Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:53 pm
User Image

It had been a long day of training, one that was grueling enough to exhaust Broleith ten times over. He was a sprinter, dangerous over short distances, and no matter how much Trissa urged him to save some stamina for later in the drills he was always running on empty halfway through. It was just so hard to hold back! Broleith liked to give it his all all the time, which unfortunately petered off long before drills were done for the day. Today had been particularly tough on the stocky blue and he'd groaned as Trissa washed and oiled him, his wing joints aching.

"That means you're getting stronger," Trissa encouraged as she worked the oil into a slightly dry patch of his hide. "Next time you'll be able to withstand a bit more."

Aye, it's all worth it in the end. No pain, no gain. Embolden by his own words, Broleith stretched out his wings as far as they could go, the tartan sails trembling just a bit with the effort. He bit back an audible groan but one echoed in Trissa's head, making the small woman laugh softly, hiding the smile on her face with her hand.

"Why don't you go stretch a bit before you get some dinner? Seems like you need it." The advice was sound and his rider's tone was kind as always, so Broleith didn't take offense to her words. Had anyone else said it he'd have puffed up and surely needled them about the wording, but his sweet, dear Trissa would never tease him like that. He lowered his head to press his broad forehead against Trissa's much smaller one, humming his approval as a delicate hand lifted to stroke his cheek.

"I'll call for you when I'm through with dinner myself. Don't start anything," Trissa added, her tone just slightly accusatory which made Broleith lift his head in mock hurt.

Me? Start something? TrissaMine, you wound me. His rider left with a little smile and wave and he watched her go until she was out of sight, inside a building to find her meal. Broleith wasn't that hungry truth be told, but he was aching all over. A bit of a walk to get his muscles loosened up and cooled down was definitely in order, so he set off for the beach. He'd have enough space there to stretch out and really work his wing joints which were aching something fierce. He hadn't been this sore since his last growth spurt!

It didn't take long to reach the sandy shore, his talons digging into the soft ground with each step. Broleith stretched first one wing, then the other, rolling his shoulder joints as he walked, little spikes of pain from overuse and strain making him grimace. Ugh...maybe there was something to be said for not expending all your energy in the first half of training...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 pm
User Image

Yes it's fine! See, silly? Wait, I can't see.....Yes, it's fine! Meihuath had all but talked herself in a circle as Ko'zenn fussed over her eye (or rather, lack thereof) all over again. Yes, he was practically off to the healers about it again - as though they could have done more than they'd already done when they'd checked in on it that morning. That Meihuath seemed to forget where her first thought ended and where the next one had begun hadn't exactly brought the young man much comfort no matter how much she insisted it wasn't bothering her.

"It's not okay, Meihuath, let me look at it again," Ko'zenn's not-so-steady calm was threatening a downward spiral that his green was all but immune to as she stared at him. She all but radiated a calm that was enabled by her simplicity. How about you look after dinner, Ko'zenn? The healers have to eat too, right? it wasn't purposely a guilt trip, but it was absolutely a guilt trip to Ko'zenn. She was right in that he'd be rude to keep them from it just to check over her eye again.

And they'd not eat any quicker than he would. His gut feelings would be blown away into the vacancy of the Meihuath's lack of concern about it all, which at least took the edge off of his guilt - though not so much his worry.

"You have a deal, missy - You better still be here when I come back out, alright?" he said, not really a threat (he could never), but authoritative enough that Meihuath translated it to 'You stay right here and don't move from this spot!'. Which she could do! Okie dokie, Ko'zenn. I'll wait right here!....Maybe right here....You'll see me, right?

Of course he would. Unlike her, he had two eyes. But patiently she'd sit, taking this new free time (was it really free if she was staying put for Hers?) to peer about - not really at anything in particular at first. It was more that she was adjusting, with less panic than her rider, to the change in her vision. It didn't feel different, but it was. She didn't quite understand. But the beach often had nice things to look upon....

Oh!

That she'd absolutely broadcast her appreciation of the handsome blue who had begun his walk out onto the beach was very...Meihuath of her and she seemed completely unashamed if she was perhaps given a look for it. Not every evening had a handsome boy to admire, after all.

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:03 am
Broleith wasn't on the beach for long before a wave of intense approval washed over him, making him swivel his head in surprise. He had an admirer and he was determined to find just who it was! No one was in the water, so he turned back towards the shore where a few dragons were either in their wallows near their rider's huts or walking about closer to the Weyr itself. Hmm...

Finally a speckled green caught his eye, her gaze trained on him. He arched his neck to lift his head, ignoring the strain in his muscles, and lifted his wings to show off just a bit. He had a stocky build but his long, elegant wings were his pride and joy. Showing off his best assets was never something he shied away from and while Trissa often cooed over his starry extremities, Broleith would always flash his patterned undersails at a watchful eye. It took him only a few moments of flexing to put a name to the bright face and once he recognized her he shifted his path to meander in her direction.

Lovely sky tonight, he said to Meihuath. While not intimately familiar with every dragon in the Weyr - that would be impossible - Broleith knew the dragons around his age by name if not by personality. Meihuath had a fairly unique pattern and he would be hard-pressed to forget a pretty face, even one marred by fresh scars as hers was. In his mind that only added to the overall experience, proving she had seen battle and had survived.

Enjoying the view?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:23 am
As Broleith started his not-so-subtle show for her, Meihuath let out a croon of approval, twisting her head slightly to get a better look at it his lovely wingsails as he displayed them for her. Not that her vision had been effected so that she couldn't still appreciate him fully without doing so, but Meihuath, bless her hearts, didn't realize that.

Is it? she asked, less coy and more completely unaware as she peered up at the sky following Broleith's prompting. After a moment of consideration she looked back down to him, It's pretty, but far away, she mused with the sort of tone that had a human been speaking they'd have had their lower lip pouted out with a finger pressed to it in deep thought.

I am! It is much nicer than far-away skies and clouds! which didn't come closer for being admired, which was also a negative point in her book. Are you going to look at the sky more? Can I keep looking at you while you do so?

silverlutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:29 pm
Broleith's stride was cocky and slow, letting his admirer take in as much as she wanted. Attention was always welcome and if Meihuath liked what she saw, Broleith wasn't going to deny her that. His feet eventually stopped a few paces from the speckled green and he held his head high, neck arched and chest puffed out just a bit. Yes, he was a spectacle, wasn't he?

Oh, wait, no, don't look at the sky, it was just small talk- but Meihuath was distracted for the time being from him. Broleith let a bit of air escape his chest, cursing himself for getting in his own way. Her comment had him strutting side to side again, pacing slowly in front of her to parade himself back and forth.

I'm done looking at the sky, but you're welcome to keep looking at me. Oh, but she was sweet. Innocent. Only positive words floated around in his mind as Broleith beat his wings, careful not to kick up the sand into her one good eye.

And I'm quite close. Much closer than that silly ol' sky. His tone was far from teasing or taunting as he found her earlier comment quite charming. The sky was very far away, she wasn't wrong there. Lucky day for you, sweet Meihuath, I'm close enough to touch should you wish.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:42 pm
While she'd super-duper-ultra promised Ko'zenn she'd stay right there, Meihuath couldn't help but rise to her feet, half prancing as she circled around Broleith with an admiring trill. It was the closest she could get to a whistle, after all, and she simply had no problem being so overt in her appreciations. As Meihuath circled, she made sure to rub herself up under those beautiful wings of his.

It is a little silly, isn't it? she hummed, But for it being silly, I get to have a better look at you, hmm? Meihuath seemed all too pleased by this, taking a moment to 'tut' up at the sky again for good measure. Why yes, she did know how the sky worked, but it felt appropriate to let it know it was missing out on some proper attention because someone more handsome had gotten between her and it.

Briefly, she paused, twisting her neck to keep her single eye on him. Am I lucky, Broleith? Do you think that perhaps I used up all of my luck so we could both be here and so you could be such a sight for sore eyes..... she paused, Sore eye. Though it isn't very sore. The other one is, but nothing is a sight for it. Meihuath seemed to laugh at her own joke. It is an awfully nice trade, if so.

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:55 pm
Apparently she did wish to touch! Oh boy! Broleith had never had his attempts at flirting so well-received before and for a moment he froze out of surprise. Thankfully his cool, easy confidence came back quickly and he leaned his weight against her as she rubbed along his side under his wings which he ensured brushed over her back. Who was he to deny her a bit of fawning in return?

Bro only had a moment to snort in amusement as Meihuath scolded the sky before she was fixing him with her one-eyed gaze again, questioning his statement. He paused for a moment as he weighed his options, thinking about what he wanted to say versus what he probably should say. He was quite good at sticking his foot in his mouth and he really didn't want to chase off the smaller dragon by saying something rude. Come on, think of what Trissa would say!

I think you haven't used it all up at all, he said, flaring his wings just a bit to give her a show as he reassured her. You had two eyes, after all. And you're doing quite well with one. It was lucky you lost it rather than your head, which you do need and only have one of. I think you're a very lucky lady indeed. And scars from fighting Thread are quite attractive from my point of view. The last sentence was laced with affection and approval of his own, giving her a bit of what she'd given him in return.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:09 pm
If there was a wrong answer, it obviously wasn't that.

See! That is what I have been telling my dear Ko'zenn! If only he could get it so quickly! she sighed wistfully, already imagining the young man crying into his dinner. Just to be safe, she sent a wave of affection his way - maybe then he'd eat instead of be eaten by his feelings. So silly!

Still, that little wave of approval didn't go unnoticed, Meihuath content to spread her own wings a little - though they were far less fanciful than Broleith's were. I would rather like to still have my eye, but I do seem to have everything else quite in tact, as she spoke, Meihuath did a turn in place so Broleith could take stock - yep, all legs and toes and a tail and definitely both of those wings. I do like a good rugged scar, though I am not sure if I wear it well - I can't exactly see it. Do you like things besides scars? she asked, taking a moment before answering her own question, I like your wings - they match your ridges! And I like your face!

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm
Most things that came in pairs meant one was expendable, according to Broleith. With the exception of wings, you could get by with just one of something if you had to. An eye was a rather important loss but as long as the other was still functioning one could learn to live with it. She might need to re-learn how to aim her flame, but other than that Broleith was confident she'd continue to succeed both in the air and on land.

Riders worry so much, he agreed, thinking fondly of his Trissa who would surely be proud he wasn't 'starting anything'. That meant getting into little scuffles with other (usually much larger) dragons. Flirting with a pretty lady surely wasn't on her list of bad things Broleith could do while she was having supper.

Broleith observed Meihuath as she turned, taking in her entire appearance happily. It did seem the only major loss she'd had thus far was her eye with only a few other threadscores here and there, something fairly common among fighting dragons. Broleith had only just begun to fight Thread and he hardly had any scars to show for his efforts, though he knew not to be too impatient. They would come with time.

You wear it wonderfully even if it still does look a bit painful, he cooed, the noise hinting at the eardrum-piercing noise of his louder trumpets and roars. Give it time and it will be as natural as your beautiful spots. Her question gave him pause for a moment and cheerful laughter filled her mind as she listed the things she liked about him. He raised his wings again and lifted his head, turning in a slow circle for her once more.

I quite like my wings as well, and Trissamine would agree with you about my face. She likes the little stars, he explained, lifting one foot to show that they were elsewhere as well. Trissa was also fond of his broad forehead and enjoyed pressing kisses there, but that wasn't something that Meihuath needed to know.

I like many things, but your spots are quite fetching. And I like your face as well, how bright and eye-catching it is. He liked other things as well, like the fact that she was smaller and of much slighter build than he, that everything about her was delicate and elegant, and her simple yet charming manner of thinking. Yes, he'd be quite happy to keep her under his tartan wings should she wish to stay there.

I bet you are spectacular in the air, Broleith added with a fond sigh.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:49 pm
As Broleith showed her the other stars, Meihuath turned her head to peer at them appreciatively. Ah! I could have looked at the sky right here! she mused It is much nicer up close, her thoughts were laced with amusement, not teasing but clearly hoping he'd appreciate the way it played with their talk about the sky not so long ago. Was she not so clever?

She couldn't help but preen a bit, stretching her wings up and taking a purposely long stride to better show the pale dappling of her hide for him. I do wear green very well, she agreed, though it wasn't as though she had any other choice from birth. It didn't seem to bother her, however.

Still, she rewarded his praise with a boop of her nose against his cheek before prancing away a few steps.

For as long as I can fly, I would hope so. I admittedly am not the strongest of fliers, Meihuath knew her limits, even if Ko'zenn did his best to stretch them so she'd not collapse after great efforts taken too soon. Some dragons were strong with stamina. She was, at best, fast and quick on the draw for a short time. But once they say I can again, we will have to fly together! Then you can tell me what you think!

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:45 am
Meihuath's marvelous connection between his earlier pick up line and his own sparkly hide sent Broleith mentally reeling - how had he not thought to use that angle?! He supposed it was all right since she'd picked up on it and she was clearly pleased with herself, so he didn't hide his delight with her little revalation.

Would you look at that? Your own personal sky. He'd happily play the part if that's what she'd like, trotting about before her to show off. Broleith wasn't modest by any means but he wasn't particularly vain either, not one to wish for the spotlight but not upset if he was in it. Being the star for the private viewings of one speckled green dragon surely wouldn't be amiss.

Broleith was gracious in sharing the moment, turning his appreciative gaze to the green as she showed off for him as well. Who was he to ignore a pretty lady, especially when she was so receptive to him? And oh- a little touch of her muzzle to his cheek had him absolutely strutting, broad chest puffed up with delight as he pranced after her, making sure to stay on her sighted side.

Strength is for the metallics, my dear, Broleith said with a little brush of his tail along hers, keeping step with her while they ambled through the sands. Flying is much more exhilarating when it is fast and precise! Once you are well enough we can race around the Weyr and I'll tell you precisely what I'm sure is true. That you are as wonderful a flyer as you are beautiful. His tone was overblown but earnest and he returned her earlier boop with one of his own, his nose bumping against her cheek.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:36 am
Meihuath bumped her side against his as they walked, humming delightedly. A personal sky! All for me? Hmmmm! I do like the sound of that! Her puddle-like depth of thought wouldn't even consider that it was perhaps just a flirtatious twist to be charming, rather than sincere.

I thought being shiny was for metallics, Meihuath mused, that pouty 'hmmm' tone back in her voice as though she was thinking really hard about it. Well I can do fast and precise!...Well, maybe more the fast...hmmmmm..I dunno! Maybe if I asked myKo'zenn he would know, she trailed off for a moment, perhaps actually making motion to actually ask what her rider thought of it all. But I think I'll wait and let you decide! she decided, crooning as he bumped his snout against her cheek, her single eye whirling purple.

She returned the brush of her tail against his, again leaning her weight into his side. Does that mean if I was prettier I'd be an even better flier?

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:50 am
Shiny, strong, and big. They can keep it all. Size didn't matter to Broleith who would happily take on a massive bronze if he had to. He was quite content with his lot in life as a blue, not bothered by color nor station in the Weyr. He did his job, he had his Trissa, and now it seemed maybe he'd have a green to share his ledge with should she like that idea.

Yes, yes, I will decide. Never fear, Meihuath. Riders are well-meaning but often are caught up in silly things like conserving energy and staying in formation. While he could see the merit to these things, Broleith was of the firm mindset that he could quickly dart about and get more work done than by flying in formation and waiting for the Thread to come to him. No no, he could chase it down and fly right on back! While the drive to sear Thread from the sky was strong in him as it was in all dragons, Broleith enjoyed flying more when there were no rules to follow and he could do as he pleased.

Her question drew a rather high pitched, nasally snort from the stocky blue.

Prettier? My dear, I'm not sure it's possible! Your beauty surpasses that of every dragon I've seen with my own eyes, and those already gone, and those yet to be shelled. And by that mark you are also the most fantastic flyer to have ever graced the skies. She could be an awful flyer but Broleith would consider her among the best simply because he'd already said so. If there was one thing Broleith was, it was stubborn. Once he'd made up his mind nothing could change it, even the truth. Her gentle nudges and bumps were met with his own in return and he extended one tartan wing over her, tugging her close as they walked. He wasn't sure where they were going, but that didn't matter much.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:11 pm
Oh, Ko'zenn was very much about conserving her energy - what little she seemed to have of it. A walk along the beach would be little issue, but when it came to play? She'd be out in less than an hour if allowed her own way. That certainly sounds like myKo'zenn. He is always worried about everything, which included her, but oh she wanted him to breathe for a few minutes without it. The poor boy.

Maybe she'd had 'sucker' written on her face - perhaps over her missing eye where she'd never be able to read it anyways - but whatever the closest to a dreamy sigh a dragon could make, that was the sound Meihuath did, leaning her head against the side of Broleith's neck. Really? sure, she was used to flowery words - she was a well-risen green, after all, and she'd been wooed many a time (and a sucker, every time), but not so much with all four feet on the ground.

Meihuath was very cozy under his wing, content to keep walking along however far down the beach they would end up.

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:21 pm
Broleith couldn't help the little chuckle as Meihuath spoke - it seemed their riders were on the same page then. Trissa didn't worry much, but she did try to get him to conserve his energy constantly during training and while fighting Thread. He was more apt to listen during the actual fight, but even then he found himself struggling the last hour or so to stay in the sky.

Really! On my rider's life, he promised, turning his head a bit to boop the tip of her snout with his own, mindful of her scarred side. While others might say anything to win her hearts during a flight, Broleith had no motive to woo her other than genuine interest. Yes, she'd been the one to draw his attention, but he'd not felt such an adoring gaze...well. Ever. He was still quite young, of course, but Broleith knew that just as there had only been one rider for him, so too would there be one dragon.

It's fitting that a beautiful green such as you and a handsome blue such as me should meet on the beach like this. Surely it's fate.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff