Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Neighbors [Sterling x Ilya] [Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:21 pm
Moving was never an ideal chore, but when the lease to his last apartment ran out, Ilya was ready to be gone. Loud neighbors was one thing, but incompetent management was a whole new issue, coupled with the fact that they thought it was just fine to come in whenever they wanted. Including when he was out, and had confidential papers in plain sight.

He'd filed notice countless times to please give him an advance warning and they fell on deaf ears.

So, he took it upon himself to resolve the problem, and moved out.

It wasn't hard to find somewhere more private in Destiny City, in a nice little neighborhood that had good reviews, low crime, and had seemed like the stereotypical nice neighborhood when he'd dropped by for a house visit a week and a half ago. It was a quick visit, but it had been enough, and he arrived with only a single car of belongings. Unpacking took him less than an hour, and the house was in dire need of furnishings, but there was nothing he could do about that until the delivery truck arrived.

For now, he set about the tedious task of speaking to the neighbors--not because he was hoping to make friends but because he was being responsible and needed them to know that his odd hours should be expected. And, it was the polite thing to do. In Destiny City, it never hurt to know what your neighbors looked like.

He was used to arriving at stranger's houses so it didn't feel odd. Only, this was a bit more personal, so he tried to make himself look presentable. You couldn't judge a book by its cover, but the cobwebs spread across the bushes and the crashed witch decoration hanging from the door was at least a little reassuring. It was cute, friendly almost.

He managed a faint, friendly smile, and knocked on the door.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:26 pm
Yu was at work, and Sterling was baking up a storm while studying for yet another round of tests, but the house smelled wonderful. A pumpkin pie was cooling on the counter, and there was an apple pie baking in the oven. He had baked cookies first and was in the process of filling up one of the cookie tins while munching on one of the cinnamon flavored delights.

He looked up at the knock on the door and blinked in confusion, looking at once to the clock on the wall.

No, it was still too early for Yu to be home…and he wasn’t expecting anyone…perhaps it was Priam?

The thought lifted Sterling’s mood at once ad he quickly put a few cookies onto a plate, hurrying to the door and opening it with a grin. “Hey! I made…”
As his brain registered just who was standing on his doorstep, Sterling’s face paled. “…C-cookies.”

He swallowed hard. “…Why…What are you doing here?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:39 pm
Ilya was natural pale but all of the blood drained from his face as he stared at Sterling. For a few seconds he couldn't wrap his mind around anything; he had flashbacks to college, to dating, to...

Disappearing.

"Sterling," he said into the silence, like saying his name would be an answer.

Why was he here? He...

His thoughts were muddled and he felt like a drowning rat scrambling for purchase.

He looked down at the cookies, then back up at Sterling almost helplessly.

"...I moved in next door," he answered, apology in his voice. "I didn't know you lived here. I didn't mean to bother you."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 pm
Moved in next door. Of course he did. Of course he moved in next door. Why wouldn’t he have? For a moment, Sterling couldn’t speak. Or move. Or think. For another moment, he contemplated bashing Ilya over the head with the cookie plate and slamming the door in his face, but that wouldn’t do.

And then he contemplated…cursing and.

Well. He couldn’t find any logical reason why not to in this situation. There weren’t many times he was driven to using curse words and he could count the number of times he had on his hands.

“…Is this a ******** joke, Ilya? Did you stalk me? Did…are you playing some kind of a game? Out of the whole city…you move…you move here? After the stunt you pulled? After just…just vanishing?” His voice had begun to grow higher, panic settling in and anger causing his vision to white out for a moment. His chest felt far too tight suddenly, and the room seemed to spin.

The plate of cookies trembled in his hands.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm
Ilya's eyes flashed, like he was taken aback by the suggestion that he do would do something so cruel, so illegal. Sterling's curse jarred him; he hadn't seen the man in years but he knew what that language meant. How far he'd gone.

His face was almost impassive, sans the slight knitting of his brows. It wasn't that he didn't care.

He just hadn't been expecting this talk, and when in doubt, internalize.

"Sterling," he said, this time more gentle. "You know I wouldn't do that."

Because, he must have. Ilya was straight-laced and law abiding, and followed the rules more than most. To stalk Sterling, after all this time...

"I didn't mean to upset you. I didn't plan this." But there was more than just that to unpack and he couldn't just leave it lingering, unanswered "...I wanted to talk to you. I tried. You blocked my number. I wasn't going to keep trying to contact you if you didn't want to be contacted." There was no anger, only honesty. He meant it when he said, "I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. Not then, and not now."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm
Sterling couldn’t breathe. His chest was absolutely aching and with as much grace as he could muster, he let out a laugh that was breathy and just on the edge of hysteria. He stumbled his way back into the house and put the cookies on the table, not noticing when the plate cracked from the force that he used putting it down, and after a second, he managed to collapse on the couch. “All summer. You couldn’t…contact me all summer. I. I got it. I understood. I guess. You needed time to cool off…”

He was talking, to himself, voice rising in pitch.

“But you…you didn’t…you didn’t want to see me again. I came back. And there was a…a stranger in our room. A freshman who I had never met in my life…and I…I thought it was a mistake! I went to the housing center and they said it wasn’t a mistake…I…”

Sterling shook his head, inhaling sharply. “…Of course I blocked you!”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm
Ilya's jaw was set and his lips pursed, in the way that he did when he was trying to shut down his emotions on the outside so he could process them on the inside. But, there were cracks in the mask. His eyes were too expressive, under just barely furrowed brows.

He nearly flinched at the sound of a cracking plate; he didn't move from the doorstep. He watched him as he sank onto the couch and, for a long moment, he didn't say anything. It's not like Sterling was wrong. He stayed, almost statuesque, on the doorstep.

"I don't blame you. I don't disagree with what you did. I don't know what I would have done in your shoes. But I'm sorry. You didn't deserve it."

He drew in a slow breath to keep his mind even. "I wasn't upset with you, though. I didn't need time to cool off. I didn't want to never see you again. I just..."

Where was the speech he had prepared all of those years ago? Where was the rehearsed explanation, the carefully prepared answers? His mind was blank, but he managed, "I just got caught up in things. And I'm sorry. I wish I could go back and do it differently."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 pm
“Then why did you leave? Why didn’t you call me, or text me, or acknowledge my existence for the entire summer? Why was there a stranger in our room? How could you think…how could you just abandon me?” He couldn’t move, and still couldn’t get a full breath of air in his lungs. “I…don’t understand.”

He gave a shaking sob and closed his eyes.

“You should have just broken up with me. Not vanished. I could have handled a breakup. We could have stayed friends. I would have been fine with friends…how could you just…how do you have the nerve to show up here? To show up here like this? To just…say hey! I moved in next door! How could you not have known I lived here?”

Sterling swallowed and stood up, hands balling into fists. “My pie will burn. If the pie burns, you’ll be sorry…”

It shouldn’t burn…there should still be time, but he took a few wobbling steps and then sank to the floor, arms wrapping around himself. “…How could you just…I was over this…”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:28 pm
A million responses popped into his head, but none of them felt right. None of them were enough.

He shouldn't go into the house. He shouldn't go in. He was not invited in. He was not wanted here.

He shouldn't go in.

But the pie would burn, and then he'd be sorry.

He faltered on the doorstep, like some vampire who couldn't cross the threshold, and then he caved. He walked in, with large steps, like the fewer times his feet hit the floor, the less rage he could incur.

"It's a long answer, Sterling. I didn't break up with you. I got distracted. I'm sorry. If you want the full story, I'll give it to you. If you want me to leave, I will. I'll skip neighborhood potlucks and social events, I won't bother you. You'll hardly even see me. I'll look for somewhere else to move. Do you want me to help you to the stove or do you want me to get your pie?" he asked, reaching out a hand for him.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:03 pm
“The pie isn’t done yet! You can’t just take it out now or it won’t be cooked. It won’t be cooked and then it won’t taste right, and you’ll be sorry about that too!” Sterling was gasping now, his vision completely obscured by tears. “You can’t just take it out now. It’ll be ruined…”

There was a metaphor in there somewhere but honestly, he couldn’t be bothered to dissect his words. Couldn’t be bothered to even try to focus his thoughts. “You…really…really live next door?”

He couldn’t ask him to move. Couldn’t disrupt his life…it…wouldn’t be fair. But…none of this was fair. “…I…please…just…just go home…”

He managed to get out. “…I can’t…handle…handle this…” Maybe later they could talk. Maybe later he would have the wits about him to choke out more than a few phrases that made no sense…but…right now…he felt too numb. Far too numb.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 pm
Ilya faltered, mind slowed as he thought of a burning pie and an undercooked pie, and how few seconds must be between the two of states for Sterling to be so worried. His brows were knit further now and his hand dropped and he recoiled, balled at his side like even he thought it was some undesirable thing.

He didn't want to see him cry, didn't mean to make him cry.

"I'm sorry," he said again, stepping back. "...I'll stay out of your hair until I find somewhere else."

It felt wrong to leave, to see him on the floor and not be able to offer any comfort. But, he had been told to leave, and that was that. He turned swiftly and retreated, taking long, hurried steps back to the front door.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:03 pm
“Don’t…” Sterling gasped, trying to remember how to fully control his tongue. “...Don’t have to move...just go away right now…” That would at least help. Would at least get some distance between them until Sterling could handle seeing Ilya. that wouldn’t be for a while, he figured but...he couldn’t…

It would be so rude if he was just...if he was the cause of the male losing his new home...that...wouldn’t be right.

“...Talk later…” He whispered, sounding more than half broken. Making a supreme effort, Sterling walked into the kitchen, swallowing hard and drawing out his phone, flicking through his contacts with trembling fingers. He sent a quick text message to Priam, though had thought very hard about sending one to Yu but...the idea of bothering him at work was something he couldn’t...he didn't want to make Yu’s life any more difficult.

Swallowing, he sent the text to his friend. ‘Please come over. I need you.’

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out