Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Rising Up (Neuwith, Yaguareth + Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 am
Yaguareth was all scratched up again. Aryale had settled by the lake to clean the claw marks all over her green's snout and chest, shaking her head. "I know why you do it, love, but..." she trailed off, interrupted by her dragon who bumped her nose against the side of the young woman's head. No buts, my dear. the green hummed with contentment that only a freshly fed dragon had to them.

The wherry that had done the damage had taken worse in return, the rest having been left alone by virtue of Yaguareth's pride as a hunter and a warrior. They were all becoming warriors and while that once could have been a point of fear, Aryale had soaked in the endless confidence of her dragon and come out better for it. First blooding loomed over them all, however, and not everybody would feel the same.

There are worse things than fear - my brothers and sisters are all capable. Perhaps there were those with less confidence about it, but she would lift them when they needed it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:25 am
Neuwith was splashing enthusiastically in the lake, attempting simultaneously to float atop the water like a waterfowl and propel herself quickly forward with her legs below the waterline. The result was a massive churning of water and minimal forward movement. She was having a grand time, and her day improved immeasurably when she noticed her sister by the lake.

With a great deal of spray and noise, Neuwith paddled her way over to Yaguareth and peered with open curiosity at the scratches marking her hide. In the back of her mind she could hear Taibbi telling her to mind her own business, but there was no way that was going to happen. Neuwith needed to all the things.

What in the world happened to you, sister? Neuwith asked, continuing to examine the claw marks. A host of possibilities ranging from dull to implausible crowded the spotted green's mind, but she forced herself not to put any of them forward. She didn't want to put words in Yaguareth's mouth. She wanted to her her sister's words in her own words.

On the shore, Taibbi sighed and turned back to the letter she was writing to her mum. There was no stopping Neuwith once she found a trail to follow, and to be honest, Taibbi appreciated that Neuwith was distracted enough to let her have this time to write. It was not easy to find time for sedentary pursuits with a green as active as Neuwith.

demon_pachabel

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:51 am
Yaguareth lifted her head from Aryale as her sister approached, crooning in greeting as congenial blues whirled into her eyes. Neuwith. I engaged in glorious battle and won. she answered, earning a small snort from Aryale. She'd not say that wasn't what happened, but it was a touch of an exaggeration. Yaguareth rumbled in answer to the girl's laugh, almost a laugh of her own.

She was still content to crane and turn her neck so that Neuwith could get a better look at all of the scratches. None were so deep they wouldn't heal, Aryale was simply making sure they'd not get infected before they could. Wherries weren't exactly the cleanest of beasts, no matter how often the pens were cleaned.

And what were you up to before you graced me with your presence? Yaguareth asked, moving so that her rider could get up and nudging the young woman away with her snout. Aryale pat it once before taking a few steps away so the two sisters could better talk between themselves.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:48 am
Neuwith's eyes glowed a delighted blue at her sister's response, proud green shimmering around the edges. She was ever so proud of all her clutchsibs, but particularly of her green sisters. She paddled closer to get a better look at her sister's war wounds.

You are going to have to tell me all about it, she informed Yaguareth firmly. And then I will tell everyone, and the whole Weyr will know of your valor.

From her perch on the shore Taibbi snorted. She wasn't privy to Yaguareth's end of the conversation, but Neuwith usually made sure that her rider heard whatever she, herself, was saying, regardless of the situation. Not that Taibbi doubted Yaguareth had a good story to go with her scratches, but she couldn't help finding it a little absurd how eager her green was to learn and share news.

I wasn't doing anything all that interested. Just floating around. Wishing my rider would join me! The last bit was spoken so that anyone within a dragonlength or three could hear it.

Taibbi glanced up and waved her letter by way of explanation, calling back, "Can't! Paper! Mustn't get wet! So sorry!"

She wasn't sorry at all. She was still not accustomed to the idea of swimming, and although she was more or less buoyant (at least around her bottom), it was still perfectly possible to drown in a lake while one's behind floated at the surface.

I would never let you drown, Neuwith assured her privately. Not ever.

Redirecting her attention to her sister and her sister's rider, Neuwith fixed Yaguareth with the full intensity of her happy blue-green eyes and waited expectantly to hear a story of draconic derring-do.

demon_pachabel

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:07 am
Don't fluff it up too much, Aryale teased, as though Yaguareth would ever lie. Yaguareth simply answered her by sending a wave of love her rider's way.

I do not know if you've taken a wherry from the feeding pen as of late, but there is one in there that had been chasing down the candidates on cleaning duty. A ferocious one, full of life! It found valiantly and now it's strength is mine, Yaguareth couldn't spin tales the way perhaps Euxanth could have, if she'd been there, but she'd at least do her best of it.

Aryale pat Yaguareth's side, finding the account was fairly accurate to what had actually happened - glossing over the fact that when Yaguareth had jumped upon it, it had savaged her face and taken her by (delighted) surprise. Oh, once the green could go and hunt outside of the Weyr, Aryale would worry more for her choices in meals.

I see. What is she up to? Yaguareth asked, peering curiously off along the shore where Neuwith seemed to be directing her jab. Aryale leaned into Yaguareth's side, snickering.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:27 am
Neuwith's hearts thrummed with pleasure, listening to her sister describe her hunt, for that was what it amounted to, she decided. A very satisfying hunt, though, by the sounds of it, and nothing to be scoffed at.

I wish I'd been there! Not that you would have needed my help, of course. But it sounds as if you're a hero, she responded when Yaguareth's tale was told. Saving those candidates from potential maiming or worse.

It wasn't always easy to tell with Neuwith whether she was speaking in jest or in earnest when she said things like that, but either way, she had no derisive thoughts in her skull for Yaguareth's victory over the wayward wherry. Quite the contrary: a portion of her brain was already devoting itself to how best the story might be retold - and to whom - to ensure that Yaguareth received all her due accolades.

She's writing to her mother, Neuwith answered. It's very important to her to stay in touch.

In an uncharacteristic display of restraint, Neuwith did not go into the details of Taibbi's unhappy relationship with her mother. It was a hard line Taibbi had drawn early on, and Neuwith loved Taibbi more than she loved gossip (it wasn't even a contest, no matter what the weyrlingmaster might think), and she would not betray her person by revealing more of her history than she was expressly permitted to.

Sometimes she draws pictures of us and sends them along, she went on, treading into safer conversational territory. Confidingly she added, I love her, but the last one made me look like a pregnant wher. She's much better at drawing things than people.

I'm working on it, Taibbi muttered mentally. But I was trained to be a drafter, not an artist. Smiths don't have to draft dragons!

Whatever you say, love, Neuwith cooed back.

demon_pachabel

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:36 am
Family is important - Mine's is here. Mostly, Yaguareth sympathized, also careful to not overshare that which was really not asked for. A brother in High Reaches, a father who had lost two limbs and half a face to Thread. They were things that put doubt in Aryale's heart, as much as they offered her strength.

It was strange to think of having to draw a picture to send an image along - as a dragon, letters as a concept were slightly odd when by biology alone both things were enabled with just a thought across the world to another dragon. Us? You mean Yours and yourself? Yaguareth asked, certain it would be the case - as she couldn't imagine any reason to draw any of their siblings in a letter to Taibbi's mother.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:51 am
Of course! Neuwith agreed.

The green's pride in her own family practically beamed out of her. It was no wonder Taibbi had to come to Western to Impress - Western had the best dragons. All of Neuwith's clutchsibs were the very best, and their mother and father were also the very best. As far as Neuwith was concerned, her whole family was here. She had asked Taibbi on more than one occasion if Taibbi's mother couldn't come to live here, too, but Taibbi had just gotten grouchy and said it wasn't possible. Neuwith had plans to one day change her mind about that.

Oh, the drawings? Yes. Me, and Taibbi, and sometimes other people and dragons, too, if she mentions them in her letters. I don't remember if she's ever drawn you or Yours. Taibbi?

The hefty young woman on the shore glanced up toward the dragons and quickly reviewed the last few things she'd heard Neuwith say. Unlike Neuwith, who liked to constantly keep mental tabs on every conversation she could, Taibbi preferred not to split her attention that way and frequently had to play catch-up like when Neuwith assumed she'd been "listening in" and she really hadn't.

Um...I might have? Taibbi replied. She was very dedicated when it came to making sure she wrote to her mother at least once each sevenday, but the creeping suspicion that her mother didn't actually read her letters meant that she had given up keeping track of what she actually wrote and sent. It wasn't as if her mother had ever answered a single letter, after all.

She says she doesn't remember, Neuwith relayed to Yaguareth. Then she seized on a brilliant idea: She should draw you! And your person. Killing the wherry. Taibbi!

demon_pachabel

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas