Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 pm
"Laundry day - make sure the laundry from the barracks have been collected and get them over to the wash. You'll have a bit of free time after, but you will need to go retrieve it before dinner so they can be put back." W'tarl didn't consider that too awful, but it was a chore that one didn't just finish and then forget.

The laundry had been left out before.

Dea and #Teddy#

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:55 pm
Laundry day... Oranie knew plenty about laundry. It was one of the many tasks a young woman was expected to perform adequately, like cooking and other household chores. She glanced briefly up at the tall young man, offering a quick, bright smile despite her nerves. Young girls simply didn't associate with men on a casual basis back home. "It's a pleasure to meet you." She offered, unable to shake even the slightest bit of the manners that had been ingrained in her.

"My name's Oranie. I don't mind doing most of the washing, if you'll help me collect it."

Dea and #Teddy#

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm
Itzlel listened to their instructions, he could handle laundry without any trouble. Since he was raised with a trading caravan, they all had been taught how to do laundry. His eyes fell on the shorter young woman who seemed to be smiling at him and uttered a greeting. He didn't really want to talk much, but he supposed he should be polite himself. After all, his parents would probably be disappointed if he didn't remember that. Plus, as someone who had grown up with traders, he knew how important it was.

"My name is Itzlel. I can certainly help with the collect, though I can help with the wash,"he assured.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:33 am
Itzlel. She'd do her best to remember that, and wasn't quite able to conceal a look of surprise when he offered to help. "Are you sure? I mean--thank you!" She certainly wasn't going to protest in that case, though she was entirely unused to men helping out in what most considered to be women's work. But she wasn't at the Hold any longer, and the Weyr took its chores seriously. Oranie didn't say much either as they walked, quietly fretting in her head over what to say. Should she keep talking? Should she not? She had to remember that what she considered to be 'proper'... wasn't necessarily true.

She decided to risk it. "Have... you been at the Weyr for a long time?"

Dea and #Teddy#

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:56 pm
Itzlel noticed the look of surprise, wondering for a moment why she was by his offer. Then he remembered that some people came from places where that was considered something only a woman should be doing. Well, he supposed they had their reasons for that belief, but he felt it was something men should know too. When she asked if he was sure, before thanking him, he gave a quiet nod that he was indeed sure. He walked with her, seeing her thinking and wondered what about. The answer soon came when she asked her question. Just answer the question, not hard, he reminded himself.

"No, only for a short time here at High Reaches. I was on the road before I was searched. How about you?"he asked. After all, his mother would have told him it was nice to repay the favor of a question.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:34 pm
"I've been at the Weyr for a little more than half a Turn now." Had it really been so long already? "I come from a small cothold, originally." And probably responsible for disgracing her family and husband by choosing to come here, but she was trying not to think too much about that, or what it meant for her sister.

Carefully, she began to gather the laundry that had been left out, wondering how many trips it would take to collect it all and walk it over... Honestly, she really didn't mind doing laundry, but seeing as she'd been expected to do it and do it well....

...well, it just had her wondering about other chores--things that had been considered men's work.

Dea and #Teddy#

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:12 am
Itzlel scooped up some of the dirty laundry, while listening to her explain how long she had been here. So it seemed she had been here a little longer than he had, but not by much. When she mentioned where she came from, he nodded, it now made sense her notion about washing being a woman's work. He knew from going all over a lot of holds had that kind of thinking, even some of the smaller ones. He kind of wondered what kind of life she led there, but asking would involve more conversation.

"I see. Family there?"he finally decided to question. It was all about being polite, he reminded.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff