Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 pm
That touching had been… wild.
Even days after the entire -- fiasco? Was that an appropriate word? She had felt a touch unsettled on her feet, had woken up that first night to nightmares plaguing her mind. Of her family of riders turning away. Zhaydegan riding a stunning dragon, though she couldn’t remember what exact color they had been -- Bronze? Brown? Green? No matter -- now a rider, her cousins all aspiring to greatness, and Dystzha had been watching from… the kitchens. Depressing. Had woken up to scrubbing more tears away than she would ever care to admit. Yet she had flopped over, eventually given up on sleep, and had waited until the sun had come up once more.

The warmth and love that orange leopard spot egg had sheltered her with still remained a safeguard to her, warm and happy in a way Dys had clung to, looked forward to seeing the sweet dragon that would emerge from the egg. Purple Galaxy’s swagger and charm, as well. Such sweet eggs that she couldn’t wait to see move about the sands, to watch them impress.

One thing that had been bothering her since the touching had been another candidate that had been at that last egg, before A’ral called them all back. Tears streaked down her pretty face. Dystzha had been worried for Etansi, ever since then -- but between lessons and her free time spent dabbling her or there -- she hadn’t much time to track down the fellow candidate.

Not today, though!
Muffin in hand, bright eyes glancing around the lower caverns at all the people eating and chatting during the meal -- and finally plunked down in a chair next to the candidate in mind. “Hey! Crazy couple days, huh? Those eggs sure are pretty -- though I ain’t surprised, Khamaith sure is pretty. I wonder if they might hatch soon. Want a muffin?” Dystzha held out said baked good, eyebrows raised curiously. Smooth.

Hattaki
I'm so sorry for my chattery child

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:33 am
Emotions since the touching had been harder than they'd ever been before, so hard in fact that there were days, much like the current one, where Etansi simply shut her brain off. In fact she wasn't entirely certain what she'd grabbed for a meal but the teen was shoveling it into her mouth heedlessly despite that. Trying very hard not to feel anything at all in that moment despite the soft little nudges that came from her three boys every once in a while.

It was certainly lucky for her that she had them, for if she hadn't then she would definitely have stayed in the hiding place she'd gone and found after that day had ended. If it hadn't been for the basics being hashed out for all the Western Candidates once more after that then she likely would have gone and hidden immediately, instead Etansi had simply returned to a state in which she'd lived many turns of her life.

As the three boys hadn't ever known her in that state, it had frightened all three fire lizards quite a bit, but Etan had been no less protective of her despite that. In fact it had become quite a bit worse since she'd cracked from the onslaught of emotion that she should have been trained enough to withstand. It was that thought that wiggled into the empty cavern of her mind, that she should have been trained enough to react better, to not lose her cool and that one thought had her throw her utensil down a bit more violently than Etansi had intended. Anger was written across her face as she blinked at the mush in front of her, not at all surprised.

Meals still meant little to her.

A hiss came moments before the other candidate spoke but Etan didn't do much more than mantle himself up and push his haunches tighter to Etansi's neck protectively. Certainly that was a blessing, for his wings were just wide enough on her slim shoulders to hide her angry face from the girl's sight, giving the teen enough time to rearrange it and look up with a more neutral look on her face, one eyebrow raised slightly. "Is the prettiest, Khamaith is." With that she could agree at least, but she'd stood for enough hatchings to know that the babies didn't take after their parents usually. "Will need more time in eggs to be strong."

Etansi was peering at the muffin in Dystzha's hand suspiciously, for it looked a bit better than what she was eating despite her general malaise when it came to food. But she remembered the other candidate vividly and wasn't sure the angle she was leaning at, offering her food and a conversation after their meeting.

Prism Shine
I'm sorry for my edgelord child. XD

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:06 am
The little firelizard that hissed at her did little to deter Dystzha from making herself comfortable, though she at least had the courtesy of inching back slightly to make the protective little beast perhaps feel a bit more in control. If she wanted to do this, getting bit by a fierce little protector wouldn’t do well in the long run. But making friends with people who had irelizards kept her always prepared to make friends through their tinier stomachs. “Hi little one! Here, I got food for you, too!” There’s a brief moment where she digs into her side bag, producing a small wrapped parcel -- and the small pieces of deepfish jerky that it safely protected. “Here, I think there’s enough for all three.” Dystzha scooted the soft hide wrapping, jerky safely atop, towards the flits. If it wasn’t a good offering, she could always take it back.

“No doubt -- and Turoth is bigger than Khamaith! Those are gonna be some big babies, I think.” Dystzha leaned forward, almost a touch conspiratorial, as she tore into the second muffin she’d brought with her. “I made these when I was on chore duty today -- I think they turned out okay!” Inspecting her halfeaten handiwork in her other hand, Dystzha wiggled the first muffin as if trying to make it more enticing. “You don’t gotta eat it if you don’t wanna, I promise. I’m just curious if you might like it. I went for a couple different berries, I wanted to make a muffin that tasted like a bubbly pie.” That she had begged to make a treat with the cooks that morning, to have some sort of snack to offer as an ice breaker to talk to the pretty girl she wanted to get to know had been between her and the poor woman who had finally given into Dystzha’s questions.

“And a big clutch for a first time mama! Shards, I don’t think I’ve heard an accurate count still.” And trying to count so many eggs while the touching had been going on had been impossible for her with so much going on. But the upcoming clutch was a good, safe topic. “I can’t wait to see what that little purple-y, starry egg is like.”

Hattaki
Shhshh I love ur edgelord child, and now she can have eternal rainbows as a friend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:58 pm
While Etansi was distracted and side eyeing the muffin being offered to her, the firelizards that she had didn't hesitate for a second at the offer of jerky, they hopped and popped over to it respectively. While Lolo and Necklace were interested and gobbling it down happily, Etan stayed staring up at Dystzha with orange and red swirling eyes, his dark blue tail wrapped tight around Etansi's neck. "Forgive him." She trailed a few fingers gently down her lizard's neck. "Only nice with me and no one else."

Guilt seemed to run through her as she glanced down at the muffin, the explanation of how it was acquired sinking in. Though she still didn't quite understand why it was rude to turn down a free offering of something, Etansi understood that it was some social norm she'd never been taught in. For when would she have been exactly? Slowly she reached out and took it, inspecting it while she listened to Dystzha talking. So the girl had made a bubbly pie muffin?

Well she did enjoy bubbly pies immensely since the first she'd ever had.

"Turoth is nice, Kha says so. Likes him and his experience." Though she hadn't had much time to talk to her golden mother since she'd taken to the sands, she'd gotten to whisper to her through the entrance where Khamaith's body blocked the view of the eggs from any prying eyes. "Twenty Six eggs." She let the faintest ghost of a smile cross over her face as she thought about the gold and the two fathers fawning over their twenty six little eggs like a big family, however the smile faded fast as always.

"Wonder what's in each one. Especially the last one." She shook her head a bit remembering the blanket of comfort and love that egg had wrapped her in despite her foolishly touching it when she was stressed. With her bad hand no less. A sigh blustered out of her. "Doesn't matter, all dragons are good."

It was people that everyone had to watch out for. That much Etansi knew deep down, but she took a bite of the muffin despite herself, not letting the joy show on her face at first as flavors hit her tongue that she enjoyed.

Prism Shine
I'm glad someone does. XD hahaha.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items