Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:49 pm
Aerden had never loved someone more than his lovely blue dragon... but it was quickly coming apparent that Tianxiath wasn't inclined to work very hard. They were supposed to be practicing ground drills, but...

Really, sweetie, I don't see the point. I'm sure they're important, but I can watch them just fine. Why should he have to get up and... walk around as if he was in formation?

The former mercenary shook his head, trying to keep his lips from twitching up into a smile. "Because watching people do drills isn't the same as doing them yourself. You know that and I know it." Tianxiath just wanted to lounge and have a good time, rather than work.

There isn't any rush. We're still young! The blue coaxed, but Aerden only folded his arms. Sensing his rider wasn't about to budge, he glanced to one of his green sisters for assistance. Don't you agree, Riojath? Wouldn't you rather soak up this lovely sun with me~?

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm
Tsunake
Testing her color. Let me know if that's too bright.

User Image

Ironically, not far away from the blue pair a similar conversation was taking place.

Riojath was lounging in a patch of sunshine and gazing up fondly at her rider. It's simply too nice a day to be wasting it with boring practice drills my love. The weather is perfect, the sun is perfect. How can you not enjoy this day? B'den was staring down at her green with pursed lips. The problem was she could exactly see the green's argument, but she also knew the rules.

"Maybe it is the perfect day for lounging in the sun dear, but do you really want to be doing these when its storming instead of sunny?" All B'den wanted to do was lay under her dragon's wing and take a nap with her, and Riojath knew it. Which didn't help her argument in the least. Walking in a storm would keep us warmer.

Her eyes whirled a green almost as bright as the spots on her wings when a blue spoke to her. I would be absolutely delighted to Tianxiath! B'den chewed her lip as she looked over to the rider of a nearby blue. "What do we do?" The pair looked like they weren't going to budge.

magnadearel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:19 pm
Aerden shook his head quietly, but didn't seem frustrated or upset. He now understood better than ever how much personality a dragon could have--and how that personality could differ wildly from his own. B'den's question earned an apologetic sort of smile, and the former mercenary lifted his shoulders up in a shrug. "We're going to have to find a way to get them motivated, I think." Which would probably be harder than it sounded.

Tianxiath looked smug indeed at the cheerful acceptance, lifting a wing so Riojath could settle near his side. I thought you might. I wouldn't pass up a chance to cuddle up with me, either. His own eyes whirled a deep blue, for how could he not be happy with how things were turning out?

"If you don't practice, you're going to fall behind the rest." Aerden pointed out patiently, and that was enough to give the blue pause. "You and I might even be stuck in remedial lessons--everyone else will have graduated and be able to do what they want during their free time."

Us? Behind? Baby, you know that's impossible. But Tianxiath was certainly starting to pay more attention.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:16 pm
Tsunake
Sorry for the wait!

Riojath obligingly got up and tucked herself under the blue's wing. A soak in the sun with friends. It really couldn't get any better for her than this. I'm glad there's enough of you to go around for both of us! The green replied chipperly.

Unfortunately Aerden didn't have any ideas at the moment to help them. B'den considered the conundrum. How did one motivate two unmovable, sociable dragons? She winkled her nose as her green went to cuddle with the blue. Listening to Aerden though an idea startle to tickle in the back of her mind. This would be an all or nothing gamble.

She nodded to emphasize Aerden's point. "Exactly." B'den looked toward Riojath. "Think, if you don't complete these lessons, how will you be able to help the younger kids with theirs? They certainly wouldn't come to a dragon who hasn't even finished the lesson themselves. No, they'll go to another who has."

B'den knew she had Riojath's attention at least when the green sat up intently. Now to reel her in, and hopefully the blue too. "Why don't we do the lesson together? I'm sure it will be much more entertaining that way." She glanced apologetically at Aerden, hoping he didn't mind she'd just volunteered them to join.

But I want them to come to me, Riojath said softly to Tianxiath. The young green sat for a moment, weighing her options. Finally she sighed and heaved herself to her feet. Would you be kind enough to join me in these lessons Tianxiath?

magnadearel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:09 pm
What a perfectly charming creature his sister was. Tianxiath tucked his wing more comfortably around her, even as both riders continued to chip away at their seemingly infallible defenses. The blue made a protesting huff as Riojath sat up, but even he seemed to be wavering.

Aerden only nodded agreeably along with B'den's suggestion, not at all minding. If it got both dragonets up and moving, he was willing to try cartwheels and dancing!

Of course they'll come to you, love. Tianxiath said distractedly, mulling things over. Riojath's rider had a good point. No one would come to them for advice or assistance--and that meant there was a chance, slim as it was, that people wouldn't take his opinions seriously. That simply wouldn't do. With a sigh that mirrored his sister's, he reluctantly got to his feet as well. Only for you, dear sister. Don't say I never did anything for you.

Aerden hid a smile, but it was impossible to hide his feelings of amusement from his dragon. "It will go much faster with all of us." He tried to reassure the blue. "You two will look very clever if you're ahead of the class, you know."

Well, that suited Tianxiath just fine! We are the prettiest pair here. He confided to Riojath, strutting across the sand as he always did. Now, remind me where we start, handsome?

With a snort, Aerden began to go over the basic ground drills, more than happy to include B'den and Riojath as they began to walk and turn at the appropriate places.

magnadearel
So sorry for the delay on my end!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:47 pm
Tsunake
Not a problem! ^_^

There was a tense wait. B'den said nothing more, letting the dragonettes come to their own conclusions. But she felt like she'd run several miles before first one then the other slowly got to their feet. She let out a slow breath that she may or may not have been holding. It was better to let them decide to do it rather than her ordering Riojath to do it.

Riojath gave him an apologetic look at his huff. She completely understood though. If her rider hadn't made such a convincing argument! The green nuzzled the blue in the shoulder as a thank you. She was glad to have the blue going over wing drills with her. They could be so confusing!

I do hope so! Riojath could just see the little hatchlings coming to her now! B'den pulled her back before she could get lost in thought. I'll owe you a favor brother dear. She regarded the blue with adoration.

Of course! We wouldn't exclude you! She said to the two riders. This was for them all wasn't it? B'den laughed as she went to join her green, "thanks." We must surely be. Though you are the most handsome and cleverest blue here. B'den stood at Riojath's wing as followed Aerden's directions through the drill. Once or twice stumbling in the sand when she and green tried to turn into each other.

magnadearel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff