Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Rotten Weather (Serrekhar + Ciraine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:48 pm
It was one thing to have chores that needed to be done. It was entirely another when those chores meant having to slog through the wet and cold. The wet sand was another problem entirely. It got everywhere. Even after bathing, Serrekhar never quite felt like he'd gotten it all off of him. It was enough to drive someone crazy! He was grumbling to himself even now, scowling outside from the safety doorway of the barracks.

His curly hair shifted suddenly, and a golden head poked forth with an inquisitive cheep. "Still rainin'." He grunted, reaching back to stroke the firelizard with a tenderness that was at odds with his fierce expression. "You'd think the rain could just deal with shardin' Thread for us!" It'd make life so much simpler! And less dangerous!

He huffed loudly to himself, crossing his arms and glaring out all the mess. At least they didn't have to go back out for now, but tomorrow was another day. And his hand still throbbed from the stupid splinter he'd given himself. This was The Worst.

zaikt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:09 pm
Ciraine had just cleaned herself up after her latest round of chores, all too eager to get out of the rain and muck the moment she was able. Like many of the other Candidates, she hadn't exactly enjoyed the sudden shift in weather adding a fresh new unpleasant spin on her duties, and was already getting a little tired of it all. She'd been about to head to the kitchens for a small snack when she'd heard someone speak--as far as she could tell, it was...directed at her? Maybe?
There was a moment where she paused, standing a short distance behind Serrekhar. He was so much taller than her, and she was a touch intimidated, to say the least.

"That'd be nice of it." Her voice was soft, almost as if she wasn't quite sure if she should be speaking to him at all--Ciraine hadn't yet branched out and made many friends among the Candidates, but she at least recognized Serrekhar as...well, one of them. He'd been one of the handful who'd gotten a little bit hurt during their work on the beach the other day, and she remembered when he'd come around to help with the barricades instead. "I--don't know if we're going to be that lucky, though. But it's a nice thought."

As soon as she'd finished, though, she finally noticed something--a firelizard, carefully poking her glittering head out from his waves of curls. She'd...answered for a flit. A warm flush rose to her cheeks, tinting them rather red with embarrassment--what was she supposed to do now?

"I, um. I'm sorry if I'm...interrupting. I didn't see your flit, there." Ciraine shuffled a bit in place, trying to decide if she should simply book it instead of trying to steer this impending trainwreck back onto the tracks. "Should've looked a little more closely, I guess!"

Tsunake

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm
For one heart-stopping moment, Serrekhar actually thought Precious had talked. Torn between thinking that was amazing and freaking out, he slowly, nervously turned his head to try and eye the little queen. Instead, there was a girl, and he visibly sagged in relief. "Oh, uh-- No, I mean! I know she can't talk back, but she likes to be talked to." And if anyone made fun of them for that, he'd punch them into the next sevenday!

Still, it was nice that she hadn't immediately laughed or told him he was stupid for thinking like that. Precious had focused on the new voice at once, crooning softly in unmistakable greeting. "She, uh. She likes to hide in there." Serrekhar sounded embarrassed now, scratching at his cheek to cover it. "So don't worry about it."

Ugh, now that he wasn't about to jump outta his skin, she was pretty cute. A lot of the girls at the Weyr were. Serrekhar eyed her for only a minute before he stuck out his bandaged hand. "M'Serrekhar. She's Precious." He jerked his thumb to the flit, who'd now clamored onto his shoulder to get a better look at the other Candidate.

zaikt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:23 am
Oh no. Oh no, don't laugh, don't do it, you don't know this guy at all--

The look on his face before he spotted Ciraine properly, though. There was just something about it that hit her a very particular way, and a muffled sort of dread began to settle in her stomach, not quite heavy enough to merit any actual anxiety on its behalf. She did her absolute best to stifle the giggle that threatened to boil over, biting her lip to keep from laughing until she was absolutely certain that the feeling had passed, even if every second felt like forever.
Fortunately enough, there was quite the excellent distraction making herself known, and Ciraine was more than happy to put her attention somewhere other than thinking about that face for a second. Precious had more than earned her name, that was for sure; that little croon had her heart melting, and she was delighted to see more of the queen as she saw fit to investigate her new visitor.

"That's...really cute, actually." And honestly, it was! Serrekhar seemed more than a little embarrassed about it, so perhaps she could soothe his nerves as best as she could. "And I'm sorry, I'm not--I'm not trying to laugh at you, I promise! I thought I scared you, and I was a bit startled, and...well." In a way, she had caught him by surprise, hadn't she? Good to know she was...kind of stealthy. Sort of. Ciraine flashed him her best smile, taking his hand with surprisingly little hesitation. It would've been all too easy for her to get caught up in her own nerves, but they'd been thrown off their game for just long enough to give her a shot at a normal conversation.
"I'm Ciraine. And it's very nice to meet you, Miss Precious." Ciraine was just uncertain enough about the flit's boundaries to decide against trying to pet her or anything at the moment--not that she intended to without asking first, besides, but...better not to ruin this weird first impression. "She's lovely. How long have you had her for?"

Tsunake

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 am
"Wh--" His cheeks flushed visibly at her choice of words, his brain slowing to a crawl. Before Serrekhar could even think to react, she was shaking his head and smiling up at him in a way that chased every coherent thought out of his head. "Uh," He responded intelligently before giving his head a sharp shake to regain his focus. "I mean..." Well, since she was being honest, that meant he could too, right? "For a moment there, I thought she was talkin'... I wasn't sure how to handle that." He admitted sheepishly, unable to hide his own awkward grin.

Precious carefully extricated herself from her soft nest, sidling onto Serrekhar's shoulder and making his way down his arm with clear intent. Unbothered, he held his arm out for her so she could crane her neck towards Ciraine, chirping cheerfully. "She won't bite." As for when he'd gotten her... "Almost a Turn now. Got her from my sister, when I walked the tables." There was both pride and affection in his tone as he watched the queen, clearly smitten with her.

"You got any?" He wanted to know, curious.

Zaikt

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff