. Limbs might feel a bit heavy, however the target can move in a mostly functional manner provided they don’t get too near to the four foot radius. There is a sense of discomfort and the strings would cling tighter, making movements choppier and more difficult for the target to control. The strings will remain in effect for around twenty seconds until they lose strength and snap off.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:04 pm
The aura came out of nowhere. One moment, Cybele stood over her target in the otherwise empty alleyway. The next, someone called out an attack and she found herself bobbling on marionette strings.

"I'm working," she said, a hint of a hiss in her voice, as she twisted to get a better look at the senshi. He knew her name. Her lips twitched as she heard that. She peered at him through the shadows, even though the weight of the ribbons had her neck bending sideways. She searched his face for that tiny hint of familiarity, but nothing came to her this time.

His aura and the loose, transparent fabric of his outfit marked him as a member of the Dark Mirror Court. Cybele's lips twisted farther at that thought. The wings at his back signified his strength. Nothing else about him sparked any kind of recognition.

"What is this?" she asked, tugging at the ribbon on one of her wrists. It held, and her arm bounced back into place. While her gaze and tone stayed mostly steady, a hint of aggression bubbled just under the surface. "You are Dark Mirror, aren't you? I was not aware we were meant to be enemies."

She did not think she wanted to be enemies. Still, she kept a gentle grip on the starseed.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:47 pm
"Not enemies," he confirmed, crossing the distance between them now. He stood next to her, shaking his head as he took in the darkness around her.

"Cybele," he said, disappointed and almost sad. He was shaking his head and circling her, like he was looking for some crack in this would-be illusion.

"The Negaverse? Really? We talked about this. You of all people, you knew."

The strings weren't too tight, and as the seconds ticked on they seemed to loosen and give her more control over her own movements.

"This isn't work, this is slaughter. You pull that starseed, you kill him--worse than that, even. Put that starseed back, just drain him and be done with it. What's happened to you?"

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:54 pm
Cybele's expression remained flat as he described the fate of the businessman, although she did nod at not enemies. Her voice came out a bit softer when she said, "If this makes you uncomfortable, I can stop."

It seemed she'd have to find an even less traveled area to do the chores that made the others squirm.

As the strings loosened, she knelt and pressed the starseed back into the man's chest. He did not really stir. Cybele still held a substantial amount of his energy in her other hand, but he let out a small snore and seemed to be breathing normally.

"Just ask next time, all right?" she said, with a hint of a smile to lighten the mood. "I almost shot you when you came out of nowhere with your magic like that."

She straightened and took another look at the senshi's face. He still looked like a stranger, but the earnest way he kept saying her name made her take a step forwards, slowly shaking her head. "I'm sorry," she said, smile fading. "I don't recognize you."

Her ribbons made good pockets. She tucked the energy away into one of them. "I was corrupted. The Cybele you knew does not really exist anymore." Her tone was steady, if perhaps a bit too flat. Her gaze shifted to his transparent vest. "I think she liked your kind, though."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:36 am
"If you shot me, I'd have figured something out. All's fair in love and war, even if it's someone on the same side, right? Not everyone cares to listen."

Not everyone would have done what she did.

He exhaled, hands planted firmly on his sides as he looked her over. He shook his head. "That's too bad. I liked her. Hadn't seen her in a while. I should have expected the Negaverse would have poached her, though. Should have thrown her through the mirror myself."

He 'tsk'ed, but it didn't mean much after such a statement made in such a noncommittal tone. He wouldn't forcibly corrupt someone; it was too dangerous and too destructive.

"I'm Remarque, Dark Mirror Senshi of Puppetry." He gestured to her, "Did you want this, or did they choose this for you?"

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:10 pm
As the strings completely snapped, Cybele took a few steps to the side so that she was no longer in danger of tripping over the businessman's unconscious body.

"Poached? From your Court?" She asked. She couldn't help fully raising an eyebrow at that. She knew that she'd liked the Dark Mirrors, and that probably meant something, considering the state of her memories, but she didn't think she'd been about to join them.

"It was chosen for me," she said, her tone settling into something conversational despite the subject matter. "From what I've heard, I was a target because I was taking some leadership responsibilities within Order. I'm not sure if people do that before jumping ship."

Then again, nearly everything she knew about herself was second or third hand. Perhaps things were more complex than Sylvite knew. She inclined her head slightly as she looked at him, curious if he had any perspectives on what had happened.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm
"I haven't heard anything about it, but it doesn't surprise me," Remarque admitted. "You always seemed like you'd be the sort. Stepping in, doing the right thing, defending the weak and innocent. It's what I remember, at least. I thought the White Moon was wasted on you. The lot of them, all disorganized and chaotic. You didn't have a chance to shine there. But you would have, in the Dark Mirror Court. I'd have won you over willingly if I'd had my way, but."

A long, drawn out exhale. "...Figures the Negaverse would have to resort to forcibly winning you over. I'm sorry they took that choice from you."

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:12 pm
Cybele shrugged. "I've come to terms with it," she said.

She was silent for a moment, thinking about what he'd said. She certainly wouldn't bother with something like protecting the innocent now, but it didn't seem impossible that she'd been like that in her distant previous life. The Negaverse hurt people. It made sense that they'd want to do something about her if she worked against that.

"You probably could have won me over," she said with a half smile. "I hope that since I am wearing black it is at least a step in the right direction, if we are to be friends."

She pressed her lips together, thinking about how he'd called his magic on her on sight, the way he'd called her name, and the tone he used to refer to her new organization.

"It's not, is it? You don't like the Negaverse. That's a shame, because I think I still like your court."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:46 pm
Remarque only laughed. "Don't be ridiculous. I'm a very prominent figure in the Dark Mirror Court. It would be scandalous if anyone started spreading a rumor that I didn't like the Negaverse."

He wore a wry smile. "I'm just worried about you. It took me by surprise, to see you like this. It's not what I would have expected of you."

Not what he wanted, either, and he felt a bitter sting at the idea that the Negaverse would just take what wasn't theirs to claim. A white moon senshi was better than a corrupted one.

But, this wasn't the end of the world. He could make something of this.

"Tell me, then, what's it like? Your new life."

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:28 pm
While Cybele noticed the lack of a yes or no answer to her question, she chose not to mention it. She simply nodded, her expression remaining mostly impassive. "No rumors," she promised, "And I'll try not to go on assumptions, either, going forward." She paused, and her gaze shifted to the wings at his hips. "I suppose I should just ask, if you know the Court well. What is our organization's relationship like?"

Even talking to the basic senshi and looking through Negaverse databases on the subject, she hadn't found a clearer answer than not enemies.

She blinked at his question, and considered for a moment before answering. "It is still very new. Three months, I think, and I was injured for quite a bit of it." Her tone remained light and conversational. "I started a part time job so I can be a bit more self-sufficient, although I do not mind this-" she gestured at her clothes, the fallen man, and then the space between them, "Being where I put most of my energy."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:39 am
"If the Negaverse is taking care of you, that's what matters, I guess. I don't want you to wind up homeless because they aren't pulling their weight after dragging you into this."

That was the easy thing, at least. Answering what their relationship was like was a little harder.

"Honestly, though. Depends on who you ask. There are Negaverse Agents who I've invited to dinner. And then, there are agents that would be more than happy to completely eradicate the Dark Mirror Court. Sort of have to play it by ear. Officially? As long as we 'stay out of your way', we're 'safe'. We don't have the numbers to compete with the Negaverse. They don't really care about taking people and corrupting them against their will, or turning them into disposable monsters. Not things we really agree on, but."

He shrugged. "...I tell the Court to be careful. It's not like you can tell which agents want to get along and which ones are trying to slit your throat until there's a blade against your neck."

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:10 pm
Cybele's lips pressed to the side, subtly at first and then more and more, until she was nearly frowning.

"That doesn't make sense," she said, and shook her head. "I believe you, it just doesn't seem ideal at all. There's no reason that the Negaverse should be making enemies it doesn't need, or that you should be suspicious of all of us and watching over your shoulder for someone coming to slit your throat."

She exhaled sharply, her shoulders going tense again. "I wasn't recruited for diplomacy, but I could try-"

She cut off abruptly and glanced down at her wrists, where his strings had attached. Then, she turned to him, her eyes narrowing. She wasn't angry, just watching him closely.

"You're not getting in the Negaverse's way, are you?" she asked. "If you are, there's not much I can do. From all I have seen, they do not deal very gently with obstacles."

She brushed a hand over her black skirt once more.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Remarque raised a brow. "Doesn't really benefit me to be an obstacle. You've got your goals, I've got mine. I stopped you because of who you are. If this is what you want to do," he gestured towards the unconscious man at her feet. "Then, that's what you're going to do. But you can't blame me for being surprised."

He didn't seem tense, didn't seem like he intended to give her any further hardship.

If he was lying, he had an excellent poker face.

"I can't say I understand the Negaverse's motives. I'd rather not think of us as enemies, either. But you're the ones with the numbers, so if you decided to pick us of," he shrugged. "Who would stop you?"

He didn't expect an answer. He didn't want one. It was asked with an intent of vagueness.

"I've had Dark Mirror Senshi that were attacked by agents for no other reason than they existed. And, to my knowledge, those agents weren't ever punished. I'm glad someone intervened, that the members of my Court made it out alive. But I can't help but wonder."

He inhaled, held it, and exhaled. "...If there are members out there that didn't. So yeah, I say err on the side of caution, always. Just in case. But then, you know. Half of the Court is married to someone in the Negaverse anyway, so obviously we can get along just fine."

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

stari_maga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:53 pm
“I understand,” said Cybele. Her watchful gaze never softened, but she eventually nodded. “From everything I’ve heard, this is surprising.” She briefly glanced down to the man, although she did not seem particularly concerned about him in her current state.

If Remarque was lying, she wanted to believe him.

She continued to watch him as he talked about attacks on members of his court, her brows knitting a bit. “That shouldn’t be happening,” she said, although as soon as the words were out of her mouth, she realized that she didn’t know if it was true. She’d never been briefed on any kind of diplomatic relationships. She’d hardly heard the Negaverse say anything about the Dark Mirror Court at all.

There was just some strange part of her that didn’t want them to be enemies.

“I have some authority from my rank,” she said. “Not enough to overturn the will of the Negaverse if something were to happen, but perhaps enough to keep it from getting to that point. I will put in a good word for you to anyone I can.” She was silent for a moment, then added, “I can investigate those incidents as well, if you’d like.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces