Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:34 pm
Brenley

Brenley stood taller, making himself presentable for the remaining hatchlings. This was certainly a more sedate bunch than the ones who had already impressed and any unease he had felt in their presence was no longer an issue. Might as well give them something to look at.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 pm
Etansi and white Quinineth

Though she had a very strong desire to carry her dainty little white lifemate everywhere with her, tucked into her arms and safe, Etansi had to cave to Quinineth's desire to stretch his legs just a bit. Even though he was tired, he wanted to make an elegant entrance to the rest of his bonded family members at least. It might have brought a little roll to the teenager's eyes but she understood that first impressions were everything. Even first Impressions.

So despite herself she placed him on the sands just outside the exit and watched with amusement as Quinineth fussed with his beautiful little wings, tucking them just ever so perfectly against his small back despite their size. Once he'd seen to it he gazed up at her with bright blue eyes and without a word between them, for somehow she already knew what he was thinking and feeling without needing to talk to him about it, they walked together to the tables. Just the moment they arrived the little white began to duck his head in little bows, tipping his wings, acknowledging each sibling therel, even if it was just with a quick "how do you do?"

To his largest and most gold sister Ilaorunth, he bowed deeper and tipped his big wings even further. He knew full well who the life of the party was and despite his hunger and weariness there was no cause to ignore the heirarchy of things. Decorum and all that, yes Etansi dear, there was a decorum one must follow. Hello sister, you and your court have had quite the bash so far, it appears. I must admit I'm sorry to be late, please forgive my poor preformance in entrance. Quinineth spoke all this as he smoothly tucked his wings once more and glanced over at the retreating form of His.

Wanted to say hello to a friend who impressed. She entreated, despite her chopped way of speaking the little white gave a flick of his wings, almost a little tip of the non-existant hat, to his sister and her group of metallic and chromatic hides, the barest bit of wistfullness filling his hearts for the chance to mingle in a party. But he could never deny his dearest girl the opportunity to mingle herself, even if it was just one friend. He would see to it that she got there with time. Must dash! Always moving this one. Ta ta!

Etansi had already all but scampered over to Sivu, tapping the older man's shoulder with a million watt grin on her face. "Congratulations on blue boy." She hadn't wanted to ruin his moment when he first impressed or she'd have said it then, but at least she could say it this time, as a member of the same weyrling wing no less. She swung onto the bench at the table and pulled Quinineth up onto her lap, his little white form so small he barely took up much space. "Want you to meet someone very important too!" Good day to you both! That was quite the marvelous Impression you made and how wonderful he knows Etansi as well.

She couldn't find a way to keep herself from grinning now that she got the chance to show off her own dragon, even as she began to cut meat and place the little pieces on the table before him. As in everything, the little white was a careful eater, picking each piece up delicately so as not to stain either of their pure white.

Meepfur
Hello and ta ta lovely queen and lovely party. XD Sorry.

Spockat
Plz notice friend!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:17 pm
Halvor

Just like that almost all the dragonets that had been moving about were impressed. He felt happy for the new pairings, there was something special about two souls recognizing each other, but would he have that? It was hard to imagine.

Halvor looked at Sabile as she spoke about inner strength. "I don't know. I haven't seen too much of that." He admitted with a soft shrug. Bitra was, for lack of better words, bitter and life was brutish and short. You either became physically strong or you ended up in a very unsavory place. Not that he hadn't meant those with cunning minds that had worked their way to the top, but they still needed those with brute strength to get there. He'd lived that.

While he was happy and more importantly grateful to be out of there, it was difficult to see those who didn't look strong to actually be so. Seeing all the candidates he knew it had to be true. It'd take time for him to recognize it though. "Where did you come from?" He asked, straight to the point.

Halvor noticed the purple and teal green was still parading around, the egg was now moving ever so slightly and the orange galaxy brown was still missing. The spotted green was there though. He'd seen many candidates try talking to the dragonets. Maybe he could give it a try too?

What did one say to a dragonet? "Hello." He said gruffly, with a clear air of confusion to the little green. He was so out of his depth here.

”Dea and #Teddy#”

”Mr Cheri”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:56 pm

The little Spotted Green padded up to Halvor, giving his hand a little sniff. .. No, not quite right. Something or someone else was calling to her. She nuzzled his hand with a shaking bravery, but moved on, seeking out whatever it was that was calling to her.

Her sister, the Purple and Teal Swirl green seemed inclined to simply strut back and forth in front of the Candidates. Maybe that was affording her a better view that Spotted Green green had, but neither seemed inclined to adopt the other's tactics. At long last, however, the Golden Flourish egg hatched, spilling out a green who appeared not at all ready for such a rude introduction to the world.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:02 pm
Kadosse

There were so many greens, which Kadosse knew was normal, but it didn't stop her from being completely enchanted every time. Gold Flourish had finally broken to give away to another and just as she had been with the rest, Kadosse pressed her hands to her cheeks with a soft sigh of delight.

She needed more eyes so she could watch all of them at the same time! Or to pick one, but picking which green to watch would have been a hard task indeed when they were all so beautiful!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:03 pm
Rykin

Another green! She looked a bit startled... or was it confused? Angry? Rykin tried to shield his emotions from her as she got used to the world outside of her egg, all the while paying what he felt was the proper amount of attention to her sisters. Was he actually splitting his thoughts? Probably not. Hopefully the effort still counted.

Smerdle

Scamp

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:05 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Shaking off her own insecurities, Aelyx focused on the five hatchlings now on the sands. Spotted Green got some love, her eyes softening as she took in all the babies. They were important. Every single one of them deserved all the love that she could give them, and support as they found theirs. Lifting her injured leg off the ground and simply stood on the sands, watching with hope and heartbreak at once.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:05 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

Just like that, the last egg hatched, producing another green. The poor dear looked like she'd probably have preferred a less-unsteady entrance, but Rian hoped she'd be able to shake it off soon. In the meantime, Rian watched as the shyer of the other two greens sniffed another candidate over --- a sweet motion from a timid baby who she nonetheless remembered trying to stand up to stronger tempers earlier. (Certainly, it had gone... well, rather sour for the poor candidate underneath the pile at the time, but that little green had tried her best all the same!)

And then there was the other green, who was quite lovely and clearly knew it even as she searched back and forth for hers. Rian couldn't help but coo over each and every one of them. After all, they were each completely perfect in their own ways, and she wanted all of them to find Theirs without any more trouble or stress for them or the other candidates. She also wondered if the butterfly bronze was ever going to come out of his hiding place, or for that matter the brown who was so good at disappearing and going unseen. He was still around here somewhere, right? They needed to find Theirs, too, whenever they were ready to do so...  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 pm
Eliaza

Eliaza had mever seen an assisted hatching, so the little white in the great big egg had been more than a little concerning. Still, that had ended well. They all seemed to be ending well, no matter how shaky the start, and wasn't that something? Still, her breath caught a little when the last little green plopped out of her shell. "Oh no," she whispered. "You can do it, little one. You can get up and you'll be fine."

----

Ollandin

Olladin leaned a little against his brother. "You haven't seen that shell twitch, have you?" The one the other bronze had hidden himself under what seemed both not long at all and so long ago.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:15 pm
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

The last egg finally started to show signs of movement as the last green hatched bounced her way among the candidates. Omurn watched the two greens paruse their options among the candidates, while Orange Galaxy brown had pulled another vanishing act. Spotted Green seemed a bit shy and he tried to keep his thoughts warm and encouraging. She would find hers soon enough.

The last to hatch, the poor green made less than an impressive entrance. Omurn sympathized. He knew how it felt to be out of step too. She'd get herself righted up in no time and find hers.

Bionden and Green Riojath she/her - Western

One of the new bronzeriders gave his new name. "That's a good name Zh'gan," Bionden smiled warmly. She fed her green who looked up at her with adoration and curiosity. Will you also be changing your name Biondenmine? I've been thinking about it. How about B'den? The green considered while she chewed. Maybe I should run it by my family?

You could do that too, but I like it. Riojath replied decisively with a flip of her wings. This meat is absolutely delicious! Don't you all agree? She commented to those around her.

Samuel Carlin

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:52 pm
Sablie (Western, She/Her)

Sablie noticed the beautiful green that came out of purple and teal swirl, she had exited her egg so gracefully. She was sure her parents wished she had had such grace, considering she should have been. Along with the manners of a minor lord holder's child, which they tried to instill in her. Sablie figured the green would go to someone dignified, who acted like a put together and graceful person. She allowed herself to greet her, even though she felt sure of the type of person the green would want.

"It is wonderful ta meet ya, Guarath. And I agree, ya a beautiful green and I know Lyfrocier will treat ya like a queen. And don't worry, go get her fed. I will see ya at the feast,"she spoke to her friend and his new dragon as they addressed her. She knew he did indeed hope well for her and she appreciated it a lot. She watched as he headed off the the feeding tables, before turning back to the sands. She noticed golden flourish shaking a bit and green spotted green looking through the other candidates. She sent a gentle wave of encouragement, letting the little green know she could do it. If she could stand up to her sister, though scared, she could definitely find her rider.

"I came from one of the minor holds under Western Hold's control. My dad is a minor lord holder, I am the eldest. Since I was a bit of a mess, my parents sent me to healer hall, grew to love the mind,"she replied to Halvor. She looked to Lelte, wondering if she would answer as well. She noticed spotted green come up to him, but it seemed he was not for her. Oh, she so hoped the little green would find her person, she deserved it. And it seemed golden flourish released another green, who seemed to not have the best entrance. She sent encouragement to her too, hoping she knew she would be okay. After all, nothing like picking yourself up and trying again, she should know. She did notice that the sneaky brown was no where to be seen again and the bronze was still under his shell.

Zaikt
She is sooo happy for you

~Kiana_Nala~
Halvor

dawns_aura
Lelte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:28 am
Niviora - She/Her - Western

Khamaith hadn’t fussed over the bronze within his cracked shell, so Niviora doubted there was much to worry about -- he would simply emerge when he was ready. Though there is a small seed of worry, only visible by the slightest crease in her brow; had he been hurt? Exhausted? Though she knew he was a bronze, and thus wouldn’t consider her, it’s the mildest fester of worry.

“Oh, I can think of what’s before me and the nice delight that comes from a feast. Welcoming, happy thoughts, correct?” Touchings, Hatchings, and Feasts with her friend was a delight. Seeing baby dragons at feasts was a delight; Impressed and cared for and something to behold. Does she have to explain this? Hm, no. “You dance well. Don’t even --”

The words died out of Niviora’s throat, for she hadn’t taken her gaze from the last unhatched shell -- had watched it twitch and eventually empty it’s contents. A green, looking less than pleased about her entry to the world. The candidate takes a few deeper, slower breaths to calm herself, focusing on welcoming thoughts. The chances that she would remember their conversation was both a possibility and none at all. Niviora was but a blip on the sands, forcing her thoughts to the more pleasing side.

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

There’s a bit of a bolder smile, perhaps feeling just a bit selfishly happy that someone needed her. “If you’re certain.” The last thing Dystzha had ever wanted to possibly do was block Surel from a baby’s gaze, not when Etansi and Sivu had both found Theirs. Now the question remained… Which of them was the charm?

She reached up, covering Surel’s hand with her own and squeezing softly. There was but… five, maybe? babies out on the sands, now that the last egg, Golden Flourish, had hatched. The little bronze beneath his shell, the hiding brown, and three lovely little greens of varying personality. Adorable siblings to herald in the end of the hatching. “That poor last green looks like she wasn’t quite expecting that.” Perhaps her planned entrance hadn’t gone accordingly like her bronze brother. A shame, but certainly all the time to make it up, certainly.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:44 am
Haveli

Eventually hunger would win out over grandstanding and personal thoughts, so Haveli didn't seem to worried about the dragonets moving at their own pace. Besides, everything was happening at a rather decent clip, it hadn't even been a full candlemark if that meant anything - hatchings were generally a fun and fast affair, minus the long wait she'd heard had happened for the clutch this Golden dam had come from. That one had sunburns, or so several of the riders had told her.

Still, it was nice to see the greens on the sands - her chance remained with them, after all. Browns and bronzes tended towards the boys, and even if it was a green.....at least here in Western she would have a chance to reach that goal. Or she'd just get shipped back to High Reaches where she'd do the same day to day routine as always until the next hatching. Either way it wasn't bad, she was going to get there.

No more sulking, no more self-pity. Just eyes on a prize.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 am
A’mor and Brown Kahveth

A’mor was so wrapped up in his new dragon, the emotions and the feel of another in his head that he missed a few things that other people said. Kahveth was delighted in the food and definite excited about having his with him. So it took a moment for the pair to respond to anyone. He did indicate to his that he wanted to try the piece indicated by Manahahtath.

Manahahtath may be correct that it is all good, but I think mine is better. He told Ilaorunth. A’mor finally realized he should introduce himself and his new name. “I am A’mor now.” He said proudly. There had been no doubt how he would shorten his name. Just like his dad’s. Oh Triesteth! It is a perfect match, just as yours is. He seems to kind and wonderful!
A’mor was still busy focusing on Kahveth, but he spared a moment to laugh at Fahn’s statement. “Does it taste good?” Kahveth meanwhile was considering Tianxiath’s words. Mine doesn’t need nay pointers. He is perfect. But I suppose that yours can be perfect too. To Alenciath he asked, Can I race too? I will be so fast!

His siblings were impressing at a faster rate now and Kahveth was struggling to keep up with everyone coming over. He gave up on addressing each personally but still greeted them with Hello! Congratulations on claiming yours! Please do try the meat over here, it is the best.

Samuel Carlin

Uta

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Quote:
A general hello to everyone. Sorry, I am so behind that I can’t greet you all properly!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:22 am
Serrekhar

The last egg was finally beginning to move, and the one green still paraded about with confidence.... but Serrekhar only had eyes for the Spotted Green. He'd come across as too loud and brash, touching her shell initially.... and though he'd done his best, he'd felt the little dragon within begin to cry.

He still felt like a monster about that, even if he hadn't been the cause.

His heart clenched enviously as the green sniffed at one boy's hand before offering a gentle nuzzle as she continued to make her way. If she would just--no. He stopped his thoughts right there, thinking fervently that once she found her rider... maybe he could find her at the feast and apologize for his actions.

He couldn't even twitch when Josen nudged him. Faranth knew, he desperately wanted to look alive. But he also didn't... he didn't want to come off too strong, you know? "Tryin'." He finally managed, a little afraid of letting himself imagine any outcome where she didn't just walk by without knowing he existed.

demon_pachabel

--

Ollanmar

"No." He realized he hadn't--not at all since he'd gone and buried himself under there. "Is that... normal?" He twisted his head to frown at his twin, clearly confused. Judging by the general calmness, the little bronze had to still be just fine... but Ollanmar would have thought he'd have looked for His by now!

Samuel Carlin

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces