Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Etansi

She allowed herself a tiny sigh of relief when the bronze turned his attention to other things, she could breath again and focus on the rest of the babies. Like the brown that had suddenly seemed so concerned but immediately went to lay on a number of candidates afterwards. That drew a small grin that she wiped off her face as a glittering egg all but exploded.

"You're fun." She did grin at him, glancing over at Surel, Sivu and Dystzha. The three of them were fun loving, if shy in their own ways. Etansi wondered if she should step back and let them see the blue better. There was nothing to fear anyway. She took a step back and cast a glance at a shadow that was still managing to hide behind that blue. Curious things were coming.

Spockat

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:21 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

"Hatchings happeen, and I'm going to be alright. No big deal." She shook her head, smiling in amusement...though Veikel seemed a bit, "...Are you alright? If I need to, I can wait..." She didn't want to cause any trouble, "You can't even look at me." Moving her robes up to her knee, she waited, watching him work, calm. It was going to be okay. She was staying calm more for her own sake.

houllow

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:22 pm
En'cai of bronze Spurth

"Well, the odds are pretty good in this bunch that if it's not a Western candidate, it's a Reaches pick, right?" Another glance down at the Sands and another nod. "I could go with that." Not that he'd been asked. "Two for us, one for them. Of course," he pointed at the angry little bronze now preening for all to watch. "If it's two like him, we might get off lucky not having the third."

That went against the whole idea of keeping his mouth shut, didn't it? But it was spoken with no malice, with a lightness of tone and a note of pride in the general sense of his being.

Spurth, nonetheless, piped up with, You have never been good at holding your peace, Mine.

Abashed, Encai's mouth closed with a click. That's right. That's true. Erh, sorry. Right. How did he fix this?

The blue fixed it for him, just as he was about to point out the first, beautiful cheery green. She was outdone by another flashy entrance and En'cai laughed and clapped. That was safe and appropriate, wasn't it?

tatterpixie

----

Anneke of green Uluth

Another hoot came from the diminutive greenrider at the first flash of green on the Sands. "That's the way, little beauty! Go ans say hello!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Eliaza

It wasn't exactly an answer to the question she'd asked, but Eliaza understood that Alisaide was trying to help. And, if she was honest with herself, it did, a little. Just having someone stand beside her made her feel a little less exposed, a little less in danger, and that was very good.

She flashed the other candidate a pretty smile. More relaxed. More natural. "The longer I stand here, the more I think I'm catching on." And the more her feet were sweating, but that was just the way it was supposed to be, right? ttention drawn by the point, she nodded happily. "I saw her. She looks happy to see us, too, doesn't she?"

And then, of course, the bragadocious blue burst out of his shell, and Eliaza ouldn't possibly have looked anywhere else. She clapped her hands together, hiding a smile behind the side of her fingers. "Yes, hello! You come and see us too," she said, not really raising her voice, but her enthusiasm was clear.

Zaikt

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Odellet Western Weyr She/Her

Yes! She shifted slightly on her feet, any thoughts of being disappointed on the coloring gone as not a gold but a gorgeous and proud blue hatched from her favorite egg. It had been one of the only eggs she had touch and there he was! Absolutely perfect! She grinned. "Look at that handsome boy. Thought he would be gold but he is just so perfect."

tatterpixie
Trude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:44 pm
[ candidate lyfrocier ] - he/him - western

Oh. There was--a dragonet at his feet, and then...on him. Lyf stayed calm as the Yellow Swirl Brown got himself situated, his expression softening from its customary frown to something almost a smile in spite of the heat of the Sands on his back. Sure, there was a bit of concern buzzing in his chest, given how close the Brown's claws were to his vital organs, but panicking wasn't going to do him anything good.

"Hello, little one." he mumbled under his breath, glancing back and forth between Sablie and the dragon. This was actually happening, right? He had thought this might have ended....very differently. "Are you comfortable, there? I don't think I'm very bony, so. I would hope so."

Dea and #Teddy#
SABLIE BRUH ARE YOU SEEING THIS

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:51 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

Z'haq couldn't help but snort a laugh at En'cai's remark about the angry little bronze currently grooming his tail in a sulk. "He's a cute little fellow though. He's got a spirit to him that's going to make him a good fighting dragon someday." The flightleader wasn't knocking what the big bronzerider was saying; the grin on his face ensured that En'cai would know the boss wasn't mad at him.

Then another egg fairly exploded, revealing a show-stopping blue baby inside. Z'haq laughed along with En'cai. "Now here's a proud little guy who's making an entrance!"

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:55 pm
Rykin

He watched the Green Tribal bronze with respectable wariness, but when the little one began grooming himself, Rykin's gaze slid away to the parade of other hatchlings making their debuts. Mostly bronze, brown, and blue, but a green had joined her brothers as well, and... he couldn't quite tell what color the dragon was who had come out of that egg. He spared some attention for those who had been injured, but it didn't last for long. He trusted the healers to tend to the ones who needed them.

He hadn't been paying all that much attention to what had been going on between the people in the stands and the clutch's sire, but he gave those leaving even less attention than he had the injured. In this case, it wasn't because he considered them safe and in good hands, it was because he didn't want them here in the first place. Anyone who could walk out of a hatching probably didn't deserve to be there.

Brenley

"Yes... cute." It felt odd to call beings that would grow to frankly monumental proportions such things, but if it was hard to come to terms with their relative adorableness, at least Bren could admit that they were rather beautiful. The one that had retreated under his shell still worried him, but if there was something wrong with the bronze, surely his parents would know.

"I think she'll be fine. The healers here are very knowledgeable." He hadn't formally studied the art of poultices and numbweed, but he knew enough to realize that fully trained healers were a marvel. "Not that that makes me anxious to be injured." He laughed once to himself, though the huff of air only qualified as one because he was also smiling.

Instead of feigning enthusiasm for a dragon he hadn't properly met in the first place, and therefore couldn't miss, Brenley watched the wobbling Gold Striped and Orange Leopard Spot eggs. He could barely remember the bet he had made about who would hatch from what, but he did kind of hope he made it out of here with a firelizard egg.

"I'm always amazed by how they know each other already," he said softly and seemingly out of nowhere. "They've only ever heard each other speak and yet some are so close." Clearly he didn't fully grasp the concept of telepathy.

Sweet Symmetree

Smerdle

Scamp

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Trude

Trude's initial surprise turned to delight as the purple egg hatched a blue who was so happy for the world to experience him that he had to broadcast his pleasure to everyone. "Look at him!" she laughed and clapped her hands lightly. "He's just so pleased with himself!'

What personality all these hatchlings had! Even though the one girl got hurt, it wasn't on purpose, and the dragonet was still running around saying hello to everyone he encountered. The happy brown had fallen asleep on top of another boy, the two bronzes were pouting each in their own way... This was wonderful!

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:06 pm
Veikel

Veikel sighed and forced his eyes down at her words, masking the little hiccup in the back of his throat with a smile. Her wound wasn't as bad as his brain was making it out to be, and with all his time helping folks eaten by Thread he was getting better. He had to be getting better, and plus he'd gotten sleep and other things that would help him focus. "I can look at you just fine, sorry about that! Sometimes I tend to plan out what I'm going to do in my head and some folks find it to be a little unnerving if i I suddenly stare at them while lost in thought."

Slowly and carefully he began to treat the wound, which really again was pretty gnarly but not as awful as it could have been. A wingtip was not nearly as troublesome as a claw after all, and it wasn't as though the muscle had been completely shredded. Getting the blood under control was first, then came more pressure and wrapping and sewing and he could do it all. He really could. "I can't give you anything for the pain due to you needing to be clear headed in case of Impression, but I honestly can't give you full clearance at this moment to try and return to the sands just yet either." He finished cleaning what he could and pulled tight a bandage. Pressure would work. "I'll need to fully assess the level of your injury before I can say whether or not it'd be safe for you to return to the sands."

Honestly, this wasn't his field of study but he could treat. Maybe it would just be nice to have a second opinion? Where was Tris and his cute smock when he was needed?

MaraRune
Mr Cheri
trissss

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:22 pm

And that second opinion was well within Veikel's reach. "Did you want me to take a look, Veikel?" Tristram asked, standing at the other healer's elbow. Not that he doubted Veikel's abilities, of course... it was only that they each had their own specialties, and both knew very well what those were. "Is it... Aelyx?" Tristram inquired, peering at the wounded Candidate. She definitely appeared to be in relatively good shape from what he could see, but he wasn't convinced that her injury didn't need sewing. The wound had been cleaned and prepped. If Veikel wanted some assistance, certainly he could provide it.

houllow
MaraRune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 pm
This was the second time Halvor had stood amongst the other candidates awaiting the hatchlings to make their appearance. He couldn't say whether he was more prepared or not. Already browns, bronzes and blues had made their appearance on the sand, some more happy about it than others. He couldn't blame the bronze who came out of it's shell due to the blue smashing into it's own egg. This was admittedly, a fresh hell. The sand was unbearably hot and while the dragonets needed it, his toes sure didn't appreciate it. Poor little pinkie toes.

Halvor scanned his eyes over the candidates and the hatched eggs with curiosity. Who would they impress? His attention turned to the two eggs that had started to shake and wiggle--possibly to free themselves. His last hatching experience had shown that while some eggs might wiggle, they wouldn't leave it until they were ready. Maybe even just move around in attempt to join the excitement without. . . actually joining. There was a small part of him that was fascinated with dragonets right before they emerged from their eggs. He couldn't guess their rhyme or reason. They simply appeared when they were good and ready.

Unsure what to do, Halvor crossed his arms and continued to scan the sands. There was no way he was talking to any of the other candidates.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:52 pm
Dextelia-High Reaches-She/Her

It wasn't long before there was almost too much action to really pay attention to everything that was going on. There were multiple dragonets on the sands, a blue dragon had harmed a candidate, though it was clear it hadn't been intended or malicious. The woman in question was already being taken care of and Dextelia's attention was back on the dragonets as they continued to move around.

For a moment the whispers from the stands as some of the people began to leave had the young girl glancing over her shoulder, her eyes moving the sands to see her cousin seated still, watching her. It gave her courage and when she saw the blue suddenly lay upon another candidate as if it wanted cuddles she wondered if he had found His. How she found herself wishing for the chance of that kind of connection and feeling.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

She watched Veikel work with quiet calm, her head tipping as she studied the work, "Whatever needs to happen needs to happen. Forgive me for being direct, I'm just...blunt." It was in Aelyx's nature to call things as she'd seen them, "It's bad, but I've had worse. I used to be Glasscraft before Candidacy." Shrugging, she was keeping calm and assured. Steady mind, steady hands. Tristam's wprds were met with a small smile, "Yes. Aelyx. A pleasure to meet you. T....tristam? I can't really remember. I know the healers during hatchings usually at this point." That got a soft laugh, her head shaking, "I don't know if it needs stitching or not, but one way or another, you lot do what you need to. I can handle it without the pain medicine. The numbweed is doing plenty."

Sure, it still hurt, but she could deal with it.

Mr Cheri

houllow

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 pm
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

He warily watched the angry bronze trumpet several times and then give a snap to the blue who had helped him hatch before turning to the candidates. Omurn had seen what was up last time. He was ready to move should the occasion call for it. He liked his trees. They didn't move, nor did they try to bite, though some had thorns which could hurt if you weren't careful.

With one eye on Green Tribal, the other was checking out some eggs as they began to show movement. While they rocked and cracks formed nothing emerged yet. Omurn watched as one poor candidate was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thankfully those around her appeared to be helping.

Something had upset the dapper Yellow Swirl brown, but he had no idea what as he observed the dragonet's eyes going from red to blue then red. Calm down little friend. Take it easy and all will be well. You can find yours. Omurn arched a brow as the brown calmed then laid down on several of the candidates. Was one his rider then?

An egg exploded and Omurn checked which one. Another blue this time from the large Purple Glitter. Interesting. That was the second one to send its egg goop flying.

Candidate Bionden she/her - Western

"They all are," she answered his question. Bion couldn't blame the boy for being caught in the bronze-thrall. While they were pretty magnificent, they weren't for the likes of her. She'd have better luck with the blue, or maybe the brown like their father; any of them would be perfect for her little brother though.

"Quite alright," Bion reassured Raiden. She smiled as he gave her a piece of his own robe to wipe her face. The candidate master might not appreciate it later, but she did. "It's just a little egg goop. Nothing hurt, I promise." The bronze however was proving himself to be feisty. "Don't get in his way." She warned, worried her little brother might get himself hurt and not impress his dragon.

She winced as one unlucky candidate took the brunt of a fall for Teal Glow blue. A healer would need to see to her it looked like. A couple more eggs were showing their cracks but had yet to reveal their contents. It wouldn't be long now. She laughed softly as Teal Glow Blue poked his head into Pink Stripe's egg for it was without a cap. A beautiful green made a delightful entrance.

Bion was happy she was well out of range for Purple Glitter's egg goop. Once was more than enough. "Aw, isn't he a confident one!" She spoke to her companions. Gold Striped Egg seemed so close!

faesinger

Sweet Symmetry

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games