[PRP] Most Unfair (Nashwa/Aerden+Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:06 am
You're ever so boring sometimes, do you know that? Ilaorunth remarked to Hers with a deep, put-upon sigh, and sagged down against the warm sands of the beach in a pout.

Why yes, you do make it a point to remind me on a regular basis, Nashwa replied, fond but unsympathetic. But you had your bath this morning, and there's no reason for us to go back to the lake already.

But of course there is! The beach is all well and good, but the views at the lake are much better. I don't see how you can be content just looking at the waves when we could be by the lake, watching everyone else who's getting a bath today! All those oiled hides and rippling muscles, the rugged scars...and there's plenty of all that for you to see on the riders, too!

Nashwa rolled her eyes and leaned back. She'd already acquiesced to not doing anything for at least part of their rest day, and that was quite enough of a concession as far as she was concerned. Ilaorunth, we've been over this a thousand times. I'm not supposed to be enjoying rippling muscles until you're older.

But that's not any fun! the gold lamented, as frustrated as ever that Hers refused to even ogle just a little bit. She found it incredibly vexing that the young woman had wasted so much time working and studying before she'd come along, instead of enjoying the finer things in life...especially boys! Ilaorunth was determined to get her to make up for lost time, but alas, there were rules in the way of such delights as enjoying boys for now, and Nashwa was an absolute stickler for rules. It had been explained to Ilaorunth, time and again, that it was for her own good, but she just didn't want to fully believe it. Where could be the harm in a bit of admiration, a touch of flirtation?

If you want to be preoccuppied with boys when time allows, that's your business, but I don't have that luxury right now, so you can stop harping on about it already. They'd been having this same debate in various flavors almost since day one, and Nashwa refused to budge from her stance. Oh, she was fully aware of the bounty of attractive men in the Weyr, including among her classmates, but any such observations were carefully compartmentalized, though her dragon did her level best to pry them out into the open.

Heaving another great sigh, the young Queen rolled onto her side, letting the waves lap at her. What a dreadfully boring day! Well, she'd just have to entice some company to come to her instead. I hope your rest day is going better than mine is, Tianxiath. Or is Yours being boring, too? she reached out, knowing that her favorite blue brother had something of a project on his claws as well. Mine won't even take me to the lake where there might actually be something interesting to see.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:05 am
Meanwhile, Aerden was having a very similar conversation with his own bonded elsewhere....

I'm just saying. Tianxiath was sprawled out, his front legs crossed over one another as the very picture of someone who was Reasonable and Right. You've traveled all over, haven't you? Who's going to mind if we find a way out of the Weyr for the afternoon? Think of the things we could bring back... Silks, exotic perfumes, spices! If he wasn't already the envy of everyone's eye (he was, assuredly), he certainly would be once he got his claws on all the treasures he was imagining.

Everyone will mind. Aerden responded mildly, a touch amused. Weyrlings aren't allowed to leave the Weyr. Period.

Aerden, baby. I know you love the rules. I respect that. But you don't know how to loosen up at all, and that's why I'm here. Have I ever wanted anything but the best for you? One afternoon. You, me, and anything we want.

The former mercenary could only shake his head, patiently weathering his dragon's attempts to chip away at him. After graduation, we can go anywhere you'd like on our rest days.

Rest days! The dragon flopped dramatically onto his side. Handsome, you're going to turn me dull and grey with all this responsibility! Before he could continue wheedling at his rider, Tianxiath received a welcome distraction from his sister. Oh, Ilaorunth, I don't even know where to start. Mine refuses to even slide one teeny tiny toe out of line. Did I Impress an aging old uncle, or a strong, capable man? He paused, seeing if those words had any impact.

Aerden didn't even twitch.

With a gusting sigh, Tianxiath returned his attention back to his golden sister. Well, if His didn't want to pay attention... I say we just go to the lake ourselves. What's the harm in enjoying the sights?

No. Came the polite refusal from his rider, and the blue could have rolled his eyes with despair.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:36 am
Ilaorunth was simultaneously disappointed for her brother and relieved that they were having similar struggles. At the very least, they could commiserate about the significant works-in-progress they had to deal with! Oh, I know your pain all too well, brother! I don't understand why they insist on denying themselves the very best of life. Yours is surely among the strongest, the most handsome, and your influence has been only to his benefit. And Mine!
I'm sure there isn't a man in this Weyr who wouldn't willingly be at her beck and call, and yet she won't even
look. What harm could it possibly be?

Another sigh. Even as Tianxiath suggested they go rogue and head to the lake anyway, Nashwa was giving her A Look. Alas, I do not think she trusts us. As if we would be anything other than perfectly well-behaved! Sigh, sigh. Why must we suffer just because they would rather be sticks-in-the-mud?

Well, if they must be bores, perhaps they can be bores together for awhile? I am dying for good company.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:10 pm
We could have found her a dress of the finest velvet today. Tianxiath grumbled, still hung up on the fact that all the treasures of the world were slipping right through his claws. He could have had robes of sheer silks! Still, it was nice to know that his sister recognized that'd he'd selected the best of the best, when it came to the men. It made him a little more gracious in praising her own selection. Clearly our little roses need some more light until they figure out how to properly bloom. And bloom they will. Tianxiath wouldn't accept anything less. Aerden was going to enjoy himself, even if he had to apparently move mountains to do it!

This is our lot in life, sister. Tianxiath sighed as he got himself to his feet. Doomed to all work and no play. It's a good thing we're the best and brightest pair in the Weyr, or else this might just be impossible.

He extended the invitation to join Ilaorunth and Nashwa, and Aerden agreed after a moment of consideration. That brightened his spirts some, and his response was a little smug. Apparently there's no excuse to keep me from visiting you, darling, so we'll be there shortly.

Aerden lifted his arm in greeting as they came down to the beach, and Tianxiath lengthened his swagger so he could brush himself against his sister with a croon. "Sorry if he's been riling her up." He apologized, knowing his blue could be... persuasive.

Riling her up? Tianxiath repeated. More like soothing her distress, poor thing.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:32 pm
And in such finery, what a sight the pair of them would have been!
The velvet might be a touch warm for for the season, but oh, how delicious it would look. And something sheer for Yours, hmm? I daresay even Mine might have trouble playing so cool then.
Another sigh, this time for what could have been if only Theirs might have embraced a bit of temptation. Well, they won't be able to hide behind rules forever, at least, though I suppose even then we'll have work to do. And if anyone can accomplish it, I'm sure we can - I refuse to believe we're doomed to tedium!

And at least, in the meantime, they had each other for company. In preparation for Tianxiath's arrival, Ilaorunth settled herself into a more dignified position in order to receive her brother properly. She thrummed happily when he appeared, stretching to rub against him like a feline. Oh yes, she was terribly distressed, and delighted he was here to save her from the trials of boredom! I'm so glad you're here! Mine's idea of a rest day is simply tragic.

Nashwa returned the wave with a smile; Aerden was always a welcome sight, so she could hardly object to the company her bonded had summoned. "Not at all," she assured him, waving off the dragons and their...dramatic tendencies. "She's been going on all morning about the proper uses for our free time, and I'm afraid there's not much overlap in our opinions."

Tsunake

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff