Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Back to Normal (Turoth x Khamaith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:20 pm
User Image

It was a full day after the hatching when Ar'ad convinced Turoth he'd be all right if the large bronze went to stretch his legs and wings. The past few months had been exciting and draining all at once even though he'd been doing little more than tending to eggs and keeping the little temporary family in order. Khamaith had been a bit nervous as any new mother would be and he'd done his best to reassure her through the entire process that she was doing wonderfully. Baihath had been a huge help and his worries of being too excitable or too energetic had been easy to soothe as well. While the eggs were delicate and the lives inside just as fragile, there would soon be plenty of spunky, energetic dragons like him to play with.

Things had gone without a hitch during the whole process - he didn't care to think about his little faux pas, even though Ar'ad seemed to be only thinking about it - and all of their children had hatched healthy and found Theirs with little effort. All in all, Turoth would write it down as a smashing success. Khamaith had her first clutch under her metaphorical belt, the weyr had new dragons to add to the ranks, and now everything could get back to normal.

Normal. Turoth heaved a sigh, his large lungs filling and releasing enough air to disturb the sands he found himself on. He'd walked to the beach, it seemed, where the air was salty and the water was as welcoming as the sky. It seemed like ages since he'd last pushed himself to his limits, and that had been when he'd caught Khamaith during her flight. He hadn't seen a strand of Thread while their children had been growing and while he was thankful for the break, his muscles ached to work again, his born-in desire to protect Pern starting to itch once more. He had a job to do once more and, now that this rather specific job had come to an end, he was ready to serve the weyr in the skies.

But first...a well earned break. He was mentally exhausted and although he longed to fly and fly hard, he also wanted to relax. Some might argue Turoth had been laying about in warm sands for months now, wasn't that relaxing? But only those who had children of their own would know how false a statement that was. He turned his gaze to the gently rolling waves as he laid down, stretching out and finding it just a bit odd, just a bit off that there wasn't a large, warm body to press up against, nor a small one to curl around or let perch atop him.

Ah, well. Back to normal, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:57 pm
A full day later, even after the hatching, the gentlest of touches on some of her children’s minds, Khamaith couldn’t quite believe it was just.. over.
It wasn’t that she didn’t believe the hatching had come and gone, she had seen her beloved babies find theirs, and well on their way into the first full day of the rest of their lives. However, the routine of the past few months suddenly gone was a double-edged sword. She had been delighted to be able to return to her duties in the queen’s wing (at least, until the news had been discovered that it would be a few more months of staying on the ground. Ironic.) However, it wasn’t sadness that ran through her at not having her babies’ shells to tend to -- contrary, she was ecstatic to watch them run around, to gossip and chatter and play. It warmed her hearts like nothing else, save the few times she had seen other hatchings thus far.

But it would be the quiet moments of her tending her babies when Turoth and Baihath were gone to duties, of taking soft naps curled around such beautiful eggs, of lazy moments laying in the surf before she’d clutched. No, now came the best part of watching them grow, and before she could even blink, they would be grown and flying. Ilaorunth would be fighting beside her in the queen’s wing. No, she was excited to watch the process; for no matter how big they grew or where they ended up… Her children were still her children.

However the previous night, returning to her wallow and happily greeting Cucuranath had been a touch different from her brief respite in the hatching caverns. Ever a cuddly dragon, the blue was dear to her -- but perhaps she missed curling around her hard work, flopping playfully in front of the clutch when there was too many peeking gazes, tending sweetly.

With Ezyzu resting, Khamaith stretched in her empty wallow, standing to move and wade into the shallows, letting the waves lap at her ankles. Yet the sight of a familiar bronze further down the coast caught her eye, and she takes a few steps before faltering. Turoth had been so kind and sweet to her, and a solid weight in the gaps between instinct and teachings through everything.

Turoth? Khamaith called gently, after a few moments of observation. Would some company be amiss? The coast is always a wonderful sight with a friend. Friend seemed such a pale shade to the sweet bronze, easily her confidant and best friend. But she lingered, the coast trying to bury her paws in the sand with each wash of waves.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:42 pm
Turoth was content to watch the horizon as he let his mind wander, thinking back to this go-round as a father. It had been different with Baihath in the mix but, as he'd said before, it was so much easier with three dragons there to help. Many claws made light work and the three had moved together seamlessly.

A flash of sun off a shining hide caught his attention out of the corner of his eye just before the familiar call entered his mind. Turning his head, Turoth spotted Khamaith not far down the beach, the waves lapping gently at her legs. He gave a little bugle of greeting and turned himself to head in her direction, more than happy to have company.

Never, Khamaith. Not when it's such good company, he said in return, fondness in his voice. How are you doing? I know it must be strange to go from being so focused on one thing to settling back into your normal routine. Well. As normal as it could be now that she was a mother. Once he reached her he leaned his head in to give her cheek a fond nuzzle, more than delighted to share the beach with her.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:29 pm
Though she had briefly fretted that her company may not be wanted -- perhaps now that their children were hatched and impressed, their friendship would come to an end. An unfounded worry, especially once she heard his call. Trilling softly in return, her eyes swirling a brighter shade as she made quick work of crossing the distance between them as well.

The water’s edge makes for a good place to gather thoughts. It was one of various reasons she adored the coast, to bury her paws in the surf and sand, the smell of salt and sun on the breeze. But enjoying it with a friend? It was much more preferable. Nuzzling across the bridge of his muzzle, Khamaith sighed gently at his question. It’s hard to believe it’s come and gone. There’s such warmth to her tone, an unending spring of pure love for her children. Yet she chuckles, gazing out at the sky over the water. But hearing their conversations, watching them play during free time… All was worth it.

My wallow wasn’t quite the same as the hatching sands, unfortunately. For such a short stay, it was quite.. comfortable. Cuddles and naps with both Baihath and Turoth had been quite dear to her. I look forward to being able to rejoin the skies when we’ll be able to. It’ll be a few months more, I fear. Not that Ezyzu had minded, with such a precious bundle on the way once more.

Turning, she butted her head up beneath the large bronze’s chin, crooning as she took a step forward to continue down the path of the shore. Walk with me? The stretch would be good for her legs and her back, and besides, she wanted to clear her thoughts on a few things.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:46 pm
Oh, it’s only just beginning, Turoth said with a chuckle. Of course the hard work was over but Khamaith’s journey as a mother was just getting under way. She’d know the joy of watching her children grow, the pain of losing them to Thread, and the pride of knowing every one of them would fight to save Pern. Queens couldn’t flame but their children filled the skies and without them, Pern would be lost.

He tilted his large head as Khamaith spoke, wondering if something was wrong. She looked to be in good health and spirits and as far as he knew there was no reason she couldn’t take to the skies once more. Is something wrong? Surely you can rejoin the Queen’s wing sooner than that. There hasn’t been any complications during the hatching, prior to it nor after. Perhaps there was something amiss with her rider?

Turoth fell into step beside the queen, matching her slower stride with ease. Of course he’d take the invitation, enjoying the chance to have some time with his now very dear friend while neither of them were worried about eggs.

Certainly. And I have to agree with your earlier confession. It will take some time to get used to my ledge once more. The hatching sands are always so warm. Not to mention the company that was always around.

“Prism Shine”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:58 am
No doubt. Before I know it, they’ll all be flying, going between, fighting thread.. She trailed off wistfully, not willing the unspoken words into existence. Pain and death were not strangers to Khamaith; for she had come so close to it herself with her network of threadscars down her back. Two of her siblings had perished, and one far too young at that. No doubt she would lose more siblings, and in time lose children. A heavy price to defend Pern, but they were all here, and such heavy thoughts were to be banished barely a full day after their hatching.

The golden dragon couldn’t help but chuckle softly, shaking her head. I’m perfectly fine. It seems my flight was fortuitous for more than myself. Alas, it will be a few more months before Mine has her own. There’s a small bloom of love and excitement in her, for Ezyzu had been thrilled by the news. But Khamaith had seen her rider’s mother, had seen the tiny twins so close and yet it had still bewildered her slightly how humans needed so much tending before they were mobile and self-sufficient. But this was why dragons attended to hatchling affairs, and humans their own hatchlings.Soon enough. She only learned of it the morning of the hatching, so it’ll be a few months yet. Something like five or six months now? She could only imagine spending almost half a turn on the sands.

But her slow strides, the water splashing at her ankles as they walked, her tail dragging in the sand as she walked. There’s plenty of coast should you miss the hatching sands too much. It’s likely more comfortable than the ledges. Her wallow was always welcome to visitors, and circled some in guests. But Turoth was always welcome to come visit.

Sighing softly, she glanced briefly at her best friend and trilled. I have to thank you. It had weighed on her mind, though she dare not bring it up when there had been other tending to do. Her first priority had been their babies, after all. Especially for your support with… everything that had happened during the hatching. Those not of the Weyr were beyond her, but riders who should know better of how baby dragons were simply unpredictable… Especially to say such with defense of her inexperience. But it was of the past now, and she a mother. Nothing could take that from her. Throughout the whole experience, you were.. a solid presence. I had training, and instinct; but having such a dear friend to be with me, with us put so many of my worries at ease. Her decision may have been torn towards the end, but there was no doubt in her mind she hadn’t made an excellent choice.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:02 pm
A low hum vibrated in Turoth’s chest, knowing the pride and worry that went along with being a parent. Quite a few of his own children had perished and, while he missed them dearly, he knew they’d gone the way any dragon would wish to go: with Theirs defending their home.

The hum changed to a delighted trill as Khamaith clarified what she meant, happiness and warmth exuding from the bronze to envelop the gold in a congratulatory mental hug.

What wonderful news! You’ll have to give Ezyzu my well wishes if I don’t see her myself first. That’s very exciting. Human hatchlings were just as celebrated as their dragon counterparts and they were just as important as the dragons themselves. Without humans, dragons wouldn’t exist, nor would they be able to protect Pern. The news soothed any worries Turoth had and put a little extra swing to his tail and bob in his step as they continued on.

That’s quite kind of you, Khamaith. I’m sure I’ll take you up on that offer. And should you ever wish a dry space to rest during the rain my ledge is always available. Or if you ever wish to come chat. He enjoyed the little weyr he and Ar’ad had. There was space enough for two large dragons, so visitors of Turoth’s size were comfortably fit.

Turoth fell silent, though his constant waves of support never ceased as Khamaith spoke. He knew she’d been nervous for the whole ordeal - she’d told him such - and he was glad to hear he’d brought her comfort during the months they’d been seeing to the eggs. Being a new parent was nerve wracking no matter the species and that he could bring her peace was all he could have hoped for.

I’m glad I could be the dragon you needed. You are a very capable queen, Khamaith, and I have no doubts you would have seen the clutch through just as well as you did. But I am still honored you chose me and am very pleased I could make your job even a bit easier or more relaxing. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing a dear friend and a shining queen in her element among her children. A wave of understanding accompanied his words, knowing she was referring to the incident right at the start of the hatching. He would take full responsibility for whatever the Weyrleaders decided was right for speaking to the bowl at large. He didn’t regret what he’d done and would do it again if he had to if only to soothe Khamaith’s stress.

Any time, clutching or not, I will do what I can to keep you content. As a sire and a friend. Should you need something I’ll do my best to see it through for you.

“Prism Shine”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:10 am
Turoth’s own delight only added to hers, and she practically beamed in her rider’s stead. I shall, I know she’ll be excited. Nothing was hampering Ezyzu’s excitement, and certainly not one who would share in her joy. For she couldn’t wait to see Hers’ small one. The mental hug is happily reciprocated, warm and sweet as Khamaith hopped a step.

She chirps at the offer, a bloom of excitement in her eyes as she gently brushed her wing against her friend. I’ll happily take you up on that sometime, thank you, Turoth. How sweet. Sand got hotter, but rock stayed hotter longer -- and how could she deny such wonderful company? And I will admit, for my love of the beach… Wet sand is not the funnest to lay on. The queen laughed, soft and sweet; truthfully, very little discomfort was more than just a small bother that would be resolved in time. She was too easy going for much to get under her hide. But however could I deny my best friend a chat, should he wish it?

Basking in his waves of support, Khamaith could only return the quiet calm in kind. The gentle, cool calm that the gold ever radiated was still just as strong, quietly listening as he had done. Turoth had only supported her where she wavered, and she was glad it was him to help bring such wonderful new dragons to Western. She hummed softly, pleased for his sweet praise.

Baihath and I could have managed, yes. And from the words she’d heard that dark and stormy night, perhaps it would have been just the two of them on the hatching sands. But having you there as well… It only was ever beneficial. My children have two wonderful fathers, and it’s all I could ask for that they were healthy and happy. Though there’s brief concern for whatever might befall on Turoth and His for the outspoken words, the fact that he had spoken up had been a relief during that emotional time. No matter what humans had thought of her, all had been well and her children impressed. No death. That was all that mattered.

The same goes both ways, dear -- if there’s anything I can ever do for my best friend, I would be completely happy to do so. She leans over, nuzzling up under Turoth’s chin and thrumming. But the sentiment means so much to me.. Thank you.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:38 pm
A tittering trumpet accompanied Turoth's low chuckle, fully agreeing with Khamaith on wet sand being not very nice to lay on. The warm, dry sand of the wallows was certainly much better, though it did get a bit chilly at night if there wasn't a dragon within them to keep them warm.

Khamaith's kind words had the bronze lower his head in bashful acceptance of the praise. He knew his experience had been a draw for Khamaith and he was glad he could deliver, guiding her through the more stressful times and being there to reassure her and Baihath alike that things were all right. He'd done his job and was proud of what the three of them had accomplished.

It's a joy and privilege to share the title with Baihath. I know there are some who would only have their mate on the sands, and that you and Baihath both welcomed me was a unique experience I'll treasure for all time. He wasn't sure he'd be lucky enough to catch a queen again - though he would certainly try - but he knew this one had been special in a way he might never go through again.

Her returned offer and her friendly nuzzle had the large bronze humming right back, tilting his head down to meet Khamaith's muzzle with the underside of his. This was nice. Turoth had always been a social dragon, one that didn't make waves and let other more boisterous dragons speak over him. To have a queen so calm and laid back as Khamaith as a friend was exactly what he needed, someone who would meet him on that same chill level.

I'll be sure to take you up on that offer should the need arise. Of course, I'm assuming regular chats are included in that, he teased. Surely the next few months Khamaith would be itching to have something to do now that she was free of the sands but temporarily banned from the fight.

Prism Shine

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff